Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs. Alabama prediction thread

Started by alohawg, September 14, 2007, 02:39:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alohawg

After 2 weeks to read and ponder and in keeping in line wth the fact I never go against the hogs here's my score prediction for tommorrow. GO  :razorback: GO!
HOGS  37  TIDE  27
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Biggus Piggus

All of the media are picking Bama on the assumption that Saban knows how to shut down McFadden and Jones.

I don't believe the Tide has the personnel to do that.

I see us winning 24-14.
[CENSORED]!

Coondog Hog

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

spdhog

HOGS 34
BAMA 24

1 simple reason-We have McFadden and Jones and they don't.

LAHOGG

Oliver

What the score should be...Hogs 28 Bama 13

What the score will actually be...Bama 24  Hogs 17

ALLVOL

piggingout

Ulysses_S_Grunt

DickSonstreetDFW

razorback903

Hogs 61
Bama 59
4 overtimes, we stuff them on the 2 point conversion attempt. 

The ghost of Bear urinates on Saban and heads to Fordyce on the Razorback's bus.

Go Hogs!!!
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

jst01

30-24 Hogs.

Hogs rush for 280+, Bama rush for 175.   Tejada hits 3 FG's. 

PorkSoda

24-17 Hogs win a close one.  The Defense shows what they are made of by stuffing a bama 4th down conversion attempt on their last drive of the game.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

LRcopperhog

27-14 Hogs

176 yards for D-mac
125 yards for Jones, plus a TD on a kickoff

hog_heaven_2000

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

sitting out

prhogs22

HOGS  30

BUMMER  14                           

deserthawg

31-14 hogs
Casey completes 14 of 22 passes 1 for a td
DMac and Felix rush for 250 yards combined

kitshicker

Hogs-27
Elephants-20

Their kicker hits a couple of field goals this time.

jcmojica23

Bama Possum

I know that folks are supposed to support their teams, but I wonder what the folks who think Arkansas will blow Bama away are basing their predictions on?

Alabama has basically the exact same team that came within inches of beating you at home with last year, (should have beat you last year!) AND a better coaching staff.

Arkansas has LESS than they beat Bama with last year (no QB or tested receivers), AND they are playing in Tuscaloosa.

Bama 31
Hogs 21

ceegar

Go Hogs. Go Noles.

PigTimePlayer

Hogs 26
Bama 21

Tejada gets another 4 field goals.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

TuckFexas

Hogs - 31
Bama - 27 (Tiffin chokes on an XP)
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

PigWig

31-20 Hogs.

Tiffin misses his first extra point of the game ;D

PigWig

tolerati

"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

count of bacon

dennis7758

"I didn't come here to be a backup," Mustain said. "It would be kind of pointless for me to keep working to do that."

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

PCHogs

I've been saying and thinking that we'd lose this one, but I now think with Tejada that we will win.

Hogs 27
Bama 26
My websites: 

Watchman Fellowship (a Christian discernment ministry with expertise on cults, new religious movements and world religions): www.watchman.org

CC not PC (Constitutionally Correct not Politically Correct):  www.facebook.com/ccnotpc and www.ccnotpc.com

Cajun Hog

BigArkyintheRock

The Dale gets ultra conservative on O (what else is new) inside the 40 yd line and Tejada nails 4 out of 5 FGs with a 55 yarder bouncing off the iron back into the endzone (so close though).

DMAC and Jones score one a piece with the PATs right down the middle.
12+14=26

Hogs win 26-13. Yes, Bama misses one of their PATs.

WPS! :razorback:
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

Chris

Arkansas 20
Alabama  28

Saban is a great coach and the crowd will be very loud, but none of that will win the game for Bama. Houston Nutt will be chewin' his fingernails during warm-ups. He won't let Dick throw a pass until it's an obvious passing situation. Nutt will be too scared to take a chance early that is needed to back the defense up a little. Saban will out coach him. Nutt loses the game. 
Ready for the Hogs to take the next step.

Boss Hogg

Dirty

bigyellowdog

September 14, 2007, 04:43:06 pm #42 Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 04:48:57 pm by bigyellowdog
Bama 24
Hogs  15

I see this as a very frustrating game for us.  The Hogs will run all over the field except for in the red zone.  With no effective passing game, "The David Lee Experiment" gets exposed.  The defense gets worn down late in the game allowing Bama to pull away.  The only good news of this is we become one step closer to getting rid of DMW.

Slacker

AHSC412

Quote from: Bama Possum on September 14, 2007, 04:11:15 pm
I know that folks are supposed to support their teams, but I wonder what the folks who think Arkansas will blow Bama away are basing their predictions on?

Alabama has basically the exact same team that came within inches of beating you at home with last year, (should have beat you last year!) AND a better coaching staff.

Arkansas has LESS than they beat Bama with last year (no QB or tested receivers), AND they are playing in Tuscaloosa.

Bama 31
Hogs 21

The fact that the Tide are using a 3-4 Defense this year bodes extremely well for Arkansas. This means that DMac will usually only end up 1 on 1 with a linebacker before breaking into the secondary, and DMac will win that battle every time.

JPW has the potential to be good, but last year he was lights out. The JPW we have seen this year does not even REMOTELY resemble the one that went 16/20 passing against us last year in Fayetteville.

We won't even remotely come close to throwing 4 interceptions in this game. Hell, it would be going out a limb to say that we would actually THROW the ball 4 times the entire game.

JPW had the game of his life(you get my drift) and MM had a HORRIBLE game last year.

Hogs roll.

Beaverfever

Bama 31
Hogs 21
What are all the bama fans basing their bold predictions on?  Is it ya'lls top 20 ranking?  The fact that yall beat us last year?  Maybe it's that ya'll went 7-1 in conference last year and came within a couple plays of beating the national champion and winning the sec?  I've got it now, it's yall's preseason heisman favorite.  Is that it?       Hogs 31-24

AHSC412

Quote from: AHSC412 on September 14, 2007, 04:47:12 pm

Bama 31
Hogs 21

The fact that the Tide are using a 3-4 Defense this year bodes extremely well for Arkansas. This means that DMac will usually only end up 1 on 1 with a linebacker before breaking into the secondary, and DMac will win that battle every time.

JPW has the potential to be good, but last year he was lights out. The JPW we have seen this year does not even REMOTELY resemble the one that went 16/20 passing against us last year in Fayetteville.

We won't even remotely come close to throwing 4 interceptions in this game. Hell, it would be going out a limb to say that we would actually THROW the ball 4 times the entire game.

JPW had the game of his life(you get my drift) and MM had a HORRIBLE game last year.

Hogs roll.

We may still have Nutt and you may have Saban, but in a nutshell, 'Bama is still soft on D and outside of Grant they are far more anemic on offense this year.

Saban can not bring you a world beater in his first season. Bama fans need to understand, you will NEVER return to your former glory on a consistent basis, if you ever even get back there at all.

GoblinDad

jrparrish

Quote from: 1WildHog on September 14, 2007, 04:46:07 pm
Bama 40
Hogs  27    :'(

Are you kidding? Bama's offense couldn't score 40 if they were the only team on the field and were spotted 21 points. Good God.

Hogs 31
Bama 13

hogsnot06