Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns to play for Auburn Saturday?

Started by DukeOfPork, September 12, 2007, 09:46:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayCallinBrotha

I believe the context of the show that day was Rick stating how much texting HDN had done to Kodi, trying to defend HDN as usual, Kim called in to say Kodi had not been getting the text messaging from HDN and to not use his son's name in something that he had no knowledge of.  P.S. Scott tell Rich, great job on the article and we look forward to the rest of it.

hogtusk

Quote from: fullfan on September 13, 2007, 02:16:16 pm
How many huggers on here were saying Kodi would never play QB in the SEC and would end up as a defensive back?   You are out there and you know who you are.  Betcha didn't think Ziemba would start his freshman year in the SEC either did you?

I don't consider myself a "hugger", but I watched Kodi play in HS and he is a great athlete and I believe is best position will be DB. Especially if he goes pro.
I plead guilty on not thinking Ziemba would start as a freshman. Any freshman OL starting for an SEC is quite an accomplishment. Congrats to Lee Ziemba.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Justme

I always liked him at QB.  Did a great job.

jsimpso3

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 13, 2007, 10:41:10 am
Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 13, 2007, 09:41:02 am
Quote from: PorkPariah on September 13, 2007, 09:32:43 am
Quote from: VenturaHog on September 13, 2007, 01:42:30 am
I feel pretty god about how hard we went after him, unlike mallett ziemba and green. he just didnt want to come here.

why is it that every kid's family that decides not to come here are "the greatest people who ever lived". does anyone know any bad people that went out of state? that might make us feel better, you know, if they were bad people and all.

FALSE.

Kodi's dad called Rick Schaeffer up and set him straight live on the airwaves on that issue.  He said that Kodi was not getting any contact from Arkansas.  Sounds a lot like what Broderick Green had to say.

Rick had to go change his underwear during the commercial break.

DISPUTED

Rick's source in Ft. Smith also contacted the show to call BS on kb's dad.  kb did what was good for kb, which is fine.  But it's stupid to choose another school and then claim, "oh but he really wishes he could have gone to Arkansas."

Rick's source was a TV guy who had minimal contact with Burns and his family. He was not a Northside nor Burns family "insider."

Kim and Dazzle Burns are two of the most honest and forthright people I've ever met. They are the definition of "good people." That's not to say Rick Schaeffer and his TV source in Fort Smith aren't good people. I'm sure they are. But when it comes to their children, I'll take the Burnses' word over two outsiders any day of the week.

everhawg

SF the reason to never buy a FS paper. Best of luck to KB.

razorback3072

September 13, 2007, 06:43:16 pm #55 Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:45:17 pm by razorback3072
Quote from: MCPeePants on September 13, 2007, 10:49:07 am
Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 13, 2007, 09:41:02 am
Quote from: PorkPariah on September 13, 2007, 09:32:43 am
I feel pretty god about how hard we went after him, unlike mallett ziemba and green. he just didnt want to come here.

FALSE.

Kodi's dad called Rick Schaeffer up and set him straight live on the airwaves on that issue.  He said that Kodi was not getting any contact from Arkansas.  Sounds a lot like what Broderick Green had to say.

Rick had to go change his underwear during the commercial break.

DISPUTED

Rick's source in Ft. Smith also contacted the show to call BS on kb's dad.  kb did what was good for kb, which is fine.  But it's stupid to choose another school and then claim, "oh but he really wishes he could have gone to Arkansas."

LOL at the notion of Rick's source trying to call BS on the recruit's OWN FATHER'S (who, by all accounts, is a stand-up guy) account of the situation.

What incentive would Kim Burns possibly have to call up Drive Time Sports and lie about what happened?   

Would this be the same source that told Rick the infamous parents meeting was between Beck, Broyles AND MM.  Which he reported on DTS then had to retract the next day?  If not then that's at least two of Rick's sources that have been wrong.  Surely Rick's sources are more solid than that?

Quote from: PlayCallinBrotha on September 13, 2007, 05:01:56 pm
I believe the context of the show that day was Rick stating how much texting HDN had done to Kodi, trying to defend HDN as usual, Kim called in to say Kodi had not been getting the text messaging from HDN and to not use his son's name in something that he had no knowledge of.  P.S. Scott tell Rich, great job on the article and we look forward to the rest of it.

This is exactly how it went down.  People were calling in complaining that HDN had time to send 2k+ texts to a certain individual but not any to any recruits.  Rick then came back from a break saying he had just gotten off the phone with a "source in FS that covers athletics closely" and HDN had texted Kodi so much that Kodi had to call him and tell him to stop.  That's when Kodi's dad called in a day or so later and as Rick was arguing with him about the credibility of his sources, Kodi's dad then told them who he was and Randy gasped.  He then went on to tell him to stop using his son's name.  Rick later called his "source" and "clarified" the situation by saying that HDN had texted him a couple of times after Gus left and that's when(per Rick) Kodi asked HDN to stop because he was going to Auburn and not going to change his mind.  Kodi's dad never said AR didn't recruit him. 
Quote from: Junkyard Hog on September 13, 2007, 09:18:52 am
Quote from: phadedhawg on September 12, 2007, 09:59:50 pm
I believe we lost Burns due to having Mustain...

That is not the only reason we lost him.  But I guarantee that was taken into consideration.

Mitch asked for his release in January.  signing day is not until February.  It's more likely we lost him because Gus left.  Besides, according to Nutt, it was basically Gus's fault.  He was more than happy to throw Gus under the bus by saying it was hard to get a kid when his recruiting coach leaves.  Well, why wasn't Nutt recruiting him also?  there's always a risk of losing coaches at any time before, during and after a season.  When you are the head coach the ultimate responsibility falls to you.  Especially when recruiting the top players in the country as well as the state.  How many in home visits did Nutt do with MM in his backyard??
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

mpeacock

Regardless of the "truth" behind this entire situation, Hugulus (or anyone for that matter), I find it absolutely amazing that you can in any form or fashion back HDN after all that has surrounded him. Even within the ideas of people diagnosed with delusionally psychotic thinking (conspiracy believers, most importantly) there is always an element of reality from which the distortion stems. Thus, I have to assume that HDN has done some (maybe not some of the more way-out rumors) of the things he has been accused of doing. This is why he is unpopular among many fans and apparently in-state, top-notch recruits (see the above list of names at other, more prestigious football programs). I firmly and wholeheartedly believe that Matt Jones and now Darren McFadden have kept HDN in a job. You know, the Matt Jones who succeeded despite the fact that we attempted to convert him into a drop back passer despite his chronic shoulder weakness and amazing improvisational abilities, and the McFadden that didn't run but once versus Vandy in 2005 (up until this point in the sentence you can't blame any of the former on Malzahn) and that was sent on an 80-yard sprint rout on 1st down during the final drive versus LSU last season (only to remain on the sidelines catching his breath for the next 2 downs). HDN is barely an above average coach and we will always be a barely above average football program under his reign. To defend him or support his remaining the head coach based on his coaching alone is indefensible, in my opinion (unless you enjoy tasting the potential of winning the big one only to have your heart stomped on the last two or three games every season).

I'm not a huge fan of behaviorism but I am beginning to believe that some fans have "habituated" to the aforementioned pain of (to the rest of us) heartbreaking losses year after year. But, maybe I shouldn't expect anything more from a program that continues celebrating a LOSS to Texas in 1969. Who the &^$% CELEBRATES A LOSS???!!! Perhaps those who believe in moral victories and wait till next year? It's all so special!

mcclintock126

Cox is definitely one of Auburn's biggest problems. Give Tubbyville credit for recognizing it.

Footballref

It would only be fitting becuase I seen Ziemba playing the other night when they were on ESPN.
When they got beat by SF.

HoopHog

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 12, 2007, 11:13:54 pm
Interesting that the majority of posters on this thread want to plumb the reasons that kb is at Auburn this year. The fact that Auburn has fielded a really bad team this year is much more interesting. Add that the vaunted Tuberville is pulling "the Nutt manuever" and burning a true freshman QB's redshirt in week 3.

Where are the "quick trigger" jokes on Tuberville?  How is this not the exact same coaching decision that hdn is excoriated for on a daily basis?

Well, let's let DORK have an undefeated season first - a BCS bowl bid (or two), and a string of successful years in the top 20.  Then (and only then) can anyone be so presumptuous as to lump the Dork and Tubberville into the same category.

Oh by the way, they never put a red shirt on Kodi Burns to even consider burning it.  Go check the Auburn two-deep chart and see for yourself.  If a player is good enough...don't vassilate with indecision, get him into the rotation.  When you do, don't bench him after he wins 8 straight!  This is the defining difference between Tubby and Dummy!!!

Idahog

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

Jellohawg

The bottom line is ,that no matter who he is playing for, wish this and any other young athlete the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WarEagle

Auburn fans want to see what Kodi Burns has.  Most of us respect Cox and appreciate his efforts, but think he is not the answer at QB.  Cox is a senior, older than most, and a three year starter and he just hasn't developed as well as we would like. 

Tub has said repeatedly that Cox is the starter and that he expects Burns to redshirt, but if Cox continues to struggle, there will be pressure for someone else to come in.

I personally think if Cox were injured, Blake Field would be the full-time replacement, however if Cox is still the starter, but isn't doing well and Tub thinks we need a "spark" we may see Burns come in as a change of pace.
I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon.  I have stood in its Alps.  I have gazed at its ocean sunset.  I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama and I've been changed forever. ~ Bud Poliquin

HoopHog

Quote from: WarEagle on September 14, 2007, 10:10:51 am
Auburn fans want to see what Kodi Burns has.  Most of us respect Cox and appreciate his efforts, but think he is not the answer at QB.  Cox is a senior, older than most, and a three year starter and he just hasn't developed as well as we would like. 

Tub has said repeatedly that Cox is the starter and that he expects Burns to redshirt, but if Cox continues to struggle, there will be pressure for someone else to come in.

I personally think if Cox were injured, Blake Field would be the full-time replacement, however if Cox is still the starter, but isn't doing well and Tub thinks we need a "spark" we may see Burns come in as a change of pace.

WarEagle...thanks for posting.  You guys nabbed a good one with Kodi. 

What do Auburn fans think of that shy, little freshman offensive lineman now starting for the Tigers...named Ziemba?

bigyellowdog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 13, 2007, 08:55:47 am
Only Nutt could play it perfectly so that he ended up without Mustain, Mallett and Burns.  IDIOT.

You would think DMW would be able to get and keep one of those guys. 

HoopHog

Quote from: bigyellowdog on September 14, 2007, 10:54:00 am
Only Nutt could play it perfectly so that he ended up without Mustain, Mallett and Burns.  IDIOT.

He kept their e-mail addresses.

bigyellowdog

Quote from: HoopHog on September 14, 2007, 11:00:10 am
Quote from: bigyellowdog on September 14, 2007, 10:54:00 am

He kept their e-mail addresses.

He obviously was not texting them.

WarEagle

Quote from: HoopHog on September 14, 2007, 10:46:59 am

WarEagle...thanks for posting.  You guys nabbed a good one with Kodi. 

What do Auburn fans think of that shy, little freshman offensive lineman now starting for the Tigers...named Ziemba?

Well, we obviously think our offensive line as a whole needs some work.  Brandon has been sacked seven times, hurried a bunch more, and we are not getting big holes for our running game either.  Ziemba has been okay, not outstanding, but then again, he has just played two college games.

On the whole I think Auburn fans are excited about him b/c he is starting as a true freshman.  I think once he has some experience he is going to be a true monster.  We have had some excellent folks on the offensive line in the past (Willie Anderson, Wayne Gandy, and most recently Marcus McNeil) and I think Ziemba can easily be the next one.
I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon.  I have stood in its Alps.  I have gazed at its ocean sunset.  I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama and I've been changed forever. ~ Bud Poliquin

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HOGansHero

Go HOGS! Someone needs to help that anemic Auburn offense. And people think Arkansas has a bad offense.  This years Auburn offense puts me to sleep so far.  Go HOGS!  :razorback: ;D      :puke: Auburn

Hook 'em Hogs

I don't know if it's out there, but I never heard Kodi's father call into DTS.  I would LOVE to hear that.  Does someone have it?  Is there an archive of their shows somewhere.  I've always luaghed just thinking about it, but would love to hear it!

nuttbustr

FOI records say that Houston didn't text Green, Burns or Ziemba once. I know for a fact that Ziemba was only texted by Malzahn.

Flatline

Quote from: nuttbustr on September 14, 2007, 04:38:52 pm
FOI records say that Houston didn't text Green, Burns or Ziemba once. I know for a fact that Ziemba was only texted by Malzahn.
Same with Kodi,  Malzahn was the only one recruiting him.