Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official 'Say Something Nice About Alabama' Thread

Started by Table Rocker, September 10, 2007, 11:50:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AUSTXHOG

Toothpaste was invented in Alabama.  If it was invented anywhere else it would have been called "teethpaste".

Seriously, I have a co-worker that is an Alabama fan (the rest here are either Aggies or Horns), so we always talk SEC football.  Gets me through the off-season.

hawaiianhogster

Alabama is going to take Arkansas to the shed. Ouch!

firejunky

Quote from: HeathWimp on September 11, 2007, 05:12:10 pm
It only cost me $503 to get out of a speeding ticket I got there...
WOW! Were you going the speed of light.
A closed mouth gathers no feet.

stronguard

They have Bryant Denny.

We have a Denny's at Bryant.

Advantage: Bama
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: stronguard on September 11, 2007, 11:34:27 pm
They have Bryant Denny.

Sorry Strong - the Denny's is in Benton, not Bryant...still advantage Alabama.

Here's something nice about 'Bama:

Calypso's Bar and Grill in the Orange Beach Marina.  Best cheeseburger you'll ever eat.

Bacon out...

stronguard

You can make a slang phonetic basketball related palindrome with their name.

Ama Bala n Alabama

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: stronguard on September 12, 2007, 12:09:17 am
You can make a slang phonetic basketball related palindrome with their name.

Ama Bala n Alabama

Nice!  +1
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

maximus

DMAC wore a alabama hat to the heisman last year, that is sayin alot. 
Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!

NuttinItUp

neal64ss

Smith Lake, North of Jasper (1 hr north of Tuscaloosa) is a great place to spend a summer weekend.

and did I mention its not Texass or Louisiana?

Biggus Piggus

When we make inbred jokes about Alabama, it's like poking fun at family.  Imagine hearing a New Jersey resident call a New Yorker a Yankee.

Huntsville, Alabama, is where the Saturn V rocket was developed.  Wernher Von Braun worked there.  A lot of smart people are still there.

Alabama girls have an accent that will melt you into a puddle.
[CENSORED]!

Wild Bill Hog

wincrimson

Quote from: Tomhog™ on September 12, 2007, 01:52:25 am
They make great moon shine in Oak Grove, AL...

Among other things.

I know quite the beautiful girls that come from the Trussville-Oak Grove area.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 11, 2007, 11:36:07 pm
Quote from: stronguard on September 11, 2007, 11:34:27 pm
They have Bryant Denny.

Sorry Strong - the Denny's is in Benton, not Bryant...still advantage Alabama.

Here's something nice about 'Bama:

Calypso's Bar and Grill in the Orange Beach Marina.  Best cheeseburger you'll ever eat.

Bacon out...

B-Town represent! Damn right we have a denny's
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

itsawonderfulhog

Lucy Buffett's (Jimmy's sister) Restaurant, LuLu's, in Gulf Shores.

http://www.lulusathomeport.com/main/index.php

Yearly stop for our family.  Good music, food, drinks (especially the frozen ones) but get there early to beat the crowd.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: itsawonderfulhog on September 12, 2007, 10:57:29 am
Lucy Buffett's (Jimmy's sister) Restaurant, LuLu's, in Gulf Shores.

http://www.lulusathomeport.com/main/index.php

Yearly stop for our family.  Good music, food, drinks (especially the frozen ones) but get there early to beat the crowd.

Ditto, I highly recommend LuLu's!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

PAHog

The best man in my wedding was born and raised in Eastaboga, AL (near Anniston), but he's an Auburn fan.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

silvertip

It's been 2 or 3 years now since a drunk Bama daddy squoze off a shot at his kids after a Bama loss !

kcabrozaR

If you need some red clay dirt, they have the market covered.
WE EAT SAWDUST WE CRAP LOGS WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT MEAN ASS HOGS
          Do not argue with an idiot, people watching may not notice the difference!

hawaiianhogster

hogwild7

Dalton

This is funny, a buncha Arkies making fun of Alabama.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: NolanForAD on September 11, 2007, 11:36:04 pm
Quote from: blancoriver on September 11, 2007, 09:02:00 pm
Alabama is the only state with all major natural resources needed to make iron and steel.

Ok.  I'm too lazy to look this up.   Isn't steel made FROM iron?   Help me out.  Is there a joke here that I don't get, or am I just ignorant? 

I vote ignorant.

sorry If your going to open the door and make it that easy

hog.goblin

Isn't the girl from LSUfan's sig from Alabama?  That would be two nice things from Alabama.

Porkem

Remember that kicker who missed all those field goals and extra points against us last year?  I sure am glad he's doing better these days. 

Ever since he cost his team the game he has been on suicide watch.  He tried to hang himself but couldn't kick the chair out.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Razotchieef

Because people from Alabama will leave your porch politely....

as soon as you pay for the Pizza.

hawaiianhogster

Alabama will win the SEC West Championship game. Oh wait! We only win that one.

CyberHog

They've made some good music down in Muscle Shoals.

SpaHog

LR Hog

Just got back from Gulf Shores and it's okay but it is no SeaSide
Like a boss.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

kitshicker

The company I work for is based out of Muscle Shoals, so it's nice to bring some of that Bama money to Arkansas.

HamShank

I have two great friends from Alabama.  Bama produces damn fine people from what I can tell.

charleyhog

They had a great coach born in Arkansas at one time, a long time ago

Oh well they probably don't even remember him by now

brownhog

I was driving thru Mobile when I saw a Krispy Kream with the "Hot" light on. I stopped and had a great donut.

Man, I love Mobile!

AllenK

Not drinkin'the Kool-Aid...

67Hog

Quote from: budcampbellfan on September 11, 2007, 02:41:55 pm
My ancestors came to Arkansas in the 1840's from there (with a banjos on their knees).

Come to think of it, my maternal grandfather's family came to Arkansas from Alabama sometime in the 19th century.  (I think they got lost.)

67Hog

Oh yes, something nice about Alabama:

Boiled (pronounced "bawled") peanuts.

MDH

They don't ever have to breathe Oklahoma air to get 3.2 beer on Sundays.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

VandyHog

Hank Williams, Hank Williams, Jr., and a baseball team called the "Biscuits."

Wayne Watson

Quote from: HamShank on September 12, 2007, 04:32:33 pm
I have two great friends from Alabama.  Bama produces damn fine people from what I can tell.

They moved there from Mississippi.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Hawgin84

Every person from Alabama I have drawn as my co-angler in the bass tournaments I have fished have always been fine people and a pleasure to share my boat with.  :razorback:

Tiredofhogssucking

NuttinItUp

Their incestuous gay lovemaking is done in areas where I do not have to see it.

NuttinItUp

Their incestuous gay lovemaking is done in areas where I do not have to see it.

+1 for that

riccoar

98hogs

The movie Deliverance is a Love Story in Bama , now ain't that sweet