Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locks of the week.

Started by hirebutchdavis, September 10, 2007, 08:39:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgasaurus

Quote from: BigC51 on September 19, 2007, 09:30:38 am
I made my largest bet on Cincinnati and Florida last week and both covered with no problems.

So far this week, I would bet my entire year on two games.......

Kentucky +7 at Arkansas
Texas Tech -3.5 v. Oklahoma St.

I also like LSU covering the 16.5 against S. Carolina.

I am going to add to this post....  people will b!tch and moan about me betting the house on Kentucky.  Anyone here attend the game in 2002?  I did.  But if you say history doesnt matter, I will tell you that Kentucky can put up more points than us and they can do it faster.

DMAC and Felix may run wild, but what happens when they are petered out in the 4th from 30 carries a piece and Woodson is hitting 40+ yard bombs???

Kentucky +7, no shame.

Hoping the local books catch action on Hogs heavy and it moves the lines higher +7' or +8
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

well im playing online so the local books don't help me, but for your sake I am certain plenty of hog fans will bet with their heart and you may get kentucky +9 or 10 by kickoff.
Let's make some waves.

Bomis Hawg

When betting, stay away from your team.  Feelings get in the way of what you think will happen.  I don't think Kentucky will cover, but no way I'd bet the game if someone gave me the money to do so.

Trouble lurks there.

Hawgasaurus

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 19, 2007, 09:47:28 am
well im playing online so the local books don't help me, but for your sake I am certain plenty of hog fans will bet with their heart and you may get kentucky +9 or 10 by kickoff.

Thats the plan. I guess we'll see what happens.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

Hogginitall

September 19, 2007, 09:59:46 am #105 Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 10:02:19 am by Hogginitall
I made my largest bet on Cincinnati and Florida last week and both covered with no problems.

Kentucky +7 at Arkansas

I am going to add to this post....  people will b!tch and moan about me betting the house on Kentucky.  Anyone here attend the game in 2002?  I did.  But if you say history doesnt matter, I will tell you that Kentucky can put up more points than us and they can do it faster.

DMAC and Felix may run wild, but what happens when they are petered out in the 4th from 30 carries a piece and Woodson is hitting 40+ yard bombs???

Kentucky +7, no shame.

Do you not find it strange that Arkansas is a 7 point favorite to the #21 team in the nation (after Kentucky beat the #9 team in the nation and Arkansas lost to an unranked Alabama team)?  I do.  Apparently, Vegas knows something we (at least, I) don't know.  I'd stay away from this game.  Kentucky is in a spot for a HUGE letdown after one of their biggest wins in the history of their program, coming on the road, etc.  But, then there's the fact that Arkansas has lost their next SEC game after losing their first SEC game in EVERY YEAR SINCE NUTT HAS BEEN THE COACH HERE (I promise you the fellows that make the lines in Vegas know this).

I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 ft. ladder.....

solix

i went 7 and 2 last week so climbing tree stand here i come.  my early early picks (no research and just looking at the paper) definitely subject to change

troy -10.5 riding a big win with the sun belt looking to open some eyes
lsu -16.5 really don't see lsu giving up 30 points all year
ou -22.5 to much talent
navy -11.5 run the ball all over duke
washington +7 ucla sucks
penn state -3 michigan...well see ucla
texas tech -6 ok state has no defense
fla -21 the tebow show continues
northwestern +22 ohio state has some serious problems
ark/ken love to see the over then decide

_Collin1

Quote from: Hogginitall on September 19, 2007, 09:59:46 am

Kentucky +7 at Arkansas

Kentucky +7, no shame.

Do you not find it strange that Arkansas is a 7 point favorite to the #21 team in the nation (after Kentucky beat the #9 team in the nation and Arkansas lost to an unranked Alabama team)?  I do.  Apparently, Vegas knows something we (at least, I) don't know.  I'd stay away from this game.  Kentucky is in a spot for a HUGE letdown after one of their biggest wins in the history of their program, coming on the road, etc.  But, then there's the fact that Arkansas has lost their next SEC game after losing their first SEC game in EVERY YEAR SINCE NUTT HAS BEEN THE COACH HERE (I promise you the fellows that make the lines in Vegas know this).

If you ever listened to Cowherd you would know Vegas breaks even on NCAA Football and rakes in the dough on NFL.  They make all their money on NFL.  Predicting 15 games in the NFL, easy.  Predicting 60+ games in the NCAA, a little tougher.

This year underdogs are covering about 80 percent and are winning straight up about 40%.

This game is a no brainer.  Especially with Arkansas being somewhere around 1-14 in SEC after losing by 4 points or less in the Nutt era.

If I was an outsider I would still think this is a no brainer.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Hogginitall

Quote from: BigC51 on September 19, 2007, 10:08:27 am
Quote from: Hogginitall on September 19, 2007, 09:59:46 am

Kentucky +7 at Arkansas

Kentucky +7, no shame.

If you ever listened to Cowherd you would know Vegas breaks even on NCAA Football and rakes in the dough on NFL.  They make all their money on NFL.  Predicting 15 games in the NFL, easy.  Predicting 60+ games in the NCAA, a little tougher.

This year underdogs are covering about 80 percent and are winning straight up about 40%.

This game is a no brainer.  Especially with Arkansas being somewhere around 1-14 in SEC after losing by 4 points or less in the Nutt era.

If I was an outsider I would still think this is a no brainer.

Obviously, I'm not trying to change your opinion.  I just wouldn't touch it with my money.  I'm not going to tell you good luck either because if Arkansas doesn't cover the spread, there's a good chance they lose outright.  And I want the Hogs to win.  Also, most people from the "outside" that I have seen so far are on the Hogs...and some of them are saying it's their biggest bet of the week and even the year.  For what it's worth.

_Collin1

The Kentucky bet is -115 and the Arkansas bet is -105.  That tells me people are betting heavy in Kentucky's favor. 
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Hogginitall

Quote from: BigC51 on September 19, 2007, 10:19:57 am
The Kentucky bet is -115 and the Arkansas bet is -105.  That tells me people are betting heavy in Kentucky's favor. 

It's not about where the most money goes, it's where the "smart money" goes.  For example, Monday night the Eagles started the night as a 7 point favorite.  A couple of hours before the game, I checked where the money was and 67% of the money had been laid on the Eagles.  HOWEVER, the line had gone from -7 to -6.5 even though 67% of the money bet on the game had been wagered on the Eagles.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on September 19, 2007, 09:51:22 am
When betting, stay away from your team.  Feelings get in the way of what you think will happen.  I don't think Kentucky will cover, but no way I'd bet the game if someone gave me the money to do so.

Trouble lurks there.

I agree, that's rule #1 for me.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.