Will we beat Bama this Saturday?

Yes
237 (62.9%)
No
140 (37.1%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Voting closed: September 16, 2007, 08:26:19 pm

Hogtropolis™

Simple Question.  Will we beat Bama this Saturday?  I just want to get a feel for what most people are thinking.

Feel free to add any thoughts you want to about the game.

Hogtropolis™

BTW, I say yes.

Post your vote so that we will know who thinks what and also so we can keep this poll on the first page.

SquirrelMasterFunk

I am gonna say NO.

A one dimensional, Nutt coached team, on the road, after a bye.....does not have much of a chance.

user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

RypTyde

Yes, if Bama is one dimensional like last week, we will own them.
Arkansas convert.  From Gator and Gamecock to hogwild.

jabohog

I will tell you this, if we don't beat Bama, DDog won't win the Heisman, and we won't be in the SECCG. Most prognostications of 8-4 will come better into focus. Bama and Kentucky are must wins to have any hope for a title run.

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: jabohog on September 09, 2007, 09:20:52 pm
I will tell you this, if we don't beat Bama, DDog won't win the Heisman, and we won't be in the SECCG. Most prognostications of 8-4 will come better into focus. Bama and Kentucky are must wins to have any hope for a title run.

We will not play in the SECCG because of LSU.
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

count of bacon

I say YES we beat Bama.   We have had a week to prepare, (and rest).   We should get out ahead with our running game and controlled passing ( screens, out in the flat etc....)  and then in the 2nd half we will run the ball and run the ball, and run the ball.   I expect 14-18 passes first half,  5-7 second half.    Final score  HOGS  34   Bama  20.

ballhog™

Yes, because of Dmac and Fjones.  Yes, because we beat Saban in his first year at LSU...it took him a couple of years to get his teams to top 10 level. Yes because Alabama hasn't had a great offensive showing yet.

No, because it's Saban's first SEC game at home for Bama and it's a night game...so it will be an electric atmosphere.  No because of our passing game.

So, I don't have a gut feeling yet.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

slopinhogs

September 09, 2007, 09:44:37 pm #8 Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 09:46:40 pm by slopinhogs
5  YARDS AND A CLOUD OF DUSAT IS ALL I NEED. WOODY HAYES. :razorback:

run Dmac run
run Felix run

hogs will win this one i think easier that we expected.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Qbackinman

HOGKING

Yes, and we will be able to throw the ball

Killean

We win by 2 TDs.  Bama has a worse passing game than Troy and their running game won't shine so much against Arkansas.  Our running game can flat out outman their defense and we've got an edge in the kicking game and in the kick return game, assuming we don't lose the punts.

Saban has yet to put on a helmet and score a touchdown this season and I expect that trend to continue as the Razorbacks win in impressive fashion.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

jeffshogs

Yes, becuase we will score so fast it messes them up.
Get your bird dog butt up and down the court!

Brand X Hog Fan

I hope we do but I voted no. I just don't feel good about this one. I feel better about beating Tennessee than I do Bama. Maybe its "Sabanitis." Mostly it is because we are in their house with an essentially untested defensive secondary and line. I also have no faith in our QB corp. Hopefully our running game and our linebackers can keep us "close till the fourth quarter."
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

RedSatinHog

No.  We lose it by 16 points.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

BassPro

hawaiianhogster

Tune in on Saturday to find out.

hogninja

Yes, I wasn't impressed with their game Saturday.  They did just enough to win and that won't be enough against Dmac, Jones, and Hillis. :razorback:

mcclintock126

I think Bama is too physical for us. Hope not, though.

Michaelt

I think the Hogs instill some hope in many fans who think things are hopeless.

Hogs 31
Bama 21
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

litmachog

I said no.  I have no defined answer why but I have just felt that either Bama or Carolina were going to be games that jump up and bite us and I'm afraid that this will be the one to do it with it being on the road.  We always seem to win a game we shouldn't and lose a game we shouldn't and I'm afraid this will be the game we lose.

Again I have no real reason but just a hunch. 

SultanofSwine

If the pass rush is not effective and the LB's don't contain Grant, we could be in for a real long day. That said I hope they kick as short and inbounds against us as they did Sat., that should bode well for our return game to really  help keep us in plus field position.

kitshicker

I think we'll win, the Tide didn't impress me too much against Vandy. Of course we weren't very impressive against Vandy last year either. (or Alabama for that matter)

Roadrunner

If we run the ball relentlessly with Jones & McFadden, we will win the game going away.
Their defense is their weakest link, well besides their QB who has yet to score a TD.
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Hogs4Ever

I think we'll win. We're not playing the best team in the conference and I think this team has lots of confidence.

GO HOGS!   :razorback:

cosmodrum

A week ago I would have said probably not. But after watching John Parker Wilson stink up the place in Nashville, I say the QB factor for each team sort of evens out. They seemed to run the ball pretty well, but then again, it was against Vandy. Their d line will not be able to handle our o line and the four-headed monster in our backfield. That's right...FOUR headed.

WPS!
Go away, batin'

ceegar

I'll take the road underdog in this one.  Hogs by 8.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

BirminghamBill

I have a bad feeling in my gut, but I think they'll prove me wrong.  Hogs by 12.

Frankycottonrow

We win by 4, Special teams wins it.......yeah I said special teams

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I say again if we are forced to throw it we will lose.  I don't see how the extra week helps us.  NUtt can't get them prepared when he has four weeks to get ready for a bowl game.  In fact the more time we have to get ready the more HDN screws them up.
Let's make some waves.

DeltaBoy

NO!

Hooten will screw it up.
No GUS+ NO M-16 + Sabin = a BAMA win
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Adam Stokes

Alabama has shown good defense so far this year.  They've held their opponents to 66.5 rushing yards per game so far this season.  I think we will get just over 200 yards on the ground, and around 125 from Casey, enough to win.  I think we will win, however, turnovers will be the deciding factor in this game.  I think we can hold JPW to less than 215 and their running game to less than 80, so we better win.  If Casey Dick throws less than 2 INT's I think we will win.  He won't get the oppurtunity to throw much anyways.  If we protect the ball, we'll protect the win.  Expect another 3 FG's from Tejada.

Hogs       23
Dumbo's   13

SultanofSwine

There is exactly NO FREAKIN WAY we hold Bama to 80 yards on the ground. I think we can certainly win this game but that is waayyy out there for a defensive expectation.

MichaelT.

blue

We very easily should have lost to both Vandy and Bama last year. I won't recap, but if we beat Bama at their place it will take another Tiffin miracle.

LSPRazorbac

September 10, 2007, 10:42:10 am #35 Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:47:45 am by LSPRazorbac
Yes,

1)  I don't think Bama can stop Dmac without ignoring Felix.  I expect Felix to have another big day.

2)  John Parker Wilson did not look impressive against Vandy.  He completed only 50% (14-28) of his passes, and has yet to throw a TD.  Is Vandy considered to have a good passing defence?  Vandy also had a chance to Intercept 2 or 3 passes put dropped them.

3)  Same kicker that missed everything last year is only 4 for 8 this year.

OTTER

Hogs over Bama 28-10. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

porkchopscott

Ill have to say NO.
we really need to pick up our passing game

darkhogfan

I am very concerned about this game and have been since Saban was hired.  This game is the key to the Razorbacks season.  Win big and we're in for a specail year.  Close game either way means .500, give or take a game, in conference play.  Get killed by the Tide and we're in for a long one.  The fact that Earl Bennet was basically a non-factor in the Vandy game really makes me nervous.  Saban is a great coach and very defense oriented so the Hogs cannot be 95% run and 5% pass with a low percentage of those passes not being completed.  I would feel a whole lot better if Monk was 100%.
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

Idahog

Quote from: ballhog on September 09, 2007, 09:41:08 pm
Yes, because of Dmac and Fjones.  Yes, because we beat Saban in his first year at LSU...it took him a couple of years to get his teams to top 10 level. Yes because Alabama hasn't had a great offensive showing yet.

No, because it's Saban's first SEC game at home for Bama and it's a night game...so it will be an electric atmosphere.  No because of our passing game.

So, I don't have a gut feeling yet.

Ditto.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

REALTOR Hog

I don't know.. If we knew we would beat them why would we need to play? The question will answer it self on Saturday.
- GO HOGS -

jj202020

their defense is way better than ours, their passing game is better, their special teams are better, the coaching is better.

we have one advantage: #5.  But because of the simplicity of our offense, he won't have a fair shot.

Bama by 14.

Dcace83

Quote from: cbad on September 09, 2007, 09:21:48 pm

I would almost agree with this except it's the boot game. There is always a chance that game can go either way. I don't care how lopsided it looks.

We will not play in the SECCG because of LSU.

And if I had a gun, with two bullets, and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden and Toby, I would shoot Toby twice. -Michael Scott

<--- I brought that avatar to Hogville. It's win I know.

oldmantide

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on September 09, 2007, 08:26:19 pm
Simple Question.  Will we beat Bama this Saturday?  I just want to get a feel for what most people are thinking.

Feel free to add any thoughts you want to about the game.

I don't claim to know who's going to win... but i can say for fact this bama team is bigger... stronger... faster...and better coached team than you played last year...If JPW has a bad first quarter yall will get the chance to see McElroy very accurate and poised ...may the best team win... RTR!

S.P.A.M. Hog

I never gave them a chance to do better than this. Run DMC will not win the Heisman...he will be lucky to be in the top 3, SECCG is a pipe dream-LSU will go from the West. We had our shot last year and Nutt job screwed it up...once the dust settles on this season I hope we have an AD that is committed to winning in football and gets Nutt out of here. JFB has put in positions to win in Baseball, Basketball and Track....he forgot to get the football team there. Heck, even Bev Lewis made a huge upgrade for the Ladybacks in basketball... 
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

mword

I'll have to say no, because Dick sucks as a QB and Nutt is still the Hogs' coach. I also don't have much faith in the secondary either.

bearcathog

Hogs 26 4fgs
Bama 13 1missed xp 2 missed fgs
"Never Trust a Bunny" Wolf to Twitchy

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ballhog24 on September 10, 2007, 07:17:52 am
I think the Hogs instill some hope in many fans who think things are hopeless.

Hogs 31
Bama 21

I don't think things are hopeless, I just hope that D-Mac and F-Jo can load the entire team on their backs and force us to win despite our HC. Problem is, they aren't the entire team and Nutt's decisions do play a role. 1-3 at Bama during the Nutt era. 0-2 against the first SEC team we play away from home after an open date. 0-2 against teams coached by Saban on his home field. 0-2 under Nutt against Bama when Bama averages over 400 total yards per game coming into the game. You can say these things don't matter, and that is fine. Those are facts, the rest is b.s. We lose this one at their house, 27-24(though I would be very, very happy if it were the other way around).
Go Hogs Go!

TOM "tbw1"

Looking at Bama's performance against Vandy over the last 40 years you will notice that Bama has only done enough to win even in its national championship years.

Look for Saban to have prepared the defense for Dmac and Jones.  It will come down to whether Casey can perform.

Bama by three in a fun game.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?