Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Miles to Michigan, then Nutt to LSU?

Started by hog_co-pilot, September 09, 2007, 07:03:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

mword

If he did go to LSU, he would really screw up a good program.

NWASooner

QuoteThere is a $1.25 million buyout clause in Les Miles' contract if he were to leave LSU for Michigan prior to the 2011 season. Therefore, it is doubtful that Michigan will come up with that kind of cash.

You've got to be kidding.  Money is no object at Michigan.  If they want Miles, money won't stand in the way.

As for who LSU would hire, that guy at USF would be a good score.  Would they offer Jimbo Fisher?  Who knows.  I'd go after the USF guy, though.

rzrbak4life

Why would you hire a coach that is only able to beat you once in a blue moon.

stan the man

Quote from: tigerLSU on September 09, 2007, 08:47:13 pm
Quote from: stan the man on September 09, 2007, 08:39:21 pm
Miles isn't going anywhere.  Why would he leave LSU which appears to be on a roll and go to Michigan where there seems to be some problems.  LSU is a much better job than Michigan is.
Why would Miles leave LSU.....let me count the ways.

1. He returns to his alma mater where he played, coached, and whom his mentor Bo Schembeckler is considered an icon. And as the Bear said when he left A&M for Bama.........when Momma calls, you gotta go.

2. You can take the yankee out of the north but you can't take the north out of the yankee.

3. He gets too coach a historic program that has the most wins (sorry bama) in college football and probably one the most distinctive helmets and fight songs in college football.

4. He has the budget and name to conduct nation wide recruiting.

5. And here is the most important reason. He goes to a school where he basically has a one game season.........Ohio State. Why stay in the SEC and beat your brains out week after week against Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, Bama, Tennessee, Georgia and South Carolina; which includes 4 NC coaches. One or two average recruiting years and you're screwed. He can survive that at Michigan.

You do have some valid points.  However I don't think MIchigan will go after Miles because there are better choices out there.

slopinhogs

Michigan isn't going to run their coach off, neither is Notre Dame, but if LSU"S coach does go to Michigan for some unforseen reason and Nutt goes to LSU , SO Be it. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

HoggieStyle

TennesseeRaz

I think it more likely that DMW becomes the fullbacks coach at Tulsa.

tigerLSU

[quote   However I don't think MIchigan will go after Miles because there are better choices out there.
[/quote]

according to WHO?

Michigan likes to hire from within...Miles is the best available coach with ties to Michigan

AHEC Hog

Quote from: hog_co-pilot on September 09, 2007, 07:03:35 pm
I have a question for you more experienced guys.  I was watching the LSU vs. V Tech game and learned that Les Miles once played for Michigan.  (I didn't know that- I'm a girl.)  Anyway, the commentators speculated that if Carr was fired from Michigan at the end of this year that Miles might take the Michigan job.  My question is this- What are the chances that Nutt would be offered and accept the LSU job if Miles left for Michigan?

You just gave me a warm fuzzy feeling in my groin.
"straight roads are for fast cars, curvy roads are for fast drivers

Choctaw Hog

That's really funny.  Let's all start a Nutt to LSU campaign to help him.   

JShipCPA

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 09, 2007, 07:45:11 pm
Quote from: Pignoramus on September 09, 2007, 07:32:56 pm
Quote from: schweine on September 09, 2007, 07:29:00 pm
No one is going to want Nutt. If Nutt goes anywhere, it will be to teams in the Conference USA or some team in Division I AA team.

LSU has a great recruiting base.  Coach Nutt would be an awesome coach there, but I imagine he will be at Arkansas for a little longer yet.  Hope so anyway.

HDN: "LSU recruits itself." 

With a decent coach, not HDN...

Dave Campo would be a better choice for the Bayou Bengals!!!

NWASooner

Michigan does not have a one game season.  They play Notre Dame every year, Wisconsin most years, and they're one of the schools that play other big time programs.

They generally have a tougher schedule than Auburn.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: NWASooner on September 09, 2007, 10:49:33 pm
Michigan does not have a one game season.  They play Notre Dame every year, Wisconsin most years, and they're one of the schools that play other big time programs.

NWA Sooner, you have a PM.

tigerLSU

Quote from: NWASooner on September 09, 2007, 10:49:33 pm

Auburn scheduale looks pretty tough to me

Date Opponent / Event Location Time/Result

09/01/07 vs. Kansas State  Auburn, Ala. W, 23-13
09/08/07 vs. South Florida  Auburn, Ala. L, 26-23 (OT)
09/15/07 vs. Mississippi State  Auburn, Ala. 11:30 a.m. CT
09/22/07 vs. New Mexico State  Auburn, Ala. 6:00 p.m. CT
09/29/07 at Florida  Gainesville, Fla. TBA
10/06/07 vs. Vanderbilt  Auburn, Ala. TBA
10/13/07 at Arkansas  Fayetteville, Ark. TBA
10/20/07 at LSU  Baton Rouge, La. TBA
10/27/07 vs. Ole Miss  Auburn, Ala. TBA
11/03/07 vs. Tennessee Tech Auburn, Ala. 1:30 p.m. CT
11/10/07 at Georgia  Athens, Ga. TBA
11/24/07 vs. Alabama  Auburn, 

NWASooner

This year is an exception for Auburn.  Last year they went something like 5 straight weeks without playing a team that finished with a winning record.  Last year it was:

Washington State
Miss. State
LSU
Buffalo
South Carolina
Arkansas
Florida
Tulane
Miss
Arkansas State
Georgia
Alabama
Nebraska

That's hardly a murderer's row.  Six of those teams didn't even go to a bowl, which is saying something considering half of Div-1 goes to a bowl.  Two of the bowl teams were Bama and Georgia and they were very average.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: tigerLSU on September 09, 2007, 08:47:13 pm
One or two average recruiting years and you're screwed.

What about 10 average recruiting years in a row? Screwed, barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, with 6 kids ages 1-7?

I think Nutt needs to go to Notre Dame. They deserve him.

WPS!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: RazorbackNutt on September 09, 2007, 07:30:06 pm
haha...no way.  But seriously, who will be the next LSU coach??  Boise St.??  Tedford from cal??  Butch Davis?? haha...

No Thanks on Butch Davis he is getting his @$$ handed to him by Conference USA school's right now.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

longtimeHogfan

The thought of Dale ever coaching at LSU, today, is laughable.  There was a time when he was a hot commodity, but that time has come and gone.  The LSU powerbrokers have to be blowing/snorting/spitting Gumbo through their collective noses at the thought. 

Houston Nutt is a joke and, unfortunately, the folks on 'The Hill' don't get it.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Spiral_cut

The PTB in Baton Rouge are not that stupid...

Hawgz4Life

The perfect scenario would be that the only job offer HoostenDale got at the end of the season (after he and his ilk are invited not to return to the UofA) would be at Tulsa as an assisstant to the Offensive Coordinator. That would be SOOOOO rich.

abraHAM_lincoln

Quote from: hogapalooza on September 09, 2007, 08:43:52 pm
LSU is not as dumb as we are. 

...and we are really dumb..we gave this clown pay raises and extentions to Stay....  God hates Us....and Nutt is our punishment.

BartIV

I don't see LSU going for Houston Nutt, but I do see LSU going for the Rutgers coach, who may or may not take the job.  Someone said he is waiting on the Penn st. job to open up.

LSUFan

Quote from: abraHAM_lincoln on September 10, 2007, 08:36:58 am
Quote from: hogapalooza on September 09, 2007, 08:43:52 pm
LSU is not as dumb as we are. 

...and we are really dumb..we gave this clown pay raises and extentions to Stay....  God hates Us....and Nutt is our punishment.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh SNAP!

LSUFan

Quote from: CabotHog on September 10, 2007, 09:04:52 am
I want Nutt to go to LSU so we can see him get fired.

and attacked like they did the Tennessee bus? ;D

Roadrunner

YOu're dreaming.
LSU does not want Nutt.
I can't think of anyone who does want him, sadly.
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

kitshicker

BartIV

I do think the drama on the hill, ruined Houston Nutts chances with many NCAA top tier teams.  No matter who started the drama, Houston Nutt was involved and it will definitely hurt him in future jobs.  Does anyone else believe this?

EastexHawg

Quote from: tigerLSU on September 09, 2007, 08:50:05 pm
Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on September 09, 2007, 08:48:37 pm
lsu would probably go after and get butch davis, man karmas a biotch

My 1st choice would be Schiano from Rutgers

But I think It will be Jack DelRio
LSU was vety clsoe to hire him befor miles took over

Jack Del Rio to LSU?  Wow, that would be awesome as far as I'm concerned.  JDR could take his three yards and a cloud of dust offense from Jacksonville, a team I root for, and bring it to LSU...

BTW, LSU fans would storm the campus, burn the athletic offices to the ground, and lynch everyone in sight if they even THOUGHT about hiring Nutt.

Nutt to LSU.  That's a good one.

LOL!!!

The real Hogules

Houston Nutt has about as good a chance of landing another BCS coaching gig as Usama Bin Laden does of being welcomed onto American soil.............................it ain't going to happen.

Nuttless has pi$$ed in his warm place, but is hanging on for dear life because he KNOWS that when it's over at Arkansas his D-1 coaching career is (much like his secondary) burnt toast!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Big_D

I really believe that if given the chance Lester will go back home to "Meechigan". Also 1.25 million is petty cash for that school as far as a buyout.

But this one thing really grates me with those Michigan fans, on their fan sites tons of them have a quote " got 11?.. we do. They are speaking of their 11 national titles, but since 1949 they have won 2. I mean please get some more titles since they quit wearing leather helmets with no face masks. especially since we are talking about a school with an enrollment of 40,525 in 2006. I mean I would like to see some of these schools talk about titles in the last , let's say 47 years , like from 1960 till now.

And please God, let Houston go to LS and U , but it will never happen....

PCHogs

If NC State, Bama and Miami won't give Nutt a look then there's no way LSU will even consider him.  We're stuck with him.
My websites: 

Watchman Fellowship (a Christian discernment ministry with expertise on cults, new religious movements and world religions): www.watchman.org

CC not PC (Constitutionally Correct not Politically Correct):  www.facebook.com/ccnotpc and www.ccnotpc.com

biggiepiggie

LSU would more likely try to hire Tubberville as he can beat them.  Nutt
has lost to them, what, 5 in a row?  They won't want him.  Maybe Auburn
would but I doubt it.  We're just stuck with him for now.

stevenwayneslane

NWASooner

QuoteI do think the drama on the hill, ruined Houston Nutts chances with many NCAA top tier teams.  No matter who started the drama, Houston Nutt was involved and it will definitely hurt him in future jobs.  Does anyone else believe this?]I do think the drama on the hill, ruined Houston Nutts chances with many NCAA top tier teams.  No matter who started the drama, Houston Nutt was involved and it will definitely hurt him in future jobs.  Does anyone else believe this

I totally believe this.  Schools are willing to put with a certain amount of drama if the coach can win.  (Dennis Erickson comes to mind.)  Nutt brings a LOT of drama with a 7-4 record.

LSUFan

Quote from: tigerLSU on September 09, 2007, 08:50:05 pm
Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on September 09, 2007, 08:48:37 pm
lsu would probably go after and get butch davis, man karmas a biotch

My 1st choice would be Schiano from Rutgers

But I think It will be Jack DelRio
LSU was vety clsoe to hire him befor miles took over

WRONG!

The goofy bastard NEVER even got an interview!

Sexton just threw his name against the wall to see if it would stick, and it DID NOT!

LSPRazorbac

Rod6275

they would never take him...they want  a  winnner  who can  hold on to kids...
Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

Hawg_Heaven

This is for all the people that think there is no way in hell that Nutt gets the coaching job at LSU if Miles leaves.

I bet you didn't think Saban was going to Bama either, did you? Anything is possible in this wacky world. I don't think LSU would hire him, but who knows. I think it would be good for Arkansas if he did go because we could get all of Louisiana's recruits that Nutt runs off. lol

HogStang

Quote from: BartIV on September 10, 2007, 09:30:29 am
I do think the drama on the hill, ruined Houston Nutts chances with many NCAA top tier teams.  No matter who started the drama, Houston Nutt was involved and it will definitely hurt him in future jobs.  Does anyone else believe this?
Without a doubt, the drama stained him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get offered a 3 year contract at a lower tiered, Div 1 school if he can get the Hogs to an 8-9 win season this year. With our schedule, 9 wins should be doable.