Reality Check for Hogs Vs. Crimson Tide

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, September 09, 2007, 05:48:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Newhopehog

Table Rocker

Landonhog

Quote from: ballhog24 on September 09, 2007, 06:23:05 pm
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 09, 2007, 06:07:02 pm
OK, I hope they do, but what do you base that on? I used facts. You are using what? D-Mac? F-Jo? Great, great backs........probably the best RB tandem ever in the history of Arkansas. Maybe two of the best in the history of NCAA football. But beyond that, what do you use to make that projection........using facts? I hope you are right, I truly do, but history is without a doubt, against us.

I do understand, but even using facts are at best a crap shoot. You're going off of teams that are different from year to year, different personnel, different coaches, different strategies. Nutt's record v. Saban doesn't matter because that was with a different team, so you can pretty much throw that "stat" out of the package. Did McFadden and Jones play at Bama? I don't recall, but I thought they were held out because they were freshmen and HDN didn't want to put freshmen running backs in that early?

There are so many differences between college teams year to year that using past stats to base a favorable opinion on are not viable...IMO

I'm glad somebody else pointed that out...  Muskogee gets a little "too into" historical stats, that have VERY little meaning when teams, coaches, styles, etc..; change every single year. 

Not to mention he put our DL in the same category as Bama's.  Credibility lost. 

Landonhog

Quote from: Feralhog on September 09, 2007, 06:20:01 pm
You guys thinking Bama's D sux are in for a rude awakening.

We will run all over Bama's WEAK front 7.  I'm awake. 

RypTyde

September 09, 2007, 09:48:47 pm #54 Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 09:50:57 pm by RypTyde
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 09, 2007, 09:03:47 pm
Quote from: hawgbawb on September 09, 2007, 08:35:47 pm
Bamas yards per game stats are inflated by playing the Little Sisters of the Poor. They're pretty meaningless. The Saban vs. Nutt stuff is B.S. too, IMO. Saban had more talent on the field in the past. Not this year. This will be a tough, close game, like last year. 
You mean like us playing Troy and padding our stats?
Bamas yards per game stats are inflated by playing the Little Sisters of the Poor. They're pretty meaningless. The Saban vs. Nutt stuff is B.S. too, IMO. Saban had more talent on the field in the past. Not this year. This will be a tough, close game, like last year. 

man everyones does that.  Bama did the same the first game.  It helps to make a bowl even with a sorry year.  Good for recruiting to get some national attention.  Almost all teams like to have 1 or more cupcakes before playing a hard fought game to get out some kinks. Troy is one of the best patsies we could find.  LOL Auburn and Michigan love their patsies.
Arkansas convert.  From Gator and Gamecock to hogwild.

Hoggish1

If we had a competent coach, I would say our talent wins this one.  But, we have a coach who doesn't know how to use an extra week to get an edge, so I think Bama is a better pick, for a betting man.

Nevertheless, since I'm not a betting man, I'll be there for the Hogs despite our coaching liability...

Go  :razorback: Go

wincrimson

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on September 09, 2007, 09:39:20 pm
Quote from: BILLYBOB on September 09, 2007, 09:33:10 pm
Actually, South Carolina and Alabama are totally different situations.  USC had a pretty good coach in Lou Holtz...he may have slipped a little, but ol' Lou knows a thing or two about winning on the grid iron. 

Alabama, on the other hand, was coached by a complete idiot. I thought SHula was hands down the worst coach in the SEC.  Bama has seriously upgraded and it has already shown.  They'll be good.
Not disagreeing with you that they have upgraded as far as coaching goes, but I fail to see how it has already shown.  By beating Western Carolina and Vandy?

Who did you want him to beat? 

He's beaten who he's played. 

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: cbad on September 09, 2007, 09:24:39 pm
Quote from: MysticHog on September 09, 2007, 09:17:59 pm
Look at South Carolina they have made this mistake twice, the thought they had hired the old Lou Holtz what they got was an "old Lou Holtz".  Same thing with Spurrier.  Bama has the same thing, retread from the NFL who couldn't cut it trys to do it in college again.  Don't fear Saban, still the same players, we'll killem.

Coaching makes a BIG difference in college.
This is a better Bama team because of Saban, just like South Carolina is a better team because of Spurrier (they just beat Georgia).

When was the last time we beat Georgia?

Hawg_Heaven

Bama won't be great until Saban gets his players there and his program to working. That is what happened at LSU. He didn't set the world on fire his first year if you remember. However, Bama will be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Wincrimson on September 09, 2007, 10:03:55 pm
Actually, South Carolina and Alabama are totally different situations.  USC had a pretty good coach in Lou Holtz...he may have slipped a little, but ol' Lou knows a thing or two about winning on the grid iron. 

Alabama, on the other hand, was coached by a complete idiot. I thought SHula was hands down the worst coach in the SEC.  Bama has seriously upgraded and it has already shown.  They'll be good.
Not disagreeing with you that they have upgraded as far as coaching goes, but I fail to see how it has already shown.  By beating Western Carolina and Vandy?

Shula would have won both of those games too.

PulledPork

DOH!!!!!

Pulled out...

BILLYBOB

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on September 09, 2007, 10:06:54 pm
Bama won't be great until Saban gets his players there and his program to working. That is what happened at LSU. He didn't set the world on fire his first year if you remember. However, Bama will be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years.

You're right...but I think Saban will immediately impact Alabama.  They'll get an extra two wins for no other reason than he is the coach (and Shula is not).
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

PulledPork

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on September 09, 2007, 10:06:59 pm

Shula would have won both of those games too.
yeah, right!

Pulled out...

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: BILLYBOB on September 09, 2007, 10:09:32 pm
Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on September 09, 2007, 10:06:54 pm

You're right...but I think Saban will immediately impact Alabama.  They'll get an extra two wins for no other reason than he is the coach (and Shula is not).

I don't agree with you much BillyBob, but I do agree that Saban will impact a little this year. They will go to the independence bowl and win this year. Oh, and they will be Auburn also. I may be eating crow in a few days, but I just don't think they are going to be that great this year. If anything, they will be better because their QB is a year older and can lead the team better. I just don't see us losing this game. I also think we beat them convincingly. I still don't think McFadden was 100% for this game last year and there was a battle with game planning at this point. I am not saying Lee's gameplan is worth a flip, but it is better than trying to make a hybrid with Malzahn's and Nutt's.

Ahenso

Look at South Carolina they have made this mistake twice, the thought they had hired the old Lou Holtz what they got was an "old Lou Holtz".  Same thing with Spurrier.  Bama has the same thing, retread from the NFL who couldn't cut it trys to do it in college again.  Don't fear Saban, still the same players, we'll killem.

Why should we kill them, we got lucky last year and they have only gotten better. Take off the homer sunglasses.

jamie72921

I do understand, but even using facts are at best a crap shoot. You're going off of teams that are different from year to year, different personnel, different coaches, different strategies. Nutt's record v. Saban doesn't matter because that was with a different team, so you can pretty much throw that "stat" out of the package. Did McFadden and Jones play at Bama? I don't recall, but I thought they were held out because they were freshmen and HDN didn't want to put freshmen running backs in that early?

There are so many differences between college teams year to year that using past stats to base a favorable opinion on are not viable...IMO

Not only did Dmac play, he gained something like 180 yards and we still lost.

Prime example of why we still need a passing game as I remember it.
Bless your heart

jamie72921

Quote from: Landonhog on September 09, 2007, 09:43:03 pm
OK, I hope they do, but what do you base that on? I used facts. You are using what? D-Mac? F-Jo? Great, great backs........probably the best RB tandem ever in the history of Arkansas. Maybe two of the best in the history of NCAA football. But beyond that, what do you use to make that projection........using facts? I hope you are right, I truly do, but history is without a doubt, against us.

I'm glad somebody else pointed that out...  Muskogee gets a little "too into" historical stats, that have VERY little meaning when teams, coaches, styles, etc..; change every single year. 

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Dmac and Jones did play brotha!
Bless your heart

Choctaw Hog

September 09, 2007, 10:27:50 pm #67 Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 07:38:25 am by Choctaw Hog

It dreally doesn't matter

I think Saban is a very good (perhaps great) coach and will do outstanding things at Alabama.  But, if you compare his coaching ability and knowledge to our resident Text Master, he looks like Vince Lombardi reincarnate.  It would be the equivalent of Vince going head-to-head against Rick "Listen Mister" Scheffer.  If the talent level is even remotely close to Arkansas', we lose almost every time. 

hawaiianhogster

I'm 180 degrees out the other way on this issue. Saban will get this team playing at a higher level than Shula did.

bamamo

the hogs would kill to have spurrier or saban. dumb post!

pigslop

I hate to say this but look at what HDN did in 98.
We went 4-7 in 1997, then went 8-0 in 1998 to finish 9-3
Same players new coach.
They will do better than people expect.
:razorback:

MuskogeeHogFan

September 10, 2007, 06:31:59 am #71 Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 06:50:58 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: Landonhog on September 09, 2007, 09:43:03 pm

Well, I realize that facts are harder to counter, so gee, sorry I brought up "facts". That is the whole reason people don't like to hear them in regard to their own team. I call it being "objective". It is a remarkable concept. As for our D-Line vs. their D-Line, their D-Line got a lot better by the way they play their so-called 3 man defensive front, which is actually with their DE's slid down inside in the gaps either inside or outside their OT's and walking their OLB's up just short of the LOS where they act essentially as OLB's/DE's. This makes their 3 man line a 5 man line and essentially a defense that is a 5-2-4.

And you know, you folks have to stop getting your dander up because someone throws out some facts about our team. You are right, Alabama is certainly not LSU at this point. But Nutt's record coaching against Saban is relevant, those are the two constants. You can say that you can't make comparisons over time because players rotate in and out of the teams every year, but the one common denominator are the two coaches. And please understand, I am not saying that Nutt and our team can't overcome what has occured in the past, they absolutely can and are capable of it. The question is, will they? It isn't like these historical stats were accumulated over 9 years by the same group of athletes......as you pointed out, the rosters change, but the stats were still acuumulated and the results are, what the results are.
Go Hogs Go!

Boarcephus

Quote from: bamamo on September 10, 2007, 02:28:27 am
the hogs would kill to have spurrier or saban. dumb post!

Hell, we'd kill for a lot less than that.  We'd consider killing for a blind choice behind door #3.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: RypTyde on September 09, 2007, 09:48:47 pm

man everyones does that.  Bama did the same the first game.  It helps to make a bowl even with a sorry year.  Good for recruiting to get some national attention.  Almost all teams like to have 1 or more cupcakes before playing a hard fought game to get out some kinks. Troy is one of the best patsies we could find.  LOL Auburn and Michigan love their patsies.

I realize that, but my response was to someone who apparently didn't recognize that everyone does that. The thing is, the time is coming that these "patsies" are becoming more dangerous. Your reference to that is good. Athletes going to smaller schools that are still good to great athletes but might be an inch or two shorter than what normal SEC standards call for and they get overlooked. Doesn't mean they can't play, they just don't fit the "SEC mold". I bet a lot of people will be more carefully picking their "patsy" games in the future.
Go Hogs Go!

Bvilleboar

Could not be more wrong if you tried.  SC is a much better team under Spurier.  They are a popular pick to win the East with some. 
2012 the year of the HOGS

AHSC412

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 09, 2007, 05:48:09 pm
To begin with, we all want the Hogs to win, me included. We ALL want that, so I don;t want to hear any b.s. about not being a "true fan". What I am going to give you is reality and records over the years based on actual stats.

Since 1998, when Alabama averages over 400 yards of total offense per game coming into the Arkansas game when we play at Alabama, Alabama is 2-0.

Since 1998, when Alabama averages over 380 yards of total offense per game coming into the Arkansas game when we play at Alabama, Alabama is 3-1.

Since 1998, when we play Alabama at Alabama, Alabama is 3-1.

This year, Alabama is averaging 473 yards of total offense per game coming into the Arkansas game which we play......in Alabama.

Nutt's all time record against Saban is 2-3. Nutt's all time record against Saban on Saban's home field is 0-2.

Our RB's are outstanding, theirs are average. Their O-Line is great, our O-Line is average(at this point). Their QB is very good, ours is below average. Their secondary is very good, ours is below average. Their D-Line is average, ours is average. Their LB's are excellent, ours are perhaps a little above average. Their WR's are average and ours are average. We both have great kickers. The key to this game is going to be( I know this sounds cliche'), whomever makes fewer mistakes, doesn't turn the ball over(Alabama is +1.00 and Arkansas is -1.00 to date this season) and controls the line of scrimmage. I'm sorry guys, I see Bama taking this one.......27-24.

Their D-Line is horrible, and lacks depth so they will be on the field for the majority of the game and be worn down badly. Their best Tackle broke his ankle and is done for the season. Their best linebacker is a True Freshman, so considering them "excellent" is laughable. Their linebackers are average at best. Their secondary is an irrelevance this game, and I don't think I need to mention why. Even if they have a good secondary, as little as we pass, any secondary will be lulled to sleep and will be vulnerable to the typical big play in the passing game we manage to break once or so a game.

Their running game is strong, but it relies on a speedster named Grant, he's a Frosh as well. He is not a very solid between the tackles runner. If we can keep containment on him we will be okay.

Their quarterback was good from last year, but has shown nothing to impress this year. Perhaps it is a good thing we have gotten them this early before they can get the timing back down, because DJ Hall and Brown have the potential to light us up.

You give them way too much credit.

This could very well come down to who has the ball last, and what they do with it. That and how our secondary plays.

Bvilleboar

I have said it on other post and I will say it again.  Our season hinges on this game.  We needed a total choke job by Bama'a kicker to beat them in our house last year.  They are a better team this year.  We have to go there and it is going to be a battle.  They are weak against the run and we run.  We are weak against the pass and they can throw.  Add in 80k+ in the stands for an SEC road game and it is going to be close.  Fewest mistakes wins.
2012 the year of the HOGS

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: AHSC412 on September 10, 2007, 06:45:49 am
To begin with, we all want the Hogs to win, me included. We ALL want that, so I don;t want to hear any b.s. about not being a "true fan". What I am going to give you is reality and records over the years based on actual stats.

Since 1998, when Alabama averages over 400 yards of total offense per game coming into the Arkansas game when we play at Alabama, Alabama is 2-0.

Since 1998, when Alabama averages over 380 yards of total offense per game coming into the Arkansas game when we play at Alabama, Alabama is 3-1.

This year, Alabama is averaging 473 yards of total offense per game coming into the Arkansas game which we play......in Alabama.

Nutt's all time record against Saban is 2-3. Nutt's all time record against Saban on Saban's home field is 0-2.

Our RB's are outstanding, theirs are average. Their O-Line is great, our O-Line is average(at this point). Their QB is very good, ours is below average. Their secondary is very good, ours is below average. Their D-Line is average, ours is average. Their LB's are excellent, ours are perhaps a little above average. Their WR's are average and ours are average. We both have great kickers. The key to this game is going to be( I know this sounds cliche'), whomever makes fewer mistakes, doesn't turn the ball over(Alabama is +1.00 and Arkansas is -1.00 to date this season) and controls the line of scrimmage. I'm sorry guys, I see Bama taking this one.......27-24.

Their D-Line is horrible, and lacks depth so they will be on the field for the majority of the game and be worn down badly. Their best Tackle broke his ankle and is done for the season. Their best linebacker is a True Freshman, so considering them "excellent" is laughable. Their linebackers are average at best. Their secondary is an irrelevance this game, and I don't think I need to mention why. Even if they have a good secondary, as little as we pass, any secondary will be lulled to sleep and will be vulnerable to the typical big play in the passing game we manage to break once or so a game.

Their running game is strong, but it relies on a speedster named Grant, he's a Frosh as well. He is not a very solid between the tackles runner. If we can keep containment on him we will be okay.

Their quarterback was good from last year, but has shown nothing to impress this year. Perhaps it is a good thing we have gotten them this early before they can get the timing back down, because DJ Hall and Brown have the potential to light us up.

This could very well come down to who has the ball last, and what they do with it. That and how our secondary plays.

It's interesting that you say that I have them "way over rated" and you feel we are so much better in so many areas and yet you still think that it will be close enough that it may come down to "who has the ball last".
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogfan@heart on September 09, 2007, 08:27:04 pm

You may be right about the final score, but I have a problem with the presentation of your argument. Last time i checked, our rbs with not play their rbs. Our o-line with not face their o-line. Their QB will not play our QB. And so on and so on.

This post reminds me of the ADG on game day when they compare two sides that will not face each other. I would rather see something like, our o-line vs their d-line. Our backs against their lbs and secondary.

Again, your final score may be right but I think that your argument presentation is flawed.

It is pretty obvious that our O-Line will not face their O-Line(duh!). If you want to compare the two, then do the work and compare them.
Go Hogs Go!

jasunf

All your facts prove nothing . This is a new season brother .

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jimmur74 on September 09, 2007, 08:22:16 pm
HATRED HATRED HATRED   IM SICK OF IT

"Hatred" and "Objectivity", look them up.....I think you will find there is a difference. This is not based in hatred, as you put it. Perhaps you didn't read the first line of the initial thread. We are all fans. Some of us prefer to look at things from an objective standpoint rather than just blindly being a homer. The one thing we both have in common is that we both want the Hogs to win. Is that a difficult concept to comprehend?
Go Hogs Go!

Michaelt

Quote from: jasunf on September 10, 2007, 07:05:02 am

Now I wouldn't say that they prove nothing; they are a good way to evaluate the possibilities of what could/might happen in the game on Saturday.

And yes I was proven incorrect in that McFadden and Jones played v. Bama last game at Tuscaloosa. I don't see any reason to jump on Muskogee because he offers his opinions and backs his opinion up with research. I think there are a number of people on this site that could/maybe should do the same for certain things.

Although I don't support his facts as means to predict the outcome of the game on Saturday, I still think kudo's are in order for his time spent in gathering them.

With that said, Saturday will be the time when the facts will be supported, or they'll be denounced.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

MuskogeeHogFan

Every season is a new season (brutha) and the facts and stats remain and they do have relevance. It is easy to just say "they don't matter". But then, that doesn't overcome fact. Your response is typical of those who have no facts to back up their opinions.
Go Hogs Go!

dman

Excellent analysis, even with all the facts I have to think we will win.  How?  I don't know, but we should win.  After watching the several Statue of Liberty plays this past weekend, I bet some where in Lee's play book there is a chapter devoted to the S of L.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Boarcephus on September 10, 2007, 06:33:43 am
Hell, we'd kill for a lot less than that.  We'd consider killing for a blind choice behind door #3.

That brought a smile to my face and made me chuckle...+1
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

parrishw

Quote from: Feralhog on September 09, 2007, 05:54:55 pm

I don't think it will be that close. 

I agree.

Landonhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 10, 2007, 07:20:00 am

Every season is a new season (brutha) and the facts and stats remain and they do have relevance. It is easy to just say "they don't matter". But then, that doesn't overcome fact. Your response is typical of those who have no facts to back up their opinions.

Not this year, at least for the Alabama game.  New coach, new OC, new DC, different schemes...  It just doesn't work.

Maybe if this was a game against Fulmer, Tubby, or even Croom; I could see SOME relevance...  Not for 2007 Bama.  Sorry. 

Good research, none the less...   :razorback:   

parrishw

Quote from: AHSC412 on September 10, 2007, 06:45:49 am

The secondary is only irrelevant against a non-passing offense. If they can move them up in to a 4 man rushing line with 4 linebackers for the majority of the time our running game will have a much tougher time.
They can give up the occasional  'big' passing play and still get containment on a ground game. No matter who is carrying the ball.

MysticHog

We will see my friends, as far as I'm concerened please keep on subject and keep the name calling out. We will win this Saturday by two TD's plus.  Saban is no miracle worker, he had great players at LSU, he didn't at Miami and he had one of the worst records in the league.  Also slick Nick will get tired of the Bama  good ole boys very fast and those cheers will turn to boos very fast once we are up on them.  He'll get out of town if he's able to get the money and I don't think all that cash is going to be enough for him to take the heat if he doesn't do well.

parrishw

This has got to win the award for 'Most Naive Post of the Year"

Unbelievable

Hogginitall

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on September 09, 2007, 10:27:50 pm

I think Saban is a very good (perhaps great) coach and will do outstanding things at Alabama.  But, if you compare his coaching ability and knowledge to our resident Text Master, he looks like Vince Lombardi reincarnate.  It would be the equivalent of Vince going head-to-head against Rick "Listen Mister" Scheffer.  If the talent level is even remotely close to Arkansas', we lose almost every time. 

Saban had a 3-2 record against Nutt during his tenure at one of the most talent-rich college football states/schools in the country.  Vince Lombardi, huh?

wholehog92

For the JPW bashers on here, I'd make the trade for the way he played vs the way CD has historically played.  For the guys pooooooing on the Nutt Vs Saban, I would feel better if both coaches were not on the sideline.  Their O line opened some holes and stayed fresh the whole game.  That being said, I think our team is better talent wise.  Our line (O and D) look better to me than their counterparts on Bama.  They have a proven performing WR and a new one stepping up.  We have MM coming off of injury someday.  Troy hung some points on our D.  This will come down to strategy inmho.  Saban has a passing advantage and Nutt has a running advantage.  Vegas has us down 3 at this point and I would take us and the points at this time.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Feralhog

September 10, 2007, 08:48:29 am #92 Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 08:52:31 am by Feralhog
Bama will load the line and blitz out of their skulls.  They'll get a couple of scores off turnovers and / or a short field that resulted in us punting from our endzone.  It will be a field postion battle in the first half with Bama playing most of the time in our end.  We'll keep it close for maybe two qtrs, then things will get ugly. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

MysticHog

Quote from: parrishw on September 10, 2007, 08:21:58 am

This has got to win the award for 'Most Naive Post of the Year"

Unbelievable

I love it when someone trys to cut down a post while not using any facts, or even opinion for that matter other than "unbelieveable".

That really shows a lot of knowledge right there, or lack there of.

That coach doesn't play, we have a great team this year, we have Houston Nutt for a coach.  That's fact.

MysticHog

Quote from: Hogginitall on September 10, 2007, 08:27:35 am

Saban had a 3-2 record against Nutt during his tenure at one of the most talent-rich college football states/schools in the country.  Vince Lombardi, huh?

I guess that guy never heard of the miracle on Markam,   LSU definetly had better talent that day, we had Matt Jones.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: MysticHog on September 10, 2007, 09:04:16 am

I guess that guy never heard of the miracle on Markam,   LSU definetly had better talent that day, we had Matt Jones.

Thanks for making my point MysticHog because it took a miracle for Arkansas to beat LSU.  Poor little Houston, he always does more with less.  Well, let's see just how little talent Arkansas had that day.
- Shawn Andrews
- Tony Bua
- Ahmad Carroll
- Cedric Cobbs
- Ken Hamlin
- Tarvaris Jackson (pay particular attention to this Mystic.  Tarvaris is now starting in the NFL but under Nutt's "coaching", he floundered.
- Matt Jones
- Sam Olajabatu
- Jason Peters
- Fred Tally

Houston Nutt - Doing Less With More!

EastexHawg

Spurrier is a combined 3-4 against Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida at South Carolina, and he has beaten every one of them once in just over two seasons after taking over a virtually decimated program. 

Remind me again...what is Nutt's record against those three programs?  How many wins does HDN have against Georgia and Florida combined?

cityhog

I am not confident about this game, HOWEVER...Tejada makes me feel a little better, but I still think Bummer wins a tight one. 31-27

MysticHog

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on September 10, 2007, 09:21:43 am
Quote from: MysticHog on September 10, 2007, 09:04:16 am

I guess that guy never heard of the miracle on Markam,   LSU definetly had better talent that day, we had Matt Jones.

Thanks for making my point MysticHog because it took a miracle for Arkansas to beat LSU.  Poor little Houston, he always does more with less.  Well, let's see just how little talent Arkansas had that day.
- Shawn Andrews
- Tony Bua
- Ahmad Carroll
- Cedric Cobbs
- Ken Hamlin
- Tarvaris Jackson (pay particular attention to this Mystic.  Tarvaris is now starting in the NFL but under Nutt's "coaching", he floundered.
- Matt Jones
- Sam Olajabatu
- Jason Peters
- Fred Tally

Houston Nutt - Doing Less With More!

Shows what you know my friend, Matt had a terrible day passing on that last drive Nutt was over telling Matt just how he wanted him to run the plays which ones to run and what to do.  Matt interrupted him and  simply said " Hey, don't worry I got it coach"  He went in and won the game.  We have a good record against slick Nick.  La is full of great football players, LSU should be great and they are. Not so with Bama.

huntindoc

In the long run, I think 'Bama will be a lot better because of Saban.  In the short term, I think they will be a bit better this year but not drastically so. Coaches don't get to suit up.

hd