Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where did all the Troy vs FL talk go?

Started by missippihog, September 09, 2007, 02:18:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

missippihog

Seems to me that many on here were boasting of how we would see how bad the hogs really were when FL blew out Troy. If not for a token TD at the end of the game, FL beats Troy by 1 point more than the hogs. I don't think we are a bad team like some on here would have us believe. What say you?

PMP11

49-7 at half pretty much tells me all I need to know.  Florida: 7 possessions 7 TD's

Bomis Hawg

Its all relative.
31 points.  26 points.

Would you rather give up points early or late?

FootballHog

Quote from: PMP11 on September 09, 2007, 02:20:35 pm
49-7 at half pretty much tells me all I need to know.  Florida: 7 possessions 7 TD's

And Troy made a halftime adjustment and outscored Florida 24-10 in the 2nd half.

missippihog

Aren't all football games played for 4 quarters?

FootballHog

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on September 09, 2007, 02:21:40 pm
Its all relative.
31 points.  26 points.

To tell the truth, I don't think we learned anything from this game.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: missippihog on September 09, 2007, 02:18:22 pm
Seems to me that many on here were boasting of how we would see how bad the hogs really were when FL blew out Troy. If not for a token TD at the end of the game, FL beats Troy by 1 point more than the hogs. I don't think we are a bad team like some on here would have us believe. What say you?

we don't have a bad team at all.

In fact we might have the most speed in the SEC.

We just have crappy coaches. We have crappy offensive coaches that don't have a dad gum clue when it comes to putting together balanced offenses to go with our all world running game.

colbs

I listened to fox radio last night at the florida game and he said the same thing we said after the game, Our secondary looks horrible.  So I think we will be alright.

Landonhog

Quote from: FootballHog on September 09, 2007, 02:22:25 pm
Its all relative.
31 points.  26 points.

It's pointless to try and compare...

Florida did have to put their starters back in the game, late in the second half...  Troy will win the Sunbelt again, and there's no reason to belittle the Trojans by comparing margins of victory...

missippihog

Quote from: colbs on September 09, 2007, 02:23:17 pm
I listened to fox radio last night at the florida game and he said the same thing we said after the game, Our secondary looks horrible.  So I think we will be alright.

Secondary always seems to make the most progress during the season to me. I guess it just takes some time to get back up to speed and get coverage right.

Bomis Hawg

Troy @ Arkansas State on Oct. 27th will be interesting.

COCHISE

Quote from: FootballHog on September 09, 2007, 02:22:25 pm
Its all relative.
31 points.  26 points.

Neither do I, both teams did just enough to get the win, neither AR or Fla. showed all their offense against Troy.

missippihog

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on September 09, 2007, 02:26:20 pm

Should be a good game. Wish we could have seen the AState Mem game last night.

COCHISE

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on September 09, 2007, 02:26:20 pm
lol...especially if Ar. St. wins 50-7

The real Hogules

September 09, 2007, 02:37:10 pm #14 Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 02:38:54 pm by The real Hogules
Quote from: FootballHog on September 09, 2007, 02:21:46 pm

And Troy made a halftime adjustment and outscored Florida 24-10 in the 2nd half.

Are you really that ignorant as to what transpired, or are you just such a Razorbacks homer (Simpson) that you aren't aware that the Gators played their 2nd AND 3rd teamers most (if not the entire) second half???

Nuttless, on the other hand played his starters (on BOTH sides of the ball) for almost the entire game.

Comparing Arkansas to Florida this year is beyond silly!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hair of the hog

Yeah but sometimes they are played with 2nd team offense and defense players

Quote from: missippihog on September 09, 2007, 02:21:47 pm

Go sell crazy somewhere else , we are all stocked up around here

COCHISE

Quote from: The real Hogules on September 09, 2007, 02:37:10 pm

Are you really that ignorant as to what transpired, or are you just such a Razorbacks homer (Simpson) that you aren't aware that the Gators played their 2nd AND 3rd teamers most (if not the entire) second half???

Nuttless, on the other hand played his starters (on BOTH sides of the ball) for almost the entire game.

Wrong.  Tim Tebow scored on a 16 yard td run in the 4th quarter, Troy was not playing the 2nd & 3rd teamers until late in the 4th quarter.

tailgate

Are you really that ignorant as to what transpired, or you just such a Razorbacks homer (Simpson) that you aren't aware that the Gators played their 2nd AND 3rd teamers most (if not the entire) second half???

Not that it matters but the Florida starters were until late in the fourth quarter. This was confirmed last night and led to the demise of the threads discussing score comparisons.

Corganist

The way I understand it, Florida's starters were in there just as long, if not longer than ours were. I'm not sure why people think their second and third teamers were in the game. I know their offensive starters were in there until well into the fourth quarter. It doesn't make sense to me that they'd have guys like Tebow and Harvin out there in the third and fourth quarter, but send out their second or third team defense, especially since defense is one of the areas Florida needs to work on.

FootballHog

You are the one that was obviously unaware that Florida played their starters until LATE in the 4th Quarter.

Nice try though. Spin spin spin.

PMP11

Quote from: 870 RZR on September 09, 2007, 02:42:14 pm

Wrong.  Tim Tebow scored on a 16 yard td run in the 4th quarter, Troy was not playing the 2nd & 3rd teamers until late in the 4th quarter.

I'm sure after going into the half up 49-7, Meyer continued to scheme, make adjustments, and fire up the Gators to continue that same onslaught for the second half.  There was no drop off of intensity or level of play from the gators, they wanted to score 100.

You and mississippi take what you will from this game and I'll take what I believe to be worthy from the game.  I, however, can be objective and see college football with out nutt covered lenses.

COCHISE

Quote from: PMP11 on September 09, 2007, 02:54:44 pm

I'm sure after going into the half up 49-7, Meyer continued to scheme, make adjustments, and fire up the Gators to continue that same onslaught for the second half.  There was no drop off of intensity or level of play from the gators, they wanted to score 100.

You and mississippi take what you will from this game and I'll take what I believe to be worthy from the game.  I, however, can be objective and see college football with out nutt covered lenses.
I'm not taking anything from the game, I'm stating a fact, Hogules incorrectly stated that Florida played their 2nd and 3rd teamers which is not true.  Florida's starters were in until late in the 4th, I know that pi$$es some of you off but it's the truth.

LA Football fan

Tell me again, at what point was Troy within a touchdown of taking the lead after the 1st quarter.  Florida had complete control of the game, the entire game.  There was never any doubt who was going to win the game.  There was plenty of doubt about the Hogs winning until the 4th quarter.  Arkansas finally took control of the game but not nearly as early as they should have.   Alabama will have a lot better athletes up front than Troy and it will not be so easy to just line up and run at them.  If our passing game does not improve drastically, it will be a long day in Tuscaloosa.  We will not have the luxury of relying solely on the running game to win. 

PrepareforGlory

Not true, Florida's #1 offense never left the field.

jabohog

Yeah, the adjustment is called playing against the scrubs. Ofcoarse in Floridas case, that is still some pretty good talent. 49-7 at half, don't be a dummy.

phoggy

Quote from: tailgate on September 09, 2007, 02:44:00 pm

Are you really that ignorant as to what transpired, or you just such a Razorbacks homer (Simpson) that you aren't aware that the Gators played their 2nd AND 3rd teamers most (if not the entire) second half???

Not that it matters but the Florida starters were until late in the fourth quarter. This was confirmed last night and led to the demise of the threads discussing score comparisons.

That's the funniest thing I've read all day.
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: jabohog on September 09, 2007, 04:28:27 pm

Yeah, the adjustment is called playing against the scrubs. Ofcoarse in Floridas case, that is still some pretty good talent. 49-7 at half, don't be a dummy.
Have you read the thread at all?  The Florida's first team played well into the 4th quarter.

Little Billy Jr.

Finally post in this thread that makes sense.  You get up on a team 49-7 at the half what in the hell are you supposed to do come out of the locker room fired up and pissed off ?
Arkansas-Troy and Florida-Troy were two completely different  football games. Anybody who can't see that has never been on a football field of if they were they didn't know what in the hell was going on.

phoggy

So Troy didn't get beat, they just ran out of time. :)
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

PrepareforGlory

Troy did make halftime adjustments that changed the second half (should have made them much earlier). Florida used a drag route throughout the first half. Troy shut it down in the second half. They also got a ton of pressure on Tebow due to shutting down the open route and by keep containment and/or getting into the backfield. He wasn't as successful with his option run in the second half. Troy basically stopped it but couldn't always keep containment on him on a busted passing play. Troy's second half defense started putting tremendously hard hits on Florida which led to some turnovers.

Honestly, Florida looked as scared and beat down in the second half as Troy looked to start the game. Between Troy's defense waking up and Troy's offense keeping Florida confused, the game totally flip-flopped from half to half.

Not sure if you understand how that many points were put up by Florida at the half- Troy had two blocked punts, shanked another, gave two turnovers, and allowed two big returns. Florida's average starting field position was inside the Troy 40.

I would be nervous as a Florida fan with Meyer keeping Tebow on the field all game.

RypTyde

This game was encouraging.  Think the hogs could win the east this year.  Go hogs. 
Arkansas convert.  From Gator and Gamecock to hogwild.

hogman64

sure but if the Hogs had been ahead 49-7 at half instead of Florida I am sure the point would have been made many times on here that when that happens there is naturally going to be a let down in the second half...........

I think two things.....

Comparing scores doesnt necessarily mean a whole lot...

Florida's win was the more impressive win because of their  first half dominance.

Killean

The Haters, much like the Huggers ignore anything that doesn't support their own position.

Lost in the Mix, the Razorbacks.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

jabohog

Quote from: PrepareforGlory on September 09, 2007, 04:48:08 pm

Troy did make halftime adjustments that changed the second half (should have made them much earlier). Florida used a drag route throughout the first half. Troy shut it down in the second half. They also got a ton of pressure on Tebow due to shutting down the open route and by keep containment and/or getting into the backfield. He wasn't as successful with his option run in the second half. Troy basically stopped it but couldn't always keep containment on him on a busted passing play. Troy's second half defense started putting tremendously hard hits on Florida which led to some turnovers.

Honestly, Florida looked as scared and beat down in the second half as Troy looked to start the game. Between Troy's defense waking up and Troy's offense keeping Florida confused, the game totally flip-flopped from half to half.

Not sure if you understand how that many points were put up by Florida at the half- Troy had two blocked punts, shanked another, gave two turnovers, and allowed two big returns. Florida's average starting field position was inside the Troy 40.

I would be nervous as a Florida fan with Meyer keeping Tebow on the field all game.

Point taken on the offensive side of the ball.
Defensively, Florida is young at most postions. Still they have the talent to sub in games like this. Though an overall look at the defense at any given time looks like the starters, varing postions are subbed to give experience. Meyer, Saban, etc. that have the fertile recruiting fields can do this. It gives them quality depth down the road.

jimmur74

Sorry BUD!! your Wrong... Florida played their 1st deep into the 4th . I watched the whole game!

Killean

Florida 1st teamers gave up 31 points.

Arkansas 1st teamers gave up 20 points.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Biggus Piggus

Troy-Florida ought to make people feel a little better about the Hogs.  Kinda sucks we couldn't move the ball like the Gators did, though.
[CENSORED]!

Killean

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 09, 2007, 05:57:44 pm
Troy-Florida ought to make people feel a little better about the Hogs.  Kinda sucks we couldn't move the ball like the Gators did, though.

That's actually a bit misleading.  We had similar yardage amounts, we just settled for field goals a few times.  We also didn't have Marcus Monk.

Table Rocker

it was gone, until you started a brand new thread about it, thanks.

OKhogfan1959

I think we're a lot closer to Florida in talent than most most on here believe.

Last time I witnessed us playing them we were very comparable and if not for a bad special teams play and a crazy 4th down conversion we would have won that game. I mean look back at that game and Urban Myer going for that 4th down and very long was a crazy chance to take.

gomersnerd

Quote from: PrepareforGlory on September 09, 2007, 04:07:53 pm

Not true, Florida's #1 offense never left the field.

really? You would have thought they would get called for several "Too many men on the field" penalties.
It's time to burn a lower case "t" in his yard to tell him "It's time for you to go".

camden5r

Quote from: Killean on September 09, 2007, 05:18:23 pm
The Haters, much like the Huggers ignore anything that doesn't support their own position.

VERY TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

combsj

Its all relative.
31 points.  26 points.

Late...b/c that would mean they were doing it against the second teamers.

missippihog

Quote from: Table Rocker on September 09, 2007, 06:06:31 pm

it was gone, until you started a brand new thread about it, thanks.

Yea, lets hide anything good in the background and make the team seem as bad as we can. No thanks. GO HOGS!

SquirrelMasterFunk

No just the ones you watch.
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

missippihog

Quote from: cbad on September 09, 2007, 09:33:54 pm

No just the ones you watch.

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion. It reflects greatly on you.

Killean

Quote from: combsj on September 09, 2007, 07:45:49 pm
Its all relative.
31 points.  26 points.

Late...b/c that would mean they were doing it against the second teamers.

Except Florida's 2nd teamers didn't get in until after Troy had scored 31.

Rev. Hog Fan

Quote from: blunthog on September 09, 2007, 07:45:00 pm
Quote from: Killean on September 09, 2007, 05:18:23 pm

VERY TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoooaaaah!  Fight groupthink and the fools who propagate it!  Most loudmouths on this board only comment on the threads that substantiate their already held positions.  It's the same reason why Al Franken and Ann Coulter are bestsellers.  The truth is somewhere in the middle--as boring as that may be.

Rev. Hog Fan

Notice the relatively even "karma points" on the author of this ignorant comment, versus people who make well reasoned and informed comments who happen to disrupt the party line.  Hogville=groupthink  Recommend another board to me and I'll go there.  Adios!

jamie72921

The score was 35-7 at the half and ballooned to 42-7 at one point.

How do you get that it mirrored the Hog game where the score was much closer at the half?
Bless your heart