Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AUBURN GOES DOWN! AUBURN GOES DOWN!

Started by whitecohogg, September 08, 2007, 11:53:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whitecohogg

I usually pull for the SEC but I love seeing Tommy Boy get beat!!

Hugulus Hog

I usually like to see Tommy call a presser to cry about how Auburn isn't in national title contention with their sterling record and proceed to get blown out in the very next game.

razorbackmkh

I'm like you, I always pull for the SEC. That being said, I have an affinity for USF (the fact that they compete with Miami, FSU and Florida for their states recruits) and love what they've done as a program. Lets just hope they don't do the same with their basketball program, we'll have mucho crow to eat. I will say Auburn was extremely classy, even the fans. It may have been the shock however, lol.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

phadedhawg

Quote from: razorbackmkh on September 08, 2007, 11:56:25 pm
I'm like you, I always pull for the SEC. That being said, I have an affinity for USF (the fact that they compete with Miami, FSU and Florida for their states recruits) and love what they've done as a program. Lets just hope they don't do the same with their basketball program, we'll have mucho crow to eat. I will say Auburn was extremely classy, even the fans. It may have been the shock however, lol.

yeah Auburn's fans looked real classy when throwing their red pom-poms at the USF players after that TD lol..

I'm like you however in saying USF has done a wonderful job in building that program...

I'll root for them for sure

Calling All Hogs

What was up with Tommy letting the clock run down at the end before overtime? Bet he catches hell for that call!

sozo

yeah Auburn's fans looked real classy when throwing their red pom-poms at the USF players after that TD lol..

Yeah,I seen that also.

FootballHog

Auburn sucks this year. Been saying it all summer.

7-5

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: whitecohogg on September 08, 2007, 11:53:04 pm

It's going to be GREAT when they kill us in Fayetteville after losing this game.  It's going to show how terrible we are and how far we have fallen since last year.  At least Tommy's a much better coach than Dale!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

FootballHog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on September 09, 2007, 12:21:30 am

It's going to be GREAT when they kill us in Fayetteville after losing this game.  It's going to show how terrible we are and how far we have fallen since last year.  At least Tommy's a much better coach than Dale!

Doesn't Nutt have a winning record against Tubby?

L.A.

~you're ridiculous~

NuttinItUp

We were hurt by Auburn losing tonight. No matter how you look at it.

FootballHog

Quote from: lower_arkansas on September 09, 2007, 12:26:31 am

~you're ridiculous~

Don't worry, he predicts us to lose every game. He isn't being ridiculous, he is just being himself.

FootballHog

RazorsEdge

Quote from: FootballHog on September 09, 2007, 12:25:25 am

Doesn't Nutt have a winning record against Tubby?
Nutt is 4-4 since Tuberville has been at Auburn.

RazorsEdge

Quote from: FootballHog on September 09, 2007, 12:28:28 am
Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 09, 2007, 12:27:27 am

Explain.
It should be pretty easy to understand.  A non-con loss by Auburn does nothing to help us win the conference, but it hurts Auburn's stock nationally.  If we beat them, it's "Big deal, USF beat them too."  If we lose to them, we lose to a team that couldn't beat USF at home.

NuttinItUp

Explain.
Auburn is in the SEC. Anytime an SEC team loses, it hurts our SOS. (moreso with Auburn because we face them) Also, there is the whole weakening of the conference argument. In any event, there is no scenario I can think of that has Auburn losing which helps us.

In general, you want teams you face to win every game except the game they face you. Moreso with teams in your own conference.

hirebutchdavis

ROLL TIDE.  HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE POPCORN AND COKE DALE.  ITS GOING TO BE A LONG DAY FOR YOU NEXT WEEK.  LOYD CARR COMES TO MIND OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: CallMeHog on September 09, 2007, 12:02:21 am
What was up with Tommy letting the clock run down at the end before overtime? Bet he catches hell for that call!

I agree. While I have never been a huge fan (i.e.,fire HDN, hire TT) I respected him as a coach. No longer. He lost that game. They had, what, 30 seconds or more left? 2 timeouts. He letem all go? I DO NOT want him as coach. The Auburn fan were right to boo his ass.

While I sympathize with your dislike of HDN (and agree), I actually think this means we have a BETTER chance to beat them.   
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

monticello_hog

Styflin

Puts a new perspective on the Troy game

fdx flyer

Auburn deserved to lose that game.  Way too many turnovers.  I think Brandon Cox is the most over-rated and easily one of the worst QBs in the SEC.  He looks great 10% of the time.  The other 90% he's terrible.  He's immobile and easily sacked.  He's been sacked so much, now he's gunshy.  He also eyes down his receiver  and throws into coverage all the time.  Those good USF DBs were all over him tonight.  I can't believe Kodi Burns hasn't seen the field yet.  Auburn's O-line isn't helping the cause much either.  I predict the Hogs will wallop them again this year.  They've got some talent, but Auburn just isn't gonna be strong this year.

I thought they might escape with an undeserved victory after the USF coach kept trying for field goals, especially on their last posession in regulation.  Seemed like he was playing nutty ball - not to lose.  Then Tubby did it himself by playing for OT.

au grad '93

BigDPiggie

USF did less with the turnovers than any team I've ever seen and still managed to pull out a win. Auburn appears to be allergic to leather balls and the SEC teams sure have a lot of good film to study.
It's Festivus... for the rest of us!

hawgsav1

Yeah, I'm a little surprised at this Auburn team.  Tuberville is normally a good coach (though he sometimes has a tendency to get caught by lower ranked teams, esp. when Auburn is on the lower edges of the top 25, think Fred Talley's senior year).  I thought they would be better than they are.  I know they lost 4 linemen on offense, but Lee Ziemba went in and I didn't think that line was gonna be that bad.  But honestly, they looked bad in both of their games.  I wouldn't be surprised at a 8-4 or 7-5 season for them.  I thought the SEC West was gonna be in this order:

LSU
Auburn
Arkansas
Bama
MSU
Ole Piss

But now I think it's

LSU (looking very good)
Arkansas or Bama toss up (I'm leaning Bama but they really haven't played anyone that impressive)
Auburn
Ole Piss
MSU

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

BigDPiggie

Quote from: hawgsav1 on September 09, 2007, 04:19:10 am
Yeah, I'm a little surprised at this Auburn team.  Tuberville is normally a good coach (though he sometimes has a tendency to get caught by lower ranked teams, esp. when Auburn is on the lower edges of the top 25, think Fred Talley's senior year).  I thought they would be better than they are.  I know they lost 4 linemen on offense, but Lee Ziemba went in and I didn't think that line was gonna be that bad.  But honestly, they looked bad in both of their games.  I wouldn't be surprised at a 8-4 or 7-5 season for them.  I thought the SEC West was gonna be in this order:

LSU
Auburn
Arkansas
Bama
MSU
Ole Piss

But now I think it's

LSU (looking very good)
Arkansas or Bama toss up (I'm leaning Bama but they really haven't played anyone that impressive)
Auburn
Ole Piss
MSU

I think Ole Miss and MSU are a toss up at this point as well. Granted, MSU got destroyed by LSU (most teams will this year), but Ole Miss barely beat Memphis and lost to Mizzou and MSU handled Tulane well. I haven't seen enough of either to make a call either way (I know both will struggle, it's just a matter of degrees) but all the suddent MSU looks a little better than their LSU game and Ole Miss looks like it might be in for a long year.
It's Festivus... for the rest of us!

hawgsav1

Quote from: BigDPiggie on September 09, 2007, 04:30:30 am
Quote from: hawgsav1 on September 09, 2007, 04:19:10 am

LSU
Auburn
Arkansas
Bama
MSU
Ole Piss

But now I think it's

LSU (looking very good)
Auburn
Ole Piss
MSU

I think Ole Miss and MSU are a toss up at this point as well. Granted, MSU got destroyed by LSU (most teams will this year), but Ole Miss barely beat Memphis and lost to Mizzou and MSU handled Tulane well. I haven't seen enough of either to make a call either way (I know both will struggle, it's just a matter of degrees) but all the suddent MSU looks a little better than their LSU game and Ole Miss looks like it might be in for a long year.

Actually, I agree with you, I meant to put MSU ahead of Ole Miss, but I made a typo there. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

jchill

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 09, 2007, 12:33:46 am

Explain.
Auburn is in the SEC. Anytime an SEC team loses, it hurts our SOS. (moreso with Auburn because we face them) Also, there is the whole weakening of the conference argument. In any event, there is no scenario I can think of that has Auburn losing which helps us.

In general, you want teams you face to win every game except the game they face you. Moreso with teams in your own conference.

USF is a good team. Their program has come a long way since we pounded them years ago. They beat West Virginia and another big time conference foe, so they are legitimate. I believe with their location in Tampa and the amount of talent produced by Florida every year, this program will continue to rise, they will not be a UCF (Central Florida). USF is very commited to their athletic program.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hirebutchdavis on September 09, 2007, 12:40:13 am
ROLL TIDE.  HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE POPCORN AND COKE DALE.  ITS GOING TO BE A LONG DAY FOR YOU NEXT WEEK.  LOYD CARR COMES TO MIND OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS.

Umm didn't Butch Davis just get a beatdown from Eastern Carolina University?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Dirty

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hogfanwithms on September 09, 2007, 08:36:11 am
BD will be our next coach.

Probably will do fine as a Arkansas Coach as long as he doesn't schedule any ECU Pirates or any other teams from the power house that is Conference USA
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

mbgrulz

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 09, 2007, 08:49:33 am
Quote from: hogfanwithms on September 09, 2007, 08:36:11 am
BD will be our next coach.

Probably will do fine as a Arkansas Coach as long as he doesn't schedule any ECU Pirates or any other teams from the power house that is Conference USA
i think he just lost a lot of credibility with that loss. i know i don't see him in the same way. we have gotta find a better option. a younger guy who is a great offensive or defensive mind and well connected recruiting wise.

Slacker

What are you? Nostradamus?

HognotinMemphis

It would have been better for the Hogs to beat an Auburn team that had NOT lost to South Fla.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

NWASooner

Auburn should have lost last week and should have lost worse this week.  Auburn fumbled three times in their own territory and USF only had three missed FG's to show for it.

Auburn's offense is awful.  USF is underrated but Auburn's offense has been very average for two years now.

keithf

I think Troy and UCF are similar.  We are slightly better than Auburn.

I recall the haters saying that we could have had Tubberville instead of Nutt.  I am not sure I want him now. 

Hugulus Hog

And by the way, Auburn should have lost to Kansas St. last week too.  Kansas St beat the tar out of Auburn for 50 minutes of that game and then laid an egg right at the end.

RazorsEdge

Quote from: keithf on September 09, 2007, 10:25:22 am
I think Troy and UCF are similar.  We are slightly better than Auburn.

I recall the haters saying that we could have had Tubberville instead of Nutt.  I am not sure I want him now. 
How would you compare Troy to say....USF?

The Hawg Marshal

I never wanted Tuberville. I don't think he is any better than Nutt. I think we need a new coach but not TT.

PowderedToastMan

Quote from: RazorsEdge on September 09, 2007, 12:32:42 am

Explain.
It should be pretty easy to understand.  A non-con loss by Auburn does nothing to help us win the conference, but it hurts Auburn's stock nationally.  If we beat them, it's "Big deal, USF beat them too."  If we lose to them, we lose to a team that couldn't beat USF at home.

If Ark beats Auburn, its a conference win for Ark and a conference loss for Auburn.  Pretty cut and dry.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

RazorsEdge

Quote from: MuleriderFan on September 09, 2007, 10:33:28 am
Quote from: RazorsEdge on September 09, 2007, 12:32:42 am

Explain.

If Ark beats Auburn, its a conference win for Ark and a conference loss for Auburn.  Pretty cut and dry.
That is true, cut and dried.  I guess you only care about the conference and not the polls.  That's OK too.

XXL TideFan

Barners have been "going down" for years.

redbarn

Tubberville blew the game, plain and simple.  At the end of regulation, I can't understand why he didn't use the clock and his timeouts to get into field goal range to win the game.  Plus, in the overtime I don't understand the field goal when the other team is going to get the ball.  A field goal is ok in OT to win, but not if the other team has a chance for a TD.  On the other side of the coin, if USF had a kicker the game would have not been close.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

Dirty

sihog

[/quote:
how about go find another board.
GO HOGS GO