Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All "Arkansas is going to lose to Bama" posts go HERE [merged threads]

Started by batmanfan, September 08, 2007, 03:23:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

'Bama is gonna take a nice, big ole doo doo on Dale and his Hogs next week.

Terry Grant is showing flashes of a young Felix Jones, they have a nice QB in JPDudya, ad the O-line is one of the best in the SEC.

Lets not forget about the D, as Saban has totally revamped it from last season.  Rolondo McClain may be the best freshman defensive player in the country.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bama waste away on the hogs by a good 20-30 next week.

Bank on it, it will be my big prediction of the week this week on my local radio show.

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

HogFanInBigD

wow. some BIG TIME crow might be served up next week. we will see. go hogs.
Callin Woo Pig From Big D!

pignosticator

Quote from: batmanfan on September 08, 2007, 03:23:08 pm

Terry Grant is showing flashes of a young Felix Jones, they have a nice QB in JPDudya, ad the O-line is one of the best in the SEC.

cah-cah

Lets not forget about the D, as Saban has totally revamped it from last season.  Rolondo McClain may be the best freshman defensive player in the country.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bama waste away on the hogs by a good 20-30 next week.

Bank on it, it will be my big prediction of the week this week on my local radio show.

BAT
Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football.

— John Heisman (1869–1936), legendary football coach for whom the Heisman Trophy is named

jkstock04

I'm so sick and tired of hearing the talking heads/huggers (or anybody else) downplay the importance of a good or great football coach.  Seems like all I'm hearing about Alabama is "just because they have Saban isn't gonna make them good this year...Saban is way overrated...he was a loser in the NFL, Bama won't be any better than they were last year....Alabama fans have made him a God and they are stupid and insane for it."  I'm honestly sick of hearing it....people saying these things are jealous, nothing more, nothing less. 

Having a coach of this caliber goes a LONG way in my mind.  It can do nothing but help in recruiting, and I guarantee he knows X's and O's better than our current coach.  With all that said....whats gonna be the excuse when we lose next week?  I see no way we can go into their house and beat them this next weekend.  We have no proven QB, and our defense is still questionable.  If they shut down our run, then the game's over...even Huggers can't argue with that.

Make no mistake, I'll cheer the Hogs on all game long....and if we win I'll come on here and HAPPILY admit I was wrong.  But, from what I witnessed last weekend at the Troy game, I see no way we win this game.  And, I'm really curious what those people saying these things about Alabama/Nick Saban are gonna say after it goes down.  What will be the excuse?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

The real Hogules

I too think that Bama/Saban will rip us a new one next weekend.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

U.P. HOGG

AFWarrior83

I'm sure the BAMA fans are already thinking BCS NC after 2-0 ha-ha.  I hope we go there next week and rip their hearts out! 
Hogville member since 2005.

HawgPilot

Quote from: The real Hogules on September 08, 2007, 03:31:23 pm

Did you watch the game today??  We will beat the Tide and it shouldn't even be that close.

HogFanInBigD

DMAC for 180 and 2 scores as the hogs beat the tide.

yraciv

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 08, 2007, 03:29:22 pm
I'm so sick and tired of hearing the talking heads/huggers (or anybody else) downplay the importance of a good or great football coach.  Seems like all I'm hearing about Alabama is "just because they have Saban isn't gonna make them good this year...Saban is way overrated...he was a loser in the NFL, Bama won't be any better than they were last year....Alabama fans have made him a God and they are stupid and insane for it."  I'm honestly sick of hearing it....people saying these things are jealous, nothing more, nothing less. 

Having a coach of this caliber goes a LONG way in my mind.  It can do nothing but help in recruiting, and I guarantee he knows X's and O's better than our current coach.  With all that said....whats gonna be the excuse when we lose next week?  I see no way we can go into their house and beat them this next weekend.  We have no proven QB, and our defense is still questionable.  If they shut down our run, then the game's over...even Huggers can't argue with that.

Make no mistake, I'll cheer the Hogs on all game long....and if we win I'll come on here and HAPPILY admit I was wrong.  But, from what I witnessed last weekend at the Troy game, I see no way we win this game.  And, I'm really curious what those people saying these things about Alabama/Nick Saban are gonna say after it goes down.  What will be the excuse?

We lost to USC by 36, we beat UTAH STATE by 20 last year, and we went to the SEC championship.  We beat Troy by 20; who is actually a bowl team, not a bad DIAA.  I know you can't compare seasons, but we looked like crap early last year and had a decent season.  I think we'll be alright.  Bama still has Tiffin, so I think we're okay.  If we do lose though; I'll blame it on the fact we only completed two passes to a receiver.

gohogs

they need to shore up their rush defense though. I think it will be a good game

The real Hogules

Quote from: HawgPilot on September 08, 2007, 03:33:23 pm

Did you watch the game today??  We will beat the Tide and it shouldn't even be that close.

Yes, I watched the game and KNOW that we have no one that can complete a pass (except for McFadden) and Bama will stack the L.O.S. and make gaining first downs on the ground awfully tough for the Hogs.
Bama has a balanced offense and a decent defense, they will prevail over Nutt and his "pro style" offense.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Tusks

You think that the hogs will complete 2 passes to the WRs....that's crazy talk.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HogFanInBigD

Quote from: The real Hogules on September 08, 2007, 03:38:09 pm

Yes, I watched the game and KNOW that we have no one that can complete a pass (except for McFadden) and Bama will stack the L.O.S. and make gaining first downs on the ground awfully tough for the Hogs.
Bama has a balanced offense and a decent defense, they will prevail over Nutt and his "pro style" offense.
when teams stack the line, it just means dmac will break free after 5 yards instead of 10. go hogs.

yraciv

You know this after a win over Vanderbilt lmao.  The Tide still don't have a good run defense!  I think it will be close, but a Bama blowout is ridiculous.

yraciv

Quote from: nutted on September 08, 2007, 03:40:04 pm
You think that the hogs will complete 2 passes to the WRs....that's crazy talk.

I think we'll get more this game, but what was it 1 last week.

PIGINAPOKE

Quote from: HogFanInBigD on September 08, 2007, 03:24:42 pm
wow. some BIG TIME crow might be served up next week. we will see. go hogs.

Nobody will eat any...
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Bama showed that if we play up to our potential that we should win with no problem.  That's not saying we will.  When you put Nutt up against Saban anything could happen.  And if Houston fricks up and does lose the game, no excuse should be accepted.  No it's tough to win on the road hugger bs.  No Well he was going against Saban BS.  No you can't win them all in the SEC.  Our offensive geniuses have an extra to prepare as well.  This should be an Arkansas win. No GD Excuses!
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

El Puerco Grande

If you think Bama looked good today you don't know a lot about football. Vandy's QB was hurt early in the game, and struggled all game. If he had been healthy it would have been a much closer contest. One thing you CAN take to the bank is Grant won't rush for 175 on the hogs. Our defense is better, our offense is MUCH better, and although I won't guarantee a win, I will guarantee Bama doesn't "take a big ole doo doo" on us next week.
How 'bout them hogs?

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!

FootballHog

September 08, 2007, 03:50:42 pm #20 Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 03:52:14 pm by FootballHog
If you actually watched the game today, you would realize that Bama has been overrated because of Saban. The fans have treated Saban like a god(he basically got raped by a lady at the airport), and I don't see Bama improving much this season. This has nothing to do with being a "hugger", its reality. A good coach can't turn around a bad football program(this decade) into a title contender overnight. Im sorry if you actually believe that.

After watching the game today, I believe we can run the ball at will against Bama. Their secondary looks scary good though, as does their RB Grant. I see a close game..with the hogs winning by 7.

Did you think we would go to the SECCG after the USC game last year? You can't judge the season after 1 game.

BradyHolzhauer

We haven't played the game yet.  If we win, what will be your excuse?

HogPsych

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 08, 2007, 03:29:22 pm

It's early, you haters give up too easy.  We're saving our real passing game for Auburn.  Why would we pass with McFadden back there?  Nutt will blame Dick.  Dont know why he's not progressing?????????  HHmmmm, maybe the same reason NO QB has under you?

Oliver

jkstock04

Quote from: BradyHolzhauer on September 08, 2007, 03:52:29 pm
I won't have an excuse, I'll admit I was wrong.  But I don't see that happening after witnessing us in action last weekend.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

phoggy

Teams have been stacking the line for quite some time now. It really hasn't mattered yet. If DMAC doesn't run for 175 then Felix will. And Dmac will have 125.  40-28 Hogs.
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

FootballHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 08, 2007, 03:54:16 pm
I won't have an excuse, I'll admit I was wrong.  But I don't see that happening after witnessing us in action last weekend.

And after watching the Vandy game, you think Bama will win?

BradyHolzhauer

We played a bad zone defense.  Herring claims he scrapped it, didn't he?  We came back with a pretty good man defense and we dominated the second half.  Plus, Marcus Harrison is back, and 'Bama doesn't run a dang spread offense.  I like our chances.

pimpndistress

What !!!  It will be CLOSE we cant PASS hello, they will stop the run but we should WIN but by 3 bet on it
:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

FootballHog

Quote from: BradyHolzhauer on September 08, 2007, 03:59:05 pm
We played a bad zone defense.  Herring claims he scrapped it, didn't he?  We came back with a pretty good man defense and we dominated the second half.  Plus, Marcus Harrison is back, and 'Bama doesn't run a dang spread offense.  I like our chances.

Shh....dont use logic! It only confuses the "realists".

BradyHolzhauer

Haha...we can all at least agree that we hate 'Bama and Nick Saban

jkstock04

Quote from: FootballHog on September 08, 2007, 03:56:21 pm

Yes I do.  I value good coaching a lot more than folks like yourself.  I ultimatley see this as Nutt vs. Saban at Alabama.  Let me ask you this...what are we gonna do when they stack the line of scrimmage?  The simple screen passes and 3 yard dumps to the flats/sidelines to Peyton Hillis won't win this game for us.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

mossfan33

If we can stop those screen passes that Saban's LSU teams used to kill us with we will be fine..... They can't contain #5....
Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

Phenomenal One

I can see us gearing up to stop the run and John  Parker Wilson being made to look like a Heisman candidate by our defense

BradyHolzhauer

They can stack the line all they want.  Run McFadden to the outside.  The only player I've ever seen get an angle on McFadden and still stop him was that linebacker at Ole Miss last year (Patrick Willis?).  I'm not trying to defend Nutt.  Once D-Mac/Jones are gone, Nutt's horrible playcalling will truly be exposed to the world, but with McFadden and Jones, speed wins out in situations like that. 

hvsupastar

Everyone has stacked the line of scrimmage for two years.. No big deal
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

IHateVitale

BAT

whomp whomp whommmmmppppppppppppp
Darren McFadden~The greatest Razorback ever.  501 baby

BigoBoys

I don't believe that they will beat us.  I was not impressed with them against Vandy today.  If we do lose it will be something like;  "Man its so hard to win on the road in the SEC"  "You so wished that you had a Marcus Monk in the lineup".  "Boy, you just hate that"  Fire HDN! 

FootballHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 08, 2007, 04:02:53 pm
Quote from: FootballHog on September 08, 2007, 03:56:21 pm

Yes I do.  I value good coaching a lot more than folks like yourself.  I ultimatley see this as Nutt vs. Saban at Alabama.  Let me ask you this...what are we gonna do when they stack the line of scrimmage?  The simple screen passes and 3 yard dumps to the flats/sidelines to Peyton Hillis won't win this game for us.

Well, considering how Saban is only 3-2 against Nutt, I dont see how Saban has such a big coaching "advantage". Saban only had 1 season at LSU where he didn't lose AT LEAST 3 games. He is not a god like some of you guys proclaim.

As for the "stacking the line of scrimmage part", Bama probably has the worst D-Line in the SEC. Let them stack the line, I dont care. Bama had similar statistics against Vandy as we did with Troy. They might be just as One-Dimensional as we are.

jkstock04

Quote from: FootballHog on September 08, 2007, 04:01:06 pm

I'll tell you what.  Next Saturday after the game is over....if we win I'll bring this thread back up and admit I was wrong and that Saban ain't all he's cracked up to be.  But, if we lose I'm gonna bring this thread back up and call you out for you to admit that Saban is the real deal.  That is if you're not crying with you're head under the pillow for your fallen hero the Nuttster... ;D  I mean if everything is the way you say theres no way they can beat us next weekend, right???????????  What say you?? 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

razorwill

how many points you say bama will beat us by?   20 to 30?   care to put your money where your mouth is?  ill take arkansas plus 20 for all you got...

FootballHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 08, 2007, 04:09:41 pm
Quote from: FootballHog on September 08, 2007, 04:01:06 pm

I'll tell you what.  Next Saturday after the game is over....if we win I'll bring this thread back up and admit I was wrong and that Saban ain't all he's cracked up to be.  But, if we lose I'm gonna bring this thread back up and call you out for you to admit that Saban is the real deal.  That is if you're not crying with you're head under the pillow for your fallen hero the Nuttster... ;D  I mean if everything is the way you say theres no way they can beat us next weekend, right???????????  What say you?? 

Haha deal...BTW, not a Nutt fan, I just really hate Alabama and Saban. ;D

mossfan33

My excuse will be "McFadden got hurt"  because that's the only way we lose to them.

akp4105

Way to get behind your team, FANS..if we are 5-0 here in a couple of weeks, Dont come jumping on the band wagon. Support your team. I'm talking about the team here, the players..not the head coach. I'm not a nutthugger..you should go into every game thinking the hogs are gonna win.

jkstock04

Quote from: mossfan33 on September 08, 2007, 04:14:27 pm
My excuse will be "McFadden got hurt"  because that's the only way we lose to them.
I'm glad to see that so many are so optimistic.  I honestly hope I'm wrong....but I just don't see it happening.  I guess I've always been a "expect the worst and hope for the best" kind of guy.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

mossfan33

The talent level isn't even close.  I would love to have big Andre Smith though....

BamaFreak

If our QB plays like he did today, it will be a looooong game for us against you guys.  Wilson floated passes all day and missed a wide-open DJ Hall in the End Zone.  We can't kick a field goal that's more than 25 yards.  If we don't have improved QB play, we may as well hand it to ya.

WordToYourLlama

BAT

Are you going to say the words "doo doo" on your show?  Because that's some real analysis right there.

HognotinMemphis

If the Hogs are good enough to beat Bama on the road and actually do it, they could be looking at 5-3 or 6-2 in SEC. If they lose to Bama, that foretells a loss the next week at home to KY, as the Hogs have never won an SEC game after their first SEC loss under Nutt.

An 0-2 start in the SEC that includes a loss to a mediocre Bama team and a home loss to KY points to being able to win 2 or 3 SEC games at most.

A loss to Bama means another season of beating only the two Mississppi schools and maybe squeaking by Auburn or SC at home.

The new AD will have an easy choice to make after this season.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hoghearted

Quote from: akp4105 on September 08, 2007, 04:15:58 pm
Way to get behind your team, FANS..if we are 5-0 here in a couple of weeks, Dont come jumping on the band wagon. Support your team. I'm talking about the team here, the players..not the head coach. I'm not a nutthugger..you should go into every game thinking the hogs are gonna win.
While I didn't see 'Bama's game today and can't make any judgments as to their chances of beating us, I don't think it's a bad thing if a Hog fan takes a more pessimistic view of the upcoming game. I can't speak for anyone's abilities in evaluating performance, but perhaps they are just being realistic, at least in their own minds, and not just homers. Which is not to say I think we will lose. I can't make any predictions, because I haven't seen Alabama play.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle