Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 2 polls are out [multiple merged threads]

Started by Hawg_Heaven, September 04, 2007, 09:47:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

If we could move up 2 spots every week, we will be in good shape come the end of the year.

gumby013

NuttinItUp

HogHillbilly

Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Lanny

Feels good to be a ranked team.  Beat Bama!
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

HogHillbilly

Didn't see the other one...................Merge 'em

razorbackred

Thanks for the link!

The voters must not have watched many games this weekend to still have Texas at #7.  They shouldn't be in the top 10.  And I'm not a Pac 10 fan, but Cal should be no lower than 7 based on their game. 

HogHillbilly

Quote from: hSv on September 04, 2007, 02:47:30 pm

I guess we should enjoy it..........I keep waiting for the bomb to fall..........As well as the Hogs

Oliver

Quote from: HogHillbilly on September 04, 2007, 02:49:12 pm

I guess we should enjoy it..........I keep waiting for the bomb to fall..........As well as the Hogs

It'll happen in Tuscaloosa unless we magically find a passing game in the next two weeks.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: BartIV on September 04, 2007, 01:26:28 pm
Surprised Tennessee stayed in top 25.

That didn't surprise me...they played a quality team, on the road, tough.  Michigan, on the other hand lost to a division II and deserved to drop out. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: manpig on September 04, 2007, 01:44:30 pm
why would anyone think michigan should be ranked..

I don't.  They may very well end up back in the top 10 by season's end, but right now, they're where they belong.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

KAHog

I guess the pollsters didn't watch the Auburn game.  No way they should have moved up that much....

OinkinOregon

I did not see Notre Dame in the poll or on the all others list.  What happened to them...LOL!!!

HogHillbilly

It's pretty close to the pre-season poll.............Everybody just kinda moved up after the 3 dropped out

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 04, 2007, 02:49:54 pm

It'll happen in Tuscaloosa unless we magically find a passing game in the next two weeks.

I know this sounds cornball but my hope lies in D-Mac and the players. They are champions and will find a way to win. I'm with hSv, it feels good to be ranked this eary in the season. The kids had a good start Saturday and I hope it continues.

"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

PowderedToastMan

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on September 04, 2007, 02:52:20 pm
Quote from: BartIV on September 04, 2007, 01:26:28 pm
Surprised Tennessee stayed in top 25.

That didn't surprise me...they played a quality team, on the road, tough.  Michigan, on the other hand lost to a division II and deserved to drop out. 

Appalachian State is not Division II.  They are Division I-AA (which is the Football Championship Subdivision now).  SAU, ATU, OBU, etc. are Division II.
Still, Michigan should have beat them, especially in the Big House.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

HogFan1973

Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 04, 2007, 02:49:54 pm

Won't happen.  Never will with Nutt.  If he can't find one by his 10th season, he won't ever find one.

wholehog92

Quote from: razorbackred on September 04, 2007, 02:48:45 pm
Thanks for the link!

The voters must not have watched many games this weekend to still have Texas at #7.  They shouldn't be in the top 10.  And I'm not a Pac 10 fan, but Cal should be no lower than 7 based on their game. 

That Cal team was impressive.  I have to admit that Tenner actually looked pretty good at times as well.  We will have our hands full Nov 10th if they don't get too beat up.  I would say Cal should have been moved into the top 5.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Michaelt

It does feel good to see us in the rankings!! Hopefully a light will come on somewhere and the team will develop some semblance of a passing attack to compliment the running game.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

Conway Cool Daddy

Va Tech and Auburn are both vastly overated.

Neither looked like a top 25 team Saturday.

pimpndistress

Auburn looks just like they did last year.  good but somewhat small D, and no Qb.
[/quote]  sounds like us  :)
:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

Adam Stokes

Michigan drops from #5 to #27.  We moved up two spots in the USA Today because of the Michigan and Tennessee losses.  We moved up three because Florida state was ranked above us, so we are now 18 in both polls.

BigArkyintheRock

Looks about right, but Texass should be lower. Arkansas State almost beat them in their house!

Six SEC teams in the Top 25...nice!!

18 across the board for Arkansas...I'll take it and be glad for now.

A win against Bama (Week 3), and we should crack the Top 15 in both polls.

At the end of Week 3 of the season, when was the last time we were ranked in the Top 15? Probably been a while.

WPS!:razorback:
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

kimjongsqUeAl

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

razorbackred

Not to look too far ahead, but if we can find a way to win at Bama (I don't think we will, but lets hope for it) and then take care of business at home against UK, we should be in the top 10 when Auburn rolls into town.  Beat them and we should be close to the top 5 when USC rolls into town.  One can only hope this happens, but I am confident it won't.  Ole Nuttster will find a way to lose a game that we shouldn't. 

biggiepiggie

Quote from: ballhog24 on September 04, 2007, 03:06:30 pm
It does feel good to see us in the rankings!! Hopefully a light will come on somewhere and the team will develop some semblance of a passing attack to compliment the running game.
I just hope the light isn't an oncoming train.

vbtj

ON the Notre Dame question.  Georgia Tech whooped there you know what Saturday.     That's why GT jumped in.

Pigasaurus

Auburn shouldn't have moved up after squeaking a win.  USC(west) might have a tough season in the Puke10 the way UCLA & Cal looks.  wps lets put a whooping on  the elephant.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

hogs25

September 04, 2007, 04:21:56 pm #80 Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 04:24:21 pm by hogs25
Quote from: ajs15razorman on September 04, 2007, 03:08:21 pm
Michigan drops from #5 to #27.  We moved up two spots in the USA Today because of the Michigan and Tennessee losses.  We moved up three because Florida state was ranked above us, so we are now 18 in both polls.

Michigan #33 AP and #27 USA Today; either way you gotta love it!

Others Receiving Votes AP
Boston College 126, Missouri 116, Miami (FL) 91, Oregon 90, Alabama 74, Oregon State 41, South Carolina 39, Michigan 39, Brigham Young 27, South Florida 27, Florida State 22, Arizona State 19, Southern Miss 9, Wake Forest 7, Washington 1, Kansas 1.

razorback903

September 04, 2007, 04:24:03 pm #81 Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 04:33:25 pm by razorback903
This is only a test....

No animal were harmed in the testing of my signature.
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

PigPusher

September 04, 2007, 04:53:23 pm #82 Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 08:09:34 pm by PigPusher
If we are still around in two weeks we do have three teams in the poll just a head of us that might find themselves in trouble.

Virginia Tech vs LSU  this Saturday
Nebraska vs USC  week 3
Lousville vs Kentuck week 3

Here's hoping.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

ThrillaHog

Arkansas moves up to number 18 in both polls.

Go Hogs!

ThrillaHog

September 04, 2007, 04:57:58 pm #84 Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 05:03:36 pm by ThrillaHog
Arkansas moves to number 18 in both the AP poll and Coaches Poll.

Michigan Falls out of the top 25!! Thats a hard Drop!

Go Hogs!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

PigKahuna

Go Hogs.  Yeah, they can't throw very well and the secondary is young.

But, for now, the 2nd week in September they are undefeated, 18th in the country and have the Heisman leader.

It's fun to be a Hog.

southtxhog

I hope that it lasts.  We are going to have to get better in order for us to stay in the top 25. 
Mr. Long, Coach Pel, and Coach Petrino.  The recipe for new success in The Natural State.

Eric Cartman

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

RhodeHog

Quote from: PigKahuna on September 04, 2007, 05:01:36 pm

But, for now, the 2nd week in September they are undefeated, 18th in the country and have the Heisman leader.

It's fun to be a Hog.

It's fun for at least 10 more days.  ;)

stevenwayneslane

I don't think we would be Michigan. I do think we could but don't think we would. If we lose to Alabama though the polls will suck. Hawaii, TCU, and Boise State will all be ranked higher than us. That really is a disgrace. Sad thing is it probably will be accurate. All three teams would probably beat us.

PigKahuna

Quote from: RhodeHog on September 04, 2007, 05:04:47 pm

It's fun to be a Hog.

It's fun for at least 10 more days.  ;)

We might be top 15 after this weekend.

I'll choose to enjoy those 10 days instead of incessantly bi*ching about everything like a lot of folks do. (not accusing anyone in particular)   I live for football season and right now I'm having a good time.  I hope everyone can slow down for a moment to savor a good couple of weeks.

NuttinItUp

Good job Hoggies. Keep up the good work.

RhodeHog

Quote from: PigKahuna on September 04, 2007, 05:09:05 pm
We might be top 15 after this weekend.

I'll choose to enjoy those 10 days instead of incessantly bi*ching about everything like a lot of folks do. (not accusing anyone in particular)   I live for football season and right now I'm having a good time.  I hope everyone can slow down for a moment to savor a good couple of weeks.

I love football season as well.  Most of us are glad it's finally here, whether we like the current staff or not. 

LLPL

I wonder what the chances will be of Kodi Burns playing.  I know he is redshirted but wonder if Tubberville will play him if things don't improve offensively.

Kodi was moved to WR during Fall camp.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: MuleriderFan on September 04, 2007, 03:03:17 pm
Appalachian State is not Division II.  They are Division I-AA (which is the Football Championship Subdivision now).

You are exactly right.  My bad.  Thank you.

Hogz87

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Appalachian State lost to their FCS opponent next week....

PigPusher

It's fun to be a Hog.

It is a heck of a lot better than starting out in the thirties in the polls and having to win and win to FINALLY get into the high twenties. Yes it is fun to be a Hog.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

hawgwash

Michigan claims they and Appalachian St. are the two best teams in the country and should get a rematch in the national championship game.

slopinhogs

we are below Boise state and Rutgers give me a break. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die