Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 2 polls are out [multiple merged threads]

Started by Hawg_Heaven, September 04, 2007, 09:47:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg_Heaven

Razorhogs

I would say today.  There was several games yesterday.

mj4president

What time will the ap and coaches polls come out?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

BartIV

It should come out any minute.

hogs25

I don't know why it's taking so long.  We used to get the updated poll on Sunday nights last year. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?pollId=null&weekNumber=3&seasonYear=2007

OnYourToes

The new polss always come out on Tuesday.
By the 6pm EST Sportscenter, they usually have THE BIG ANNOUNCEMNT of the new polls.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Simple Swineman

Quote from: OnYourToes on September 04, 2007, 10:45:47 am
The new polss always come out on Tuesday.
By the 6pm EST Sportscenter, they usually have THE BIG ANNOUNCEMNT of the new polls.

The polls are released on Sunday night every week except the first week when there are games on Sunday and Monday.

joshog

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls

I think these are the updated polls it says updated 9-4-07 at the bottom

Killean

Quote from: joshog on September 04, 2007, 11:13:58 am

No, they're not.. Michigan is still #5.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

southtxhog

It's old.  Notice Michigan at #5.  Don't think so...
Mr. Long, Coach Pel, and Coach Petrino.  The recipe for new success in The Natural State.

monticello_hog

nope michigan still ranked #5

PigPusher

Jos you fell for the same thing I did yesterday and got hammered a little.  What they did in the polls you are referring to is change the win loss record but not the rating file.  You and I both I guess need to pay closer attention. :)  No big deal really.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

joshog

just noticed that myself, sorry about the false alarm

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: southtxhog on September 04, 2007, 11:15:54 am

It's old.  Notice Michigan at #5.  Don't think so...
Quote from: monticello_hog on September 04, 2007, 11:16:02 am
nope michigan still ranked #5

JOSHOG, no offense, you need to take the Football 101 and posting class...

Hollywood_HOGan45

need to enjoy our time in the polls as long as we can.

because our stay may not last very long.

HogBaptist

wow...michigan drops out of 25, that's crazy

Dirty

I still think the hogs are better than Auburn.  Auburn offense looks awful.

hogsanity

Quote from: hogfanwithms on September 04, 2007, 01:15:36 pm

Auburn looks just like they did last year.  good but somewhat small D, and no Qb.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BigDeal

biggiepiggie

Does anyone really think we could beat Michigan?

The Boar War

I'm happy with the spot.  Does anyone know where Michigan landed?

Killean

Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

HogBaptist

Styflin

That right tackle looked good ;)

BartIV

Surprised Tennessee stayed in top 25.

Bigmac

Florida 7 first place votes??? A little east coast bias wouldn't you say. Of course it could be reigning NC that got em that as well but I don't see how anyone could put Florida over LSU at this time.

Realist

I think app state deserves votes, even if its not allowed

Since 1894

GREAT,

and we will move ahead of LSU and Auburn when we beat them!!!

WPS
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

redbarn

Quote from: hogsanity on September 04, 2007, 01:16:42 pm

Auburn looks just like they did last year.  good but somewhat small D, and no Qb.

I wonder what the chances will be of Kodi Burns playing.  I know he is redshirted but wonder if Tubberville will play him if things don't improve offensively.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

jst01

i thought Tenn got a little screwed.  played a better ranked team at their place and lost but then fell a lot.  Oh well

arkjay19

Big Papa Satan

razorsox

I guess thats not a bad way to look since they went 11-2.
The last thing we need is a bunch of rednecks running around with McFadden Cowboy jerseys.

the notorious P.I.G.

It's ridiculous that Michigan dropped out!! it was just 1 game. they should have at least dropped to 15th to 16th.

Sao Ming

Quote from: Realist on September 04, 2007, 01:28:12 pm
I think app state deserves votes, even if its not allowed

They are still #1 in the FCS.  Michigan is right behind them at #2 with New Hampshire closing fast.

hogsanity

Quote from: the notorious P.I.G. on September 04, 2007, 01:37:23 pm
It's ridiculous that Michigan dropped out!! it was just 1 game. they should have at least dropped to 15th to 16th.

What was ridiculous was that they were ranked 5th to begin with.  They are slow on D, and lost their top 3 defensive players from last year to graduation. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: razorsox on September 04, 2007, 01:33:54 pm

I guess thats not a bad way to look since they went 11-2.

Not bad, but it is a good way to lose to teams that can physically dominate their O line, which is what Ar and GA did to them last year.

manpig

why would anyone think michigan should be ranked..

Chief Mac

agreed.  They were VERY lucky to pull out that win.  We SHOULD take Auburn at RRS.
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

PigPusher

Quote from: HogBaptist on September 04, 2007, 01:14:55 pm
wow...michigan drops out of 25, that's crazy

Agreed. Just shows how subjective the polling process is and has always been. 
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Realist

I don't think most people realize it but our offensive line is extremely large.   That is why we were able to push people around last year and make Auburn look so bad. 

PigPusher

Quote from: joshog on September 04, 2007, 11:20:39 am
just noticed that myself, sorry about the false alarm

Jos I just gave you some Karma because you deserve it for the effort.  Keep posing. :)

StoernerJonesFan

Congratulations to USA today for dropping Michigan out of the top 25.  Lets hope AP and Coaches follow, too. 
Michigan has no business being in the top 25.

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Talmor

September 04, 2007, 02:10:27 pm #46 Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 04:03:58 pm by Talmor
Just released USA Today Coaches' Poll has the Hogs at #18.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

Go Hogs!  :razorback:

jasminefu

I am glad to see Michigan drops out 25.

NuttinItUp

booogaga

i like how at the very end in very small print it says "dropped out Michigan" lol
GO HOGS!