Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8 Reasons Why Losing To Troy Will Benefit The Hogs - Updated Daily

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, August 25, 2007, 07:44:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

August 25, 2007, 07:44:31 pm Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 08:21:06 am by notshavintilnuttgo
One reason per day before the big game - why we need to lose to Troy.

1.  Houston Nutt will most likely be fired after the game.  Reggie will step in and will allow the O.C. to do his job.  There won't be the clan of Houston, Danny(on his cell phone) and Lee all trying to decide what play to call - no more delay of game penalties, wasted time-outs or scared decisions by Nutt.

We will actually have a chance to win out with good defense and a somewhat of balanced offense.

See you tomorrow...

:razorback:

IN SUMMARY(scroll down the thread to see the explanation of each):
1.  Cluster-frick that has been the offensive play-calling will no longer exist.
2.  The healing can begin.
3.  The truth will set you free.
4.  A paradigm shift by the PTB.
5.  2 is better than 1.
6.  The Option is Back Baby!!!!
7.  The Wrong Coach Left
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

bfosh

No benefit to that for Arkansas whether you like Nutt or not.

LyonHog

NotShavin,  I want Nutt gone just as much as the rest of us but do we really want to risk a move like that?  It could severely hurt the rest of the season (low morale)

camden5r

Quote from: blunthog on August 25, 2007, 08:00:47 pm
I want hdn gone but I totally disagree with your post.

Well, if we win, he's not going anywhere.  So what's your hope then?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

camden5r

I have a feeling that he will leave at the end of year. (on HIS OWN) For me I just cannot hope or want the team to lose.

Silver Hog

When we lose, I wonder which player Nutt with throw under the bus?

Quote from: blunthog on August 25, 2007, 08:06:40 pm
I have a feeling that he will leave at the end of year. (on HIS OWN) For me I just cannot hope or want the team to lose.

Yeah, I had that feeling before, too.  TRUST me, if we have a successful season he is GOING NOWHERE.  You can count on that.

Just pretend for a moment you knew this was true.  How would you feel about it then?

Michaelt

But I thought Lee wasn't a good OC? If HDN gets fired and Reggie lets the OC do his job, and no one thinks Lee is capable of doing the job of an OC, then where does that leave the hogs offense?
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

Quote from: ballhog24 on August 25, 2007, 08:15:54 pm
But I thought Lee wasn't a good OC? If HDN gets fired and Reggie lets the OC do his job, and no one thinks Lee is capable of doing the job of an OC, then where does that leave the hogs offense?

He's better than Houston and offense-by-committee, plus please actually READ the reasons I CLEARLY stated above before spouting off.

camden5r

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 25, 2007, 08:11:21 pm
Quote from: blunthog on August 25, 2007, 08:06:40 pm

Yeah, I had that feeling before, too.  TRUST me, if we have a successful season he is GOING NOWHERE.  You can count on that.

Just pretend for a moment you knew this was true.  How would you feel about it then?
I see your point!!!!

Michaelt

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 25, 2007, 08:18:42 pm

He's better than Houston and offense-by-committee, plus please actually READ the reasons I CLEARLY stated above before spouting off.

I read your reasons CLEARLY and I understood them. I was merely making the point that few of the dissenters on here feel that DL is an OC. Because of peoples feeling that DL is inept at being an OC; your other reasons would be irrelevant.

If you don't want people making comments on your posts, then don't post.

ballhog88

I thought Houston was offensive coord of the year per rivals?

swinearefine

Dirty

Which would be worse?  Losing to Troy or Florida International.

Quote from: ballhog24 on August 25, 2007, 08:21:20 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 25, 2007, 08:18:42 pm

I read your reasons CLEARLY and I understood them. I was merely making the point that few of the dissenters on here feel that DL is an OC. Because of peoples feeling that DL is inept at being an OC; your other reasons would be irrelevant.

If you don't want people making comments on your posts, then don't post.

That's really funny, I love it when people respond to my posts.  I don't know where you pulled that from, but it makes sense coming from you.

My reasons aren't irrelevant, he IS inept, but NOT AS INEPT as Dale and the offense by comittee, the cluster-frick on the headphones WE knew about long before you understood what was really going on.

Do you comprehend now, or do I have to simplify it more and bring it down to your hugger level?

harleighhawg

Notshavin:

You told another poster to clearly read what you'd written.  Bear in mind you are in the same boat with Swisshog, as he seemed to be the only one (in their initial post - not the one you "qualified" to and won over) that agreed with you.

That alone would make me take great pause and rethink my position.  JMHO.

addendum:  tried to fix the bold letters.  Only meant for "clearly" as you'd done....

xsilverchair14x

I know we should have the rivals OCOY calling the play this year. or did he even call the plays last year? who really knows. anyway losing to Troy is horrible and doesn't do any good. That would be classified under blind hatred for HDN than love for the UofA

Justme

Quote from: swisshog on August 25, 2007, 08:08:51 pm
Whoever is playing QB is my guess.

LAHOGG

I have a hard time believing anybody here wants them to lose to troy.  Deep down it will hurt regardless of what you say.  The hogs are your passion.  Why else would you be here posting at least 12 hrs a day seven days a week.  If you really wanted the hogs to lose why would you people want to waste so much time on here.

Quote from: harleighhawg on August 25, 2007, 08:36:01 pm
Notshavin:

You told another poster to clearly read what you'd written.  Bear in mind you are in the same boat with Swisshog, as he seemed to be the only one (in their initial post - not the one you "qualified" to and won over) that agreed with you.

Then you don't understand the recent influx of huggers sent here by Dale to try and de-rail this board.

JMHO.

Quote from: LAHOGG on August 25, 2007, 08:38:11 pm
I have a hard time believing anybody here wants them to lose to troy.  Deep down it will hurt regardless of what you say.  The hogs are your passion.  Why else would you be here posting at least 12 hrs a day seven days a week.  If you really wanted the hogs to lose why would you people want to waste so much time on here.

Because it is much more benefitial to us.  It is because I am a Hog fan that I understand this.

imhogwild2

1 reason to beat troy is because if we lose to troy we will be made fun of for the rest of the year and even if we won every game after that no one will give us respect at all. Also we can wait till the end of the year for the new athletic director to fire Houston Nutt.
Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

hogfansince1964

It is unfathomable that anyone who is a fan of the Razorbacks would ever, ever want them to lose a single game regardless of his/her feelings toward any coach or any player.

Baseball Hog

1st, he wont get fired if we lose.
2nd, i find it pitiful that you are going out of your way to degrade our team.  And dont say thats not what you are doing, because it is.  You are criticizing the boys before they get on the field.  It is shameful.

Michaelt

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 25, 2007, 08:34:10 pm
That's really funny, I love it when people respond to my posts.  I don't know where you pulled that from, but it makes sense coming from you.

My reasons aren't irrelevant, he IS inept, but NOT AS INEPT as Dale and the offense by comittee, the cluster-frick on the headphonesWE knew about long before you understood what was really going on.
They're not irrelevant to you, that's cool.

Do you comprehend now, or do I have to simplify it more and bring it down to your hugger level?
me a hugger, now that's the funniest thing you've said all night.

I'll ask one thing, leave the snideness out of your posts, please. You want the hogs to lose, that's your choice. I don't agree with it, and I hope your 7 other reasons have more validity to them than #8.

You want to make tongue and cheek insults, make them somewhere else.

harleighhawg

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 25, 2007, 08:38:28 pm
Notshavin:

Then you don't understand the recent influx of huggers sent here by Dale to try and de-rail this board.

JMHO.

How do you derail a board of people's opinions?  People are going to think how they are going to think, unless they're told (and accept that) what to think.  Even if you're successful in getting everyone to come around to your view, what do you have except a bunch of sheep?

I am serious asking you how someone can derail an entire board?

Michaelt

Quote from: Baseball Hog on August 25, 2007, 08:48:58 pm
1st, he wont get fired if we lose.
2nd, i find it pitiful that you are going out of your way to degrade our team.  And dont say thats not what you are doing, because it is.  You are criticizing the boys before they get on the field.  It is shameful.

OK; lets keep this thread from getting canned. People disagree with NSTNG's, that's fine, but he does have a right to make his points.

If you disagree with him, fine, state it and move on. Don't make any more posts about not being a fan, or being a disgrace, or shameful, etc...that's undeserved.

NMMIHog

How many ints before he swaps Dicks?

harleighhawg

Quote from: harleighhawg on August 25, 2007, 08:51:41 pm
Notshavin:

JMHO.

How do you derail a board of people's opinions?  People are going to think how they are going to think, unless they're told (and accept that) what to think.  Even if you're successful in getting everyone to come around to your view, what do you have except a bunch of sheep?

I am serious asking you how someone can derail an entire board?

BTW, I strongly disagree with any reason for losing to Troy...........

Justme

Quote from: NMMIHog on August 25, 2007, 08:52:25 pm

How many ints before he swaps Dicks?
He'll be wound tight so just one or two might do it.

VandyHog

Although I think it is possible that it might happen, it would be a disaster if Arkansas lost to Troy. The national sports media would have a field day. It would destroy McFadden's hopes of winning the Heisman. It would hurt recruiting. It would knock the team out of the Top 25. On the other hand, it would be huge for Troy.

MysticHog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 25, 2007, 07:44:31 pm

1.  Houston Nutt will most likely be fired after the game.  Reggie will step in and will allow the O.C. to do his job.  There won't be the clan of Houston, Danny(on his cell phone) and Lee all trying to decide what play to call - no more delay of game penalties, wasted time-outs or scared decisions by Nutt.

We will actually have a chance to win out with good defense and a somewhat of balanced offense.

See you tomorrow...

Bud we will beat Troy like a drum.  They have 0 chance of beating us. Give it up.

Quote from: ballhog24 on August 25, 2007, 08:50:05 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 25, 2007, 08:34:10 pm

My reasons aren't irrelevant, he IS inept, but NOT AS INEPT as Dale and the offense by comittee, the cluster-frick on the headphonesWE knew about long before you understood what was really going on.
They're not irrelevant to you, that's cool.

me a hugger, now that's the funniest thing you've said all night.

I'll ask one thing, leave the snideness out of your posts, please. You want the hogs to lose, that's your choice. I don't agree with it, and I hope your 7 other reasons have more validity to them than #8.

You want to make tongue and cheek insults, make them somewhere else.

Snideness?  I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were so sensitive.  It is my opinion that you are a hugger, so deal with it and stop telling me how to post.  I have insulted no one and you need to back off.  My reasoning is very valid, and #1 is probably THE most valid of them all.

How about you just say you disagree next time without making up crap and trying to tell me how to post?

Just because YOU think you are "balanced" doesn't make you right, in this case it just makes you another supporter of Nutt, whether you like it or not.

Michaelt

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 25, 2007, 09:28:12 pm
Snideness?  I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were so sensitive.  It is my opinion that you are a hugger, so deal with it and stop telling me how to post.  I have insulted no one and you need to back off.  My reasoning is very valid, and #1 is probably THE most valid of them all.
How about you just say you disagree next time without making up crap and trying to tell me how to post?
Just because YOU think you are "balanced" doesn't make you right, in this case it just makes you another supporter of Nutt, whether you like it or not.

Sensitive, no. I'm trying to avoid the escalation that could follow.

And just because you carry the opinion that I'm a hugger does not make me one. You don't care that you're incorrect in your statement, that's ok. This is America, you have every right to be wrong.

To grant 1/2 your request; I disagree with you. Losing to Troy would not be a good thing. Now with that said, keep your posts within guidelines and I won't NEED to tell you how to post. If you can't, then I will deal with it.

Your opinion, is just that, an opinion. I don't share it, and if you read past posts, you would change it, or maybe not; that would be up to you.

Now...that we've measured...lets get back to the gist of the thread.

You do have me in anticipation of #1, so I'll wait for it like the rest.

With the unbalanced aura surrounding the athletic program; losing to Troy would not benefit the hogs. It would demoralize the players losing a game they're supposed to win, i.e. The Citadel and the rest of the 3-7-1 1992 season. That's a big risk to take just to get rid of one coach.

Quote from: ballhog24 on August 25, 2007, 09:53:49 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 25, 2007, 09:28:12 pm

Sensitive, no. I'm trying to avoid the escalation that could follow.

And just because you carry the opinion that I'm a hugger does not make me one. You don't care that you're incorrect in your statement, that's ok. This is America, you have every right to be wrong.

To grant 1/2 your request; I disagree with you. Losing to Troy would not be a good thing. Now with that said, keep your posts within guidelines and I won't NEED to tell you how to post. If you can't, then I will deal with it.

Your opinion, is just that, an opinion. I don't share it, and if you read past posts, you would change it, or maybe not; that would be up to you.

Now...that we've measured...lets get back to the gist of the thread.

You do have me in anticipation of #1, so I'll wait for it like the rest.

With the unbalanced aura surrounding the athletic program; losing to Troy would not benefit the hogs. It would demoralize the players losing a game they're supposed to win, i.e. The Citadel and the rest of the 3-7-1 1992 season. That's a big risk to take just to get rid of one coach.

Once again, STOP telling me how to post, when I have not broken any rules.  Please show me where I have in this thread.

As far as your opinion about my post, you obviously don't think Nutt is the biggest problem with this team OR you also are under the misguided impression that he is going to leave at the end of the season.

In BOTH cases, you would be wrong.

And don't take yourself so seriously because nobody else does.

Michaelt

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 25, 2007, 10:09:04 pm
Once again, STOP telling me how to post, when I have not broken any rules.  Please show me where I have in this thread.
You've read my requests. Leave it be and lets stay on your topic.

As far as your opinion about my post, you obviously don't think Nutt is the biggest problem with this team OR you also are under the misguided impression that he is going to leave at the end of the season.
In BOTH cases, you would be wrong.
Agreed, if I had either of those opinions, I would probably be incorrect, and again you're obviously wrong about what you think. I have not disagreed that Nutt isn't the biggest problem. I have no idea whether Nutt is going to leave at the end of the season or not. If it were up to me (which it isn't) he wouldn't have coached THIS season; but that didn't happen for whatever reason.

I still disagree that losing to Troy would benefit the Razorbacks. There is no guarantee that losing to Troy would cause Nutt's firing; it's a hunch, albeit a good one, but it's still a hunch, and the way HDN has suffered through the past misgivings, it would not surprise me if he wasn't fired if Troy happened to win.

Regardless, I won't wish a loss on the Razorbacks. If there is a chance that this team can get back to the SECCG, and if there is a chance that this team can finally win that game; if there is a chance that this team can get to a BCS bowl and win it; I'm all for it, I don't give a rats ass who the coach is to that point.

H()G

See you tomorrow...

Man cmon, you can't let your selfish desires get in the way.  You would rather run the risk of DMAC losing the race for the Heisman, and the rest of the hogs have a bad season, just because you don't like the coach.  In my opinion, which has clearly been stated that I have a full right to express,  I don't see how you can call yourself a hog fan.

100% gaurantee the other 7 aren't good enough to outway the reasons why we should beat Troy.

aaron_c

reasons it would hurt the Hogs:

1.  Losing to a team like Troy would destroy recruiting for years to come

Michaelt

Quote from: H()G on August 25, 2007, 10:23:28 pm
Man cmon, you can't let your selfish desires get in the way.  You would rather run the risk of DMAC losing the race for the Heisman, and the rest of the hogs have a bad season, just because you don't like the coach.  In my opinion, which has clearly been stated that I have a full right to express,  I don't see how you can call yourself a hog fan.
100% gaurantee the other 7 aren't good enough to outway the reasons why we should beat Troy.

Let me say this one more time; Last time I'll ask.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY POSTS QUESTIONING WHETHER THE AUTHOR OF THIS THREAD, OR ANY OTHER PERSON IS OR IS NOT A FAN OF THE RAZORBACKS JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SHARES A DIFFERENT VIEW OF WHAT SHOULD/COULD HAPPEN, DOES NOT GIVE ANY REASON TO QUESTION THEIR DEVOTION TO THIS TEAM.

Quote from: ballhog24 on August 25, 2007, 10:20:39 pm
You've read my requests. Leave it be and lets stay on your topic.

And you've read mine.  I don't care who you are, stop telling me how to post when I've done nothing wrong.  Maybe you're the one who should stay on topic.  Got it?

Agreed, if I had either of those opinions, I would probably be incorrect, and again you're obviously wrong about what you think. I have not disagreed that Nutt isn't the biggest problem. I have no idea whether Nutt is going to leave at the end of the season or not. If it were up to me (which it isn't) he wouldn't have coached THIS season; but that didn't happen for whatever reason.

I still disagree that losing to Troy would benefit the Razorbacks. There is no guarantee that losing to Troy would cause Nutt's firing; it's a hunch, albeit a good one, but it's still a hunch, and the way HDN has suffered through the past misgivings, it would not surprise me if he wasn't fired if Troy happened to win.

Regardless, I won't wish a loss on the Razorbacks. If there is a chance that this team can get back to the SECCG, and if there is a chance that this team can finally win that game; if there is a chance that this team can get to a BCS bowl and win it; I'm all for it, I don't give a rats ass who the coach is to that point.

Well, then you just proved my point.  One of the definitions of a hugger is someone who doesn't care that Nutt is the coach, as long as we have a good season this year, not taking into account how he has set us up for continued failure and mediocrity in the long run.

We've heard all this crap before from other huggers.

HognotinMemphis

See you tomorrow...

Good Lord. You nailed it with this post. That is exactly how they called plays for last 9 years. Tons of delay penalties, wasted timeouts and scared decisions by Nutt.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

bphi11ips

I woulg gladly accept 0-12 if that is what it will take to rid us of the cancer that has enveloped Razorback Road to College Avenue.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: bfosh on August 25, 2007, 07:52:36 pm

There is a tremendous benefit to Arkansas if they lose to Troy. Getting rid of Nutt is like getting rid of cancer. Are you telling me that you would not like to rid your body of cancer?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

BigSexyHog

but I can't agree with your post.... 

No way we lose to Troy and the jury is still out if he leaves after this year or not... Good or Bad season....
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Michaelt

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 25, 2007, 10:28:46 pm
Well, then you just proved my point.  One of the definitions of a hugger is someone who doesn't care that Nutt is the coach, as long as we have a good season this year, not taking into account how he has set us up for continued failure and mediocrity in the long run.
We've heard all this crap before from other huggers.

And you only read what you want to read and strain to make your point. That's ok, happens a lot on here.

I guess we'll see what happens on the 1st. Looking forward to tomorrows reason #7!

stnsnptrck

Notshavin:

JMHO.

You really think that Nutt sends people on here to defend him?  That's funny.  JMHO

FootballHog

I'd like to see you come up with 7 more reasons.....the first one was easy.

Richard_white

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on August 25, 2007, 10:30:01 pm
Quote from: bfosh on August 25, 2007, 07:52:36 pm

There is a tremendous benefit to Arkansas if they lose to Troy. Getting rid of Nutt is like getting rid of cancer. Are you telling me that you would not like to rid your body of cancer?

We were told that if Nutt had a great year last year, he would be gone.  Nutt supporters claim that we had a great year, last year.  By what standards?  Maybe compared to what we had for the last 16 years...may be....

We can hear the same song, again.  If Nutt has a good year, he will be gone. Yawn 

Hawgballz

See you tomorrow...

Notshaven, who is your favorite college football team?
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!