Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

South Carolina dismissed 'Cuse Forward Transfer - Mike Jones

Started by Tomhog™, May 18, 2007, 08:08:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ColumbianHog

Who?

Oh well, that's too bad.  Gotta meet those standards. 

HawgG

Wow that's shocking.

Old Dave Odom got another contract extention because of those transfers and the belief that a big turn around is forthcoming.

hogfan064

Quote from: ColumbianHog on May 18, 2007, 09:03:57 am
Who?

Oh well, that's too bad.  Gotta meet those standards. 

He was originally a Syracuse player, then transferred to USC.  I believe he was one of the top 50 players in the nation when he first came out of HS.   

ColumbianHog

Quote from: HawgG on May 18, 2007, 12:05:10 pm
Wow that's shocking.

Old Dave Odom got another contract extention because of those transfers and the belief that a big turn around is forthcoming.

Contract extensions don't give job security, just a guarentee of some money when you get canned.  I don't think Odom will last another 2 years at S. Carolina.  I don't see him leading that program past the NIT.

hogfan064

Quote from: ColumbianHog on May 18, 2007, 12:38:08 pm
Wow that's shocking.

Contract extensions don't give job security, just a guarentee of some money when you get canned.  I don't think Odom will last another 2 years at S. Carolina.  I don't see him leading that program past the NIT.

Odom is under lots of pressure right now.  90% of USC fans want him gone.  A couple years ago he flirted with the UVA job and USC fans haven't forgiven him for that. 

HawgG

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 18, 2007, 12:41:51 pm
Quote from: ColumbianHog on May 18, 2007, 12:38:08 pm
Wow that's shocking.

Odom is under lots of pressure right now.  90% of USC fans want him gone.  A couple years ago he flirted with the UVA job and USC fans haven't forgiven him for that. 

Both of you fellows made good points. :)