Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm pumped for next year

Started by Swino, May 15, 2007, 02:17:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Swino

And yes, I was pumped for the Stan Heath era as well. 

But I am excited about the style of play, the recruiting and our coach.  1/2 of the puzzle is fixed folks.

Dr Swineglove

Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

tolerati

"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

Hollywood_HOGan45

no doubt

our team will be in good enough shape to finish off games now instead of choking them away.

tolerati

I think some exciting years lay ahead for Arkansas Razorback Basketball! No wonder some people in Kentucky wanted Coach P.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

dotnet

Me too.  Assuming Nate can shoot as good as people have said (pargo like...) then we'll have two quality players at every position:

Ervin/Welsh
Bev/Nate
Weems/Thomas
Washington/Sanchez
Hill/Townes

I know some will and can disagree on positions, and I wouldn't argue, but some combination of all of those players playing hard is something to be pumped about.  The great thing about the team is that at least 7 players (Welsh, Britt, Thomas, Washington, Sanchez, Townes, Hunter) can play multiple positions to make us that much more tough. 

I really think next year will be fun to watch. 

mbgrulz

Quote from: Tomcat on May 15, 2007, 05:30:56 pm
Thomas needs to stay at the 4.  He's not a good enough 3 point threat to be considered a small forward...
i think so too. thomas is simply not built to play the 3. if he couldn't do it in heath's 1/2 court game, aint no way he'll be able to do it in an up tempo style. thomas' 3 point %age was in the teens also. he is a great banger, and physical enforcer, but he is just not a polished wing player. not enough quickness and speed to be a 3. thomas had better get in where he fits in. with washington and now sanchez coming in with more athleticism and upside, he is in for a fight.

i think a more likely scenario is playing a 3 guard lineup when weems needs a breather.

Ftsmithmike

I want to watch Arkansas beat Florida so bad. They will be the team to beat again after getting all the recruits they wanted. But it will be awesome to hear Kentucky fans cheer for Pel when he goes there this year. I talked with some Kentucky fans on another board and they said they plan to give him a really warm welcome. The question on everyones mind is how long til Pel bleeds blue again?
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

slopinhogs

I'm excited about this staff coach pel has assembled around him .they all know the game and the way it is supposed to be played in the SEC.  they all realize what they have to do with this team to get them ready. that's why i am pumped. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

go hogs :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die