Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Late Signing Period ends May 16, 2007

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, May 08, 2007, 05:33:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Arkansas is currently pursuing Micheal Sanchez and other prospects that have yet to be made public to complete its 07' Class.

MEGATRON From the upcoming movie Transformers
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Oh by the way that is Optimus Prime in the below photo.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hollywood_HOGan45

hopefully we go after a guard that can come off the bench.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 08, 2007, 06:36:05 pm
hopefully we go after a guard that can come off the bench.

I am thinking the coaches are going to go the JUCO route.  
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

bd93

I don't care if he is JUCO or HS Point Gaurd, as long as he can play good back up minutes and produce.

lookawayquick

Can the Hogs sign one today or is there a short dead period?  Will Sanchez sign?  Who will be the third?  What highly rated players are currently unsigned?  Any kids in Ireland in play?  Give em Hell Coach Pel!

hawgwild1087

I hope we give a good look to Rodrigue Mels.  I'm pretty sure he's unsigned, and from what I've read, he seems like he'd be well worth a scholarship...especially this late in the year.
What about Marcus Walker?  Did he ever sign anywhere?

TRUHOG718

I hope they give a good look at Fayetteville Christian's Tehran Cox. He's going Juco but Im sure a call from Ark would be enough to have him opt out of that scholarship. Ive got a good feeling about that kid.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

hawgwild1087

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on May 09, 2007, 01:30:04 pm
I hope they give a good look at Fayetteville Christian's Tehran Cox. He's going Juco but Im sure a call from Ark would be enough to have him opt out of that scholarship. Ive got a good feeling about that kid.
That guys highlight film is ridiculous.  If he went to a bigger school he'd already have an offer.

bd93

Quote from: hawgwild1087 on May 09, 2007, 02:07:14 pm
That guys highlight film is ridiculous.  If he went to a bigger school he'd already have an offer.

If he would have just played AAU ball this summer he would have got an offer.

I think.

TRUHOG718

May 09, 2007, 03:49:51 pm #10 Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 03:53:11 pm by TRUHOG718
Quote from: bd93 on May 09, 2007, 02:46:52 pm
I hope they give a good look at Fayetteville Christian's Tehran Cox. He's going Juco but Im sure a call from
Ark would be enough to have him opt out of that scholarship. Ive got a good feeling about that kid.

I think.

He said he regrets not Playing AAU this year but he wanted to take the time to work on his game. Dont forget he is a foreigner who basically came over here with no choice to what high school he was going to and he really only now understands the importance of the AAU curcuit. Michael Washington and James Anderson speak highly of this kids game. If he had someone in his ear that knew better this kid might be headed to UNC right now instead of Juco. He reminds me a lot of Ty Lawson. not that talented, but his frame and quickness do.

The only reason he is going Juco is because he waited for Heath to offer and then the coaching change left him with not many major offers. he said in a news interview when asked if arkansas had offered he said not yet but he is waiting. he never intended it to come down to the few medeocre schools that offered so he said for that he would go Juco so he doesent lose a year when the big schools finally realize who he is. I respect the kid a whole lot for not settling for less when his sights are set on one day playing in the NBA.

he is a smart kid with a high act score and would be an asset to bring in as a freshman and learn under coach P. Plus we have the scholarsip to use, and as you saw in the clips in the recruiting forum he is fiere in the open floor.  I for one would be pleased if Coach P offered this kid. he can be an example to other Arkansas kids to stay home and play for the U of A.

blueshog2001

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on May 09, 2007, 03:49:51 pm
Quote from: bd93 on May 09, 2007, 02:46:52 pm
I hope they give a good look at Fayetteville Christian's Tehran Cox. He's going Juco but Im sure a call from
Ark would be enough to have him opt out of that scholarship. Ive got a good feeling about that kid.

I think.

He said he regrets not Playing AAU this year but he wanted to take the time to work on his game. Dont forget he is a foreigner who basically came over here with no choice to what high school he was going to and he really only now understands the importance of the AAU curcuit. Michael Washington and James Anderson speak highly of this kids game. If he had someone in his ear that knew better this kid might be headed to UNC right now instead of Juco. He reminds me a lot of Ty Lawson. not that talented, but his frame and quickness do.

The only reason he is going Juco is because he waited for Heath to offer and then the coaching change left him with not many major offers. he said in a news interview when asked if arkansas had offered he said not yet but he is waiting. he never intended it to come down to the few medeocre schools that offered so he said for that he would go Juco so he doesent lose a year when the big schools finally realize who he is. I respect the kid a whole lot for not settling for less when his sights are set on one day playing in the NBA.

he is a smart kid with a high act score and would be an asset to bring in as a freshman and learn under coach P. Plus we have the scholarsip to use, and as you saw in the clips in the recruiting forum he is fiere in the open floor.  I for one would be pleased if Coach P offered this kid. he can be an example to other Arkansas kids to stay home and play for the U of A.
Does Coach Pel even know about this kid?  I remember seeing his highlight tap on the recruiting forum and it was just sick how he was breaking down the opposing team.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: HoggyPritchard on May 09, 2007, 05:50:55 pm
Does anyone have a link?
here you go

Offensive skill clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZCaxx0PsDI

Mostly passing skill clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge5YAcj01ls

I personally look more at the passing clips because I a lot of guys can dunk but that ish hes doing to set up his teamates with no looks, behind the back, and alley oop passes you cant teach that. can you see him setting up our guys on the break?

hview

Surely Coach Pel has looked at this kid. I don't understand why no one hasn't offered him a scholarship.
How tall is he?

TRUHOG718

Quote from: hview on May 09, 2007, 10:20:34 pm
Surely Coach Pel has looked at this kid. I don't understand why no one hasn't offered him a scholarship.
How tall is he?

I dont think Coach Pel has seen him because high school bball was over and He's not playing AAU. Plus he is not nationally known so if Pel goes off of his rating without seeing him play he will not know this kid is way underrated due to his school's division and his decision to not play AAu this year. He is 6'1 but he throws it down like hes 6'4. Heath was in on him but I doubt him and coach Pel share recruiting information. iMO if heath was here this could would already be a razorback. Everyones waiting on Jai Lucas to make A decision but Lucas is going to sign with Florida so Ive heard. So why go Juco when you can sign a freshman with a Huge Upside from in state.

PigWig

Clips weren't the greatest I've seen but still pretty impressive. He seems like a good kid. Hope we offer him.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: PigWig on May 10, 2007, 08:53:50 am
Clips weren't the greatest I've seen but still pretty impressive. He seems like a good kid. Hope we offer him.
at this point m not looking for the greatest. But we need a PG. Ervin has played the same way his whole life so I not sold that he is going to change his selfish ways this year or any year. Going into this year with him as our only pg is a scary thought.

slopinhogs

is Michael Sanchez really on everones dream team. i have heard rumors he is not that great. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

BleedsBlue

Quote from: slopinhogs on May 10, 2007, 10:32:12 am
is Michael Sanchez really on everones dream team. i have heard rumors he is not that great. :razorback:
Sanchez before he hurt his knee was ranked higher than Patrick Patterson.  Now that the knee is better (and I heard no surgery was required) his stock is rising quickly.  He opted to prep in 07 originally so he could improve his ranking, but coaches who have seen him play recently including UK think he is ready as an 07 recruit.  If Patterson does not select UK on Tues/Wed of this week look for UK to come hard after him.  However, I think he is UA's to lose at this point.  He will turn out to make someone a very good PF/SF.  UA could use that in 08 after your senior dominated front line graduates.  Sanchez may or may not visit as scheduled to UK this coming weekend.

BleedsBlue

Guys, don't forget that a player can sign scholarship papers the day before the first day of school in the fall.  The spring siging period ends on May 16th for Letters of Intent.  A player does not have to sign a LOI.  He can just enroll in school in the fall.  So if UA is still looking for a PG that can still get one after May 16th just not on a LOI.  ;)

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: BleedsBlue on May 10, 2007, 07:14:42 pm
Guys, don't forget that a player can sign scholarship papers the day before the first day of school in the fall.  The spring siging period ends on May 16th for Letters of Intent.  A player does not have to sign a LOI.  He can just enroll in school in the fall.  So if UA is still looking for a PG that can still get one after May 16th just not on a LOI.  ;)

Great info Double B
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Bomis Hawg

Sanchez = Beverley.
Granted Sanchez was higher rated before.  But, both had an exception end to their season and during the AAU tournaments that shot their stock up.

Both Arkansas landed.