Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

coach Pel Where are you

Started by slopinhogs, April 26, 2007, 01:50:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

slopinhogs

haven't heard a word on him since last week ,or who he is lookig to recruit ,or hire. any rumors out there. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

BartIV

April 26, 2007, 01:52:07 pm #1 Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 01:54:59 pm by BartIV
The rumor is,he wants to stay out of the drama of the football program. Better to keep quiet. thanks woooooo

wooo

Shizzle

www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

Shizzle

I think Coach Pel is doing exactly what he needs to be doing. Appears to me that he has his nose on the ground working hard. I bet he comes up with a couple key recruits in the next couple weeks. That is what a head coach is supposed to do, work hard and do your thing. I am proud to have Coach Pel at Arkansas

The Recruiting Guy

He was at Rotnei Clarke's high school yesterday to watch Rotnei workout and to offer Rotnei.

The Marmot

Staying away from the b.s. and building his team.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

badbrad

The Boar War

I think there have been a number of AAU tournaments.  I believe he was in Philadelphia this past weekend.  Newest rumors include Todd Day or Tony Delk as assistant coaches.  He is apparently looking pretty hard at Michael Sanchez.  Like I said just rumors.  Who knows if theyre true?

Conway Cool Daddy

Have we offered Sanchez a schollie yet?
I thought I read that somewhere.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

moses_007

Quote from: heater on April 26, 2007, 01:58:10 pm
Staying away from the b.s. and building his team.

I suspect he's got a lot of things going on...recruiting...and one more coach to hire...but he is a man of action and I am sure announcements will be forthcoming in the days ahead.

Shizzle

Is it not exciting to have a coach that is busting his butt doing his job. I don't know why but I have complete faith in this guy.

hogsailor

Quote from: Shizzle on April 26, 2007, 03:42:58 pm
Is it not exciting to have a coach that is busting his butt doing his job. I don't know why but I have complete faith in this guy.

Ditto. I hope he proves us right...

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

hogs dont cry

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 26, 2007, 01:58:06 pm
He was at Rotnei Clarke's high school yesterday to watch Rotnei workout and to offer Rotnei.

That's good news.

coach, my back hurts

We have 2 more schollies available for next fall.  Besides Rake, who else are we going after?  I would like for him to get another big man.  Losing 4 or so next yr will tough to replace them all at once.  We have good guards in Welsh and Bev for a few more yrs at least.

bd93

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on April 26, 2007, 09:38:57 pm
We have 2 more schollies available for next fall.  Besides Rake, who else are we going after?  I would like for him to get another big man.  Losing 4 or so next yr will tough to replace them all at once.  We have good guards in Welsh and Bev for a few more yrs at least.

I know for sure that we are going after Sanchez... I have no clue to who else we maybe going after.

I have heard some names though.

Also I know that last weekend Coach P was in Pitt. watching Sanchez.  He had an assistant in Houston watching the Kingwood Classic, and probably watching Clarke and Warren (just a geuss).

So that should tell you where he is.

pignatious

That is what I wanted to hear!!! Awesome! Come on Rotnei, let this be the start of something huge at Arkansas.
Freedom is never free.

mountainhog

Whats the scoop on this rotnei guy? height? averages?  any info? 

pignatious

Quote from: mountainhog on April 26, 2007, 10:34:38 pm

Here's a link:

http://kansas.scout.com/2/638796.html
Freedom is never free.

mountainhog

pignatious

Quote from: mountainhog on April 26, 2007, 10:39:02 pm
Thanks

He has gone over 50 points many times, 40 many more and averaged about 35 a game while shooting around 50%. Best shooter in the nation in next year's class. Phenomenal 3 point shooter.
Freedom is never free.

HogMavFan

Quote from: wooo on April 26, 2007, 01:52:33 pm
and quiet too
Hey wooo. Did you steal my avatar pic or did I steal yours? How long have you had yours?

mountainhog

Is he playing at a large school ?  how about his numbers in aau ball or summer league?
Didnt see any of that info on the link.

pignatious

Verdigris, which is a small school over here close to Tulsa. He will be a star at the next level though. Here's another link. Don't know about AAU stats.

http://tulsaworld.com/sports/sportsextra/stories/oru_sportsxtra.asp?s=070425_2_B1_World11213&sp=bb

Freedom is never free.

moses_007

Quote from: pignatious on April 26, 2007, 10:45:10 pm
Thanks

He has gone over 50 points many times, 40 many more and averaged about 35 a game while shooting around 50%. Best shooter in the nation in next year's class. Phenomenal 3 point shooter.

Wow...great stats...but sounds like Kansas may have best shot at getting him.

pignatious

Quote from: moses_007 on April 26, 2007, 11:03:35 pm
Quote from: pignatious on April 26, 2007, 10:45:10 pm
Thanks

Wow...great stats...but sounds like Kansas may have best shot at getting him.

I think he is still wide open. If anything, ORU might have the best shot with his dad just getting hired there.
Freedom is never free.

The_Bionic_Pig

To answer the original question posted in the subject line he will most likely be in Dallas starting tommorrow to watch that tournament.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hawgsav1

Quote from: mountainhog on April 26, 2007, 10:34:38 pm

How do you know he is looking at Clarke?  I'm not saying he's not, but is there internet info?
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

fu-man-soo

Coach pel is working his butt off

DavidAleshire

I hope you guys are right about Forty Minutes of Pel..........I think if we would've  had a diff coach last year, we would've went farther this year.  The talent was there, let's see if Pel can motivate them and bring in some recruits.....Scout.com is a good site to keep up with recruiting.  First time here, GO HOGS!

jhudson84

JP is currently targeting many players at AAU tourneys in Pitt and TX.  Head over to the recruiting forum to check out a few names including Fred Gulley, Rotnei Clarke, Victor Dubietsky (sp)

wooo

Quote from: HogMavFan on April 26, 2007, 10:47:55 pm
Quote from: wooo on April 26, 2007, 01:52:33 pm
and quiet too
Hey wooo. Did you steal my avatar pic or did I steal yours? How long have you had yours?

me have mine long time.

you thief!

U.P. HOGG

He hasn't quit and gone back the USA has he?   ;D

raydaddy

does coach pel have an e-mail address yet? would like to encourage him.

razorhead94

JP is in Dallas right now watching Warren, Clarke, Rakestraw, Clerance Trent, in an AAu tourney
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

The_Bionic_Pig

He and the asst. coaches will pretty much attend every major AAU event if your ever curious to his where-a-bouts.  He is holding true to his statment of working his butt off.  Even though the coaches can't physically approach the kids, viewing them in the stands makes all the difference in the world.  All you have to do and read future interview's by Richard D and watch how often a recruit mentions see-ing the coach in the stands because most of the contact will be made via the H.S. or AAU coach.   (Text Messenging/Phone Calls)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TMc

He is working his butt off.., sleep well.. he is doing his freakin job.

bd93

Quote from: opineonswine on April 29, 2007, 11:38:45 am
Is anyone as giddy as I am about John Pelphrey?  I like this guy.
I like him. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

mountainhog

I like him too,  but i really thought heath was gonna be great,,  boy was i wrong.
therefore im putting giddy on reserve for a while,( after i see him in action and how the team reacts to him).  It does look like we may have stepped in **** and come out smelling like that flower.

fu-man-soo

i am.  i honestly think he is a perfect fit for us.  welcome back razorback basketball!!!

razorvision

It sounds like he has been busy recruiting.  According to Wally's column, he was at the Pittsburgh Jam last week.  Click here http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/188729/ to read the story.

Go Hogs and Coach Pel!!!!
Visit www.rsgcommunications.ws and save big on digital services for your home or office.

Razors84

I am giddy too, but the reason may be that I just can't keep from comparing him to Dana...  :)

slopinhogs

i likes him a lot myself. just hope things turn out that he is a butt kicker, and name taker with no pencil. if they don't hustle they sit. i wouldn't care who the starting 5 were it would be the ones who wanted it the most and past experience would not mean jack. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Held Hawgstage

He's getting his bust made for the OVER RATED Hall of Fame.

fu-man-soo

Quote from: Held Hawgstage on May 01, 2007, 01:21:52 pm

boy that is a good one, did you think that up on your own?

blueshog2001

Stan, doesn't USF have a message board you can harass??  Wait I can't say that because Stan would have more class than that.

Held Hawgstage

Quote from: blueshog2001 on May 01, 2007, 03:10:29 pm
Stan, doesn't USF have a message board you can harass??  Wait I can't say that because Stan would have more class than that.

You are absolutely correct. Stan had class and the athletic department and some fans did not. He saw how fans easily got their feelings hurt when Nolan (National Championship Coach by the way) voiced some strong opinions and Stan just wanted to coach. He chose to stay classy and people misconstrued that to mean he was PASSIVE. There are some fans like myself who followed his lead and the results, his job was hijacked.

COACHINTEXAS

He is coming to speak at the Dallas Razorback Club tomorrow night. I will return on Tuesday and give details. I really look forward to meeting him.

GO HOGS GO!!!!!
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: COACHINTEXAS on May 07, 2007, 12:50:47 am
He is coming to speak at the Dallas Razorback Club tomorrow night. I will return on Tuesday and give details. I really look forward to meeting him.

GO HOGS GO!!!!!

Thanks in advance coach.