Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nolan Speaks

Started by Squealers, April 08, 2007, 06:40:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Squealers

Channel 5 News blurb shows an upcoming interview tonight at 10pm with Nolan speaking about Heaths firing.  Should be interesting.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

razorhead69

Arazorbackguy1

I wish Mike would make channel 5 quit doing these interviews.  Who cares what he has to say?  People seem to forget the years from 98 - '02.  He sucked at recruiting and hated living in Fayetteville. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

razorhead69

xteri

Like it or not, he knows a lot.

IPig

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 08, 2007, 06:49:42 pm
I wish Mike would make channel 5 quit doing these interviews.  Who cares what he has to say?  People seem to forget the years from 98 - '02.  He sucked at recruiting and hated living in Fayetteville. 

actually, you really have no clue do you?  When he got the axe, he had a great recruiting class coming in Andre Iguodala ring a bell??  As for him hating to live in Fayetteville, you might want to check around, he is still living here.  Nolan's teams were always a blast to watch and you always felt like they were going to be good.

I dont condone the way he went out but the whole, He didnt recruit is about the same as all of the comments of WE WON 10 GAMES BABY.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: MitchM on April 08, 2007, 06:54:32 pm

actually, you really have no clue do you?  When he got the axe, he had a great recruiting class coming in Andre Iguodala ring a bell??  As for him hating to live in Fayetteville, you might want to check around, he is still living here.  Nolan's teams were always a blast to watch and you always felt like they were going to be good.

I dont condone the way he went out but the whole, He didnt recruit is about the same as all of the comments of WE WON 10 GAMES BABY.

Iggy was it buddy!  Joe and JJ sully were the last decent recruits nolan had here.  Besides Iggy, who else did he have?  Huh?  Larry Satchell, Alonzo Lane?  Dionisio?  lol great, great class

Cajun Hog

Why in the heck do we care what Nolan says.......................  Mike don't follow Bo lead with crap reporting.  He had the job until his mouth overloaded his butt and he QUIT recruiting.

razorhead69

Quote from: Hog1961 on April 08, 2007, 07:00:23 pm
Why in the heck do we care what Nolan says.......................  Mike don't follow Bo lead with crap reporting.  He had the job until his mouth overloaded his butt and he QUIT recruiting.

Thats how I see it. 8)

IPig

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 08, 2007, 06:58:41 pm

Okafor i believe had arkansas on top of his list.  Really, would it have mattered who else if Iggy came, he was a program maker.  Between JJ staying and Iggy coming in, it had the makings of a good solid team.

That being said, i agree its time to stop interviewing Nolan.  Just repectfully disagree with your recruiting comments.

Iggy was it buddy!  Joe and JJ sully were the last decent recruits nolan had here.  Besides Iggy, who else did he have?  Huh?  Larry Satchell, Alonzo Lane?  Dionisio?  lol great, great class

hawgsav1

I still want Nolan back
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: MitchM on April 08, 2007, 07:05:35 pm

Okafor i believe had arkansas on top of his list.  Really, would it have mattered who else if Iggy came, he was a program maker.  Between JJ staying and Iggy coming in, it had the makings of a good solid team.

That being said, i agree its time to stop interviewing Nolan.  Just repectfully disagree with your recruiting comments.

What was his record the 2 years before he left?

The Marmot

We really shouldn't care what he has to say. He is obviously going to be biased against JFB and the program. Do you think he would sing our praises if someone came in and returned us to prominence and won a NC?

In fact, I think listening to Nolan is like listening to JFB... they were great in their day, but have run their course and have their own agendas to protect. At least JFB still has some obligation to the UA... Nolan will bash us every chance he gets.

I loved watching his teams back then, and wish it didn't end the way it did... but it did, and I will choose the program over Nolans opinion everyday of the week.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

golfjam

VIVA LA MEXICO!!!!!......
golf
It's Evolution Baby!

Right

Because he is the best coach we have ever had here.  Those arguments you throw out there are tired and lacked credibility to begin with.

Squealers

Maybe he is going on air to announce that he is brokering a deal that will bring Mike Anderson in.
And maybe not.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

toshortrock

let nolan speak,hell,what;s going on up there is a joke anyway,i think we all know we should have kept stan another year,a new coach is going to get a team full of seniors,and win this year,say what u want nolan,it;s been hell around here lately
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

hogwater

bigal

Wheather you want to admit it or not, Nolan is revelant and has great insight to the athletic dept. He has lived this mess.

budcampbellfan

Why do they keep letting this guy rant.  He's nothing but a trouble maker and they are enabling him.  He hurt Stan's recruiting.  He continues to do all he can to hurt the program.  I do have this in common with him - he thinks Broyles should be removed now. 
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

IPig

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 08, 2007, 07:11:56 pm

What was his record the 2 years before he left?

last was 13-14, dont recall the other but im sure its somewhere in the numbers listed below....

Career record of 509-207; won national junior college, NIT and NCAA championships; three Final Fours.

jkelly107

Must be a slow news night to give NR press time I would rather watch figure skating or soccer and that's bad.

worthy

He hated living here...and that's why he still spends most of his time here in NWA, five years later?  And wasn't one of his last leading players a man by the name of Joe Johnson, one of the NBAs leading scorers?  Now I'm not sticking up for Coach Richardson...it was his time to go.  But statements like this are silly.  Richardson still adds to the NWA community and local charities.  On a slow Sunday news day, it makes since to hear some words from a former UA coach.  It's better than hearing Frank spout of his mouth about how he missed the masters and they're in the works of hiring an "outstanding" replacement (which we all know will be another lame mid-major coach yet again). 

HOG71

I miss being called t*rds and redneck s.o.b's

Teebow62

Iggy was NOT definitely coming here. He never said that. It was a possibility, but I believe we were pretty much No. 2 always.

puddlehog

It is just another example of people(channel 5) stirring the pot trying to people to watch their news.  Same crap Wally does trying to get people to think he is a reporter. 

IPig

Quote from: Teebow62 on April 08, 2007, 08:02:44 pm
Iggy was NOT definitely coming here. He never said that. It was a possibility, but I believe we were pretty much No. 2 always.

I accept your apology in advance....

Andre Igoudala

Andre is one of the three players, along with Chris Rodgers and Will Bynum, that Arizona is so fortunate to have on its roster. Andre had a binding Letter Of Intent to play at Arkansas this year and looked to have an inside track at playing time there. But when Nolan Richardson decided to take his own direction, Andre felt his best option was his second choice, Arizona.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=426&p=2&c=73117

vtpig

Quote from: hogwater on April 08, 2007, 07:41:49 pm
Nolan Who?
1994 NCAA National Champions (Only major sport in school history. 1964 doesn't count), 1995 NCAA Runner-up..soldout BWA etc.......

BleedingHogLiberal

Some facts about Nolan:

1) He always wore his passion out in public. That is what made his basketball fun to watch. He was animated and vocal, something we have definitely missed under SH.

2) He faced alot of straight out verbal abuse when he first moved here. My best friend was their neighbor and she heard and saw alot of it firsthand. As we learned to enjoy his different style of ball and he began winning, everyone loved him. (Just as many will love HDN if he wins the BIG ones this next year.)

3) He stayed longer than he should have. He should have left in 97 or 98 under good terms, ensuring that Mike Anderson would have his shot at the position. There is nothing sadder than someone staying in a position once they are burned-out. Their negativity overcomes people's fond memories of days gone by (take note JB!).

4) Much of what he complained about and testified about JB and the overall athletic program's inconsistencies has now played out to repeat itself in the public spotlight.

While I don't think that Nolan's interview will be the most thrilling news tonight, I would rather hear him be interviewed than Rick Pitino or Billy Donavan or whoever happens to be here this weekend for the AAU tournament.

WPS
"Sports do not build character. They reveal it."
- Heywood Broun

JAMAHog

Do we get an Eddie Sutton interview tomorrow night?  Or is it just Nolan because of his controversial nature? 

HairyHog

Will he ever just GO AWAY?

z-pak

Wrong, Okafor had already turned us down before Nolangate.
Gentle Ben...sad

The hairy one can kiss my chicken skin.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: HairyHog on April 08, 2007, 09:07:57 pm

No.

Not one other college or NBA team would touch his radioactive self for all these years.

He is the number one hater of the University of Arkansas in the country.
And he has proved it.

BigfootedHog

Nolan is a racist and I hate a racist

mykidsdad

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on April 08, 2007, 09:12:40 pm
Quote from: HairyHog on April 08, 2007, 09:07:57 pm

No.

Not one other college or NBA team would touch his radioactive self for all these years.

He is the number one hater of the University of Arkansas in the country.
And he has proved it.

First. He has the ONLY National Championship in a Money sport at the U of A. Broyles NEVER won one! Look at the records, Alabama won in 64 not us. Second he is responding to requests from the media to speak. Do you think that he is calling them up asking to tell them what he is thinking? Frank Broyles is a traitor to the state. He hates the U of A and his incompetence is killing the athletic department. He will continue to do so until he is in a pine box. Enjoy the back of the pack in Football and Basketball, because that is where we will be forever because of FRANK!!!!!

HogLard

Who really cares what Nolan has to say ? It is time to forget about Nolan .
He will never coach at a major Div ! school again because of his racist
attitude . He is a great guy and the most charitable man I have ever know but stop bringing him back !

Oklahawg

Nolan shouldn't go away until Frank is out of the picture, UA hoops is mended, and we can honor the good he did by renaming the court at BWA in his honor. Let UA and Nolan make peace--the issue was Frank. Well, enough of the issue for me to blame the old White Haired Devil.

I will always be a Nolan Richardson fan.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Blue35

Put a sock in it Nolan. I am sick and tired your big blabber mouth

CheeZ_PuFF

Yep, time to drop the Nolan train. Next...

Squealers

Well now that it has been reported that John Pelphrey has been selected as our new BB head coach, Nolan will have to be interviewed again to get his take on this hire.

Maybe that will be on tomorrow night.

Arazorbackguy1

Well, he did sign a letter of intent.

mykidsdad

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 08, 2007, 09:34:09 pm

Well, he did sign a letter of intent.

Yes he did. He was an early signee. When coach was fired he was granted a release from the LOI that he had signed by the U of A.

Big_D

Have all you people talking about Nolan completely forgotten the idiot statements he made on national radio. Like " if you are a african american kid and you are on your way to Fayetteville Arkansas, you need to turn that car around and head home". And far worse than that. Stupid things like that get you the head job of the Mexican National Team, for all we know he's proabably cussing us out in Spanish , and we don't even know it.

Please Nolan just shut up and go away. With all the money we paid you.

slopinhogs

he has already said he thought they should have given Heath another year to coach the team he had put together . what more could he say.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Big_D on April 08, 2007, 09:45:07 pm
. With all the money we paid you.

With all the money we paid you for not working but continuing to badmouth us.

Squealers

Quote from: slopinhogs on April 08, 2007, 09:46:40 pm
he has already said he thought they should have given Heath another year to coach the team he had put together . what more could he say.

We will find out in 7 minutes or so....

PiggyBack

Back off of Nolan.
JFB was just as much to blame for the Nolan debacle as Nolan was.
How many of you know what it's like to grow up as a black kid in the 1960's?
How many of you know what it's like to be scrutinized yet watch as HDN gets away with being HDN?
How many of you, if you were in the same position as Nolan was, wouldn't be seething with rage?

I'm not going to excuse Nolan from ALL of his statements.  He did play the race card.  He did say "pay me my money, and I'll leave."  But, how much crap did he have to take from JFB and how much of a double standard did he have to live with between he and Dale.

We may never know.....

All I know is that Nolan took us to three Final Fours, back to back National Championship games.  One National Championship and 3 zebras away from two National Championships.  Oh yeah, Nolan also won an SEC championship.

Let's focus on that, shall we.....
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

selfexplanatory

I wish we could have gotten Okafor.
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

Temprees

Wrong.  Iguodala had all ready signed a Letter of Intent with Arkansas.  He had signed early in November.  Part of that recruiting class was Mukubu, who transferred to UAB, and thrived in Anderson's/Nolan's uptempo style.  Sullivan also was a rugged rebounder, who punched out Darian Townes.  He would have done well in Nolan's system.

jchill

Quote from: selfexplanatory on April 08, 2007, 10:29:55 pm
I wish we could have gotten Okafor.

Nolan would still be the coach today if Okafor would have signed with Hogs.