Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All you Dana Altman lovers, come to the Dinner table, Crow is now served!

Started by Big_D, April 04, 2007, 01:18:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Big_D

For all you Altman lovers, here it goes ..... told you so.

No I didn't want him. For all of you calling us idiots, give him a chance, he'll be great, blah  blah  blah

How do you want that crow, medium or well done. And oh by the way we have a featured Chef from a mid major restaurant cooking for you tonight, say hello to Chef Dana. He will be serving for dessert, pie a la I'm a quitter . With a Blue Jay on top.

The Boar War

After finding out who he was I was beginning to get optimistic about it.  I thought he might be able to do well.  I was wrong!!!!  Bring on the crow.

lilredheadedlady

I just wanted folks to give him a chance.  I think any new coach deserves to be judged based on his actions....

Well, Coach Altman WILL be judged based on his actions.  He committed to something and then failed to follow through.  That's not really impressive in the character department.   Arkansans NOW have a legitimate reason to dislike this man.

I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

HoggusMaximus

Big_D

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on April 04, 2007, 01:26:47 am
did i miss something why is crow being served?

Crow  for all those folks on here aka Drakehog and assorted others calling us idiots, now who looks like the idiots.

Hog in MO

Quote from: Big_D on April 04, 2007, 01:28:47 am
Quote from: HoggusMaximus on April 04, 2007, 01:26:47 am
did i miss something why is crow being served?

Crow  for all those folks on here aka Drakehog and assorted others calling us idiots, now who looks like the idiots.

Dana Altman? 

HoggusMaximus

no no ive been outa town all day and i just now got back but now i see that mr altman decided to go back to the bluejays how fun is that..... i bet stan is laughing his head off.

SPAL

you are an idiot, plain and simple and this post proves it. Nobody is eating crow tonight. I certainly will not. Those who you are pitting against were more than likely telling you to represent yourself and the university with class and have some dignity and support the coach that was hired, instead of crying and whining and calling for him to be fired. That is as classless as this post, so why am i not a bit suprised.

HawgG

Quote from: HoggusMaximusi bet stan is laughing his head off.

I have heard that Stan started smiling when Billy Gillespie turned down the job.

You might be right he was probably rolling on the USF floor with laughter this evening.

JeffSpicoli

I deserve some crow.  In my circle we are already using "altmaned" as a verb.

RedSatinHog

Just as the anger began to subside and I was genuinely ready to give the guy a chance, he pulls THIS crap and goes back to his rinky dink little gig in Omaha.

Good riddance, and bring on Scott Sutton.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

MegatronHOG

Quote from: JeffSpicoli on April 04, 2007, 02:58:04 am
I deserve some crow.  In my circle we are already using "altmaned" as a verb.
altmaned = screwed
you can still use it, just change the meaning

HoopS

I trusted Dana.  I asked that others atleast give him a chance, given that he was ours.   I didn't call anyone an idiot.  I presented facts and threw in a little opinion.  I am sorry if I swayed anyone into believing in this guy. 

If I deserve crow, so be it.  I will have mine hot with a squeeze of lemon, sauteed onions and some garlic mashed potatos please. 

:P

ark30inf

I'm not sure anyone here was an "Altman fan".  Of course you know that. 

I will however promise to join you in calling for the firing of anyone who is hired that is not Rick Pitino.

That is.....after we figure out what Wally Hall was talking about "hands out" and such and if we need to hire a coach at all.

WestMemphisHogFan

My stance was that it was unfair to not like Dana before he even coached one game.  Also, that it was one thing to be angry at the administration, but another to be angry at the coach who accepted the job. 

I still believe that Dana is a great coach, and would have done a great job for the Razorbacks. I do not and WILL NOT back off of that. 

However, I was obviously wrong about him being a great coach for Arkansas in years to come. It won't happen.  So...I have no problem eating crow.

But I sure hope there aren't any Razorbacks celebrating how STUPID the UofA looks nationally because of this. We were already having major public relations problems with Gus, Mitch, Teresa, HDN, emails, etc.  This just added fuel to the fire, and I personally find NOTHING funny, or rewarding about it.  I hope all Hog fans feel the same way.  I am ready for  things to be stablized on the Hill.

Bomis Hawg

How is Dana second-guessing the move a time to eat crow?
He's still a heck of a coach, regardless of him leaving. 
But, congrats to all of him who posted he should go or to fire him.  You got it.
Wonder if he got wind of everyone not wanting a "mid-major" or someone who was at a mid-major for over a dozen years?

Oh, well.  Let's just hire a guy like Grant with his style of offense and suffer the hiccups for two years. 

texhog

Quote from: Tomcat on April 04, 2007, 07:51:14 am
No crow-eating is necessary.  Dana would have stayed if there wasn't a cancer on the Hill...

That's what I was going to stay.  Why do we immediately put all blame on Altman?  There's obviously something wrong with the picture that was painted for him.  I guaran-dam-tee you he didn't back out simply because he got homesick or had a few negative vibe's from the "fans".  He was sold a bill of goods that was all smoke and mirrors.  Whether we will be told I guess time will tell.

Big_D

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 04, 2007, 02:46:27 am
you are an idiot, plain and simple and this post proves it. Nobody is eating crow tonight. I certainly will not. Those who you are pitting against were more than likely telling you to represent yourself and the university with class and have some dignity and support the coach that was hired, instead of crying and whining and calling for him to be fired. That is as classless as this post, so why am i not a bit suprised.

Oh my, like the old saying goes when a sermon is preached. The person who screams the most is the one who got hit by the truth of that sermon. Face it , there's a reason he's been at Creighton for 13 years. Either he's a nut for turning down these "supposedly" bigger offered jobs or he is happy in his own little world of Creighton . He showed us what he wants, by his actions you know he has no desire to...  EVER ...  win  a national championship.

I am done with this guy, I won't put anything else on him or waste my time . He's done , history and I say goodbye and adios. Move on to someone who has ambition.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on April 04, 2007, 01:25:33 am
I just wanted folks to give him a chance.  I think any new coach deserves to be judged based on his actions....

Well, Coach Altman WILL be judged based on his actions.  He committed to something and then failed to follow through.  That's not really impressive in the character department.   Arkansans NOW have a legitimate reason to dislike this man.

Should we dislike all those coaches who declined to take the job too? Floyd, Gillespie, Calipari...wait, we already dislike Calipari because he said some mean stuff about our program 5 or 6 years ago. We are supposed to dislike Nolan too, right?

Let's see, who can we like if we are Hog fans? I don't think our inferiority complex will allow Hog fans to like any coach since none of them like us.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

razorback903

Altman was well respected at Creighton; here we had people calling for his job before he even stepped off the plane.  I don't blame him for leaving, who would want to work at a job where people want you fired before you even begin.  Good job "fans" you got what you wanted.  Now you can take your crow and shove it.
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

ark30inf

Quote from: Big_D on April 04, 2007, 07:57:52 am

Oh my, like the old saying goes when a sermon is preached. The person who screams the most is the one who got hit by the truth of that sermon. Face it , there's a reason he's been at Creighton for 13 years. Either he's a nut for turning down these "supposedly" bigger offered jobs or he is happy in his own little world of Creighton . He showed us what he wants, by his actions you know he has no desire to...  EVER ...  win  a national championship.

I am done with this guy, I won't put anything else on him or waste my time . He's done , history and I say goodbye and adios. Move on to someone who has ambition.

We have problems beyond a coach.....like free-fall........and ambition is not the medicine at this point.

For those wanting Pitino or bust.....I think you are in for some hard years. 

MuttiZuTigern

No crow-eating is necessary.  Dana would have stayed if there wasn't a cancer on the Hill...

+1000
I totally agree on this one! Being fairly new to all the 'politics' of sports and following only the Razorbacks I had no idea who Dana Altman was until we hired him BUT I was willing to give him a chance as our HC. Like many others I still think he could have done G R E A T things here at Arkansas but when you have cancer it kills everything! For now maybe I should just go on a "diet" that doesn't include college sports....that's the only way to avoid the ups and downs we're experiencing here.
It's time for NEW leadership on "The Hill"!

Fire Nutt!

OldArmy94

Altman wasn't the problem.  99% of us will never have the kind of success that he has had at Creighton.  He had a change of heart--be very glad it happened a day into his tenure.  He was smart enough to know where he is loved and where he can carve his own niche of success.

BadHog

Quote from: Big_D on April 04, 2007, 01:18:33 am

No I didn't want him. For all of you calling us idiots, give him a chance, he'll be great, blah  blah  blah

How do you want that crow, medium or well done. And oh by the way we have a featured Chef from a mid major restaurant cooking for you tonight, say hello to Chef Dana. He will be serving for dessert, pie a la I'm a quitter . With a Blue Jay on top.

I don't recall anyone on here being "Altman lovers" or calling people idiots.  Altman is obviously a smarter man than you want to give him credit for - for being able to assess the debacle on the hill in less than 24 hours into his commitment.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

BallHog1

I agree, don't see the need for any crow...now humble pie does look to be on the menu and I'd say its going to be a specialty on the Hill for a while.

The Real Joker

You Altman Sunshine pumpers shouting that "He's the coach and there's nothing you can do about it." Eat up!

Holy City Hog

You don't get it. Altman leaving is the least of our problems. There are some serious allegation being made about the University's Athletic Dept not fully supporting academics, turning the eye at improper behavior by players, knowing of "hand-outs" from boosters, etc.  Hard to believe all of these are just rumors & it speaks to the type of culture embedded within the Dept. 

Coaches will come & go.  The Athletic Dept provides the foundation for on-field success.  Apparently our's has major issues from the top down.  Until those are addressed it doesn't matter who the coaches are.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: The Real Joker on April 04, 2007, 08:19:36 am
You Altman Sunshine pumpers shouting that "He's the coach and there's nothing you can do about it." Eat up!

Glad you'd want this mess over having Altman.

Table Rocker

i support new coach's until they give me reason to do otherwise. so no, i won't eat crow, that doesn't even make any sense for this situation.

cmakrzrbak

Exactly.

You are the idiot, my friend.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

The Real Joker

Look at the bright side, we can now take some time and get a decent coach. Altman was a clown and wouldn't have lasted. But some of you are too hard headed when the experts on this board tell you something, don't stick your fingers in your ears. Altman leaving now is the best thing for the long term.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: The Real Joker on April 04, 2007, 08:28:39 am
Look at the bright side, we can now take some time and get a decent coach. Altman was a clown and wouldn't have lasted. But some of you are too hard headed when the experts on this board tell you something, don't stick your fingers in your ears. Altman leaving now is the best thing for the long term.

Best for the long term?  You mean, with the real deal coming up soon and one recruit SIGNED for next year, him leaving is good?

If Altman, a good coach, leaving is good, I hate to see what the answer is.

The Real Joker

Quote from: Table Rocker on April 04, 2007, 08:28:04 am
i support new coach's until they give me reason to do otherwise. so no, i won't eat crow, that doesn't even make any sense for this situation.

LOL, you Altman leg humper, you'd support a turd if Broyles put a Hogs hat on it.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Who did you tell he was gonna recind and go back to creigton after one day??? 

for the record, I am officially no longer a supporter of altman!  haha. 

Table Rocker

Quote from: The Real Joker on April 04, 2007, 08:28:39 am

by taking our time does that mean we'll have no coach at the real deal on the hill......yeah, good thing we can take our time <yank yank>

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: BallHog1 on April 04, 2007, 08:18:52 am

I agree, don't see the need for any crow...now humble pie does look to be on the menu and I'd say its going to be a specialty on the Hill for a while.
humble pie goes best with a lump of coal and a scotch neat.

Table Rocker

Quote from: The Real Joker on April 04, 2007, 08:30:35 am

LOL, you Altman leg humper, you'd support a turd if Broyles put a Hogs hat on it.

i hate broyles for the record

and you are the reason arkansas fans get made fun of, go play in traffic

Fried

I'm quite new here.  But I'm not sure why anyone in Hogville feels qualified to serve crow to anyone else right now.

I feel like I've dined on nothing but the !@#$ blackbird for about a month now and I haven't boasted about anything.

PLAYBOAR

As if this is all Altman's fault.  Please.  Take a breath.  Our sports program is badly broken. It didn't start with Dana Altman leaving and won't be fixed until things get cleaned up in Fayetteville.
Hey Ref, does your wife know you're screwing us?

kirk

All who are beating your chests over Altman leaving are idiots. I have been as vocal as anyone calling for DMW to be fired - maybe not here but talking to anyone who would listen. Altman is the antithesis of DMW and would have brought class and success to the program. Do you honestly think anyone is going to come here now? Especially a "BIG NAME"? Delusional idiots.

pohaku

Quote from: kirk on April 04, 2007, 08:36:42 am
All who are beating your chests over Altman leaving are idiots. I have been as vocal as anyone calling for DMW to be fired - maybe not here but talking to anyone who would listen. Altman is the antithesis of DMW and would have brought class and success to the program. Do you honestly think anyone is going to come here now? Especially a "BIG NAME"? Delusional idiots.

x10

little pigee

Quote from: The Real Joker on April 04, 2007, 08:19:36 am
I'll take mine tartar, but I would like to see the whole menu.  What did they feed this guy to make him puke?
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

WMHawgfan

No crow for me thanks. If any of what Wally is saying this morning is true I don't blame Dana for going back to Creighton. "Family Reasons" was him doing us a favor to save face for the university. I think he found out he was walking into a cesspool here and wanted no part of it. I have a sinking feeling right now that the NCAA is about to take a long hard look at our Athletics Department. And for those of you saying that Stan must be laughing he won't be doing it for long because they will be coming to see what if any roll he had in it.

The Real Joker

Quote from: Table Rocker on April 04, 2007, 08:33:17 am
Quote from: The Real Joker on April 04, 2007, 08:30:35 am

i hate broyles for the record

and you are the reason arkansas fans get made fun of, go play in traffic

If I recall correctly, and I do, you chided people for calling this a bad hire and saying he wouldn't be around long... looks like you enjoy having egg on your face.

redbug56

this is stupid, you knew nothing about him, you just wanted to whine a little bit.

hawgslop74

Someone pass me a Beer so I can wash it down.
And does anyone have some Vaseline I would like you to share it with everyone here.
Thanks Frank.
>:(

wholehog92

I wasn't pleased Altman was hired to begin with, but I don't believe Altman is problem in this case.  I believe he is a symptom.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Biggus Piggus

You should be asking why he left.  Answer is, he was deceived.  You better keep your crow to yourself.
[CENSORED]!