Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The sun will rise tomorrow, I assure you

Started by HawgAdvocate, March 26, 2007, 11:17:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgAdvocate

March 26, 2007, 11:17:17 pm Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 11:58:11 pm by HawgAdvocate
I'm hearing that everything is progressing as it should be. It's been expected for quite some time that once Heath was officially let go, and the TAMU administration and fans heard about our attempt to take him for our own, that he'd face the usual allotment of backlash, questioning, etc.

Remember this is a man who has made quite a few job changes in his time. He's never stayed anywhere for more than 3 years.

This isn't his first rodeo.

He and his agent have played a willing role in the dismissal of Stan Heath. They've been talking with us for quite some time. Billy knows that if he were to spurn us now, he'd be not only screwing over the UofA, not only would he be screwing over Stan Heath, but he'd be screwing over himself as well.

He put his name in our hat. Any and every AD and NBA GM will know this if it goes bad, especially TAMU. What will it say about his character in the long run if he wines and dines us, only to say thanks but no thanks after costing Heath his job?

Don't forget, the MAIN reason Stan lost his job is due to the fact that we got the thumbs up from Billy Gillisipie that he wants to be our coach. The lost revenue and the disappointing season played a role, but Stan was 100% correct today when he said he felt he should have been able to coach his senior-laden team that he built. It took a mighty big Matza ball to sway John White to okay the dismissal of Heath.

The Arkansas fans just need to be patient for the next 3 days and let this all come to its finale. Billy knew in advance he'd be offered a raise from TAMU. He knew he'd hear from his recruits. He can't just NOT recruit anyone if he knew he was wanting another job. He's leaving TAMU in a great place, much better than where it was before he came.

Don't worry about it. Seriously. It will take a miracle for him to stay at TAMU. And I'm talking Moses part the Red Sea type of miracle. If he was not coming to Arkansas, he'd have made a statement by now saying he wasn't like Pitino did today for Kentucky.

Guess what, he sure hasn't said anything so far has he? Things are progressing just as it was said it would. It will be later in the week before he's formally announced. We have to play the "new hire game:" supposed national search, contract details ironed out, etc etc.

Let the TAMU fans rant and rave. Be proud of the changes being made over the past 4 months. You demanded them, you're getting them.  ;)
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

booogaga

GO HOGS!

Manbearpig

hogsrule44

Pigonometry

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 26, 2007, 11:17:17 pmRemember this is a man who has made quite a few job changes in his time. He's never stayed anywhere for more than 3 years.

That worries me a little bit.  I not only want a coach who will win, I want one who will stick around for a long time while doing it.
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Manbearpig on March 26, 2007, 11:19:37 pm
So we will know for sure tomorow?

Only if Billy decides tomorrow is the day. I personally doubt it though.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Pigonometry on March 26, 2007, 11:20:37 pm
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 26, 2007, 11:17:17 pmRemember this is a man who has made quite a few job changes in his time. He's never stayed anywhere for more than 3 years.

That worries me a little bit.  I not only want a coach who will win, I want one who will stick around for a long time while doing it.

Think of it this way. Nolan made a lot of stops too before he made it to a top 10 program like we have. You gotta stay hungry and work your way up. It just took Billy a little longer than most. He took a few extra high school and JUCO jobs. No biggie.

hview

Manbearpig

If he has already agreed to terms why is he drawing this out? 

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

pneaville

makes a lot of sense.

i fully believe that the administration, with the black eyes they've had lately, wouldn't have made a move without seeing it through.  they have something lined up--and all signs point to BG.  I can wait it out for one or two more days.  I also agree about the denial---BG hasn't been seen or heard for the last couple days, not a good sign for TA&M.  BUT---would UK be the fly in our ointment????  Thats what scares me more than anything...

God is a Razorback

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Manbearpig on March 26, 2007, 11:22:45 pm
If he has already agreed to terms why is he drawing this out? 

Have you ever seen these contracts? They aren't whipped up in a matter of hours. This is a life-altering change for him. He has a lot of responsibilities and loose-ends he has to tie up before he can stand in front of a podium and wave goodbye to TAMU.

Remember, they've treated him like a super hero at TAMU. He's going to respect their wish for him to hear and consider their offer. He owes them that much. After all, they gave him the opportunity to coach in a major conference.

He's not going to disrespect them at a time like this.

IronHog

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 26, 2007, 11:17:17 pm
I'm hearing that everything is progressing as it should be. It's been expected for quite some time that once Heath was officially let go, and the TAMU administration and fans heard about our attempt to take him for our own, that he'd face the usual allotment of backlash, questioning, etc.

Remember this is a man who has made quite a few job changes in his time. He's never stayed anywhere for more than 3 years.

He and his agent have played a willing role in the dismissal of Stan Heath. They've been talking with us for quite some time. Billy knows that if were to spurn us now, he'd be not only screwing over the UofA, not only would he be screwing over Stan Heath, but he'd be screwing over himself as well.

He put his name in our hat. Any and every AD and NBA GM will know this if it goes bad, especially TAMU. What will it say about his character in the long run if he wines and dines us, only to say thanks but no thanks after costing Heath his job?

Don't forget, the MAIN reason Stan lost his job is due to the fact that we got the thumbs up from Billy Gillisipie that he wants to be our coach. The lost revenue and the dissapointing season played a role, but Stan was 100% correct today when he said he felt he should have been able to coach his senior-laden team that he built. It took a mighty big Matza ball to sway John White to okay the dismissal of Heath.

The Arkansas fans just need to be patient for the next 3 days and let this all come to its finale. Billy knew in advance he'd be offered a raise from TAMU. He knew he'd hear from his recruits. He can't just NOT recruit anyone if he knew he was wanting another job. He's leaving TAMU in a great place, much better than where it was before he came.

Don't worry about it. Seriously. It will take a miracle for him to stay at TAMU. And I'm talking Moses part the Red Sea type of miracle. If he was not coming to Arkansas, he'd have made a statement by now saying he wasn't like Pitino did today for Kentucky.

Guess what, he sure hasn't said anything so far has he? Things are progressing just as it was said it would. It will be later in the week before he's formally announced. We have to play the "new hire game:" supposed national search, contract details ironed out, etc etc.

Let the TAMU fans rant and rave. Be proud of the changes being made over the past 4 months. You demanded them, you're getting them.  ;)

That sounds about right.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

jamie72921

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 26, 2007, 11:22:01 pm
Quote from: Pigonometry on March 26, 2007, 11:20:37 pm

Think of it this way. Nolan made a lot of stops too before he made it to a top 10 program like we have. You gotta stay hungry and work your way up. It just took Billy a little longer than most. He took a few extra high school and JUCO jobs. No biggie.

Nolan coached in highschool, 1 Juco, and Tulsa before coming to Arkansas.

Hardly the same, though I agree with your point that people shouldn't sweat it. It's not like he's been pulling a Larry Brown or something.
Bless your heart

Manbearpig

My friends at a&m said they already gave him their offer.  They just have to wait for the Board of regents to approve it, which they say is just a formality.  So if I can believe them, and I have no reason not to, they gave me good info when they got franchione from bama, I am getting worried.  I will be much  more relieved if there is a press conference tomorrow rather than later.  They said the contract a&m has up is for 3 mil a year after incentives.   Since nobody is giving their sources it is hard to know what is actually on the up and up and what is just hopeful on either side.  

HawgAdvocate

Nolan coached in highschool, 1 Juco, and Tulsa before coming to Arkansas.

Ok, ya got me there. Honestly though, of all the positions he's held, the only ones really worth mentioning for Billy are:

Recruiting coordinator for Illinois
Head Coach at UTEP
Head Coach at TAMU

Any of those 3 look like legacy makers in the eyes of college basketball?

moses_007

So HawgAdvocate, are you saying here that BG came to Arkansas and actually ASKED TO BE OUR COACH?????
That is a strange turn of events for sure.  How long ago did he do this?  I can't actually seeing Broyles firing Heath just because BG wants to be the head hog.  There better be a lot more to it than that or Nolan's lawsuit would look like kindergarden stuff when compared to Heath's suit.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

IronHog

Quote from: Manbearpig on March 26, 2007, 11:31:45 pm
My friends at a&m said they already gave him their offer.  They just have to wait for the Board of regents to approve it, which they say is just a formality.  So if I can believe them, and I have no reason not to, they gave me good info when they got franchione from bama, I am getting worried.  I will be much  more relieved if there is a press conference tomorrow rather than later.  They said the contract a&m has up is for 3 mil a year after incentives.   Since nobody is giving their sources it is hard to know what is actually on the up and up and what is just hopeful on either side.  

Here is the deal.  JFB may be way past his prime, but you just do not crawfish on a man with the connections that he has.  The job market for a coach can change rapidly and I would guess JFB does not quickly forget.  You may flirt with someone else for money, but JFB does not play those games.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Manbearpig on March 26, 2007, 11:31:45 pm

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm sure he's known for quite some time that TAMU was going to offer a nice raise. After Indiana came calling last year, amongst other schools, it should have been known then and there that money isn't going to be an issue for him.

At the end of the day though, all these sources from both sides are just voices that repeat what Billy and his agent want us to hear. It's up to Billy to decide if this is what he really wants.

Who knows? he could have some life-altering dream tonight that changes everything. All we can go on is the hearsay, the statements from those directly involved, and common sense.

At the end of the week, someone will have a head coach, and someone else won't. Regardless, the sun will come up in both Texas and Arkansas.

Porkem

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: moses_007 on March 26, 2007, 11:35:24 pm
So HawgAdvocate, are you saying here that BG came to Arkansas and actually ASKED TO BE OUR COACH?????
That is a strange turn of events for sure.  How long ago did he do this?  I can't actually seeing Broyles firing Heath just because BG wants to be the head hog.  There better be a lot more to it than that or Nolan's lawsuit would look like kindergarden stuff when compared to Heath's suit.

No, I'm not saying he asked. I'm saying he expressed enough of an interest that we moved mountains to accomodate him.

Manbearpig

Thanks advocate.  Lets just hope we get our press conference sooner rather than later.  The longer this goes on the less confident I am that we get gillispie.  Just my feeling on it. 

heythad

I'm an Aggie, but I'm not here to flame. I know some of my fellow Aggies are beyond skeptical about all of this, but I recognize it's a very real possibility and can understand BCG's rationale if he makes the move. I can also see why he'd stay here. That may seem improbable to you guys, but I'm certain he's much more interested in the present and future than in history. We can't compete with your history, but that legacy hasn't prevented us from winning three tournament games the last two years and being two points shy of two more. Again - that's not meant to dispute the quality of your program. I just think our present and future on the court is more comparable than most Hog fans seem to be sensing. At the same time, I think your current attendance and facilities will be a significant factor in BCG's decision if he goes. We're on our way there in both areas, but you're ahead of us today. Anyway, I just hope folks on both sides can rationally accept the decision which ever way it goes. Both programs have a lot of potential for national success in the years to come.

A few thoughts...

- I don't doubt you're confident in your sources, and I have no desire to persuade you that they might be wrong. However, there are reliable sources on this end indicating that this is far from a done deal and disputing the story that BCG in some way green-lighted Heath's firing. I do know that the Arkansas AD did not contact the A&M AD on Monday. That seems a bit odd if things are moving so quickly, but I expect that call will come Tuesday. I'm confident we'll know which way this one is going no later than Thursday, probably sooner.

- Gillispie's silence may be because he's leaving, but there is another explanation. I know firsthand that he has a personal policy of not commenting on any speculation until/unless official contact is made between the ADs. Again, that doesn't mean he's staying, but him not speaking so far doesn't mean he's leaving either. It just means he doesn't comment to the media on situations that have no official status.

- I can't fathom that UofA and Broyles would take a gamble like what has been described here on anyone other than a Coach K or Pitino type given the recent history in the AD up there. Between the Nolan mess and Springdale-gate, the department can hardly afford to be caught with its pants down in firing a character guy like Heath primarily on faith that they'll land BCG. If the story about BCG "participating" in Heath's firing is true (and you'll have to forgive me for believing that's a big if,) I think it reflects poorly on Billy no matter what he decides. I don't dispute that. However, I can't imagine an uglier moment than Broyles and company left holding the bag on that deal and trying to blame Gillispie for it, publicly or privately. Given all that's gone on up there, they will be the ones taking the heat for it, not Billy. Contracts exist for a reason, and firing your coach before you have the one you want under contract is the administration's call. Right or wrong, no one in the media or outside of the Arkansas fan base will blame Billy. They'll blame the Arkansas AD.

freethechief

He's not leaving A&M.  I'm not an Aggie or a Hog, but a realist.  There's nothing to be gained going to Arkansas.  Texas high school basketball is on a crazy climb upwards, and Billy G is in the middle of it.  He can stay at TAMU, get the Love, the recruits, and the money, without passing Texarkana.

HawgAdvocate

March 27, 2007, 12:08:51 am #24 Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 12:13:25 am by HawgAdvocate
I need to clarify something..don't read this thread and come away thinking that Billy had any intention of costing Stan his job. Removing Stan from his position is the responsibility of John White and Frank Broyles.

One of, if not THE major factor in the decision to release Stan, was the level of interest the Arkansas administration received from Billy G and/or Bill Self. Billy G maintained his intense interest in the job if it came open. Bill Self talked a little bit, but after his team performed as it did at the end of the year, he distanced himself from Arkansas.

If Frank Broyles and John White felt for one second they couldn't hire Billy, Stan would still be here. John and Frank are the ones rolling the dice. Nothing is final until the ink is dry on the contract. This has been in play for more than a few weeks.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: freethechief on March 27, 2007, 12:08:11 am
He's not leaving A&M.  I'm not an Aggie or a Hog, but a realist.  There's nothing to be gained going to Arkansas.  Texas high school basketball is on a crazy climb upwards, and Billy G is in the middle of it.  He can stay at TAMU, get the Love, the recruits, and the money, without passing Texarkana.

Memphis and Tulsa high school basketball were on the come up too when Nolan scooped Lee Mayberry, Todd Day, Corey Beck, Clint McDaniel, Dwight Stewart, Ron Huery, and many others to help make his legacy at Arkansas.

heythad

QuoteI need to clarify something..don't read this thread and come away thinking that Billy had any intention of costing Stan his job.

You might want to clarify that with an edit to your original post. This:
QuoteHe and his agent have played a willing role in the dismissal of Stan Heath. They've been talking with us for quite some time. Billy knows that if he were to spurn us now, he'd be not only screwing over the UofA, not only would he be screwing over Stan Heath, but he'd be screwing over himself as well.

...certainly allows for easy inference that he intended to cost Heath his job.

HawgAdvocate

March 27, 2007, 12:19:09 am #27 Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 12:21:07 am by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: heythad on March 27, 2007, 12:16:33 am
QuoteI need to clarify something..don't read this thread and come away thinking that Billy had any intention of costing Stan his job.

QuoteHe and his agent have played a willing role in the dismissal of Stan Heath. They've been talking with us for quite some time. Billy knows that if he were to spurn us now, he'd be not only screwing over the UofA, not only would he be screwing over Stan Heath, but he'd be screwing over himself as well.

No, I don't need to edit anything. If Billy wants the job, Stan has to be let go first. There can be no offer if there is no opening. If Billy didn't want the job, he would have told Arkansas officials before Heath was let go. But his intention in all this was not to force Stan out.

No matter what Billy wants, Broyles and White have to make the call as to whether they cut Heath and make a move to a new coach. Billy doesn't run the U of A Athletic Department.

There's a big difference in what you're wanting me to say, and what I'm saying.

heythad

I'm not wanting you to say anything. You said he played a willing role in Heath's firing and that he screwed him over if he doesn't take the gig. I'm not sure how that doesn't imply intention to the outcome. I'm really not trying to pick a fight. That's just how I read it. No big deal. I think we mostly agree on the main point -- responsibility will rest with the Arkansas administration if this doesn't go as planned. Billy may be perceived as a worm, but it was ultimately Broyles and White decided to fire Stan. Unless I'm missing something, even the strongest reliable stories don't claim BCG gave anyone his word that he was definitely coming. Saying, "I'd be interested if the job was open" is notably different than saying, "Can Stan and I'll call Mayflower." And I acknowledge that none of us know the precise nature of whatever communication has occurred. I'm mostly just operating on your premises.

Pork Twain

March 27, 2007, 12:30:40 am #29 Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 12:35:36 am by BeoPig
When did BG ever say he wanted to be our coach and how did he have anything to do with Stan losing his job?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ZagsElite

Quote from: heythad on March 27, 2007, 12:16:33 am

wow pwned on your own board, it will be funny to revisit this thread in a few days when all this implodes on you

rowdy1

Zags, that's what they were saying yesterday too before Stan was let go....It's already a done deal!  And you will see it all too soon as a fact!!
Stop bitching! Don't believe everything you read.  Do the research!  Believe in the Hogs~

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: heythad on March 27, 2007, 12:27:46 am
I'm not wanting you to say anything. You said he played a willing role in Heath's firing and that he screwed him over if he doesn't take the gig. I'm not sure how that doesn't imply intention to the outcome. I'm really not trying to pick a fight. That's just how I read it. No big deal. I think we mostly agree on the main point -- responsibility will rest with the Arkansas administration if this doesn't go as planned. Billy may be perceived as a worm, but it was ultimately Broyles and White decided to fire Stan. Unless I'm missing something, even the strongest reliable stories don't claim BCG gave anyone his word that he was definitely coming. Saying, "I'd be interested if the job was open" is notably different than saying, "Can Stan and I'll call Mayflower." And I acknowledge that none of us know the precise nature of whatever communication has occurred. I'm mostly just operating on your premises.

Do you think for one second that Billy's goal in all this was to cost Stan his job, only then to stay with TAMU?

Because that's what you're trying to imply by attempting to twist my words. I don't know how else to spell it out for you.

Billy is definetly a player in the grand scheme of things. He's playing ball with Arkansas officials. You can't make an omlet without breaking a few eggs. It was up to Frank and John to decide if they should take the chance of letting Stan go in order to further pursue Billy. Without an opening, there is no offer.

That's all I'm going to say about it.

rowdy1

Better listen to the "Advocate" he knows!!!
Stop bitching! Don't believe everything you read.  Do the research!  Believe in the Hogs~

rowdy1

ZagsElite

yea great great, I'll see you guys in a few days, try not to lose much sleep, you'll need it

HawgAdvocate

wow pwned on your own board, it will be funny to revisit this thread in a few days when all this implodes on you

Anyone who uses the word "pwned" needs to be in bed asleep right now so as to not miss the school bus tomorrow.

ZagsElite

QuoteBilly knows that if he were to spurn us now, he'd be not only screwing over the UofA, not only would he be screwing over Stan Heath, but he'd be screwing over himself as well.

wow that is just classic, boy I really really hope no one gets screwed over, what a joke

heythad

March 27, 2007, 01:07:05 am #38 Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 01:10:03 am by heythad
One more, and I'll leave it alone too.
QuoteDo you think for one second that Billy's goal in all this was to cost Stan his job, only then to stay with TAMU?

Because that's what you're trying to imply by attempting to twist my words. I don't know how else to spell it out for you.

To be fair, I'm not convinced your side of the story reflects the whole story, so no, I don't think it was Billy's intent to cost Stan his job at all. I hesitate to say that because, again, I'm not trying to start a war over whose sources are more accurate. That's pointless. I'm just answering your question. As I said, I'm using your premises -- that Billy actively participated in Heath's firing and that he would be screwing Stan if he backed out now. I'm not trying to twist your words. In fact my original point was to simply point out, because you decided you needed to clarify that Billy didn't intend to cost Stan his job, what it was about your original post that led me to make the remarks I made. I'm not trying to ascribe meaning to you. I'm simply pointing out that the phrasing you used can easily be read to indicate something you're telling us you weren't trying to communicate. I'm glad you didn't mean that. You were the one who felt the need to clarify, and I know enough about internet forums to know that over 50% of the people who visit this thread will read your first post and not much further (certainly not to page 2 where your clarification was posted). I wasn't trying to play hall monitor. I was simply clarifying myself what it was in your original post that left that impression. If all Billy said was, "If there's an opening at Arkansas, I'd listen," I don't think he did anything to screw Stan or anyone else. If he said something like or north of "If you'll create an opening, there's a good chance I'll come," that changes things a bit and, as I said before, I'll be the first to say I'd be disappointed to hear Billy worked this that way (and I'm a big fan and hope he stays put). That difference is why I think the way this has been explained matters. Again, no big deal and I'm happy to let it lie if you are.

I'll say again that I didn't venture over here to start any wars. My Dad (and his whole side of the family) and an old friend are Arkansas natives and Hog fans. My brother went to high school with Jacob Skinner. I've never had any trouble rooting for you guys against everyone but A&M, and certainly against the 'horns. I just stopped in to see what was being discussed here and to try and have a little healthy conversation about the situation.

One other bit of news that you may or may not have seen: Pat Foster is a good friend of BCG's and he was interviewed on a Houston TV station tonight. He said Billy is happy at A&M and won't be going to Arkansas. It's not clear whether he was speaking with Billy's approval, and I don't know how connected he is to what's happening in Fayetteville these days. I'm certainly not claiming that as the final word in this. I just thought it was interesting given his close connections to BCG and his history with Arkansas.

ZagsElite

Don't worry about it. Seriously. It will take a miracle for him to stay at TAMU. And I'm talking Moses part the Red Sea type of miracle.

AND MOSES STRETCHED OUT HIS HAND OVER THE SEA; AND THE LORD CAUSED THE SEA TO GO BACK BY A STRONG EAST WIND ALL THAT NIGHT, AND MADE THE SEA DRY LAND, AND THE WATERS WERE DIVIDED.

RazorRaider

He and his agent have played a willing role in the dismissal of Stan Heath. They've been talking with us for quite some time. Billy knows that if he were to spurn us now, he'd be not only screwing over the UofA, not only would he be screwing over Stan Heath, but he'd be screwing over himself as well.

Don't forget, the MAIN reason Stan lost his job is due to the fact that we got the thumbs up from Billy Gillisipie that he wants to be our coach. The lost revenue and the disappointing season played a role, but Stan was 100% correct today when he said he felt he should have been able to coach his senior-laden team that he built. It took a mighty big Matza ball to sway John White to okay the dismissal of Heath.

It is a shame there aren't any changes being made with the football team.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

ZagsElite

where is HawgAdvocate? I need him to guarantee that UA is signing away Mark Few, just to put me at ease

biggiepiggie

Pat Foster has NEVER been considered for the Arkansas job.
It's just sour grapes as far as I'm concerned.

RiteRev

Appears that HawgAdvocate was not correct.......BG staying an Aggie!!!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: ZagsElite on March 28, 2007, 11:59:43 am
where is HawgAdvocate? I need him to guarantee that UA is signing away Mark Few, just to put me at ease

Heh, well, at the level that some folks are flipping out, I dare not risk them flip out over something that means little in the grand scheme of things. But, then again, I never guaranteed anything either.

ZagsElite

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 28, 2007, 12:20:16 pm

Don't worry about it. Seriously. It will take a miracle for him to stay at TAMU. And I'm talking Moses part the Red Sea type of miracle.

really, that sounds almost like a guarantee to me

hoginsanfran

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 28, 2007, 12:20:16 pm
Quote from: ZagsElite on March 28, 2007, 11:59:43 am

Heh, well, at the level that some folks are flipping out, I dare not risk them flip out over something that means little in the grand scheme of things. But, then again, I never guaranteed anything either.

so what's the latest word?

hogfaninbr

Quote from: ZagsElite on March 28, 2007, 11:45:53 am

AND MOSES STRETCHED OUT HIS HAND OVER THE SEA; AND THE LORD CAUSED THE SEA TO GO BACK BY A STRONG EAST WIND ALL THAT NIGHT, AND MADE THE SEA DRY LAND, AND THE WATERS WERE DIVIDED.

Why don't we wait for moses to say something before going on the word of an aggie homer columnist.

ZagsElite

yea guess I shouldn't hold back on that MIRACLE

DTA38

All this talk about  BCG's agent is pointless.  The man doesnt even have an agent.  He negotiates all his own deals.