Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vincent Hunter's Comments

Started by Hank351, March 26, 2007, 08:06:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank351

Sorry if its been posted but I couldn't find it anywhere.  What did the kid say?  Something about glad Stan's gone...And he looks forward to a new start.

booogaga

it was obvious there was a problem. i will be curious how many other players current and old come out of the woodwork.
GO HOGS!

Hank351

Ervin acted like he was very unhappy about it.

razorback121

He basically said that he wasn't sad to hear Stan was gone.  When asked why, his response was that he thought he should have gotten more playing time this year.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Hunter should consider transfering to another university!
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

ArkieBrat

Hunter should have realized a long time ago that a player has to earn his playing time.
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

booogaga

who cares. what i want to know is if patrick beverly is staying or not
GO HOGS!

3kgthog

Vincent Hunter = a poor man's Larry Satchell.

Ervin should be unhappy. Once a real coach gets here Ervin's days of being our main PG are likely over. Hello Stefan Welsh.

At least I hope that'll happen.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: razorback121 on March 26, 2007, 08:12:47 pm
He basically said that he wasn't sad to hear Stan was gone.  When asked why, his response was that he thought he should have gotten more playing time this year.
Hunter might need to learn how to play D-I basketball, then he will see more playing time.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

laark

IMO..........Hill will benefit the most if BG comes

Hawgndaaz

Hunter is a perferct example of what Nolan left us with...

NO OTHER CHOICE than to give guys like him scholarships.

towneofbeverlyhills

hank351 what's ur problem...why are wanting to make v hunt look like a bad guy? not cool

brooks74

Quote from: booogaga on March 26, 2007, 08:32:03 pm
who cares. what i want to know is if patrick beverly is staying or not

Exactly.  The key to our success next year is if Bev, Welsh, and Washington stay!

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: towneofbeverlyhills on March 26, 2007, 08:40:26 pm
hank351 what's ur problem...why are wanting to make v hunt look like a bad guy? not cool

i know hank and i'll answer for him. the guy has a bad attitude on and off the floor, he can't play defense without taking his opponent to the floor, and to make up for it he isn't very good.

Houston h

Who gives a stuff what Hunter says or thinks?  He is a below average player on a subpar team!  Good riddance brotha!

elkhog

Wow.  Another player actually griping about playing time!  Did this actually come out of his OWN mouth?  Just want to make sure here.  Lets get the story straight right now. 
GO HOGS!!!

Hoop

The kid is lucky he even got a damn scholorship!
Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

edmo

He had offers from Tenn, Miss St and Oak St. and decided to stay at home when he could have gone elsewhere. We need to stop talking trash about a kid that stayed instate.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Hank351 on March 26, 2007, 08:12:14 pm

He knows a new coach wont take his Bullish. And theres a young man named Bush coming in to run this team next year.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: edmo on March 26, 2007, 09:00:04 pm
He had offers from Tenn, Miss St and Oak St. and decided to stay at home when he could have gone elsewhere. We need to stop talking trash about a kid that stayed instate.

That would have been the best snub ever.

BartIV

Fox 16 just said he did say he was glad Stan was gone. Will this hurt him in Arkansas now?

weresoclose

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 26, 2007, 08:32:47 pm

Ervin should be unhappy. Once a real coach gets here Ervin's days of being our main PG are likely over. Hello Stefan Welsh.

Great post all the way around.  Poor man's Larry S., ha!  

Irvin needs to realize that if he waits till 5 sec left on shot/game clock to make a move, then takes a Kareem Reed-like jack in the middle of 4 defenders, he's gonna be watching SW and whatever point we get next year soak up his face time.  Quality point play was lacking all season, but it won't be next year.  

GO HOGS

BigHog396

Vincent Hunter really needs to get a clue.  He was about a half step above our walk-on's, and got much more playing time than he deserved this season.  He may be the single reason that Stan Heath lost his job.

If Heath had played Washington more, earlier in the season, he may have progressed much more quickly.  If Washington had shown up earlier in the season, we may not have lost a number of games where Hunter came in and had 4 turnovers and 4 fouls in 4 minutes of play.  He may be the single most worthless use of a scholarship in U of A history.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

You've got to be kidding me....that guy doesn't even deserve to be playing Division 1 basketball.  He should feel lucky that he saw the court at all this year.  What a joke....my opinion of Vincent Hunter is now in concrete.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogblade

lay off Vincent Hunter, Most people here are glad Stan is gone too. Vincent is a Razorback player and unless you heard it for yourself, don't take a poster's word on what he said. Vincent has his moments, and possibly he thinks he didn't receiving the proper coaching. Like someone else said, he was recruited by big schools, and he does have talent.
Come on, he didn't come out and support Nutt or anything.

BigHog396

Quote from: hogblade on March 26, 2007, 10:09:37 pm
lay off Vincent Hunter, Most people here are glad Stan is gone too. Vincent is a Razorback player and unless you heard it for yourself, don't take a poster's word on what he said. Vincent has his moments, and possibly he thinks he didn't receiving the proper coaching. Like someone else said, he was recruited by big schools, and he does have talent.
The idiot said it during an interview that was shown on the local Fox station.  It's one thing for fans to want the coach gone, but it is a classless move for a player to make comments like Hunter made.  Those comments should make it a pretty easy decision for our next coach to pull his scholarship and send his lazy butt down the road.

Boarcephus

paper said PB is still in Chicago but plans on finishing out the semester but said nothing about after that.  Not sure how to read that.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Conway Cool Daddy

Vincent needs to take his game elsewhere. Stan shouldn't have even let him have the minutes that he got this year.

I think it's time for VH to move along......

Tone

VH quit on Stan.  That means he has no heart.  I would rather have of player with little talent and  great heart than great talent and little heart.  I would be interested in hearing from Townes. 

scrooge245

Quote from: hogblade on March 26, 2007, 10:09:37 pm

I saw the interview, and all that I could think while watching was "Damn, V-Hunt is completely classless."  He didn't deserve more playing time, in fact, one of the things that really pissed me off about Stan was his crazy substitutions, including putting Vincent Hunter in the game.  He has been awful since he blew his shoulder out twice. 

boomo26

I could not believe what VH said.  At the very least, say I am going to miss him he was a good father figure like Erving said.  Then without the camera in your face say I am glad he is gone. 
I will make a prediction, VH may see the floor next year and the minute he does he will be bood off of it.

Boomo

Big_D

Who cares what Lope Dog wants, he's terrible. In fact if BG comes he will get -0 minutes, that joke of a uniform getup he wears will never touch the floor. Can somebody please tell him to not embarass us with that getup he wears every game.

Ish O

Hunter was under used. He's not a 20 min per game player but a big man shooting threes will always bring other big men out of the lane to have to guard them. If he'd have played 7-10 min a game that would have opened up more opportunities for Weems, Beverly, etc to have open space to drive the lane.

HeathWimp

Too bad Hunter can't transfer  - he will be a 5-th year senior next year.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

GBPackerFan

March 27, 2007, 08:12:32 am #35 Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 08:14:08 am by GBPackerFan
I can't wait till next season when he gets booed off the court.  What are you thinking Hunter?  You are a twig out there that gets knocked around way too easily.  Your only benefit is that you can shoot above average for a big man.  Not much more than that.  You obviously think way too highly of yourself as a basketball player.  Why on earth would you think that you should be getting playing time over Thomas, Hill, and Townes? 

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 26, 2007, 08:32:47 pm

Ervin started out shakey, but he was our most consistant player at the end of the year.  I like Welsh too.  But no reason to dog on Ervin, he's who got us to the Tourney.

sihog

Quote from: booogaga on March 26, 2007, 08:11:20 pm
it was obvious there was a problem. i will be curious how many other players current and old come out of the woodwork.
The kids should not have made those comments, Hunter is mad because of his playing time, which I would agree he needs on the bench he is not that good.
GO HOGS GO

Hammerhead Hog

I saw what he said on channel 7 news last night and my immediate reaction was he should never play another minute for the U of A basketball team. He said he deserved more playing time, he said there was no way he should have gotten zero minutes a game at the end of the season. He also said I could care less if they fired him. That's part of the problem with this team and why Stan needed to go. The players didn't care!!

little pigee

"Whatever" was the quote I read.  The new coach can repeat it when he asks about playing time. 
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

hogsanity

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on March 27, 2007, 07:26:26 am
Vincent needs to take his game elsewhere. Stan shouldn't have even let him have the minutes that he got this year.

I think it's time for VH to move along......

Vincent has a game?  Thats news to me. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

pigmania

Quote from: PBD on March 26, 2007, 08:32:59 pm
Hunter might need to learn how to play D-I basketball, then he will see more playing time.
Exactly, He didn't show anything when he did get a chance to play. IMO he is dead weight on this team.

Rhog

VH is as classless as he is a bad player.  Who does he think he should be playing over Hill, Townes, Thomas, Washington, come on VH we will welcome the day your scholarship is available for another player.

ark8302

Hunter needs to realize playing time is earned.  I would guess that his slouchy demeanor on TV last night is a pretty good indicator of his work ethic in practice.  He has made no progress since he has been here and needs to look in the mirror for the root of his issues.  Look at guys like Washington & Welsh.  They did make progress over the year and were primary contributors late in the season.  Hunter has never come close to making the same contributions.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: Hank351 on March 26, 2007, 08:06:26 pm
Sorry if its been posted but I couldn't find it anywhere.  What did the kid say?  Something about glad Stan's gone...And he looks forward to a new start.
Why do we care about what Hunter thinks? He's no Beverly or Weems.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

GolfnHog

hey, let VH stay! If we are lucky/forunate enough to get a BG type coach, he'll leave before the season starts. He doesn't have the mental or physical fortitude to survive a BG camp. BG is a taskmaster and a leader. If the players buy in, they will be awesome team to be a fan of. If they don't, they'll be looking for a D2 school to attend. Stan Heath deserved better than VH's comments, but what does a "wannabe" bb player know about life and working one's ass off to be the best?
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

oldman1015

Quote from: Lard O Mercy on March 27, 2007, 09:23:05 am
Quote from: HeathWimp on March 27, 2007, 09:22:27 am
Fire Vincent Hunter!
I'll give you +1 for that comment.
his comment shows what has been wrong on this team for five years.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Blevohog24

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on March 26, 2007, 09:04:34 pm

He knows a new coach wont take his Bullish. And theres a young man named Bush coming in to run this team next year.

Why would Bush still be coming to Fayetteville, when the coach who recruited him just got fired?

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Blevohog24 on March 27, 2007, 09:28:02 am
Quote from: TRUHOG718 on March 26, 2007, 09:04:34 pm

Why would Bush still be coming to Fayetteville, when the coach who recruited him just got fired?

Because were getting a better coach thats why. He's even better off now than he was when he was recruited.