Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I stand corrected boys....stay patient and wait til next week...

Started by Merle Hawggard, March 24, 2007, 12:39:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogchick

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on March 24, 2007, 02:17:39 pm
Quote from: Hogchick on March 24, 2007, 01:53:19 pm
Quote from: Merle Hawggard on March 24, 2007, 01:27:54 pm
Quote from: steefhog on March 24, 2007, 01:24:57 pm
Quote from: Merle Hawggard on March 24, 2007, 12:45:23 pm
just keep this tread handy...remember who told ya.

No disrespect sir, you sound sincere, excited and in agreement with my own hopes.

But you arent the first, which is kinda the point. On this board, we're past 'the boy who cried wolf', past 'believe it when I see it'...

...right into...

'Yeah, right.'

im not looking for credit...just looking for them to get gone! i understand your point though.

But you were looking for credit. 

Look at me, look at me.  I have a source and he says something big is about to happen.....

the guy is jut relaying info that he has with other fans.

go love the nutt at the hugger board

KMA!

Merle Hawggard

sorry bout that delay...had to work right quick...i will check th pm's now
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Hogchick on March 24, 2007, 02:24:59 pm

No disrespect sir, you sound sincere, excited and in agreement with my own hopes.

But you arent the first, which is kinda the point. On this board, we're past 'the boy who cried wolf', past 'believe it when I see it'...

...right into...

'Yeah, right.'

im not looking for credit...just looking for them to get gone! i understand your point though.

Look at me, look at me.  I have a source and he says something big is about to happen.....

KMA!

thanks for the offer but i'll pass.

Steef

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on March 24, 2007, 02:28:31 pm

...right into...

'Yeah, right.'

KMA!

You don't have to be a hugger to be REALLY TIRED of innuendo, rumor, hints, encouragement-without-substance-or-fact...etc.

I would love nothing more than a complete scourging of the entire structure at UA. I blame anyone and everyone with even a tidbit of authority, for creating a mess where I can't be proud of being a Razorback.

Opine and others have been saying for weeks that something's coming. Don't let go of the rope. Yada Yada Yada.
It's exhausting.

Merle, if you've got something...spill it or keep it to yourself.

Opine, if you can pm him, you can pm everyone.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 24, 2007, 01:23:32 pm
Quote from: Weazel Backfat on March 24, 2007, 01:21:55 pm
Quote from: Merle Hawggard on March 24, 2007, 01:14:04 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 24, 2007, 01:09:31 pm
Quote from: Merle Hawggard on March 24, 2007, 01:04:46 pm
i know the feeling rzbck....but i think we turned the corner. next week....

Merle Hawggard post may have some legs....I have heard rumblings also but don't care to speculate simply because its 3rd & 4th person hearsay.   Where their is smoke....

thanks for the vote of confidence...we probably know the same thing, but im like you, i dont wanna get ripped more than i have on here! but i truely believe

Hey Merle, are you talking basketball or football.  That's all I want to know.  Thanks buddy.

BOTH

Then sombody throw the Dom Perignon on ice! At least ONE would be cause for celebration.
Go Hogs Go!

Merle Hawggard

Quote from: steefhog on March 24, 2007, 02:47:27 pm

...right into...

'Yeah, right.'

KMA!

You don't have to be a hugger to be REALLY TIRED of innuendo, rumor, hints, encouragement-without-substance-or-fact...etc.

I would love nothing more than a complete scourging of the entire structure at UA. I blame anyone and everyone with even a tidbit of authority, for creating a mess where I can't be proud of being a Razorback.

Opine and others have been saying for weeks that something's coming. Don't let go of the rope. Yada Yada Yada.
It's exhausting.

with that type of attitude...im signing off now. see you guys monday
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

Hawgvillain

It's exhausting.

I don't understand stuff like this.  The innuendo, rumors, and hints are all you get on messageboards.  Why sign on to message boards if you don't want to see them?  Why read through threads that are clearly based on rumors? 

I understand where the guys with the "sources" are coming from...When you know someone who is important enough to be a source - you don't want to piss them off because you don't want to ruin that friendship.  If I knew John Tyson and he told me that HDN was out I wouldn't run and post "Hey John Tyson just told me HDN was out" on a board like this.  The only way to share that is by saying "An important person just told me HDN is out." 

Thanks for sharing Merle.  I know these situations (as always) are fluid and I hope this rumor turns out to be true for a change. 

JIHawg

First-Huggers, this is not a string where you belong, where you will find comfort.  A suggestion-go start your own string, say Houston will coach here for twenty more years, per inside sources, then everybody chime in how great that is, we pro-Razorback posters will let you run with it, instead of you'all getting in this string and just stinking the place up.

Now, per Merle's post, there is definitely something in the air-it's being said by lots of different people/posters.  There may be something around the April 6th BOT meeting, something is going on, the undercurrent is just too strong.  My one contact with a BOT member says in 4 to 6 weeks the situation will be handled.  These are not posters who come on here every day and say he's gone, these are posters who are saying it for the first time.  I personally think there's something to all of this.

Steef

Quote from: Hawgvillain on March 24, 2007, 03:22:44 pm

It's exhausting.

I don't understand stuff like this.  The innuendo, rumors, and hints are all you get on messageboards.  Why sign on to message boards if you don't want to see them?  Why read through threads that are clearly based on rumors? 

I understand where the guys with the "sources" are coming from...When you know someone who is important enough to be a source - you don't want to piss them off because you don't want to ruin that friendship.  If I knew John Tyson and he told me that HDN was out I wouldn't run and post "Hey John Tyson just told me HDN was out" on a board like this.  The only way to share that is by saying "An important person just told me HDN is out." 

Thanks for sharing Merle.  I know these situations (as always) are fluid and I hope this rumor turns out to be true for a change. 

For what it's worth, after I cooled down, I pm'd an apology to Merle.
Not for the content of my complaint, but for my tone.
Merle isn't the problem.
The absolute intraction of UA is the problem.

As to the nature of message boards, I disagree. If rumor was all there was, there would be no message boards.
Indeed, the owner and Mods of this board have been stomping out rumormills for weeks, because it's unhealthy.
And it IS unhealthy. Because 99.9% of all rumors are untrue.

Merle may be 100% on the money with his hopes. I share a hope that UA will clean itself up.
Based on what's actually transpired in the last three months, there is no reason to hold any hope of that actually occurring.
The Razorbacks may be magnificent (one of them historically magnificent), but the UA itself stinks right now.

That's what I'm mad at.
And like the current administration in the White House, they (UA) are doing a slambang job of increasing the problem by saying nothing or saying garbage.

But Merle isn't the problem, so I apologized.

pokerhog

Hollywood_HOGan

NATEHOGG216

I have talked to a few different people who seem to believe ole tyson is taking over the show on hdn...
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

usnavyhogfan

for F***'s sake i hope this is true. im so tired of the letdown, i need something to believe in. cmon white,  fire one or the other or both i dont care. just get rid of somebody. i swear im going crazy here, bout to shave my hair off like britney.
The dream is free, the journey is not.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: Merle Hawggard on March 24, 2007, 12:39:37 pm
next week could be the day we've all been waiting for....don't spite me; just believe me! i'm already excited! just remember, i told you first!!
I wish you were talking about DMW.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

judgeroyswine

next week could be the day we've all been waiting for....don't spite me; just believe me! i'm already excited! just remember, i told you first!!

Of course we'll wait.  It's what we do.  We are Razorback fans.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 24, 2007, 04:52:35 pm
Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 24, 2007, 04:44:22 pm

He is.
I'm glad I don't have blood pressure or heart problems. All of this up and down with my emotions would probably be too much.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

booogaga

dude every week/day, there is some guy saying "i got a source. wait a few days" you are no different than anyone else. and like all of the others nothing will happen.
GO HOGS!

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 24, 2007, 05:05:37 pm
Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 24, 2007, 04:58:10 pm
Quote from: PorkOpine on March 24, 2007, 04:52:35 pm
Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 24, 2007, 04:44:22 pm

He is.
I'm glad I don't have blood pressure or heart problems. All of this up and down with my emotions would probably be too much.

As a result of reading and posting on this board.  I can honestly say I have developed a great deal of patience.  The nervous tics I now display are simply a side affect.   
lol--I guess I haven't experienced that....yet.

hview

Hope it's not a rumor, the swirl of posted and voiced speculations is rather crazy.

Mr. Porkleone

My apologies, DMW? please help...who is this...Damiem Williams??

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

JIHawg

Pork Twain

All these people with their sources remind me of my alcoholic dad.  Every time he got drunk, he swore it was the last and that this time he meant it.  Every time another person posts with "the" source that is right on the money and it turns out to be crap I think a lot of us lose a little more faith.  So far there has been a whole lot more BS on here than actual fact.  I would love it if this was the one but I just see another BS promise, but that is nothing new to me so I am good.  It might take others a little getting used to being let down over and over but you guys keep up the good work and they will get there.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hawaiianhogster

I'll admit I don't have a clue. I did say that by this coming Monday if they don't fire Stan he will stay another year. Anyone can predict that. If it happens it will look as though I knew something which in reality is B.S.

Pork Twain

I love all the generalized predictions that could be true or false on any day.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Kevin Bacon

I just want to see it all over and the new and better Razorback programs up and running.  Sounds like this thing with Stan will happen real soon (as it should) and the thing with HDN will likely happen after the spring game, maybe.  I can live with that.

Idahog

Quote from: BeoPig on March 24, 2007, 09:02:29 pm
I love all the generalized predictions that could be true or false on any day.

Agreed, I predict that another prediction will come and turn out to be possibly true, yet maybe false.  Although if it is true I will be surprised and if it is false I wouldn't have expected it.  Its a connundrum really.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

ICEman

I spent a week in Toledo, Ohio one day!
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

TomasPistola

I used to be fueled by hope. Now I'm just depressed. Stan Heath still has a job. DMW isn't being called to task for anything he's done... maybe it's time to bring out the paper bags....
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

zorbacks06

Quote from: BeoPig on March 24, 2007, 07:58:47 pm
All these people with their sources remind me of my alcoholic dad.  Every time he got drunk, he swore it was the last and that this time he meant it.  Every time another person posts with "the" source that is right on the money and it turns out to be crap I think a lot of us lose a little more faith.  So far there has been a whole lot more BS on here than actual fact.  I would love it if this was the one but I just see another BS promise, but that is nothing new to me so I am good.  It might take others a little getting used to being let down over and over but you guys keep up the good work and they will get there.

Actually the rumors, and speculation are what I like about hogville. It helps me have faith that maybe there are some posters that really do have inside information that something is being done about the fools on the hill. Were it not for this ray of hope, I would likely have given up. After almost fifty years of planning my time around a Razorback game,
I'm beginning to feel like a jilted lover.

hog_fan

Before anyone starts bashing PRJ and saying he has ran off and hid he is banned.

J Man

oldfart

not when they have just announced a million dollar bonus for Nutz.........  wish it would happen but ain't likely at this moment in time.......

Quote from: PigWig on March 24, 2007, 01:33:30 pm
Quote from: fu-man-soo on March 24, 2007, 01:30:33 pm
i buy the heath part but dale too?
I think these rumors will lose credibility if there are claims that DMW will be gone too.  I know that would be ideal but if it hasn't happened yet, I'm not sure it will.

CheeZ_PuFF

Yes we do hear a lot of rumors on the board and the mods have done a good job of sending them to rumor/vent section, but this thread has been up awhile. The longer it stays, the more hope i get.

jmark

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

Oklahawg

Quote from: J Man on March 24, 2007, 10:17:16 pm
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Did you see anything that substantiates a rumor?! :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jimmur74

Its Spring Practice. For goodness sakes Nutt isnt going anywhere. Lets all get over it. Now Heath may be gone but not Nutt.
It would be a terrible move at this point to remove Nutt.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: jimmur74 on March 24, 2007, 10:40:59 pm
Its Spring Practice. For goodness sakes Nutt isnt going anywhere. Lets all get over it. Now Heath may be gone but not Nutt.
Not true. An interim would be better for PR AND for coaching.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Bogarto on March 24, 2007, 11:08:23 pm

I don't think I'd ever classify removing Nutt as a terrible move no matter what the timing.
Agreed.  They could do it at halftime of the Troy game for all I care.  As long as Dale the Wonder Weasel is gone, I'm happy.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on March 24, 2007, 11:10:37 pm
Quote from: Bogarto on March 24, 2007, 11:08:23 pm

I don't think I'd ever classify removing Nutt as a terrible move no matter what the timing.
Agreed.  They could do it at halftime of the Troy game for all I care.  As long as Dale the Wonder Weasel is gone, I'm happy.
I say that getting rid of Dale would be an instant 10 point advantage.

jbcarol

...right into...

'Yeah, right.'

"If we make it thru December.  Everything's going to be alright I see.
It's the coldest time of winter and I shiver when I see the Famutimi.
I don't mean to hate December. 
Got plans to be in a warmer town come summertime.
Maybe even California (USC).  If we make it thru December we'll be fine.

Got my release down at the BAC.
Tho Nutt tried to hog tie me and keep me here.
And my mom sure don't understand.
Why Daddy Frank can't afford no Christmas cheer.

Some of Merle's very best.  My apologies to Merle Haggard :)
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

oldtimerhog

Quote from: J Man on March 24, 2007, 10:17:16 pm
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Were you alone?  Hogville always likes a good story!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

oldtimerhog

It would be a great move at any point to remove Nutt.
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

darazorback

Quote from: HogFan1st on March 24, 2007, 12:57:04 pm
So perhaps a change at the top for both major men's teams?

Please we all know that both teams aren't going to lose their coaches. Maybe basketball, but not football. They let him get some of his spring practices in, they aren't gunna fire NDN until after this season, at the earlist. Nuff' said!!!

Hogchick

...right into...

'Yeah, right.'

KMA!

It's exhausting.

Thank you!  That is my point.  EVERYONE seems to have a source that is a BOT, but nobody will come out and say what is happening.  We have been hearing hte same stuff for MONTHS now.

J.A.Y.

Quote from: oldfart on March 24, 2007, 10:24:36 pm
not when they have just announced a million dollar bonus for Nutz.........  wish it would happen but ain't likely at this moment in time.......

Quote from: PigWig on March 24, 2007, 01:33:30 pm
Quote from: fu-man-soo on March 24, 2007, 01:30:33 pm
i buy the heath part but dale too?
I think these rumors will lose credibility if there are claims that DMW will be gone too.  I know that would be ideal but if it hasn't happened yet, I'm not sure it will.

The milliion dollar bonus was done years ago, but is contingent on whether he stays. If he leaves for a different job or is fired the bonus is void.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

HogRob

I have it on good authority that Nutt was not doing anything immoral at the Holiday Inn Express, just trying to become a good football coach.