Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*Picture worth a thousand posts: How does it feel to be a BASKETBALL HAS-BEEN??

Started by hoginsanfran, March 19, 2007, 03:20:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoginsanfran

>:( >:( >:(

Can you believe it?  Even Georgia!  even Tennessee!  I had no idea the numbers were so low....  Guys, WE ARE AN SEC DOORMAT! 

9th out of 12 !
Average SEC record: 7-9 !
What happened ? ? ?

:puke: :puke:

Fayetnam

Gee, I was already depressed enough about basketball before  you did this! Good Job Guy!

hoginsanfran

Quote from: Fayetnam on March 19, 2007, 03:21:52 pm
Gee, I was already depressed enough about basketball before  you did this! Good Job Guy!

sorry... i just crunched the numbers, and was utterly amazed at how far we fell since 95...

even UT!

Factual Fiction

it's too much pressure being first anyways....................................

Sao Ming

Us...

Since 1894

Sounds about right for a small school with limited resources and recruiting territory.  You know, our AD says we will usually be 8th or 9th and can't attract a top caliber coach.

Be Good
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

spudhog

question is, how many more wins before we do get our next ncaa win?

BorderPatrol

hoginsanfran

Quote from: BorderPatrol on March 19, 2007, 03:39:26 pm
9th out of 12?

Nice math.

bp

How the mighty have fallen... it used to be us and KY, now we look at playing @ Auburn saying "well, we lost there 2 out of 3 years in a row..."

Gas Can

hoginsanfran

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on March 19, 2007, 03:48:00 pm
Quote from: BorderPatrol on March 19, 2007, 03:39:26 pm
9th out of 12?

Nice math.

bp

I'm not following you.  Would you prefer "T-8th out of 12"?

i thought that at first too, but i think he was honestly saying "nice math."  second completely different thought was (wow!) '9th out of 12?' (how can we be so bad?)

razor rob

Winner

hoginsanfran

Quote from: Winner on March 19, 2007, 03:54:20 pm
Did you actually create that graph?

Nope, MSExcel did ;)

I found the yearly records on a website and excel summed them up and made the graph.

Nothing I can take credit for... though obviously i tinted Arkansas pink (we just weren't worthy of red......)

CheeZ_PuFF

Wow, so your saying we're right at our potential then? No way Stan loses his job because 8th 9th is what we're suppose to expect every year right? Case closed, Stan and Nutt will be staying until the end of time

WestMemphisHogFan

Wow! Nice work, but very, very telling.  I LONG for the days of Razorback domination.

Bomis Hawg

Another nugget.

Teams that had their highest pre-tournament AP Ranking:  Florida at #3 (previous best was 8]; Wisconsin at #6 (previous best was 10); Texas A&M at #9 (first final ranking); Oregon at #10 (prevous best was #11); Washington State at #13 (previous best was #18); SIU at #15 (previous best was #20); Nevada at #21 (first final ranking); Winthrop at #22 (first final ranking)

Teams on the rise.
Arkansas can be next.

litmachog

WOW Hogs.  That sure is a swift kick in the stomach.  Makes me want to crawl off into a hole and scream into a pillow. 

Any other information needed to afirm that Heath has gots to go!!!!

Squealsonwheels

March 19, 2007, 05:00:00 pm #22 Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 05:01:32 pm by Squealsonwheels
Quote from: opineonswine on March 19, 2007, 03:32:04 pm
Let John White know how you feel.

jawhite@uark.edu
Mr White,
     Please do your job and either endorse Stan Heath like you did with your buddy Nutt or else fire him now!!
I am sick of this joke of a athletic dept. and BOT that continues to be satisfied with the continued downward spiral of our programs. Sir let me remind you that the money that I spend buying season tickets to attend Razorback games is my money and the money I spend on sending my son to college is my money.  At this point I'm 60/40 in favor of shifting all my funds to UCA.
I demand results for the money paid or at least a coach who is respected by his actions and I also demand mine and the majority of Razorback fans voices be heard as well, You make it very clear you could care less about the typical fan or the continued decline of our once proud athletic program. You allow a lair and man with lowest character I know to continue to bring our football program to the front pages of every national publication and be the laughing stock of everyone.
Do the right thing and seek Heaths resignation today. Then take a real hard look at the person running our football program as well.
Thank you for taking the time to read this even though I know you didnt.  Its a common fact you do not read emails from the common season ticket buying fans.

He wont read it but I just sent my two cents worth to him

King-Tusk

Sweet!!!  I thought that we still had a sense of respectability for our program.  At least we're still ahead of 3 states though.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

hoginsanfran

Quote from: King-Tusk on March 19, 2007, 05:01:05 pm
Sweet!!!  I thought that we still had a sense of respectability for our program.  At least we're still ahead of 3 states though.

and one of those is a 2 time NIT champ!

holtzhog

hoginsanfran

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 19, 2007, 05:15:53 pm
Look on the bright side.  It should only take about 8 or 9 years of undefeated SEC play to catch KY and FL.

It makes me angry that FL is up there... what have they ever done?  For years they were HORRIBLE.  then, in 94 (most forget this), they made the Final Four with that DeClerq guy.

Under Donovan they were like the old Zona teams.. or kansas until this year... CHOKERS! EARLY EXITS!  then they get to the title game in 2000 as a 5 seed, excitement galore.  ever since then they've been chalking up good regular seasons, until last year they win it all.

FLORIDA as a BBALL POWERHOUSE?

that should be US!!!!!!!!

I'm so hacked, for real!

RhodeHog

I would bet good coin that our football chart would look just like that.

strawhog

hoginsanfran

Quote from: strawhog on March 19, 2007, 05:55:08 pm
I keep hearing that a picture is worth a thousand words.

are you talking about in general or a specific picture unrelated to hoops but related to a hasbeen?

jbcarol

Quote from: little pigee on March 19, 2007, 03:36:23 pm
Why do we get the pink bar?

Reggie Herring insisted on it.

Nice graph and insight.  +1
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Frank and Swine

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 19, 2007, 05:59:40 pm
Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 19, 2007, 05:49:51 pm
Look on the bright side.  It should only take about 8 or 9 years of undefeated SEC play to catch KY and FL.

It makes me angry that FL is up there... what have they ever done?  For years they were HORRIBLE.  then, in 94 (most forget this), they made the Final Four with that DeClerq guy.

Under Donovan they were like the old Zona teams.. or kansas until this year... CHOKERS! EARLY EXITS!  then they get to the title game in 2000 as a 5 seed, excitement galore.  ever since then they've been chalking up good regular seasons, until last year they win it all.

I'm so hacked, for real!

I feel your pain, but have some semblance of faith in the idiots running show.  Odds are, their hiring practices will improve at this point.   

Their firing practices have to prevail first!

hoginsanfran

and what is sad is this:

the first 4 or 5 years of our SEC career, WE were #1, and Ky was #2, and no one was close for 3 (probably miss state)

it just makes ya sick that's all.......
Quote from: Frank and Swine on March 19, 2007, 06:26:22 pm

I'm so hacked, for real!

I feel your pain, but have some semblance of faith in the idiots running show.  Odds are, their hiring practices will improve at this point.   

Nice :)  I fear they are pretty far away from pulling ANY "trigger" at this point!!

jbcarol

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 19, 2007, 06:48:07 pm
and what is sad is this:

the first 4 or 5 years of our SEC career, WE were #1, and Ky was #2, and no one was close for 3 (probably miss state)

it just makes ya sick that's all.......
Quote from: Frank and Swine on March 19, 2007, 06:26:22 pm

I'm so hacked, for real!

Nice :)  I fear they are pretty far away from pulling ANY "trigger" at this point!!
Total SEC Regular Season Wins

Arkansas        Kentucky     Alabama
'91-92 thru '94-95         49                 51             39
'91-92 thru '95-96         58                 67             48

*Excluded SEC Conference Tournament games (Kentucky lost a conference tournament championship game in March 1996).

Keepin' it real :)  But your point is right on.  Great teams, a great rivalry.  3rd place not close.

Fun facts on that little search:

Kentucky finished 2nd in the SEC-E to Vandy in 1993 who went 14-2 (not a bad UK team)
Arkansas won the overall SEC Championship in 1992 and 1994.
Kentucky (NC) went 16-0 in 1996 (reg. season) but lost the Championship game to Miss. St.
In Arkansas' first 3 years in the conference, Hogs and Cats had the same # of wins.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

merccedes

I just emailed JW they should be getting rid of Heath as soon as the appropriate replacement is available.

Steef

Got here late. Sorry guys.

Well, in fairness, FB did 'call that mediocrity, brutha!'

Again to be fair, he was in a position to mold/shape/create his own prediction.

pigture perfect

My impression was that the SEC courted us so that we could help give our conference more prestige in basketball. Seems to me that by these numbers, we're not holding up our end of the bargain.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jbcarol

Well...  At least Florida

pignatious

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 19, 2007, 03:20:48 pm

>:( >:( >:(

Can you believe it?  Even Georgia!  even Tennessee!  I had no idea the numbers were so low....  Guys, WE ARE AN SEC DOORMAT! 

9th out of 12 !
Average SEC record: 7-9 !
What happened ? ? ?

:puke: :puke:

9th in the SEC...Well, we are meeting JFB's expectations, so all must be right with the world. Great job, Stan!
Freedom is never free.

hoginsanfran

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 19, 2007, 08:44:56 pm
My impression was that the SEC courted us so that we could help give our conference more prestige in basketball. Seems to me that by these numbers, we're not holding up our end of the bargain.

I hate to say it, but you're absolutely right... seeing schools with zero tradition or history in basketball like TENNESSEE way ahead of us in wins since 99 makes me want to hurl.

I mean, cmon, Tennessee basketball?  it's a freaking joke... yet its dozens of wins ahead of us!

Jim

Quote from: Squealsonwheels on March 19, 2007, 05:00:00 pm

jawhite@uark.edu
Mr White,
     Please do your job and either endorse Stan Heath like you did with your buddy Nutt or else fire him now!!
I am sick of this joke of a athletic dept. and BOT that continues to be satisfied with the continued downward spiral of our programs. Sir let me remind you that the money that I spend buying season tickets to attend Razorback games is my money and the money I spend on sending my son to college is my money.  At this point I'm 60/40 in favor of shifting all my funds to UCA.
I demand results for the money paid or at least a coach who is respected by his actions and I also demand mine and the majority of Razorback fans voices be heard as well, You make it very clear you could care less about the typical fan or the continued decline of our once proud athletic program. You allow a lair and man with lowest character I know to continue to bring our football program to the front pages of every national publication and be the laughing stock of everyone.
Do the right thing and seek Heaths resignation today. Then take a real hard look at the person running our football program as well.
Thank you for taking the time to read this even though I know you didnt.  Its a common fact you do not read emails from the common season ticket buying fans.

Squeals,

You need to learn how to quit sugar coating things and just tell guys like White how you really feel.  This is no time to be speaking in riddles.
LOL!! :D

Great letter!!  I hope someone up there reads it and begins to fathom how absolutely pathetic we've become and quit relying on the daily dose of saccharin & slop on the afternoon airwaves.

+1

hoginsanfran

Quote from: Jim on March 19, 2007, 10:35:41 pm
Quote from: Squealsonwheels on March 19, 2007, 05:00:00 pm

jawhite@uark.edu
Mr White,

Squeals,

You need to learn how to quit sugar coating things and just tell guys like White how you really feel.  This is no time to be speaking in riddles.
LOL!! :D

Great letter!!  I hope someone up there reads it and begins to fathom how absolutely pathetic we've become and quit relying on the daily dose of saccharin & slop on the afternoon airwaves.

+1

just imagine if everyone reading this sent a letter to jw... surely now they are taking into consideratino our voices are they not??

kawabiker

HognotinMemphis

Forget that we won an NC 13 years ago because we have the potential to be only 8th or 9th in the SEC due to size of the state. Just can't compete with those hugely populated states like KY, Fla and GA. I think KY has 6 or 7 times the population of Arkansas.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The Lemming

RazorBassin

hawgdog2005

Trying using the same mentality for HDN and look how good that jerk looks  Go to SI.com and vote to fire Houston Nutt.  Oh by the way dont forget to email J White about getting rid of HDN also

jbcarol

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on March 20, 2007, 08:25:13 am
Forget that we won an NC 13 years ago because we have the potential to be only 8th or 9th in the SEC due to size of the state. Just can't compete with those hugely populated states like KY, Fla and GA. I think KY has 6 or 7 times the population of Arkansas.

:)  The complaint in that Commonwealth (KY) is that the State Universities aren't tapping into that huge population base :)

All KY HS team not currently playing for a state University who graduated HS in the last few years:  Lofton, Doellman, Neltner, Rondo (played at Eastern b/4 going to Oak Hill for Sr. year), Walker (played at Rose Hill Academy b/4 moving with Mayo to No. College Hill).

Silver Hog