Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conspiracy Theory Against Heath?

Started by Craig O Squeal, March 11, 2007, 12:02:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LilRounDevil

Pork Twain

Watch out for all the black helicopters...

Without a win vs Florida I do not think we deserve an at-large bid.  We should have won the games earlier in the year that we "should have" won.  We finished the year with a losing record in conference play and an 0-3 mark vs the big-12.  Before our hot streak we were 4-9 in the last 13 we played.  A hot tourny streak does not make that disappear.  The blowout losses to TT and Mo do not help either.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

polandhog

Quote from: LilRounDevil on March 11, 2007, 08:52:42 am
Kenneth.  What is the frequency?

I swear those National Guard memos were authentic!

polandhog

Quote from: BeoPig on March 11, 2007, 08:54:02 am

Without a win vs Florida I do not think we deserve an at-large bid.  We should have won the games earlier in the year that we "should have" won.  We finished the year with a losing record in conference play and an 0-3 mark vs the big-12.  Before our hot streak we were 4-9 in the last 13 we played.  A hot tourny streak does not make that disappear.  The blowout losses to TT and Mo do not help either.

You're wrong

We finished the year 10-9 in conference (so far).. year isnt finished yet.
We beat quality opponents (SIU, WVa, heck even ORU is in the tourney and Marist was close to wining theirs... most big schools play SCRUBS from tiny conferences, yet we schedule those conference WINNERS lol), we won 2 on the road out of 8 (not great at all but not really horrible... tourney UT has 1 road win, the LEAGUE HIGH outside of florida was 3 road wins!)

Look i know you are positively near-vomit-state that heath will be the HC here for years to come, but please don't let it overshadow the fct we are deserving!

That 4-9 Stretch?  We also had INJURIES to our biggest men vs the best opponents! (hill, thomas)

The committee gives exceptions to injuryies (LOFTON & UT), so why not for Arkansas?

Pork Twain

Quote from: polandhog on March 11, 2007, 08:57:25 am

You're wrong

We beat quality opponents (SIU, WVa, heck even ORU is in the tourney and Marist was close to wining theirs... most big schools play SCRUBS from tiny conferences, yet we schedule those conference WINNERS lol), we won 2 on the road out of 8 (not great at all but not really horrible... tourney UT has 1 road win, the LEAGUE HIGH outside of florida was 3 road wins!)

Look i know you are positively near-vomit-state that heath will be the HC here for years to come, but please don't let it overshadow the fct we are deserving!

We finished the SEC season 7-9 (LOSING RECORD).  The post season wins and losses are not figured into our regular season W/L.  It is a fact that we finished the season with a losing record in our own conference.  We also got SPANKED in Big-12 play.

FYI, I hope Stan and the Hogs win tomorrow and then go on to win at least one NCAA game and he is around next year but I do not want table scraps.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

WASAHAWG70

Pork Twain

Quote from: WASAHAWG70 on March 11, 2007, 09:01:34 am
Beopig, are you chuckie or rick?
Neither...  Sorry are the facts getting in the way of your fantasy?

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: BeoPig on March 11, 2007, 09:00:40 am
Quote from: polandhog on March 11, 2007, 08:57:25 am

You're wrong

We finished the SEC season 7-9 (LOSING RECORD).  The post season wins and losses are not figured into our regular season W/L.  It is a fact that we finished the season with a losing record in our own conference.  We also got SPANKED in Big-12 play.

FYI, I hope Stan and the Hogs win tomorrow and then go on to win at least one NCAA game and he is around next year but I do not want table scraps.
But why does the media say you count the tourney games towards the conference record? Then, if you use the logic of the blowout losses against TTech and Mizzou, then why is blowout losses acceptable when discussing TTech? ESPN said that they're a Jekkyl and Hyde team and when they lose, they lose big..hell, at least Arkansas played Texas and Florida close on the scoreboard...

Pork Twain

The media can say what they want to but the conference standings are fact.  We finished the SEASON 7-9.  There is no way around that.

polandhog

Quote from: BeoPig on March 11, 2007, 09:18:32 am
The media can say what they want to but the conference standings are fact.  We finished the SEASON 7-9.  There is no way around that.

Haha, so i see.. Purdue and Illinois are able to use their conference Tourneys to PROVE their At large status

Arkansas is NOT able to use the SECTourney for anything, it doesn't count, coz we're just the widdle ole SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EITHER THE TOURNEYS COUNT OR NOT WHICH IS IT

Pork Twain

March 11, 2007, 09:24:41 am #60 Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 09:26:44 am by BeoPig
I do not know what the selection committee uses but I know what our record was at the end of the season.

I guess if Arkansas would have shown any kind of consistency during the the year we would not be having this discussion.  Before we got on our hot streak we were sucking the big one.

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: BeoPig on March 11, 2007, 09:24:41 am
I do not know what the selection committee uses but I know what our record was at the end of the season.

I guess if Arkansas would have shown any kind of consistency during the the year we would not be having this discussion.  Before we got on our hot streak we were sucking the big one.
Well then by using that logc...and I hate to bring Nutt into it but, he DOES deserve the raise and extension because we were 10-2 (since postseason stuff doen't matter). So was he 10-2 or 10-4...I'm confused.

Pork Twain

His over-all record last year was 10-4.  His season record was 10-2 and he was 7-1 in the SEC.

Masshog

Or could it be as simple as the fact that we haven't gotten it done now in years and we have fallen off the radar a bit.  The last few years with Nolan weren't very good, the first four under Heath haven't been good.... quite a fall from the forefront of the medias attention....  I'm betting that this same record 7 years ago would have us a lock.  As I see it, there is only one thing to do, earn the respect back... then a down year will still result in an invite. 

I just don't buy the idea that the Frank or anyone else on the hill would be so small as to torpedo the Hogs chances.  You can say what you want about Broyles (and don't get me wrong, he should have been moved to emeritus status years ago) but he does love the Hogs... Sometimes, things are just what things are. 
My feets hurt.

Toad Suck Pork

If it is in fact true that powerful boosters or possibly the AD is pulling their weight in keep us out of the NCAA to save their collective face, they will lose me as a fan FOREVER.  How can you do that to your own program, and more importantly your FANS!

I don't think Frank could ever do something like that.  However, egos and money are HUGE motivating factors in this world, especially for people at that level. 

polandhog

Quote from: BeoPig on March 11, 2007, 09:36:22 am
His over-all record last year was 10-4.  His season record was 10-2 and he was 7-1 in the SEC.
7-2 in the sec... he lost to florida in thre champ game!

polandhog

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 11, 2007, 12:33:56 am

SUMMARY OF 'THEORIES' - TRUE VS FALSE ;)

Frank knows and has worked with Slive for YEARS in some capacity (TRUE)

Frank approves firing of Stan (ALLEGED ADG, CONFIRMED BY NO JOHN WHITE STATEMENT)

Frank approves leak (UNKNOWN, MOOT POINT THOUGH)

Stan keeps winning (TRUE!)

Frank gets nervous (ASSUMED :) )

Frank calls media bigwigs, espn contact, says quiet on the hogs (LESS BELIEVABLE)
--> bigwig tells gottlieb, other espn talking heads quiet on hogs (LEAST BELIEVABLE)

Frank gets nervous (ASSUMED)

Frank calls Mike Slive and 'asks' him to not take Arkansas because its better 'in the long run' (VERY POSSIBLE, VERY BELIEVABLE, REQUIRES JUST FRANK PICKING UP A #$@% PHONE)

Slive follows orders and nixes a legitimate Arkansas in the face of opposition ( ? ? ? ? ? ? )

i can't see frank doing it... but then again... he was itching to fire nolan for years....

who knows...

Pork Twain

Quote from: polandhog on March 11, 2007, 10:07:05 am
Quote from: BeoPig on March 11, 2007, 09:36:22 am
7-2 in the sec... he lost to florida in thre champ game!
Sorry smart guy but that was POST season play.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teamsched?teamId=8

LilRounDevil

Quote from: polandhog on March 11, 2007, 09:20:40 am
Quote from: BeoPig on March 11, 2007, 09:18:32 am

Haha, so i see.. Purdue and Illinois are able to use their conference Tourneys to PROVE their At large status

Arkansas is NOT able to use the SECTourney for anything, it doesn't count, coz we're just the widdle ole SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EITHER THE TOURNEYS COUNT OR NOT WHICH IS IT

If you think the teams and the leagues are all treated the same, you're just fooling yourself.

Pork Twain

Quote from: polandhog on March 11, 2007, 10:09:43 am
Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 11, 2007, 12:33:56 am

SUMMARY OF 'THEORIES' - TRUE VS FALSE ;)

Frank knows and has worked with Slive for YEARS in some capacity (TRUE)

Frank approves firing of Stan (ALLEGED ADG, CONFIRMED BY NO JOHN WHITE STATEMENT)

Frank approves leak (UNKNOWN, MOOT POINT THOUGH)

Stan keeps winning (TRUE!)

Frank gets nervous (ASSUMED :) )

Frank calls media bigwigs, espn contact, says quiet on the hogs (LESS BELIEVABLE)
--> bigwig tells gottlieb, other espn talking heads quiet on hogs (LEAST BELIEVABLE)

Frank gets nervous (ASSUMED)

Frank calls Mike Slive and 'asks' him to not take Arkansas because its better 'in the long run' (VERY POSSIBLE, VERY BELIEVABLE, REQUIRES JUST FRANK PICKING UP A #$@% PHONE)

Slive follows orders and nixes a legitimate Arkansas in the face of opposition ( ? ? ? ? ? ? )

i can't see frank doing it... but then again... he was itching to fire nolan for years....

who knows...
Itching to fire Nolan?  Says who???

jchill

Quote from: mudslog on March 11, 2007, 12:09:18 am
I hate to mention this....but it is a fact....Heath is a black coach.    Just how many large contributors to the U of A are....black.......??????????

It's because blacks do not have major businesses like Walmart or Tyson to give huge donations. Blacks are still behind when it comes to creating more capital. There are a lot of rich blacks, but not enough collective wealth to make an impact in Razorback land, remember blacks did not have civil rights until 1964, so there is still a learning curve that they have to go through to build a foundation of wealth and pass it on to future generations. Sorry, not trying to make it a race issue (I am humming "We are the World" right now).

Pork Twain

March 11, 2007, 10:23:57 am #71 Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 10:29:28 am by BeoPig
 :puke: racism...  Sure there is a lot of racism in the world against all races but it is not an excuse for everything

I wish we would have hired a white coach after Nolan because then we would not have to deal the racism crap when another coah was fired for not getting it done.  Firing a black coach = walking on eggshells.  Firing a white = doing what's best for the program.

Just win games and is all good.  A win does not care what color you are and I do not think NCAA invites are given out based on coaches color

weresoclose

HogFan1973

I have said this for years and will say it I guess until the man is dead (that is only thing that will keep him out of the picture), UA athletics will NEVER be able to thrive like we could, UNTIL Frank Broyles is out of the picture completely.  They guy is just like Jerry Jones - his ego is so big that he wants to still be the "guy".  If other coaches come in here and win, they become the "guy".  That is why I don't believe that the Cowboys will ever win another Super Bowl until Jones either dies or sells the team.  His ego is so big, he won't do the things necessary to facilite it happening, even though he, as Frank believes, he is doing those things.

Sure Frank got us in the SEC and has done wonders raising our funds and facilities, but the ENTIRE country in the college and pro worlds knows it is extremely hard to work under him.

jchill

Quote from: Air It Out Gus on March 11, 2007, 10:26:03 am
I have said this for years and will say it I guess until the man is dead (that is only thing that will keep him out of the picture), UA athletics will NEVER be able to thrive like we could, UNTIL Frank Broyles is out of the picture completely.  They guy is just like Jerry Jones - his ego is so big that he wants to still be the "guy".  If other coaches come in here and win, they become the "guy".  That is why I don't believe that the Cowboys will ever win another Super Bowl until Jones either dies or sells the team.  His ego is so big, he won't do the things necessary to facilite it happening, even though he, as Frank believes, he is doing those things.

Sure Frank got us in the SEC and has done wonders raising our funds and facilities, but the ENTIRE country in the college and pro worlds knows it is extremely hard to work under him.

Great point!!!! When I lived in Tampa, I often told people until Hugh Culverhouse is out of the picture, the Bucs will never win. Well unfortunately, Mr. Culverhouse died. After he passed the Bucs had new ownership, got rid of all of the family ties to Culverhouse that was in management and the Bucs became a Superbowl team.

hog_fan

why should Heath be fired because he sucks as a coach but nutt who sucks as a coach AND has zero intergity get a pass? two losing seasons for nutt and he gets a pass. that is sad.

MrsPiggy

I don't think there's a conspiracy against the Hogs or Heath...but I do think there's a conspiracy against the SEC

ESPN has a lot of power and has contracts with the Big 12 and Big 10.  They talk those conferences up a lot.  The Pac 10 and Big East have a lot of media advocates.  ACC has Vitale.  The SEC has CBS which I think hurts us in the media.  CBS kept saying we were in and then changed their opinion once they saw what ESPN was saying.  CBS didn't want to be caught being wrong about us.

Year in and year out the SEC is considered one of the toughest conferences in both football and basketball.  Yet we get NO respect from the national media.  It wasn't until Florida won the BCS championship that ESPN's announcers finally admitted it was the best football conference.  Same deal with bball - we're the no. 2 toughest conference and they're saying we'll only get 4 teams in?  Remember how upset they all were last year when the ACC only got 4 teams in?  They'll be celebrating this year when the SEC gets punished.