Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is what Sports Illustrated and ESPN are saying about Heath................

Started by redbarn, March 09, 2007, 06:38:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redbarn

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/ncaa/men/recaps/2007/03/09/43242_recap.html

"Arkansas officials already are preparing a $900,000 contract buyout for Heath if the Razorbacks do not receive an NCAA bid, The Mobile Press Register reported Friday. Heath's contract runs through 2011.

According to the paper, Arkansas would decline an invitation to the NIT and immediately launch its search for a new coach."

This is also being reported on ESPN
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

JD Hogg

Quote from: redbarn on March 09, 2007, 06:38:32 pm
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/ncaa/men/recaps/2007/03/09/43242_recap.html

"Arkansas officials already are preparing a $900,000 contract buyout for Heath if the Razorbacks do not receive an NCAA bid, The Mobile Press Register reported Friday. Heath's contract runs through 2011.

According to the paper, Arkansas would decline an invitation to the NIT and immediately launch its search for a new coach."

You can't fire him!!  He won 20 games!!  20 GAMES!!!!

football17

20 games means nothing. Geeze. They're on a 4-game winning streak. Big whoopity do.

Lose tomorrow and Heath is gone and no NCAA Tournament. Heck, I think he may be gone regardless what happens.

Some of you are going overboard.

polandhog

Quote from: football17 on March 09, 2007, 06:43:12 pm
20 games means nothing. Geeze. They're on a 4-game winning streak. Big whoopity do.

Lose tomorrow and Heath is gone and no NCAA Tournament. Heck, I think he may be gone regardless what happens.

you're insane.  he's coming back.

Factual Fiction

I think he has to win a first round game to keep his job....................................

football17

Quote from: polandhog on March 09, 2007, 06:43:54 pm

He's done nothing to necessarily deserve to come back. Think what you want, though.

polandhog

Quote from: football17 on March 09, 2007, 06:45:20 pm

He's done nothing to necessarily deserve to come back. Think what you want, though.

you're right.

back to back 20 win seasons sucks.

3 SECT wins in 2 years blows.

losing 3 seniors, changing point guards, and losing an NBA lottery pick and being in the SECSemifinals?  that's just worthless!

FIRE HEATH!

*sarcasm*

Torqued pork

Quote from: redbarn on March 09, 2007, 06:38:32 pm

FWIW Schaeffer said today that Arkansas would accept an NIT bid if it doesn't make the Big Dance.

Shoe Strings

I hope they win the tournament for two reasons.  First, because they're playing with the "fire in the belly" and I'm a hog fan.  Secondly, because, just like Nolan did in 99, it'll drive ol' Frank crazy, having to keep him around.  Plus, an added bonus, it'll put the real heat back on HDN, where it should have been all along.

polandhog

Quote from: Shoe Strings on March 09, 2007, 06:48:20 pm
I hope they win the tournament for two reasons.  First, because they're playing with the "fire in the belly" and I'm a hog fan.  Secondly, because, just like Nolan did in 99, it'll drive ol' Frank crazy, having to keep him around.  Plus, an added bonus, it'll put the real heat back on HDN, where it should have been all along.

+50

HogFan1973

Hogs are in the tourney and Stan will be kept at least another year.  I am not sure if he is the coach to take us where we want to go, but I KNOW Nutt is NOT the coach to take us where we want in football, and he keeps his job, so there is no way they are going to get rid of Stan now.  The guy has IMPROVED every year he has been here.

football17

Quote from: polandhog on March 09, 2007, 06:46:16 pm
Quote from: football17 on March 09, 2007, 06:45:20 pm

you're right.

back to back 20 win seasons sucks.

3 SECT wins in 2 years blows.

losing 3 seniors, changing point guards, and losing an NBA lottery pick and being in the SECSemifinals?  that's just worthless!

FIRE HEATH!

*sarcasm*

Get a grasp of reality man.

Heath is not the coach to lead this program to the next level, where Sweet 16 appearances should happen EVERY year and 20-win seasons don't mean a dang thing. Sure a little run right now looks great, but Heath isn't in the long-term success plan to get things like they were in the mid-90s.

The key is, if you have a chance to get Gillispie or Self right now, which I think they do, you HAVE to make the move, REGARDLESS....

PIGINAPOKE

Great post +1
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

redbarn

ESPN is reporting the same thing crediting the same paper.  If what this paper is saying is the truth, its "Go all the way to the NCAA or go away"  for Heath. 
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

Brand X Hog Fan

If they fire Stan now and keep Nutt, I am freaking finsihed with Razorback football and basketball. No point in firing him now. these are his kids, let him coach them. He's won 20 back to back and loaded for an elite 8 or Final 4 next year. He should have that opportunity.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

gusisthecoach

Man aint it going to look bad .. but I agree its got to happen

AD gone
Head coach after a 10-4 season is hotfooting his job
Basketball coach wins 20 games...and is looking to get bought out

I can only hear ESPN now ... what the hell is going on over there..

But sometime to grow and apple tree you got to cut an apple... or something like that.  anyway lets all hope we get going in the new direction with the new AD 

football17

Comparing this to football is like comparing apples to oranges. And why is everyone so happy with 20-win seasons? Geeze, where has our level of standard gone?

redbarn

+ 1

Toad Suck Pork

This is one of the strangest situations I have seen in a while.

1. The team is on a roll
2. They just won 20 games
3. The school is preparing your buyout during all of this.

It sounds like Heath is d--ned if he does, d--ned if he doesn't.  Not much confidence in the coach if they are working the buyout and SI is reporting it while they are a roll.

I'm not the biggest Heath fan in the world by far, but it's hard to knock him and the team's effort right now.

HogFan1973

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on March 09, 2007, 06:51:11 pm
If they fire Stan now and keep Nutt, I am freaking finsihed with Razorback football and basketball. No point in firing him now. these are his kids, let him coach them. He's won 20 back to back and loaded for an elite 8 or Final 4 next year. He should have that opportunity.

I totally agree.  They are playing in these last 4 games like we haven't seen them do and now they have some youngsters really starting to play.  I just don't know how a school buys out a contract with stan but not nutt.  I can't imagine a "big time" coach will want to come here if we get rid of him after the constant improvement he has had.

CoachHogT

Quote from: js1717 on March 09, 2007, 06:54:51 pm

1. The team is on a roll

It sounds like Heath is d--ned if he does, d--ned if he doesn't.  Not much confidence in the coach if they are working the buyout and SI is reporting it while they are a roll.

I'm not the biggest Heath fan in the world by far, but it's hard to knock him and the team's effort right now.

If this is true, I hope Stan wins the SEC tourney and makes the sweet 16, then gives the UA the finger

Shoe Strings

Quote from: gusisthecoach on March 09, 2007, 06:51:48 pm
Man aint it going to look bad .. but I agree its got to happen

AD gone
Head coach after a 10-4 season is hotfooting his job
Basketball coach wins 20 games...and is looking to get bought out

I can only hear ESPN now ... what the hell is going on over there..

But sometime to grow and apple tree you got to cut an apple... or something like that.  anyway lets all hope we get going in the new direction with the new AD 

I agree, it's going to take constant national scrutiny to fix this situation.  The BOT needs to get tired of hearing it before they'll take action (see JFB's retirement as example).

I hope they turn the fire up even more in the next few days, leading up to the BOT meeting on April 6th (Tyson's first meeting).

HogFan1973

1. The team is on a roll

I don't buy any of the "buy out" stuff about Heath.  I have been hearing about a "buy out" for our football coach for 2 months and he is still here.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: football17 on March 09, 2007, 06:52:08 pm
Comparing this to football is like comparing apples to oranges. And why is everyone so happy with 20-win seasons? Geeze, where has our level of standard gone?

20 freaking wins and an RPI of 39 ain't bad sir.

I was not comparing basketball to football, I draw my comparisons coach to coach. Heath is a stand up guy that exudes integrity and leads his players. Nutt is well . . . Nutt.

Stan continues to improve and bring in quality players. Nutt exploits one of the freshest new offensive minds in the country, squanders the potential of two great players, allows if not encourages destructive behavior among his staff and lives to see next year.

The justification for firing Stan, wise as it may seem for recruiting purposes and giving a new coach a good start is just not there in light of the Nuttster's shinnanigans.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Shoe Strings

Quote from: CoachHogT on March 09, 2007, 06:57:51 pm

1. The team is on a roll

If this is true, I hope Stan wins the SEC tourney and makes the sweet 16, then gives the UA the finger

I agree,  + 10

polandhog

1. The team is on a roll

IF this is true... i am so [#$@ed right now at UA AThletics!

HogFan1973

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on March 09, 2007, 06:59:25 pm
Quote from: football17 on March 09, 2007, 06:52:08 pm

20 freaking wins and an RPI of 39 ain't bad sir.

I was not comparing basketball to football, I draw my comparisons coach to coach. Heath is a stand up guy that exudes integrity and leads his players. Nutt is well . . . Nutt.

Stan continues to improve and bring in quality players. Nutt exploits one of the freshest new offensive minds in the country, squanders the potential of two great players, allows if not encourages destructive behavior among his staff and lives to see next year.

The justification for firing Stan, wise as it may seem for recruiting purposes and giving a new coach a good start is just not there in light of the Nuttster's shinnanigans.

+1

WilsonHog

There is one possibility here that might be win-win for several people. If we can make the NCAAs and win a game, Minnesota might be sold on Heath. I imagine that Stan might be ready to go back close to home.   

DeltaBoy

I have been hard on Stan and the boys all season but right here and right now when it is NUTT cutting time  Stan and the Hogs are showing some fire and are winning.   Keep Stan 1 more year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 09, 2007, 07:00:37 pm
There is one possibility here that might be win-win for several people. If we can make the NCAAs and win a game, Minnesota might be sold on Heath. I imagine that Stan might be ready to go back close to home.  

Wait Wilson, you don't mean a normal transition in coaches might occur in Fayetteville do you? This is Arkansas we are talking about here . . .

Shoe Strings

Quote from: polandhog on March 09, 2007, 07:00:02 pm

1. The team is on a roll

IF this is true... i am so [#$@ed right now at UA AThletics!

Oh, I guarantee you it's true.  It's also premeditated, releasing that he had to win the tournament to stay.  All of that media coverage was intended to quiet the anti-Nutt rhetoric, and guess what, it worked.  For that matter, so was the BOT forceout of Broyles.  Just to deflect the negativity and quieten things down for Nutt.  The BOT wants the negative publicity to go away, period.

That's why it'll take national coverage continueing the next couple of weeks to make changes happen.  But, they're going to happen, I feel confident (although I know nothing specific).

polandhog

I'll answer the same way everyone answers re: Bill self...

WHY?

WHY leave with a  LOADED TEAM for next year???  he ain't from 'sota, he's from DETROIT.

WilsonHog

Quote from: polandhog on March 09, 2007, 07:04:59 pm

WHY?

WHY leave with a  LOADED TEAM for next year???  he ain't from 'sota, he's from DETROIT.

Which is why I said "close to home."

The fact is that whether we like it or not the decision may have already been made. "Fair" ain't got nothing to do with it.

HawgG

SI and ESPN is reporting a lot of rumors that will prove to be nothing but that by this weekend.

While the UA administration is pitiful they are not going to fire this man now.

If Heath loses his job then the UA will not only lose the players on the team, but they will get b%$#h slapped by the National media, by the BCA, by the NAACP, and by other coaches that will stand up for Heath.

The only contract the UA is working on now is an extention for Heath, not a buyout.

The UA don't want to start a fire they can't put out.

LJHOG

"where Sweet 16 appearances should happen EVERY year "
Dude you have lost your mind.

football17

Quote from: HawgG on March 09, 2007, 07:11:03 pm
SI and ESPN is reporting a lot of rumors that will prove to be nothing but that by this weekend.

If Heath loses his job then the UA will not only lose the players on the team, but they will get b%$#h slapped by the National media, by the BCA, by the NAACP, and by other coaches that will stand up for Heath.

The only contract the UA is working on now is an extention for Heath, not a buyout.

Dillusional.

polandhog

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 09, 2007, 07:06:36 pm

WHY?

The fact is that whether we like it or not the decision may have already been made. "Fair" ain't got nothing to do with it.

so say BYE BYE to pat bev

polandhog

Quote from: football17 on March 09, 2007, 07:11:58 pm
Quote from: HawgG on March 09, 2007, 07:11:03 pm

Dillusional.

SHUT UP HOUSTON AND GO BACK TO PUTTING UP TARPS ON THE PRACTICE FIELD

Hogtropolis™

Neither does 10 wins in football, but we kept good ole HDN around.  I smell a lawsuit brewing if this happens.  Also, the bball team won't end the year with a 3 game losing streak.

Toad Suck Pork

Wilson,
Do you think the cards have already been dealt?  In other words, Bill Self is already "in the fold", Stan has found another landing spot (i.e. Minnesota), and win or lose we'll have a new basketball coach next season?  I can't see the University putting the finishing touches on a buyout during this winning streak, unless they have a serious upgrade for a head coach waiting in the wings.

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: polandhog on March 09, 2007, 07:12:10 pm
Quote from: WilsonHog on March 09, 2007, 07:06:36 pm

WHY?

so say BYE BYE to pat bev

That would be a terrible decision IMO.  The SEC freshman of the year playing in first class facilities and most likely for Gillespie or Self?  To walk away from that would look ridiculous.

pork-e-pine

I feel that SH has at least earned the right to be replaced by a good coach.  He is showing now that he is probably better than a stop-the-bleeding hire.  So if we can get self (why would he come here) then go for it.  Other than that, keep stan.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

WilsonHog

Ease up on the personal attacks.

Look, I'm pulling like hell for us this weekend.

However, I'm also objective enough to know that what happens this weekend may not matter as far as Heath is concerned. If that's the case, then I'll just have to get glad in the same pants I got mad in.

WilsonHog

Quote from: js1717 on March 09, 2007, 07:12:34 pm

Wilson,
Do you think the cards have already been dealt?  In other words, Bill Self is already "in the fold", Stan has found another landing spot (i.e. Minnesota), and win or lose we'll have a new basketball coach next season?  I can't see the University putting the finishing touches on a buyout during this winning streak, unless they have a serious upgrade for a head coach waiting in the wings.

I wouldn't begin to say that Self or Gillespie is already in the fold, but that doesn't mean a decision hasn't been made.

SiriusHog™

I am not the biggest supporter of Heath, but I am pleased with the teams performance as of late... I am so utterly disgusted at the U of A right now, I hope he wins 2 or 3 more games this year, forcing them to retain him, and then he goes to the PTB office, and farts in JFB's face and punches HDN in the throat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIRWE2OlXD0

pork-e-pine

Quote from: SiriusHog™ on March 09, 2007, 07:25:12 pm
then (I Hope) he goes to the PTB office, and farts in JFB's face and punches HDN in the throat...

If he did that, would you think he should be fired?  I mean, HN may deserve a punch and who wouldn't want to see the look on FB's face, but that would almost certainly get him fired.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

hawgfan72116

After all this Stan will be in for other jobs and why would he want to stay? He has proven that he can recruit and his players seem to really like him. I don't disagree that it might not be time for him to go but :razorback: :razorback:

SiriusHog™

Quote from: pork-e-pine on March 09, 2007, 07:28:37 pm
Quote from: SiriusHog™ on March 09, 2007, 07:25:12 pm
then (I Hope) he goes to the PTB office, and farts in JFB's face and punches HDN in the throat...

If he did that, would you think he should be fired?  I mean, HN may deserve a punch and who wouldn't want to see the look on FB's face, but that would almost certainly get him fired.

Heath farting in JFB's face is nothing compared to the dump JFB and HDN have been taking on this whole state for the past 10 years..

pork-e-pine

Quote from: hawgfan72116 on March 09, 2007, 07:30:25 pm
After all this Stan will be in for other jobs and why would he want to stay? He has proven that he can recruit and his players seem to really like him. I don't disagree that it might not be time for him to go but :razorback: :razorback:

This is a good point.  If heath makes the tourney and wins a game or two he and self can just trade places.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;