Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Thread: Arkansas 17-12 (6-9) at (19) Vanderbilt 20-9 (10-5)

Started by Bomis Hawg, March 03, 2007, 11:54:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomis Hawg

Adam Stokes

I hope Bev can live up to his remark on Wednesday, I hope he can.

Bomis Hawg

Vandy is selling DVDs of the win over #1 Florida, with their commentator on it.  Cool stuff.

HogISH™

i got the hogs +5 just could not pull the trigger on the ML

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

Bomis Hawg

Gary Ervin, Patrick Beverley, Sonny Weems, Charles Thomas, and Steven Hill starting for Arkansas.

Alex Gordon, Dan Cage, Derrick Byars, Shan Foster, and Ted Skuchas starting for Vanderbilt.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Just let me say for the record I hate Rick Schaeffer. 

Did anyone here him saying "Well Vandy brought Stallings back and look what he has done"  Anyone that wants to emulate the Vandy model is a complete Moron.  They also consider a 4-7 season where they hang with the big big boys in a few games a good season.

I hope he rides off into the sunset with Frank and Houston or leaves the next time that Comet comes around. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Bomis Hawg

It would be crazy if Stallings went 4-7. ;D

Many Vandy fans wanted Stallings gone for players leaving the program and not winning the big one very often.  That's what Schaeffer is talking about.

Bomis Hawg

Just my opinion..  But, you are going to listen, I guess, to the SEC's player of the year and SEC's Frosh of the year in Vandy's Derrick Byars and Arkansas' Patrick Beverley.

If they gave defensive player of the year, it should go to Steven Hill..

polandhog

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 03, 2007, 12:02:43 pm
It would be crazy if Stallings went 4-7. ;D

Many Vandy fans wanted Stallings gone for players leaving the program and not winning the big one very often.  That's what Schaeffer is talking about.

I meant there football teams goes 4-7 and they think it's a good season
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

TMc

Good luck to you Hoggish.. I would have taken Vandy in a heartbeat .., these guys just don't do well on the road.  Hopefully they will today though.

lightsout

Bomis Hawg

Bomis Hawg

Dwight_K_Shrute

An average coach should be able to have a decent season once every 4 years.  Anyone that thinks Stallings will replicate that success every year is nuts.  There is a reason it is there first 20 win season in 14 years.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Bomis Hawg

Bomis Hawg

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Dwight_K_Shrute

Bomis Hawg

Bomis Hawg

Bomis Hawg

Bomis Hawg

Bomis Hawg

Bomis Hawg

Bomis Hawg

Bomis Hawg

Bomis Hawg

Bomis Hawg

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Bomis Hawg

Hogs 3/5 on 2pt.
Dores 2/4 on 2pt.

Hogs with a 3-1 turnover edge.  Nice.

Bomis Hawg

Hogs going to Zone, with one outside shooter int he game for VU.

Bomis Hawg

Adam Stokes

Something else we have to look for today is how other bubble teams fare.  Want want the teams in the top 25 to win like crazy and the non-locks to lose.  Here is how some of the bubble teams are fairing right now.

Xavier -3 at La Salle
  FSU +1 at Miami
  Virginia Commonwealth +5 vs GA State
  Michigan St +1 at Wisconsin
  Illinois -1 at Iowa

Bomis Hawg

arkjayback

Bomis Hawg

Bomis Hawg

polandhog

these updates are great if you are watching from a phone (which i will be later)

thanks guys!

Junkyard Hog

Bomis Hawg

TV Timeout.

(Jermaine Beale with the last bucket).
Game tied at 12.
12:23 remaining.

polandhog

Bomis Hawg

2pt: Arkansas 60%; Dores 50%
3pt: Arkansas 50%; Dores: 100%

Neither team with a FT attempt.  Arkansas with 3 fouls; Dores with 2.

Bomis Hawg

Dores got a break.  They ran on the inbounds, but weren't supposed to.  Oops.

jbcarol

Way to go Bomis.  The comments are fine but changes in score and substantial changes in time remaining are what is important to us who are way out range.  The "live" internet updates are running on life support.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Bomis Hawg

hogfan11

Bomis Hawg

I'm listening on the net.  Not getting many time updates.