Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get Carlipari now

Started by Gosnellhog, February 25, 2007, 06:46:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gosnellhog

Watched memphis on the tube today and was totally impresssed by the play of Memphis ..reminded me of the old 40 mins of hell..but with a coach that knows how to handle the press..I say pay him whatever and get him now..7 straight 20 win seasons at Memphis (I know conference usa is not the sec)..but that was fun to watch.

wooo

can't argue with you.

UMass was great as well

preach33

Calipari would be a God send. But, would he leave Memphis. right now he is God there.

polandhog

Calipari should be in jail.

Hong Kong Sooey

Calipari?  Do you owe the Mob some money or what?  Talk about recruiting violations...

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

preach33

He can coach - some may not like him - but he has turned Memphis into a winner

football17

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

He hates UA.

He's a sorry, no good SOB.

preach33

I personaly like Calipari, but like I said in a previous post, I am still on my personal Petino band wagon

An old hog fanatic

I think I'm going to throw-up.  The guy seems to be as crooked as a dogs hind leg.  We all want a winner but not at any cost.  This guy is trouble walking and he's going to get caught some day.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

BigDeal

Calipari is a great coach, but even better recruiter. He is not leaving Memphis anytime soon.

brooks74

Calipari would be at the bottom of my list.  I say keep Stan before we hire Calipari.  He maybe a winner, but he doesn't do it honestly, and I have never had an ounce of respect for the man.

18HogHead09

What about Heath?  He's great right.  He made one NCAA Tourney with a ton of talent.  Actually Heath is terrible and should be fired unless he wins  the SEC Tournament and makes the NCAA tourney again (which he won't), because we have a ton of talent with Beverly, Weems, Thomas, Hill, Ervin, Welsh, and McCurdy. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Erockster20

If he is the absolute last choice...............well then...........................................

KEEP STAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

razrken

Calimari and Daly are big buddies...They own a bar together on Beale Street.  But Calimari is a joke...a walking, talking NCAA investigation...Lets Hire hime and sell our soul to the devil!!!!!!

HawgG

This has to be a joke topic right?

The only thing that Calipari would want to do at the UA is take a leak on the grass.

Calipari is a city guy and he views NWA as the country where everybody is bare feet and sisters marrying their brothers.

Guys like Calipari and Pitino laugh at the notion of living in NWA and their wives would hate it even more.

brodie_hawg

Calipari would not come here IMO.  Isnt he the one that stopped the basketball series a few years back because he did not think Arkansas was an elite enough program for his memphis tigers to play.

Bohawg

I'd rather have Houston coach the bball team rather than take Calipari!  Wait a minute...yea I would.  You don't reckon he would go for that move do you?  I know theres no helmet to love, but it would only leave him 15 young men to mess up instead of 85.

ballhog™

yes, he said he didn't want tiger high to help arkansas fill their arena.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

CheeZ_PuFF

We need to get Self or Petino, case closed

BassinHawg

Calipari made some pretty derogatory remarks about the State of Arkansas and the University a few years back.

He burnt bridges before they were ever built!

Let him stay an Mempiss St.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

brodie_hawg

Someone needs to remind Calipari that they play in C-USA and play the mighty powers of Houston and UAB week in and week out. 

hoginator

No thanks. He's been less than respectful to the U of A, even when we were winning...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Tone

Was it Bo Mattingly or Shawn Arnell who almost got in a fight with the Memphis assistant the last time we played them here (in an elevator).  At that time Calipari said that Arkansas was not an elite team and would not remain on Memphis' schedule.  He is a greaseball with an elitest attitude who deserves to stay in the hell hole known as Memphis. 

gduchar

Quote from: polandhog on February 25, 2007, 06:53:03 pm
Calipari should be in jail.

what he said. where's dujuan wagner now.

WestMemphisHogFan

Brand X Hog Fan

I am glad you suggested this thug Calipari. Gets the heat off me for suggesting Sampson! Any coach that would shove an opposing player needs to be banned from the league. Now, someone refresh my memory as to who that was . . . Pookie?
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

booogaga

no way. calipari bashed the u of a a few years back, he was mad that memphis had to play us because we were not a quality opponent. do we forget this, screw him. i dont want him to be our coach. plus if he were we would be in recruiting violations every year.
GO HOGS!

lrar1974

Calipari...   :puke: 

Why don't we just go ahead and put ourselves on probation and save some money.

swoopeshog

February 25, 2007, 08:09:42 pm #29 Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 08:18:19 pm by swoopeshog
Quote from: brodie_hawg on February 25, 2007, 07:15:16 pm
Calipari would not come here IMO.  Isnt he the one that stopped the basketball series a few years back because he did not think Arkansas was an elite enough program for his memphis tigers to play.

He'd do anything to keep us from recruiting Memphis. Besides we don't have enough hair oil to keep him in supply.
Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

H-O-double g

Calipari, or as I like to call him, "Capriati"???? NO THANK YOU! Just thinking that there are a few hog fans out there that actually want this guy, makes me want to puke!

Footballref

I would not want that man here in Arkansas I don't hate anyone but he is real close to the top of the list if I did.

I would not want him to coach me to take a s@#$.

strawhog

more speculation Heath isnt gone yet nothing more than a rumor.

The_Bionic_Pig

Calapari is killing his competition in Conference USA not the ACC/SEC/Big East ..etc..  keep that in mind before you anoint him a savior. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

RockyMtnHog

February 25, 2007, 08:34:53 pm #34 Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 08:37:53 pm by RockyMtnHog
Trust me, we do not want any part of Calipari.  He bad mouthed Arkansas really bad back in the Nolan years.  He hated everything about Arkansas.  He told Nolan to stay away from Memphis in recruiting.  We had gotten a lot of great players out of Memphis.  I think Todd Day and the Big O were two of them during those years.  Now think about it.  Who has came from the Memphis area recently other than Sonny Weems?
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

press ham

wooo

we have certainly picked up some great players from the big M, but the big O is a Texas guy

walrus

Funny that you think Calipari is a great coach.  The Memphis talk radio callers say just the opposite.  His players usually drive Escalades, many have off the court problems.  CUSA is a joke conference. 

gobigred13

I have to make this comment and I think most will agree.  It is easy to look like an all-american basketball program when you play teams the likes of SMU and Rice.  Come on, Even this year's razorbacks team would be number 2 in Conference USA.  It's a week conference and that makes memphis look better than they appear. 

Queen Hog

I would take Houston Nutt over Calipari to coach the basketball team.
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

TRUHOG718

While I dont particulalarly want him. I'd still take em.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

hoggystyle78

No way!, Calicrappy is an A-HOLE!, remember that comment a few years back when he called Arkansas a "regional" program? I never have liked him, don't trust him, that's all we need, another coach we can't trust with an ego problem, no thanks, I'll pass, give me Gillispie or Turgeon.

hog caller

give Heath a point guard and you will see a different team out there.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: hog caller on February 25, 2007, 09:10:37 pm
He had five years to recruit one.  Looks like it's his own fault...

And they would still be heartless.

Richard_white

Quote from: hog caller on February 25, 2007, 09:10:37 pm

Is he waiting on one to drop in his lap?  I think Stan has a problem with PG as to Nolan with C.

pokerhog

canadianrazorback

Quote from: Gosnellhog on February 25, 2007, 06:46:46 pm
Watched memphis on the tube today and was totally impresssed by the play of Memphis ..reminded me of the old 40 mins of hell..but with a coach that knows how to handle the press..I say pay him whatever and get him now..7 straight 20 win seasons at Memphis (I know conference usa is not the sec)..but that was fun to watch.

LOL, and you guys thought Nolan had a big ego.  There are others out there trust me.  What have they done in the tourney lately?

TorsinAHog

You need to have you keyboard slammed down on your fingers for typing that. I would NEVER root for one of his teams.  I dont care if they ran off 2 straight NC.  Talk about a sleaze bag.  Just sell you soul while your at it.   

I need a dang shower now.  Thanks!
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

johnny cash

Get Dickie Nutt we need more to complain about.

ozarkhog

The man thinks we are all hicks, he has no respect for the tradition or the state. He is a bottom feeder.
AKA: Snowflake  
Watch your thoughts; they become your words.
Watch your words; they become your actions.
Watch your actions; they become your habits.
Watch your habits; they become your character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny