Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What about Rick Pitino?

Started by RD, February 21, 2007, 11:08:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis-Hogfan

They are building Petino a new arena that is going to be amazing.  He likes it here in "The Ville" and the people here are very forgiving, as long as they see progress. They sell out 20,000+ even on a fair year, with people waiting in line for tickets.  His recruiting base is in the east NY NJ and Chicago, where he plays.  And Petino is a city boy, and contrary to popular belief, NWA/Fayetteville is still a town(s).

I say, apologize like crazy to Richardson, and go for Anderson.  He will bring the hogs back to the top of the basketball world again.  Petino could, but he would not stay for long. 

And he has that girlfriend here.  "That Veronica Vaughn is one fine peice of AYCE!"

John Futrall

How about Mike Kyrewsdsfksajkski, the coach at Duke?

Or maybe John Wooden

cmoorehogs

Quote from: mikeyg31 on February 22, 2007, 09:56:57 am

Or maybe John Wooden

I like the John Wooden idea. How did you know how to spell Coach K's name? I can never remember what comes after the K!!!

John Futrall

Quote from: cmoorehogs on February 22, 2007, 10:04:19 am
Quote from: mikeyg31 on February 22, 2007, 09:56:57 am

Or maybe John Wooden

I like the John Wooden idea. How did you know how to spell Coach K's name? I can never remember what comes after the K!!!

I know it starts with a K, and ends with a ski, and whatever is in between is "filler" as far as I'm concerned :)

razorbackmike

I live up in Columbia and I think that Anderson is pretty happy up here and he has had a real warm response from the fans.

As for Anderson not "proving" himself, while that may be true, I do know that he has been to the tournament more times than Arkansas since Heath became head coach and with better results.

NEA Boss Hog

Didn't Pitino come in under the cover of darkness during all the Nolan controversy? I think he would love to come in and dominate the SEC and put KU on its heels.

parrishw

Rick Patino would be a good fit. After Nolan was finally able to get enough good athletes to play his syle of B Ball and we moved to the SEC, Pitino was so enamored of the Nolan style that he cam e to Nolan's annual golf outing and spent the few days picking his brain. The next year it was clear that Pitino had picked up a few Nolan ideas on the full court trapping defense and Kentucky got a little bit more difficult to play against. If Pitino copuld get a little further away from Kentucky geographically he would not have to compete from the same pool of players. I like this idea so kudos to the guy that made this suggestion.

jkcrunch

Quote from: bassntrucks on February 22, 2007, 07:00:09 am
Pony up the dough and offer Pitino too much to turn down!

Celtics already did that now we do not have enough to change his mind