YES, BUT Only if Houston Nutt gets fired
87 (14.3%)
OTHER
5 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 564

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Pigskin_Porker on February 22, 2007, 12:55:49 am
Quote from: NuttinItUp on February 22, 2007, 12:46:36 am
Depends on if we make the tourney. There is still a slim chance. If no, then oust him.

I agree the chance is slim at best.  BUT if he can somehow win out and get to the big dance and win at least one game or make it to the sweet 16 then he should get 1 more year because it will be an improvement.  BUT that's not gonna happen so it'll be a moot point.

What we need to do is fork out however many millions it takes to lure Billy Gillispie away from Texas A & M before he gets to win his first of possibly multiple NCAA National Championships!!

Gillispie's record this year so far:

23-4, 11-2 (BIG 12)

He has a career record for 73-51, but is 67-25 in his last three seasons, including a 49-6 mark in home games. At A&M, Gillispie is 43-19.
I think Gillispie is there for the long term. Lots of money, low expectations, long contract, he is a virtual demigod on campus, the chance to build a dynasty from scratch, what could be better?

Pigskin_Porker

Good points, BUT if we showed him enough $$$$$$$$$ would he come???
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Pigskin_Porker on February 22, 2007, 01:03:24 am
As the saying goes, everyone has their price. ;)

Pigskin_Porker

Quote from: NuttinItUp on February 22, 2007, 01:06:03 am
Quote from: Pigskin_Porker on February 22, 2007, 01:03:24 am
As the saying goes, everyone has their price. ;)

Exactly 2.5 million per year with a contract for 8 years.  20 million.  Think about it. 

Is it worth it to us to get back in the national basketball scene within 2 years!!! 

Season tickets would skyrocket and the BUD would be rockin' again like in the mid 90's!!!!!!
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

d1nonlyhogfan

Only if Nutt is on his heels, or vice versa.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

hawgtahm

I voted to fire him at the end of the year. It would serve no purpose to fire him now. I do, however, reserve the right to retract my vote should he pull off an unlikely run to the NCAAT and get to the sweet 16 (2nd round might even do it). We should have everyone returning, you know.

Heck, I'll admit it. I'm a homer holding onto a glimmer of hope.

Pigskin_Porker

Quote from: hawgtahm on February 22, 2007, 02:22:43 am
I voted to fire him at the end of the year. It would serve no purpose to fire him now. I do, however, reserve the right to retract my vote should he pull off an unlikely run to the NCAAT and get to the sweet 16 (2nd round might even do it). We should have everyone returning, you know.

Heck, I'll admit it. I'm a homer holding onto a glimmer of hope.

I'll retract mine, too.  I think when I set up this poll I allowed for someone to change their vote, but I don't remember for sure . . .

Lando Calrissian

What. A. Mess.

(That doesn't just go for basketball.  Everything is included.)

It's a mess.  A complete and total mess.

-----------------------------

Thank God for good weather and baseball.

That might be the only thing that's keeping Fayetteville from being $ucked straight into the 7th level of hell at this point.

I mean, really, where do you even start when trying to repair something like this?
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Pigskin_Porker

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on February 22, 2007, 02:40:24 am
What. A. Mess.

That might be the only thing that's keeping Fayetteville from being $ucked straight into the 7th level of hell at this point.

I mean, really, where do you even start when trying to repair something like this?

You start by squeezing out the AD as best you can and now they have to move on to the head coaches.  Otherwise getting sucked into the 7th level of he!! would be welcomed compared with OVERALL APATHY REGARDING THE HOGS FROM RAZORBACK NATION.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Pigskin_Porker on February 22, 2007, 02:47:56 am
Quote from: Lando Calrissian on February 22, 2007, 02:40:24 am
What. A. Mess.

You start by squeezing out the AD as best you can and now they have to move on to the head coaches.  Otherwise getting eat picklesed into the 7th level of he!! would be welcomed compared with OVERALL APATHY REGARDING THE HOGS FROM RAZORBACK NATION.

I suppose they've already done step #1.

But now where do you go?

You can't really fire Heath without doing the same to Nutt...but you can't get rid of BOTH.  It would be the kiss of death to get rid of both.

Lets be honest, all issues of fairness aside, even the Huggers are calling for Heath's head.

What a mess.

Thank God for decent weather and baseball.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

bkjacks

Yes! He didn't hire a good enough staff to make up for his shortcomings (or he won't let them). Stan just can't get his team ready for the road, or the weak sisters. They get their self ready for the ranked teams, someone needs to get them ready for the weaker teams, Stan just can't geterdone.
I think it would be funny if we brought in Sean Sutton, how would Anderson like that.

Rockhawg

IMO. Heath should have been fired 3 yrs. ago.That's also when i quit buying season tickets.
I have a friend ( black ) who is a U of A grad. and he swears that if Stan is fired befor Nutt
that there will be a Rally at the Hill and the cries of Discrimination will be heard Nationally.
My friend is very involved in the Black Community and all Diversity issues.By the way, befor someone jumps on me for saying Black and not African American forget it.He says he is not African American
he is a Proud Black Man.This issue concerns me because my friend is not a Razorback fan.

razorrog1

He should be fired at the end of the season. He's a nice guy and that's the problem.  We need a tough SOB like we've had in the past.

Dr Swineglove

First things first; Fire Houston Nutt!
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Conway Cool Daddy

He has lost this team. Fire him now.

Let one of the assts coach, or bring in Sutton to finish the year.
It will give you more time to search for Stans replacement.

Junkyard Hog

Fire him at the end of the season.  Start the search now.

Juboar

Other.  Nit = Fired
          NCAA = One more year.  I would start looking at options for a new coach this morning because
                     the odds are "one in a million" - but I guess "he's got a chance". 

GHG3

I love the fact this thread was started right after a loss! A bit biased are we?

hogfan x

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on February 22, 2007, 07:51:49 am
Fire him at the end of the season.  Start the search now.

I feel the same way.  I have tried to give Stan time, but now I believe he has enough talent and they are not winning.  It has to fall back to the Head coach.  This team should be running away with the West. 
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

spudhog

don't fire during the season unless he pulls a jim harrick or something like that. he obviously can't cut it in the weak sec west. we are both better off without each other.

tbhogfan

I think that Stan Heath is a fine human being.  My son has met him several times and thinks the world of him.  That being said, this team has definitely underperformed.  They should be running away and hiding from a very weak SEC West.  The talent is there, the results are not.

And a note for the hiring committee:  If you get a chance to talk to a Bill Self type, but that coach does not want to come to campus, PLEASE meet that coach somewhere.   You are looking for the best coach available, not the best coach who will visit you on campus.
Go Hogs!

mword

Like Nutt, Heath should have been fired a long time ago.

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

I don't see how anyone could keep their job after losing to Auburn in basketball.  We are so talented this year too.  What a waste as usual because of crappy coaching.
Go Hogs! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys! Go Mavs! Go Stars!

cmoorehogs

I don't see how Houston Nutt has anything to do with it. Sure Houston should be fired, no doubt. But linking the two makes no sense. Just based on job performance alone Stan should be fired. Once again we will not be in the NCAA tournament. 4 out of 5 years under SH not in the tournament. Horrible.

DeltaBoy

Yes but we need a package deal. Frank could win back some folks by Firing Houston, Shiebest, Stan and the Womens BB coach. He also would get back in my good graces if he would use his influence to get rid of Rick, Otis and Chuck also.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Chad In Real Life

Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: Juicemeister on February 21, 2007, 09:28:49 pm
I love all the "FIRE HEATH" posts that come after a loss.

What did you expect.........after a win?

If you honestly think he's the man for the job.....you've been purely deprived of what success feels like.

BirminghamBill

Heath is just as good as an interim to me, and I'd like the new AD to be able to hand pick who works under him.  It hurts, but I agree with the previous poster that we should wait on a new AD. 

Unless White gets the ball rolling and hires the new AD in enough time that their time overlaps with Broyles' we may need to sit on our hands for a season.

cosmodrum

Gone after the season. You don't cut a man off in the middle of a poop.

How much would Mike Anderson cost?   ;D

We could have our style of bball back. We could have a GOOD coach. Frank will have one foot out of the door by the start of next season, so that really wouldn't be an issue.

This is probably a pipe dream, but it was so tough watching the old Hoggystyle whup our butts. Could you imagine run and gun with the guys we'd have next year?!

Back to my crackpipe.
Go away, batin'

Pigskin_Porker

It looks like 72% of us feel Stan Heath should've been fired last night or at least by the end of the year.

Thanks to all who voted.  SH is fixin' to be GONE at the end of the season unless Chancellor White f's everything up.  Or JFB if he still has that type of power left which remains to be seen.

hawgfan72116

Coach Heath seems like a real nice guy but the team just shows no passion and that comes from the Coach. They play like he Coaches. Its a shame because the talent is there for them to be pretty good and they have proved against some pretty good teams that they are talented. WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Whoever votes Yes but only if Nutt is fired first is like voting for Al Sharpton for president. Its a throwaway vote that makes no sense.

stronguard

STANLEY is awful.  He should thank Ronnie Brewer from the bottom of his heart for allowing him to keep his job this long.  The day STANLEY leaves will be the day our program improves, no matter who the next coach is.  Get rid of this clown.

STANLEY must go.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

holtzhog

I wonder what the winning percentages are between BB and FB.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: holtzhog on February 22, 2007, 05:55:06 pm
I wonder what the winning percentages are between BB and FB.
Basketball (as of 2/22) .525
Football .604

Not just a whole lot of difference.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Pigskin_Porker

The difference and overall percentages make me want to puke . . . .   :puke:

Pigskin_Porker

Quote from: hawgfan72116 on February 22, 2007, 04:39:18 pm
Coach Heath seems like a real nice guy but the team just shows no passion and that comes from the Coach. They play like he Coaches. Its a shame because the talent is there for them to be pretty good and they have proved against some pretty good teams that they are talented. WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

His lack of passion definitely reflects on the players, except for Beverly.

Pigskin_Porker

It looks like 71% of us were right or close to it. . . .