Started by allyoucaneatbuffet, February 21, 2007, 04:07:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigE_23

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2007, 04:28:48 pm
Quote from: hogsrmyfav36 on February 21, 2007, 04:27:31 pm
Quote from: TheHogFan on February 21, 2007, 04:21:50 pm
Quote from: hogsrmyfav36 on February 21, 2007, 04:19:07 pm
Quote from: JustoHogFan on February 21, 2007, 04:15:38 pm
Said he went to Gus and asked him "what about the no-huddle" and said Gus felt like he did not want to run the no-huddle

BS  No way a man who writes an entire book on this offense turns down the opportunity to run no-huddle.  No way
If your team is not ready and running it will make your offense look bad, then, yes you turn down the opportunity to run it. Why? So you can win the game!

Yeah, right.  It looked really bad when we used it against USC for the 1 series we marched straight down the field and scored.

Yea, DMAC up the gut looked bad too on that 80 yarder against LSU,  or the 60 yarder against Auburn.  1 Series does not an offense make.
DMAC can do the same thing in the no huddle!

BigDeal

I'm really as unbiased about this whole thing as they come. Let me tell you that wasn't a bad interview. Nutt WAS asked the hard questions. Gus,MM,EmailGate,Transfers,etc. He handled himself in a very professional manner and my quess is that he won people over who may have been questioning him.

Brand X Hog Fan

Dammit to Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

TheHogFan

Quote from: Hoggingit on February 21, 2007, 04:25:06 pm
Rick S. and Randy R. need to be put on the hot seat for this kind of crap!!! I say we bombard the BOT and others about this kind of media spin. This must stop with this athletic program.
Why do you care if he is going to be gone soon anyways?

arkrzrbacks

I'm sorry guy's and gal's but I dislike Nutt more and more everytime I hear him. I try to think of myself as a God fearing christain, but dang. There is no way in $%^& that I would let my kid play for him. I love the hogs but I'm losing the hold Razorback Football has had on me for all these years. I'm seriously considering turning my attention to Baseball 365 days a year.

Shaddox

Quote from: BigDeal on February 21, 2007, 04:31:09 pm
I'm really as unbiased about this whole thing as they come. Let me tell you that wasn't a bad interview. Nutt WAS asked the hard questions. Gus,MM,EmailGate,Transfers,etc. He handled himself in a very professional manner and my quess is that he won people over who may have been questioning him.

Not me

beachhawg

I am amazed at the way this "interview" went, more like disappointing.  This proves that DTS is part of the propaganda machine.  If Nutt wants to impress me, take some calls.  Let some of "his fans" that are proud of him ask him a few questions.
Why he keeps bringing up the springdale situation I dont understand.  Talk about what is happening with he and Danny, why Wood was retained, why he cant recruit, why he wanted the HUNH yet Frank said no, it wont work.  Ask him about the talking in circles and the covering of things he has said and done.  Talk about the emails, the booster meddling by you know who (email chick), etc.
This "shot" at an interview was a joke.

LRcopperhog

I also bet that it was a taped interview

timmyhog

you're kidding, right?  who is this, T Prewitt?  this was completely a scripted repeat of the paper interview...

panichog

TRUST me, he knew about the e-mail.  You mean to tell me that your wife knew, your daughter knew (she told me it was funny), but you didn't know??  I mean WTH over??
Panic

hogsgrl09

im not sure if that is sarcasm or not...but....be prepared to be eaten up
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

RhodeHog

I loved the interview.  Now it's time to FIRE NUTT!

dowils

FANTASTIC INTERVIEW!!!!   Coach Nutt did a tremendous job!!!   The Razorbacks are very lucky to have such a terrific coach!!!  Go Hogs!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: BigE_23 on February 21, 2007, 04:31:04 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2007, 04:28:48 pm
Quote from: hogsrmyfav36 on February 21, 2007, 04:27:31 pm
Quote from: TheHogFan on February 21, 2007, 04:21:50 pm
Quote from: hogsrmyfav36 on February 21, 2007, 04:19:07 pm
Quote from: JustoHogFan on February 21, 2007, 04:15:38 pm
Said he went to Gus and asked him "what about the no-huddle" and said Gus felt like he did not want to run the no-huddle

BS  No way a man who writes an entire book on this offense turns down the opportunity to run no-huddle.  No way
If your team is not ready and running it will make your offense look bad, then, yes you turn down the opportunity to run it. Why? So you can win the game!

Yeah, right.  It looked really bad when we used it against USC for the 1 series we marched straight down the field and scored.

Yea, DMAC up the gut looked bad too on that 80 yarder against LSU,  or the 60 yarder against Auburn.  1 Series does not an offense make.
DMAC can do the same thing in the no huddle!

And you can throw a long pass and run a Qb draw out of the I too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

beachhawg

BS.  He wasnt asked 1 hard question.  Those questions were rehearsed.

arkrzrbacks

Are you really kidding? Do you think he wasn't provided a list of questions ahead of time and answered those he could twist?

tiber

"We've sold more tickets..."

This is the bottom line.  Thinking this idiot cares about perception outside the state is wrong. 
Change will be up to the BOT.  It is up to the people of Arkansas to convince the BOT change is necessary.  The BOT cares about ticket sales, and this is used as a primary metric to gauge the performance of the current staff.

McFadden is selling tickets.  Nutt is not.

RedRiverHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 23, 2011, 12:45:49 pm
Then I luuuuuvs the dick.

"Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is free to combat it"  - Thomas Jefferson

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

SexyBeast77

Can you imagine how much better that would have been if Mike Irwin or Grant Hall had been asking the questions?
Actually, anbody at all (outside of the Good old boy network) could have asked better questions.

beachhawg

Okay, so has anyone sent Nutt a nice or bad email?  Let us know

arkrzrbacks

Quote from: dowils on February 21, 2007, 04:33:14 pm
FANTASTIC INTERVIEW!!!!   Coach Nutt did a tremendous job!!!   The Razorbacks are very lucky to have such a terrific coach!!!  Go Hogs!!!

Going for the smite record, I assume?

mizzouman

Nutt cannot be interviewed by DTS or Sports Rap or anyone who has a vested in interest in this program.  This was 30 minutes of wasted time.  If you want answers, Nutt will need to be interviewed by real sports journalists.

beachhawg

Wow, Tracy on DTS busted out rick and randy and they are spinning it.

panichog

Panic

HogAR

Anyone here genuinely expected hard-hitting, in-depth, expository, investigative reporting from DTS?

gosh

wOW rANDY SHOULD HAVE JUST READ THE NEWSPAPER ARTICLE. :razorback:
That was not what we thought it would be.
BS/BS/BS/BS/BS/BS/BS/BS/BS/BS/BS/BS

dowils

I love having Coach Nutt as our head coach!!  If you don't like Houston don't listen to the interview...

BenTokin

OMG!!!>?!>!>! YOU POMPASS BASTARD!!!
WpS

Hoop

Quote from: RedRiverHog on February 21, 2007, 04:33:45 pm
Quote from: Hoop on February 21, 2007, 04:29:58 pm
Quote from: RedRiverHog on February 21, 2007, 04:28:39 pm
gonna be ready for Texarkana...

give him hell!!

Need some questions to ask??..........
Here's one:

Why were you going to demote the OC of the year?
Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

timmyhog

rr is about as thin skinned as HDN... now telling folks on the air to listen to something else instead of DTS

beachhawg

Why is this 10 game thing so big?  We didnt win any quality games but Auburn

razornole

look at it from the huggers side.  He DID do a good job.
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

tiber

Nutt DID NOT answer the tough questions.  Yes, Nutt WAS asked the tough questions. 

timmyhog

RS just compared us to the Hatfields and McCoys... wow!

hogsanity

Would it matter what they asked?  No matter what he said, you guys would say he was lying.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

SexyBeast77

I sent an email question for Houston (that of course didn't get asked)

Houston, If you felt your remaining as coach hurt the program and the university, for example your being coach hurt recruiting, would you step down for the good of the University?

beachhawg

Take him to task.  He gets paid for it

BigDeal

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on February 21, 2007, 04:32:48 pm

im not sure if that is sarcasm or not...but....be prepared to be eaten up

I'm out of state and am very glad someone pointed the link for the streaming media to the DTS interview. This is my FIRST time to listen in on a Nutt interview all year. I was impressed. He handled himself well, he was professional, and he didn't seem to be caught in any lies. If he can travel the state with this type of PR, it will be good for the fan base. Go Hogs !

pikehog

amazing that everyone outside of Arkansas tells HDN how good he does.

pikehog

Yeah now a Hugger is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HoggieStyle

Sounds to me like he still just wants it all to go away.

RhodeHog

Why did you bench a 7-0 starting QB?

hogfan47

it really does not matter.
There is nothing coach Nutt can say that will make a single difference
in the mind of some on this board. it is up to each one to make there
own minds up . resorting to cut downs and namecalling.
Simply cheapen ones view.
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

BigE_23

Rick just said that people from outside of Arkansas don't understand why there's so much turmoil.

COULD IT BE BECAUSE THEY'RE FROM OUTSIDE THE STATE OF ARKANSAS!

They don't get to hear this crap everyday!

BenTokin

Howabout the important questions!!!!!
WpS

timmyhog

how did they take emails through the day... how did people know HDN was going to be on DTS?

Pork Salad Annie

Ole Houston took NO calls.
According to HolyMan Rick: "he needed to be in the weight room" with his players.
They really think we are a dumb bunch of "slaps".
Get lost Houston!

LRcopperhog

I would have liked Mike from Stuttgart to get a question in.

razornole

Quote from: BBailey on February 21, 2007, 04:35:42 pm
Why is this 10 game thing so big?  We didnt win any quality games but Auburn

cuz for nonhogvillians it is a big deal (you have to do the math to see um well not so much)
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

ArchitectHog

Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.