Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HDN IS ON THE BUZZ RIGHT NOW

Started by football17, February 09, 2007, 08:51:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1CavHog

This is great. The media has finally turned on Nutt. I love it. Whats even better is Nutt is so thin skinned that he gets baited into calling a radio station and making an ass of himself.

cityhog

I said yesterday that the worm has turned as far as the print media is concerned with Nutt.  They no longer have his back.  Now we have the morning talk shows starting to make fun of him, and Nutt is actually going on these shows.  These are the last days people.  (And no I don't mean days as in he's gone next week, but we are definately approaching the end of an era.)  It doesn't look like it's going to be a pretty ending either.  Lots of blood on the wall after this one.

Dugann

rofl this is toooo damn good omg this was/is great
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Pissed Pig

HDN is a man without support.  I believe he is in full CYA mode and Wally reported a small portion of what needed to be reported.

This is embarassing for a head coach of a major institiution to come on a radio show to "duke it out".  He is clearly trying to stop it before more surfaces.  He is not a winner, his record proves that. 

The U of A has a SID, HDN you CAN report on every rumor, it's call a SID, and the internet.  If you believe this coach, you are seriously mentally handicapped.  This guy would sell, woops he has already done that!

HDN is in trouble.  What kind of coach acts like this?  You are 9th in recruiting in the SEC, Dale, you can't spin it anymore.  And as for the Jamaal Anderson comment, let's count recruits we have had in ten years that get NATIONAL exposure.  He may have improved the NFL entrance numbers, but I am talking about four to five per year that should be first day draftees.  you know like LSU, Fla, etc.

Dugann

rofl they was both really pissed of and about to really go at it if tommy didn't get in middle too funny.

Vinnie Hogarino

Lovin' it.  Two callers in a row dogging Tommy for breaking it up.  Second caller: Tommy, this was Ali v. Frazier and you were the ref trying to break up the fight.  He just kept laying it on.

Michaelt

NOW, would be a great time to email Frank, the BOT, the Sports complex up there, flood their email boxes with reports from the conversation on the radio this morning.

This is where people can start making a difference; Houston has put himself out on the line, time to call him on it.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

josh_sec33

All I'm asking is that someone PLEASE record the interview and post it on here. wow. absolutely insane. This is hilarious.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Babbitt

All Doubt Removed: Houston Dale Nutt is a MANIAC!!!

Swino

QuoteWE NEVER BLAMED THE MEDIA"

Lie

Quote"I WENT TO GUS AND SAID, ALEX WOOD IS INTERVIEWING WITH THE BENGALS AND I SAID WE NEED NFL EXPERIENCE LIKE DAVID LEE"

Lie.  Mort told Gus and Gus went to Houston on a Friday to ask about it. 

Quote"NO ONE WAS RUDE TO GUS MALZAHN.  NEVER HAS BEEN RUDE"

Lie - 

Quote"WALLY, IF YOU THINK FOR ONE MINUTE I PUT 1 PLAYER OUT THERE TO BE HURT??  TO SAY THIS KID WAS PLAYING WITH A SEPARATED SHOULDER, NOT TRUE.  HE HAD A SPRAINED SHOULDER!"

Could be true

Quote"WALLY HALL HAS BEEN A FRIEND OF MINE AND I AM DISAPPOINTED IN HIM"

I'm sure it is true

Quote"WALLY HAS SOMEBODY [AS A SOURCE] EITHER ON THE INTERNET OR SOMEBODY'S MOTHER...."

The blame game (Not my fault!)

Quote"DWILLIAMS MOM CAME TO MY OFFICE AND SAID 'WHY DIDNT HE PLAY"

The blame game rolls on

Quote"LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING WALLY, NOT ONE TIME HAVE I EVER TOLD GUS DON'T RUN THE HURRY UP!"

He told him that as long as he was head coach, the HUNH will not be run.  A play on words.

Quote"I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A FIGHTER, I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A WINNER"

I would dispute the "winner" label

Quote"I ACCEPT 8TH 9TH RANKING, I DON'T CARE... WATCH THE NEXT JAMAAL ANDERSON COME FROM THIS GROUP"

He accepts mediocrity and likes to find the occasional diamond in the rough

Quote"DID I WANT BURNS AND ZEIMBA BUT THE FACT IS WHEN YOU LOSE THIER RECRUITING COACH IN THE MIDDLE OF IT THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE!"

He ran off Gus. 

Howard Dean Nutt has struck again!  BEYAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Dugann

rofl this just toooooo damn good!

secfan30

Quote from: football17 on February 09, 2007, 09:12:14 am
What also pisses me off is that Tommy bashes HDN all morning, and then when HDN gets on the air, TOmmy buddies up with him...

They are old friends and he was trying to stop either of them (Hall & Nutt) from having a total melt down and then someone loosing their job.

hogsanity

Maybe Tommy cut Wally off because he was afraid that since Wally cant control his anger he would blurt out a sources name or something else he would regret later?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

3kgthog

I'm telling you, if this keeps up for a couple more months HDN is seriously going to say something that will rival what Nolan said. He's going to get pissed and say something he can't take back and it'll be all over. It sounds like he was darn close this morning.

allyoucaneatbuffet

baz
"HOW MUCH DO YOU TALK TO HOUSTON"

wally
"WE TALKED ONCE LAST MONTH, HE GOT MAD, NEVER SINCE THEN"

Fatman

I think if it was HDN he made a mistake by getting into an argument with a man who has an unlimited supply of ink!! He made some comments about Damien and his parents which is low class at best!!

SuperHog

Quote from: pikehog on February 09, 2007, 09:23:06 am
Tommy is getting slammed for interupting and not letting Wally and HDN discuss the matter.

I sent my email in voicing my displeasure with tommy and his inability to shut up.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

Donald Miller

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 09, 2007, 09:04:34 am
Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on February 09, 2007, 08:59:31 am
Nutt':
"DID I WANT BURNS AND ZEIMBA BUT THE FACT IS WHEN YOU LOSE THIER RECRUITING COACH IN THE MIDDLE OF IT THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!
[/b]

break

LOSE?  It was freakin stupid, Houston, to run off Gus at the end of recruiting season.  STUPID.
Burns commited long before Gus departed.  He's stupid or has no idea what is going on in his program.

Bomis Hawg

I don't think Tommy should be roasted.  You can't let these two guys get in an absolute war or words. 

But, Wally did hold himself back.  Him correcting Nutt on how many carries McFadden had v. USC was funny. 

SexyBeast77

CAN WE PLEASE PLEASE HAVE THE WALLY AND HOUSTON COMEDY HOUR AS A REGULAR SHOW!

GBPackerFan

Quote from: Pig Power on February 09, 2007, 09:16:15 am
Quote from: Boner on February 09, 2007, 09:11:45 am
Everyone who can't believe that HDN actually had to come on the radio, is the same people who complain that he hides and never talks.  You *** that a lack of communication is one of the biggest problems with the BAC, yet complain when HDN presents himself on the radio completely vulnerable to the guy who just critisized him in the paper.

Boner,
The fact that your HC had to call in to a radio morning show to dispute things written about him tells me that Wally is right. Did he ever have the "stones" to come forward in the press when all of these events actually took place? No... Dale thought he could be an ostrich and stick head in the sand hoping that all of this would go away on its own..... Wally called him out and poor Dale got his feelings hurt.....
You people are ridiculous.  You constantly bash Nutt for not telling "the truth" about things and then he finally comes on and says his side of it and your are still bashing him.  I guarantee that if Nutt did not hold a presser or anything in rebuttle to Wally's article, all you people would be talking about is how "he is a coward and what Wally said must be true b/c Nutt is not defending it."  And now he comes on and says that it is not true, and you still say that it must be true b/c he IS actually defending it.  And before you try to give one of your "brilliant" little comebacks by saying that I am a "hugger" or I am "Teresa" or whatever stupid comeback you can think of, I am not a hugger or a darksider.  I love the razorbacks and that is where I stand.  Hate a coach all you want, I could care less, but don't be so freaking hypocritical and negative all of the time.  If you constantly and constantly say that someone should do this or he is a liar or whatever, and then he actually does it, quit spinning it to go along with your campaign.  You are doing the same thing as Schaeffer does, according to you all.  Now, I am sure that I just fueled the fire for the rest of the morning, so have fun.

Fence Jockey

February 09, 2007, 09:32:43 am #171 Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 09:37:25 am by Fence Jockey
Quote from: LA HAWG on February 09, 2007, 09:12:26 am
Houston is in meltdown mode.

Melt Down?

He has had a complete implosion and as bad as I hate to say it, it was most likely set up by some of the other powers that be!  We now a complete failure of the whole system on the hill! The begining of the end has been started. Everyone is now on their own & you will now start seeing everyone up there start throwing the others involved to the wolfs to save their butts! It is everyone for themselfs now! I think FB & JL know they need some kind of an out on this deal! They know that if they give him enough rope to play with without them keeping a close eye on him, he will hang himself with it!  To let him go on a Talk Show like that without an official position from the system is unheard of! They have now took the postion he is own his own & let the cards fall where they will. It appears he has now put the noose around his neck! It is only a matter of time before we hear the sound of his neck snap!

Pissed Pig

Quote from: Donald Miller on February 09, 2007, 09:30:17 am
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 09, 2007, 09:04:34 am
Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on February 09, 2007, 08:59:31 am
Nutt':
"DID I WANT BURNS AND ZEIMBA BUT THE FACT IS WHEN YOU LOSE THIER RECRUITING COACH IN THE MIDDLE OF IT THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!
[/b]

break

LOSE?  It was freakin stupid, Houston, to run off Gus at the end of recruiting season.  STUPID.
He's stupid or has no idea what is going on in his program.

You're right on both counts!!

Le Hogtre

Quote from: nelson on February 09, 2007, 09:29:36 am
I think if it was HDN he made a mistake by getting into an argument with a man who has an unlimited supply of ink!! He made some comments about Damien and his parents which is low class at best!!

Gee, I thought the only thing everyone cared about was the truth.  Why on earth were the parents so concerned about the kid missing out on the first play of the game?

booogaga

Quote from: Fence Jockey on February 09, 2007, 09:32:43 am
Quote from: LA HAWG on February 09, 2007, 09:12:26 am
Houston is in meltdown mode.

Melt Down?

He has had a complete implosion and as bad as I hate to say it, it was moat likely set u[ by some of the other powers that be!  We now a complete failure of the whole system on the hill! The begining of the end has been started. Everyone is now on their own & you will now start seeing everyone up there start throwing the others involved to the wolfs to save their butts! It is everyone for themselfs now! I think FB & JL know they need some kind of an out! They know that is they give him enough rope to play with without them keeping a close eye on him, he will hang himself! It appears he has now put the noose around his neck! It is only a matter of time before we hear the sound of his neck snap!

sorry houston wont happen again
GO HOGS!

pixiehawg

After the WH article this morning, HDN has every right to come on and defend himself. 

Silver Hog

Hollywood_HOGan

this is AWSOME!!!!

HDN is in full meltdown mode.

What other coach calls a radio show to defend himself.

He just keeps digging himself a bigger hole everytime he opens his mouth.

GO WALLY GO!!!

HOpe someone posts this great action somewhere.

This is the beginning of the end of this clown's era at Arkansas.

Erockster20

Quote from: GBPackerFan on February 09, 2007, 09:32:32 am
Quote from: Pig Power on February 09, 2007, 09:16:15 am
Quote from: Boner on February 09, 2007, 09:11:45 am
Everyone who can't believe that HDN actually had to come on the radio, is the same people who complain that he hides and never talks.  You *** that a lack of communication is one of the biggest problems with the BAC, yet complain when HDN presents himself on the radio completely vulnerable to the guy who just critisized him in the paper.

Boner,
The fact that your HC had to call in to a radio morning show to dispute things written about him tells me that Wally is right. Did he ever have the "stones" to come forward in the press when all of these events actually took place? No... Dale thought he could be an ostrich and stick head in the sand hoping that all of this would go away on its own..... Wally called him out and poor Dale got his feelings hurt.....
You people are ridiculous.  You constantly bash Nutt for not telling "the truth" about things and then he finally comes on and says his side of it and your are still bashing him.  I guarantee that if Nutt did not hold a presser or anything in rebuttle to Wally's article, all you people would be talking about is how "he is a coward and what Wally said must be true b/c Nutt is not defending it."  And now he comes on and says that it is not true, and you still say that it must be true b/c he IS actually defending it.  And before you try to give one of your "brilliant" little comebacks by saying that I am a "hugger" or I am "Teresa" or whatever stupid comeback you can think of, I am not a hugger or a darksider.  I love the razorbacks and that is where I stand.  Hate a coach all you want, I could care less, but don't be so freaking hypocritical and negative all of the time.  If you constantly and constantly say that someone should do this or he is a liar or whatever, and then he actually does it, quit spinning it to go along with your campaign.  You are doing the same thing as Schaeffer does, according to you all.  Now, I am sure that I just fueled the fire for the rest of the morning, so have fun.

Agreed 100%.

booogaga

Quote from: pixiehawg on February 09, 2007, 09:34:04 am
After the WH article this morning, HDN has every right to come on and defend himself. 

and he did miserably, he should have had a writen statement from the university or did something more official. thats what an intelligent person would have done. instead he went on a radio show. unprepared and made a jackass out of himself. it was great
GO HOGS!

pikehog

Wally just said that he is tired of HDN blaming everyone else and that there needs to be some accountability.

allyoucaneatbuffet

WALLY:

"I STAND BY EVERYTHING I WROTE

EVERYTHING

I WILL NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE STATE OF THE PROGRAM.  HE IS PAID 1.2 MILLION DOLLARS.. CAN'T PASS OFF BLAME

HE TRIED TO BLAME THE MEDIA-- WHEN YOU SAY THERE ARE LAMINATED ARTICLES ON THE COFFEE TABLE???

"

1CavHog

Holy City Hog

February 09, 2007, 09:36:53 am #183 Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 09:48:55 am by Rookie
I just listened to the whole thing online. If they hadn't cut it short it would have gotten very ugly. I could sense Wally was about to go off. This conversation b/w the HC & a reporter over one article is a prime example of how overly sensitive HDN is.  HE's not cut out to be a D-1 coach at a major program.  HC's don't call radio show to defend their program.  If they feel the need to that say's a lot about the state of affairs.

rupert

sounds like Nutt's calling in and arguing with Wally simply confirms that a lot of the criticisms are valid...he is way too thin-skinned, he is childish and egotistical and he doesn't accept responsibility for things that he causes....regardless of whether he has valid rebuttal points to the article, it doesn't sound like he came off looking too good???

WrigleyvilleHog

it sounded like a good talk...but face it, WALLY hide behind his pen like he always does.  he had the opportunity that everyone on this message board wants...answers to questions...he pretty much just sat there!  He could of easily tapped Tommy and said I've gotta couple of questions...let me ask them.

unkosher

Like sands through the hour glass...
[/quote]

Classic my friend  You may have a beer early this afternoon. 

Boner

Quote from: Le Hogtre on February 09, 2007, 09:33:27 am
Quote from: nelson on February 09, 2007, 09:29:36 am

Gee, I thought the only thing everyone cared about was the truth.  Why on earth were the parents so concerned about the kid missing out on the first play of the game?

What other coach has to deal with that type of crap.

LA HAWG

But he does not have any right to come on there and blatantly lie like usual.

hawgXi

wally:  I've all ready had a fayetteville television station call and they want to do an interview.

pixiehawg

Quote from: booogaga on February 09, 2007, 09:35:44 am

and he did miserably, he should have had a writen statement from the university or did something more official. thats what an intelligent person would have done. instead he went on a radio show. unprepared and made a jackass out of himself. it was great

Sorry, I disagree. I listened to it as well. He didn't make a jackass of himself. Had he written an official statement from the UofA, there would be people here saying that he isn't man enough to confront one on one.  Kudos for calling in.  It seems that no matter what the man does, he is wrong.

Hollywood_HOGan

Anybody who still defends their nutt after this is an even bigger fool than Nutty.

Thank you again Houston Nutt for making yourself look like a complete ass once again.

hognelson

Quote from: pixiehawg on February 09, 2007, 09:38:38 am

Sorry, I disagree. I listened to it as well. He didn't make a jackass of himself. Had he written an official statement from the UofA, there would be people here saying that he isn't man enough to confront one on one.  Kudos for calling in.  It seems that no matter what the man does, he is wrong.
Did you guys just wake up from a 9 year coma?

pixiehawg

Quote from: LA HAWG on February 09, 2007, 09:37:32 am

But he does not have any right to come on there and blatantly lie like usual.

And how do you know FOR SURE that he BLATANTLY lied?

pixiehawg

Quote from: hognelson on February 09, 2007, 09:39:48 am

No, not at all. Thanks for being concerned though :)

hognelson

Quote from: pixiehawg on February 09, 2007, 09:40:59 am
Quote from: hognelson on February 09, 2007, 09:39:48 am

No, not at all. Thanks for being concerned though :)
Just checking! 

hogsanity

Hdn gets roasted for telling his side of it.  Of course, if he said the earth is round, some would accuse him of lying.  Wally, on the other hand, wirtes whatever he wants, backs it up with the vague "source" (unnamed of course), nad he is suddenly above reproach, although until 2 months ago he was vilified here as a spineless mouthpiece for the University. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

pixiehawg

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2007, 09:41:30 am
Hdn gets roasted for telling his side of it.  Of course, if he said the earth is round, some would accuse him of lying.  Wally, on the other hand, wirtes whatever he wants, backs it up with the vague "source" (unnamed of course), nad he is suddenly above reproach, although until 2 months ago he was vilified here as a spineless mouthpiece for the University. 

BINGO! YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!

secfan30

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2007, 09:41:30 am

All Hall has said is that is was NOT Mitch Mustains mother. Never denied it was no one elses parent. Sometimes some people just can't win regardless of what they do or don't do.

crazyrazy

Is this Mike Iwin's "single event"?

First Teresa berates Wally -- doesn't achieve the desired effect.

Now HDN berates Wally -- STAY TUNED, ladies and gentlemen!!!

Do I hear Don Meredith in the background?  "Come on in Dandy Don, we have a song for you to sing.  Quiet on the set . . ."