Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malzahn and Tulsa first major D-1 college to offer #1QB in state for 2008!!

Started by WILL CLINTON, February 02, 2007, 12:58:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WILL CLINTON

Jim Youngblood just got the offer from Gus himself. 

Arkansas is behind again.

Expecting 2-4 more offers by end of next week. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Silver Hog

Hong Kong Sooey

We don't "offer".  We wait for these kids to come to us.  Do you want it to seem like we actually want them?

3kgthog

You know how we roll. We don't start recruiting kids until the last week in January.

hogsmaster

Even if we are not the first to offer, we need to do a better job of identifying good players and offer them earlier.

preacherhog

For years we heard about the cloud and how it hurt recruiting.  From 2002 thru 2006 our average recruiting ranking was 26.  Right now this class appears to be settling in somewhere in the mid 30s.  What will be the excuse now???

judgeroyswine

Don't you see?  Gus, is jumpin' the gun. 

HDN & DL know that Youngblood will visit their foosball camp and will be hypnotized by the helmet.  Show some heart and patience.  Our coaches have a plan.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Bomis Hawg

JDHogg

Quote from: preacherhog on February 02, 2007, 01:04:16 pm
For years we heard about the cloud and how it hurt recruiting.  From 2002 thru 2006 our average recruiting ranking was 26.  Right now this class appears to be settling in somewhere in the mid 30s.  What will be the excuse now???

That damn trouble-making 5%!!
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

stevenwayneslane

Par for the course. I would hate to see us offer that kid to early. Hell it might show we have some interest in him.

Adam Stokes

Hopefully Youngblood will be wise enough not to go to a seond rate program in a third rate conference.

Mister_BS

a question or two or more out of ignorance ... where is youngblood from? how good is he as a passer? how mobile? arm strength? how many **** stars?

HawgWyld

Well, Arkansas just can't get the recruiting efforts together, considering all the commotion up on the Hill.

Hide and watch. Nutt's working up his excuse for losing after McFadden leaves.

judgeroyswine

A newspaper ad?
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

unclebuck

Quote from: dubyacee on February 02, 2007, 12:58:11 pm
Jim Youngblood just got the offer from Gus himself. 

Arkansas is behind again.

Expecting 2-4 more offers by end of next week. 

Now you know he only wants the ones that really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to be Hogs.
There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you -- Woody Hayes

NATEHOGG216

yup that's about par for the course(arkansas' lame duck coaching staff)
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

311Hog

Quote from: ajs15razorman on February 02, 2007, 01:11:04 pm
  Hopefully Youngblood will be wise enough not to go to a seond rate program in a third rate conference.

Yeah he could always go to an 8th rate program in a 1st rate conference.

Hong Kong Sooey

Hopefully, Youngblood will be wise enough not to commit to a second rate coach with a third rate offense...

NATEHOGG216

ajs, u think he should go to a ninth rate school in a first rate conf?  just wondering
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

hogsNbeer

NATEHOGG216

dang u guys are fast. I can't keep up on my phone.

I wonder what it would be like to have a competant coaching staff....

seanj22

unclebuck

There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you -- Woody Hayes

rude1

Why waste time and effort recruiting the best in the state? If recent events mean anything they are all going to leave anyway. Better to resign yourself to that fact and try and find that two star diamond to replace them with.

DuffMcHog

Give Houston some time on this. Before we offer, coach nutt needs to evaluate this guy and see if he could be used as a TE or something. We sure don't want any highly regarded QB's on campus. They turn out to be nothing but trouble (see gb, mm, etc.)., but if this guy could be a TE with good blocking skills, now there's a guy we could use. Assuming of course that he really, really wants to be a hog. ;D
Restore the Razorback Pride! WPS and GHG.

fullfan

Houston will want to evaluate him as a Tight End.  Say he could use a little more weight to pass block.   Look for him to work at TE at an upcoming HDN football camp.  :puke:

PulledPork

yeah, he does not need to choose arkansas!

Pulled out...

jtgreer

He already had offers from Arkansas State(D1) and UCA(D1-AA).  Also, the coaches have been down there evaluating him and two of his teammates, DeAnthony Curtis and Lavaunce Askew (who already have offers), so its not like the Broderick Green situation where they didnt show up until during his senior season.

gjohnson80

Youngblood is supposed to be tripping to A&M this weekend per Rivals.

HogNuttz

Exactly my point.  Houston's two year pass was not deserved, since he has proved it was him hindering recruiting and not the cloud.  Someone needs to realize this a place the blame for 2 losing seasons on him, not some booster 400 miles away.  Imagine that, a coach either taking responsiblity or being held accountable for it. 

It funny that having "the nuts" is great when you are playing poker, but even though our program, which feels like a gamble, has Nutts that completely ruin everything.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

paraloma

Dallas Washington for Heisman

LA HAWG

Don't yall know the reason that Arkansas recruiting is so bad?  It's message boards people.

LA HAWG

Quote from: paraloma on February 02, 2007, 01:41:15 pm
The grass is always greener on the other side of the FENCE.

We have the best grass in the world and we get Gatorade.

Swynler Durden

Quote from: LA HAWG on February 02, 2007, 01:41:54 pm
Don't yall know the reason that Arkansas recruiting is so bad?  It's message boards people.
That's what I hear. Apparently we're the only program in the country that has message boards where there are some fans who dislike the HC. I would have thought that there would at least be one or two others, but nope. Just us. Ruining the program. Right huggers?

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

rzrbcks2120

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Mister_BS on February 02, 2007, 01:11:24 pm
a question or two or more out of ignorance ... where is youngblood from? how good is he as a passer? how mobile? arm strength? how many **** stars?

Youngblood is from Camden.  His stats are here http://www.hometeamsonline.com/footballteam/Profile.asp?username=JSTANLEY&playerID=21614   If you want to check them out.  He rushed for over 800 yds and 11 TD's last year, runs a 4.69.  His arm strength is his best attribute, he throws a 95 MPH fastball. 

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: rzrbcks2120 on February 02, 2007, 01:49:37 pm
Is there a link to support this?

There are a couple of mods who can vouch for my knowledge on this subject.  I don't need a link. 

If any of the admin, or other mods would like to question me on this, I have no problem telling them where I got and get my information on this subject. 

jtgreer

arkfanchip

Quote from: rzrbcks2120 on February 02, 2007, 01:49:37 pm
Is there a link to support this?

Dubyacee is 100% in the know on Jim and 95% on the other two in camden I vouch for him and will leave this board if he is wrong. This came right from the horses mouth. I promise.

arkfanchip

paraloma

Dallas Washington for Heisman

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: 311Hog on February 02, 2007, 01:15:44 pm

Yeah he could always go to an 8th rate program in a 1st rate conference.

Quote from: strawhog on February 02, 2007, 01:16:41 pm
with a 4th rate coach

I was thinking more like 2348972348927053623094872349280572398506345th rate.  But that's just me.

WILL CLINTON

PulledPork

Quote from: paraloma on February 02, 2007, 02:03:59 pm
Quote from: jtgreer on February 02, 2007, 01:57:41 pm
Since when has tulsa been a "major D1 college"?

When they hired Malazahn.
that's the truf right there starin ya in the face!!

Pulled out....

razorbackmike

Gus can be the first guy to offer every five star player in the nation a scholarship and that does not change the fact that it is to play at Tulsa.  Go watch a game there some time and compare their atmosphere to ours. 

Besides this kid wants to play baseball and UA has already shown him interest.

arkfanchip

Quote from: dubyacee on February 02, 2007, 02:10:49 pm
Quote from: arkfanchip on February 02, 2007, 02:01:09 pm
Dubyacee I got your back.

Thanks man. 

If these guys only knew. 

Other than having Jim or his dad post it, you are probably the most informed person on this site or any other.