Started by TheHogFan, January 30, 2007, 04:33:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Einswine

Quote from: drakehog on February 02, 2007, 03:07:43 pm
Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 31, 2007, 09:06:04 am
Quote from: jhudson84 on January 31, 2007, 08:40:17 am
bret smith, ricardo kemp,
bret helms (born in la so had connections) ,
greg jones (bid dt from jonesboro) had family problems and dropped out loads of potential
matt stoltz (think he is on the hill now)
The entire UAPB teammates they are in the league now

Greg Jones had no Arkansas ties.  I worked with his dad in Jonesboro.  They moved up from Jackson Mississippi in his Sophomore year, I believe, after his dad's plant in Jackson shut down.

But he went to TENNESSEE. Not a Mississippi school. He picked UT over Arkansas. THough he may not have had as much of an in-state tie as someone who spent their life growing up in Arkansas, he was living in Arkansas when he signed with UT. He didn't go back and sign with Mississippi State, or Southern Miss or Ole Miss. Arkansas recruited him hard and didn't have enough appeal. Why?

I think we all know the reason why. ;)  Besides that, I know that there were some ASU supporters who, with the realistic knowledge that there was no way in Hades they were going to land him, gave aid and comfort to the enemy (Tennessee) in the form of their usual anti-Razorback smears and letting it be known via Bud Shroepels radio call-in show that he'd be better off with the Vols.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

jay2000

Willie Roaf from Pine Bluff.  muliple pro bowl OT went to Louisiana Tech.

Chris Crudup from Hot Springs.  6-11 365 lb. OT played at Louisiana Tech against Arkansas in 96 and 97 in Little Rock.

Cory Carr, SG from Kingsland.  Went to Texas Tech. Lead the Big 12 in scoring in 1997?, played for Chicago Bullsthe year after Jordan left.  98-99 season.

Foots

Quote from: jhudson84 on January 31, 2007, 08:40:17 am
bret smith, ricardo kemp,
bret helms (born in la so had connections) ,
greg jones (bid dt from jonesboro) had family problems and dropped out loads of potential
matt stoltz (think he is on the hill now)
The entire UAPB teammates they are in the league now
Wasn't Rashaun Fellows also in the same class as Bret Smith? And didn't their going to UT have something to do with Nutt's lack of interest in Reid McKinney the year before? I don't know if thats true. I also heard that Nutt really pissed off the coach at Warren about McKinney and he had a lot to do with the others going out of state. That's just what I heard. I really have no idea.

z-pak

Gentle Ben...sad

The hairy one can kiss my chicken skin.

hog caller