Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The message of Herring's son.

Started by Louis-Hogfan, January 30, 2007, 01:54:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis-Hogfan

Why would RH's son go to Auburn?  I think it is because Daddy Herring doesn't think that [the powers that be] will still be here when the boy has a chance to play. 

The writting is on the wall.  And the coach's son can read. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see ole Reggie on the Auburn side line in 2 years.

It could be the sign we have been looking for!

jhog

VANVONDENBURGH

PulledPork

maybe he thinks his dad is an ass, maybe not.....who knows?

Pulled out...

VANVONDENBURGH

He went to Auburn for the same reason many collegiate players opt not to be coached by their Father.

DeltaBoy

The UASS Nuttitanic is sinking and the RATS are abandoning Ship!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

kingshogs

Maybe because he was born in Alabama and has been an Auburn fan his entire life. Atleast that is what he said when he was interviewed but why would we believe something that comes right from the kids mouth. Instead lets make up more rumors.

jameshogfan

Herring didn't want to coach his son. That's the deal.

hogsanity

Ever tried to coach your own kid?  It is hard enough in church league baseball, much less d1 college Fb.  Also, I seem to remember one of Tubby Smiths kids went and played for someone other than his dad.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

VANVONDENBURGH

Quote from: kingshogs on January 30, 2007, 01:58:14 pm
Maybe because he was born in Alabama and has been an Auburn fan his entire life. Atleast that is what he said when he was interviewed but why would we believe something that comes right from the kids mouth. Instead lets make up more rumors.

Exactamundo. 

donthaveone

Quote from: Louis-Hogfan on January 30, 2007, 01:54:00 pm
Why would RH's son go to Auburn?  I think it is because Daddy Herring doesn't think that [the powers that be] will still be here when the boy has a chance to play. 

It has been documented in many places that Herring Jr was not going to the same school his Dad was coaching at, again with the reaching.

I hope when Nutt gets his pink slip, the new guy will go after Reggie, he'll stay if the money is right.

GolfHawg

Quote from: PulledPork on January 30, 2007, 01:56:23 pm
maybe he thinks his dad is an ass, maybe not.....who knows?

Pulled out...

LMAO....or that NUTT is not the answer.

davis01

This was settled a long time ago.  Herring has always made it public that his son would not play for him.  Auburn has always been in the cards.

chillinhoggie

Quote from: hogsanity on January 30, 2007, 01:59:09 pm
Ever tried to coach your own kid?  It is hard enough in church league baseball, much less d1 college Fb.  Also, I seem to remember one of Tubby Smiths kids went and played for someone other than his dad.
Saul played at Kentucky for his dad   

Babbitt

ttownhog

you cracked Reggie's master plan wide open. What a revelation...

jbakr428

Playing for your father at that high of level would not be good.  The kid would be placed to a much higher standard than if he goes to Auburn.  If he played at Arkansas he would be under a microscope that would be to much for him.  I don't blame him one bit.

Phaedrus

Quote from: chillinhoggie on January 30, 2007, 02:03:06 pm

Yeah and look how that worked out. It is all they ever talked about during games and the kid was average at absolute best.

PulledPork

which one sanity, I know that the one who played for him while at Georgia, did not transfer when daddy toook the reigns at Kensucky?

Pulled out...

JDHogg

The older son played at Georgia while Tubby was there.  He chose not to transfer when Tubby moved on to Kentucky where the other son played.  So actually, they both went where Dad was coaching, but I agree with the principle of what you say.  The son at Georgia chose to stay where he was comfortable.
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

Swino

This thread is rediculous.  If you would read the quotes by Herring and son, you would know.

dirtydoghog

That worked well huh.

hogsanity

Quote from: PulledPork on January 30, 2007, 02:11:47 pm
which one sanity, I know that the one who played for him while at Georgia, did not transfer when daddy toook the reigns at Kensucky?

Pulled out...

He was the one I was thinking about.  Little different situation.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

chillinhoggie

Quote from: Phaedrus on January 30, 2007, 02:11:12 pm

Yeah and look how that worked out. It is all they ever talked about during games and the kid was average at absolute best.
I never said it worked out good....

hawaiianhogster

Oklahawg

Its somewhere between knee-slapping hilarious and bone-numbing mad that fans don't get this. Most teachers I know aren't comfortable teaching their own children. Its only exacerbated at the college level.

There is no conspiracy and this is in no way an indictment of Nutt, recruiting, Broyles, the fall of the empire or the end of cable television.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

VANVONDENBURGH

Yeah but there are rumors....aren't there...please tell me there are rumors....

lol

frankwilliams

Quote from: kingshogs on January 30, 2007, 01:58:14 pm

Great post. Obviously there is a hidden message in this other than what the kid and Herring said. He MUST hate HDN & JFB like everybody else, and that's the real reason.

PulledPork

Quote from: hogsanity on January 30, 2007, 02:24:52 pm
Quote from: PulledPork on January 30, 2007, 02:11:47 pm

Pulled out...

He was the one I was thinking about.  Little different situation.
ahhh, so you admit you threw something out there you weren't quite sure about....what's new, huh?

Pulled out....

Hawgballz

Were you just bored today to make this up?  or have you not done enough research to know that the decision by the Herring's that it would be in Adam's best interest to not go to the same college as his dad was made over 2 years ago (before his junior year).
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

hawgfan72116

Tubby has a son playing at Ole Miss right now.

artyhog

Quote from: VANVONDENBURGH on January 30, 2007, 02:45:19 pm

lol

Yeah, the ones that the Darkside wants to start.  The kid already said in an interview that was in the ADG  that he had already discussed with his parents that he was going to Auburn no matter where his dad coached.

VANVONDENBURGH

Quote from: artyhog on January 30, 2007, 02:53:08 pm
Quote from: VANVONDENBURGH on January 30, 2007, 02:45:19 pm

lol

Yeah, the ones that the Darkside wants to start.  The kid already said in an interview that was in the ADG  that he had already discussed with his parents that he was going to Auburn no matter where his dad coached.

Clearly this is part of much grander conspiracy though....it has to be.  Things just can't be as they seem. We can never take things at face value here can we?  .)

Pigskin_Porker

Quote from: Babbitt on January 30, 2007, 02:03:13 pm
Mitch might be next!!!

Wouldn't that be something for MM to transfer to Auburn???  I'd be totally surprised, but TT might be able to pul it off. . . . What star recruit is Herring's son???
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgfan72116 on January 30, 2007, 02:48:40 pm
Tubby has a son playing at Ole Miss right now.

Guess that means Tubby will be coaching at Ole Miss next year.  Or maybe it means that he thinks Ky is fricked up? 

hogsanity

Quote from: Pigskin_Porker on January 30, 2007, 02:58:23 pm
Mitch might be next!!!

Wouldn't that be something for MM to transfer to Auburn???  I'd be totally surprised, but TT might be able to pul it off. . . . What star recruit is Herring's son???

Man that would hack Kodi Burns off.

tolerati

It makes alot of sense. If he played for his dad, some would cry favortism..and if he didn't get to play, some would say he never really fair chance with his dad. It makes alot of sense that Herring would go play for another school. According to the ADG Auburn has been his favorite team going back to days when Poppa Herring coached there. His dad played for Florida State so instead of following in his dad's footsteps at Florida State he choose his own school -- Auburn. I think he is to be applauded. Too bad that it had to be another SEC West school but best wishes to him and good luck!
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

jamie72921

Actually Tubby's son signed and played at Georgia while Tubby was there but stayed after he got the Kentucky job.
Bless your heart

Pigskin_Porker

Quote from: hogsanity on January 30, 2007, 03:00:08 pm
Quote from: Pigskin_Porker on January 30, 2007, 02:58:23 pm
Mitch might be next!!!

Man that would hack Kodi Burns off.

Then Kodi burns could transfer to us!!!
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

HogSophist

there are many signs of the demise of the program, but this isnt one of them.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

oldfart

Hey guys this is not an issue to jump the arkansas program, nutt, or herring. The kid and his dad decided a long time ago that he was not going to play under his dad as position coach.  Unless the son is a REAL stud, this has NEVER worked out well at any other school..........

booogaga

i heard that they made the decision that he would not play for his dad no mater what. that he wanted to separate himself. i can understand that.
GO HOGS!

LLPL

Why is this SO hard to understand? Reggie Herring and his son have had an agreement for years now (before RH was even at Arkansas) that if Adam wanted to play college football and was good enough to do so that he could go anywhere he wanted OTHER than the college RH was coaching at at the time.

If he had been at NC State then he could have gone anywhere but there. Since he is at Arkansas he could go anywhere but here.

They have said that since the day he got here and it totally understandable.

Is it really so complicated?

LLPL

Why is this SO hard to understand? Reggie Herring and his son have had an agreement for years now (before RH was even at Arkansas) that if Adam wanted to play college football and was good enough to do so that he could go anywhere he wanted OTHER than the college RH was coaching at at the time.

If he had been at NC State then he could have gone anywhere but there. Since he is at Arkansas he could go anywhere but here.

Louis-Hogfan

I wasn't aware.  I was probably over analysing the situation. 

LLPL

LLPL

LSPRazorbac

Isn't Herring son a 3-star recruit?  Haven't alot of you bashed the program for going after 3-star recruits?  Just a thought

JimBoT

The start of this thread is like 99% of the threads on this thing. Some are totally unwilling to accept someone else as telling the truth. Yet if it is someone that will advance their cause they say this is the truth! Accept the fact that Coach Herring knew it was better not to coach his own son. It is a no win situation. Accept the truth that his son has always wanted to attend Auburn. Why do some have to call everyone else a liar . . . .