Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prediction: ARKANSAS BEATS ALABAMA, FINISHES 11-5 OR 12-4

Started by fourthcrusade, January 26, 2007, 07:13:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fourthcrusade

Quote from: The Truth on January 26, 2007, 01:16:58 pm
Fourthcrusade, this thread is garbage.

We all want the hogs to win. I'll drink champagne for a week if the hogs come close to the finish you're predicting. But let me take a look at WHY anybody believes we can win all these games: it's nothing but a bunch of hocus-pocus. "The team is tired of losing." "The team is really coming together." "The team is due for a hot streak." Blah blah blah. Believing in these ideas is like believing in fairies and gnomes. When you wish upon a star....

Here is a plain fact: Arkansas is 1-4 in in its last 5 games, with the only win coming against a hugely overrated LSU squad that just lost to Vandy by 11 AT HOME. Reckoning with this plain fact--watching and suffering through the actual games played and lost--makes it awfully hard to believe in your fairies and gnomes.

The Truth hurts.

Gnomes?  Now that's funny.

See ya tomorrow evening when you eat your crow!

elksnort

How can people have so much faith in the basketball team and so little in the football team?

fourthcrusade

Quote from: elksnort on January 26, 2007, 03:15:55 pm
How can people have so much faith in the basketball team and so little in the football team?

One coach is one the rise (albeit slow at times), the other is a crashing meteor of yearly consecutive losses.

NATEHOGG216

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Where was that FIRE as you call it against SC?

Just wondering
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Bomis Hawg

Hogtropolis™

I have not read this whole thread, but I will agree that this team definately has the potential to go on a LONG winning streak.  I don't think it's out of the question that we can get 11-12 wins, but I think that we will more likely end up with 8-9.

elksnort

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 26, 2007, 03:28:01 pm

One coach is one the rise (albeit slow at times), the other is a crashing meteor of yearly consecutive losses.

One team (screw the coach) just one the Western Division of the SEC (granted the 3 game collapse sucked) and the other has not won shiiiiite! Losing to Bucknell. His a$$ should have been fired then!

At least the football team lost to better teams. What's the basketball team's excuse?

Lando Calrissian

They have 11 games left (10 regular schedule conference games and at least one guaranteed sec tournament game).

They have 11 games to win, at the bare minimum if they want to make the Tournament, 8.

8-3 is the goal.

Some say they only need 1 road win.  I say they need 2, PLUS one SEC Tourney win to get in to the Tournament.

And yes, everything at this point in the season is about the NCAA Tournament, especially if your job is on the line.

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: elksnort on January 26, 2007, 03:33:57 pm
One team (screw the coach) just one the Western Division of the SEC (granted the 3 game collapse sucked) and the other has not won shiiiiite! Losing to Bucknell. His a$$ should have been fired then!

At least the football team lost to better teams. What's the basketball team's excuse?

Would you fire Bill Self?  He's done squat also, and lost to Bucknell.

softballguy8

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 26, 2007, 07:13:20 am
Yes, I'm dead serious.  This team has met and fused together -- they are ready to come out like fire EVERY GAME.  The guys are tired of being 'close'.

I don't know what you're smoking, but I'm sure it isn't legal.
Coach Petrino ... Welcome to Arkansas!

elksnort

No, Bill Self appears to be a "white" Stan Heath. Classy looking and probably a classy guy, but I want a "meaner" coach like Sutton or Nolan.

And I can not tell how much more the basketball team pi$$es me off as compared to the football team. I guess it is an expectation thing?

Bomis Hawg

Maybe Bill Self should be fired for losing to Heath and Bucknell, then.

GREG1021

elksnort

Inconsistent. What causes this? How can the play of the basketball team be so bi polar? I was driving home yesterday, waiting for Ron Crawford's answer, but the radio station phased out. Does anyone know what he said?

The problem here in Arkansas is that the media folks are worried about their job and do not like to blame the coaches. I am not saying that I would not feel the same way, but I would sure like to hear Ron Crawford or someone else say that Stan can or can't get it done.

The inconsistency is someone's fault. Maybe the threat of having your scholarship yanked?

HogKongPhooey

I must admit, I've been more patient with Stan because I like basketball, but if he doesn't get into the tourney and win at least one game, I'm ready for a change.

You guys comparing football to basketball have a point, but it seems like when we have a decent year, it's followed by off the field crap or this soap opera we are now going thru.  Running off Malzahn was the straw for me with football.

I'm ready for winners at both sports.

hogmaster

Bomis Hawg

Not all optimistic posts are due to them being "huggers."

The Truth

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 26, 2007, 02:07:40 pm
Quote from: The Truth on January 26, 2007, 01:16:58 pm
Fourthcrusade, this thread is garbage.

We all want the hogs to win. I'll drink champagne for a week if the hogs come close to the finish you're predicting. But let me take a look at WHY anybody believes we can win all these games: it's nothing but a bunch of hocus-pocus. "The team is tired of losing." "The team is really coming together." "The team is due for a hot streak." Blah blah blah. Believing in these ideas is like believing in fairies and gnomes. When you wish upon a star....

Here is a plain fact: Arkansas is 1-4 in in its last 5 games, with the only win coming against a hugely overrated LSU squad that just lost to Vandy by 11 AT HOME. Reckoning with this plain fact--watching and suffering through the actual games played and lost--makes it awfully hard to believe in your fairies and gnomes.

The Truth hurts.

Gnomes?  Now that's funny.

See ya tomorrow evening when you eat your crow!

If we win tomorrow, I'll eat a steaming plate of it.

If we win 12 SEC games, I'll eat a flock.

But I've got the facts of the last five years on my side. You've got nothing but wishes. Seems like you're the one who's going to be getting hungry.
The Truth hurts.

maximus

If Arkansas beats Bama at home, and for some reason we go to the big dance, we will get beat in the first round by Bentonville High School. 
Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!

Lando Calrissian

Like I said, they HAVE to go 8-3 over the next 11 games (that includes the 10 scheduled conference games, and 1 guaranteed SEC tourney game).

Do you really think they have that in them?

I hope that they do, but talk about digging yourself into a hole. 

Talk about having your backs against the wall.

Talk about (insert last ditch cliche here).
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

hawgdaddy306

I'll have what he is having.  Actually, make mine a double, neat.
With the hiring of Bobby Petrino, the National Championship  project is already showing signs of improvement and will soon be back on schedule.

secfan30

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 26, 2007, 03:28:01 pm

As much as I would love to see it there is no rise with Heath. He should have never been given the job to begin with. We go from Sutton to Coach Richardson to Heath?

holtzhog

Hog_Beatz

This team will win the games they are pumped up for, because that is the only time they play well, because they aren't coached well enough to play above each of their individual talent every night.  That leads to pumped up players playing well, and down players playing down.  That is why each game you see completely different stats from all of the players.  This team is not coached well enough to play above the level of each person and play as a team.  It has nothing to do with talent, it has everything to do with utilizing that talent to create a consistent team with an identity and knows how to play solid basketball instead of relying on individual talents.

secfan30

Quote from: Hog_Beatz on January 26, 2007, 06:12:25 pm
This team will win the games they are pumped up for, because that is the only time they play well, because they aren't coached well enough to play above each of their individual talent every night.  That leads to pumped up players playing well, and down players playing down.  That is why each game you see completely different stats from all of the players.  This team is not coached well enough to play above the level of each person and play as a team.  It has nothing to do with talent, it has everything to do with utilizing that talent to create a consistent team with an identity and knows how to play solid basketball instead of relying on individual talents.
Most true post I have seen on here.

fourthcrusade

Quote from: harmonyhog on January 26, 2007, 10:04:41 am
This team is finished. They will not win another road game. Heath does not know how to get them out of the road funk. They will win three more home games. finish 16 -14 lose first game in SECT. and reject am NIT offer. This season will play out like 2005. Heath cannot motivate ( the team will quit out of apathy) and he should be relegated to an assistant coach.

Oops!

huntsducks

Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 AM
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

jschulte

Quote from: harmonyhog on January 26, 2007, 10:04:41 am
This team is finished. They will not win another road game. Heath does not know how to get them out of the road funk. They will win three more home games. finish 16 -14 lose first game in SECT. and reject am NIT offer. This season will play out like 2005. Heath cannot motivate ( the team will quit out of apathy) and he should be relegated to an assistant coach.

Well, wrong so far.. let's see how much more off you can be...

elksnort

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 26, 2007, 11:37:02 am
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 26, 2007, 11:32:47 am
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on January 26, 2007, 10:34:30 am
I agree with all except the Tennessee game and maybe Bama.

We've always had trouble in Ttown and we usually get screwed up there.

Let's not say "No way" ever with this team or really, any team.

And I dont think we lose to UT at home. No more home losses....hopefully.

We won at Bama last year.  I think their philosophical aversion to fouling (and therefore any pressure on the ballhandler) is very negative for them, and they just aren't playing well.

Our team has lost to anybody who could play disruptive, not passive, defense.  That would include Tennessee, which all healthy is better than Georgia.

I like your assessment farther up, I think @ MSU is more likely a "L" than @ LSU... however, NO WAY we lose to Tennessee.  At home.  No way...

UT basketball is the single most overrated basketball program of the last 18 months... they get a nice big 12 nonconf win each year, and then fade at the end... 21 wins last year (heath got 22!) and they get a TWO SEED???  a miracle lofton shot avoids the 2-15 disaster loss, and then they are promptly blown out in the 2-7/10 game...  this year?  beat an injured OkState, but now are 2-3 in the league heading INTO RUPP ARENA... look for UT to struggle to finish 7-9, for real.

No way we lose to UT at home.

NuttinItUp

10 or 11 wins next year. We are just that good. (not due to coaching, mind you)