Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A.J. Whitmore says no thanks

Started by moondog, January 25, 2007, 02:25:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: jagoodwin1953 on January 25, 2007, 04:16:11 pm
AJ Whitmore very good he was the best player in the state this year  my my wow going to gus wow gus is on the ball. 8)

THe best player in the state is a 5'8" db/athlete?  GEESH
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

heinekenhary

BTW, Herring said we won't be playing as much man-press coverage next year. 
And I would take AJ over Jon Johnson.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
-Lou Brock

dirtydoghog

Quote from: HogFaninGA on January 25, 2007, 02:35:04 pm
Quote from: dirtydoghog on January 25, 2007, 02:29:52 pm
Who is AJ Whitmore?  By the way.............he is going to Tulsa, I doubt this is a big loss.........

Good enough for the Hogs to want to talk to him this late in the recruting process.  Speaks volumes.

Is this one of the players that Arkansas was planning to recruit to walk-on? 

kitshicker

The word here is SW Ar is that when Gus met with AJ, before he left he told him to not be surprised if HDN came calling when he found out that he (Gus) had been recruiting him.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: dirtydoghog on January 25, 2007, 04:40:40 pm
Who is AJ Whitmore?  By the way.............he is going to Tulsa, I doubt this is a big loss.........

Good enough for the Hogs to want to talk to him this late in the recruting process.  Speaks volumes.

Do they schedule visits to players they want to walk-on?  B/c he turned the visit down..
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

TheHogFan

Quote from: TheHogFan on January 25, 2007, 04:16:31 pm
No one as answered my question. Pick two of these to go after and you will see why. We do not have unlimited scholarships!
-William Cole
-Terry Carter
-Wade Bonner
-AJ Whitmore

I am sure he is a great kid and player, but do you really want a 5-8 guy playing the type of man press we play? Complaining just to complain.

Still no answer. I think we all know what this thread is about.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: TheHogFan on January 25, 2007, 05:03:20 pm
No one as answered my question. Pick two of these to go after and you will see why. We do not have unlimited scholarships!
-William Cole
-Terry Carter
-Wade Bonner
-AJ Whitmore

I am sure he is a great kid and player, but do you really want a 5-8 guy playing the type of man press we play? Complaining just to complain.

Why did they ask for a visit?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Hawgballz

Quote from: blue on January 25, 2007, 03:23:07 pm
Quote from: SpaHog on January 25, 2007, 03:18:32 pm
Quote from: HoggieStyle on January 25, 2007, 03:14:23 pm
Who could even be angry anymore? It's become so pathetic that it's not worth getting worked up over.

The question "what other BCS shools recruited Whitmore?" is fairly ridiculous. He turned down a BCS school (Arkansas) to go to Tulsa. People attach "doesn't want to be a Hog" to these kids, when I think they would gladly be Razorbacks provided the HC were someone else. Whether or not he was recruited by "big schools" makes no difference. The fact that Dale can't even get in the kid's door is telling. IMO, it's even worse than if he were pursued by bigger schools.

HE DID NOT TURN US DOWN!!!
Well we were on his list. He turned down something.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=52111#colleges

We are on his list because he was interested in Arkansas, not the other way around.  Damn, will you believe anything that is posted on a message board.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hawgballz

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 25, 2007, 05:04:42 pm
-William Cole
-Terry Carter
-Wade Bonner
-AJ Whitmore

Link or source of where Arkansas asked AJ for a visit.  Please provide.

Hong Kong Sooey

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1581&Year=2007
We have lost out on 6 of the top 10 in-state recruits, including the top 3, per Rivals.

http://recruiting.scout.com/3/2007_Arkansas.html
We have lost out on 5 of the top 10 in-state recruits, including the top 3, per Scouts.

What was the argument?

donthaveone

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 25, 2007, 04:47:18 pm
Quote from: dirtydoghog on January 25, 2007, 04:40:40 pm

Do they schedule visits to players they want to walk-on?  B/c he turned the visit down..

Yes, the Clay kid from LRC and his teammate G. Cole were on campus last weekend for an official visit as recruited walk-ons.

There are TONS of good reasons to bash Nutt, no need to reach for every little thread that comes along.

TheHogFan

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 25, 2007, 05:04:42 pm
-William Cole
-Terry Carter
-Wade Bonner
-AJ Whitmore

1 How do you know they did? If this guy with his two posts made this comment that was against the company line, then you would have been all over him and

2 They ask kids they want to walk on or grey shirt to come visit all the time. Like last weekend they had that long snapper from NLR and they are bringing in Clay from Central this weekend.

donthaveone

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on January 25, 2007, 05:20:24 pm
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1581&Year=2007
We have lost out on 6 of the top 10 in-state recruits, including the top 3, per Rivals.

http://recruiting.scout.com/3/2007_Arkansas.html
We have lost out on 5 of the top 10 in-state recruits, including the top 3, per Scouts.

What was the argument?

They lost the 2 (Burns and Lee) that they wanted and actively recruited. That is the bottom line.

tannerspapa

Quote from: moondog on January 25, 2007, 02:25:37 pm
To the Razorbacks. After he committed to Gus and Tulsa, and won the Landers Award, Arkansas finally called and wanted to set up an in-home visit. He politely responded "no thanks". Once again, Arkansas too late on an in-state prospect. The Top 10 players in this state are all headed outside of this state.

you are wrong. Seth Oxner, Grant Freeman, arent they instate guys? Grant freeman was named the top lineman in the nation a few weeks back at the Emfinger game.

HogSophist

Quote from: hogsanity on January 25, 2007, 02:37:40 pm

And good enough for what BCS schools to have offered?  This is the type of recruit, that if he were from TX or LA, and we beat out Tulsa for him, HDN would be bashed for signing a kid that was not being recruited by the big boys.

I hope he has a great career at Tulsa.

I think the point is that (if true) we recruited him after Tulsa did. That only after Graham and GM went after him, then did we go after him.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

bigbrutha

I'm afraid we're screwed without A.J. Whitmore!

Hawgballz

HogSophist

signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

RogueHog

Quote from: HawgBall06 on January 25, 2007, 02:39:52 pm
To the Razorbacks. After he committed to Gus and Tulsa, and won the Landers Award, Arkansas finally called and wanted to set up an in-home visit. He politely responded "no thanks". Once again, Arkansas too late on an in-state prospect. The Top 10 players in this state are all headed outside of this state.

This clearly points out just how gulible hogville is, when this kind of story gets instant credibility because it is negative toward the program.  This guy has all of 2 posts and quite frankly Arkansas has 23 commits and is slow-playing some recruits in order to ensure that we do not miss the ones we want.

Was about to post something similar.  This is just my first post, but I read a lot... a whole lot.  I have never seen anything that said we had a scholarship interest in this guy and I would really like to see a link to a credible source that says we tried to set up an in-home visit.

It is convenient to pop on here and say something like this because those that want to believe it will simply take it for granted.

BTW, he had committed early to Kansas State and his only other offer was Louisiana Tech (until Tulsa).  I doubt we tried to knock on this guys door late.  You should doubt it, too.

hoosieradvisor

Send MM up here to Louisville.

Just leave his mama in Arkansas.
hoosieradvisor

bigbrutha

What? Did you say AJ Whitmore? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

NorthStHog

Quote from: SpaHog on January 25, 2007, 02:38:35 pm

The kid is 5'9 where would he play? 

Point Guard.
Go Hogs!

topofthehill

For those of you who said AJ is too small
Nutt has a commitment from Michael Harris of Tulsa
5'9" 190# from Tulsa 4.46/40

AJ 5'9" 170# from Nashville 4.5/40
AJ last ran a wildcat type offense as quarterback
played free safety in the State Championship game and made an interception.  Knows how to win

topofthehill

Yards per pass and carry would have been more- usually only played one half
I don't think he ever had as much as a hangnail in 3 years as a starter.

CDubyaP

Moon...don't be bringing in facts to the table...

TMc

He had no offer or even a mention of an in-home, I'll look around to see what I can find.., but I don't buy this one.  They could have had this kid a long time ago had they wanted him.  Right now Reggie Herring has been sent out on the road to do an in-home with Juwan Franklin.., because they don't have enough coaches to do the remaining in-home visits with  the William Coles, Nevin McKenzie's, Kareem Crowell's.. etc.. and your saying we wanted to do an in-home with A J Whitmore???

topofthehill

AJ probably wouldn't fit in well at UA anyway
He's used to playing for a coach who knows how to win

Footballref

Some of you guys are unbelievable about us not getting some of these guys in AR.

But I don't here anybody bringing up the other three kids from Shiloh we did not get.
I am also sure that there are alot more guys that are going out of state to school.

AJ was a great football player in HS he played mostly QB at Nashville.
He is not big enough to play safety in the SEC. He might could play corner.
He went to a school that will need him right away in TU and I am sure he is excited
about the HUNH that will get alot of kids to commit to a program. Also getting to go
to HAWAII 2 or 3 times while you are in college.

Kitty Hog

AJ will not be going to Hawaii with Tulsa because they are no longer in the WAC. Tulsa is now in their second year as a member of Conference USA.

PigKahuna

I have nothing against Whitmore at all, I hope he has a great career at Tulsa.

Funny thing is if Nutt offered him a scholly earlier you guys would be hammering him because we beat out Arkansas state for a two-star.

10th best in Arkansas is apparently not that great.

Footballref

You are right PigKahuna there would be people doing that and I believe that we are bring people in here
that will more than fill in for AJ. I am not worried about us not getting any of the guts we didn't get.
I am not real sure why anyone else is either. We are now going #1 on the O-Line from Florida's list
that had intended to go to MIAMI yeah the Hurricanes that is. QB position we were not really to worried about a QB
because we had plenty until they transfer.

rare71

Quote from: SuperHog on January 25, 2007, 02:28:14 pm
good for him.

So, we don't call B. Green til AFTER USC does...and now we don't call Whitmore until AFTER he wins the lander's award & commits to Gus?

Par for the course.

but according to our eternal AD, "Nobody woks hawdur than Hoosten at recruiting"

Jeesh-why do I even allow myself to care?
that is hilarious!
Class of 2002.....better late than never!!!