Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A.J. Whitmore says no thanks

Started by moondog, January 25, 2007, 02:25:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moondog

To the Razorbacks. After he committed to Gus and Tulsa, and won the Landers Award, Arkansas finally called and wanted to set up an in-home visit. He politely responded "no thanks". Once again, Arkansas too late on an in-state prospect. The Top 10 players in this state are all headed outside of this state.

JLaHawg

Wow.....another one escapes the "fence".

idochog

I love Jesus!

MCPeePants

Quote from: moondog on January 25, 2007, 02:25:37 pm
The Top 10 players in this state are all headed outside of this state.

Other than Ziemba and Burns, we didn't want or need any of them anyway....according to Grit Kirk.

007 License To Squeal

To the Razorbacks. After he committed to Gus and Tulsa, and won the Landers Award, Arkansas finally called and wanted to set up an in-home visit. He politely responded "no thanks". Once again, Arkansas too late on an in-state prospect. The Top 10 players in this state are all headed outside of this state.

I have a feeling that Tulsa might clean our clock in recruiting Arkansas players.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

SuperHog

good for him.

So, we don't call B. Green til AFTER USC does...and now we don't call Whitmore until AFTER he wins the lander's award & commits to Gus?

Par for the course.

but according to our eternal AD, "Nobody woks hawdur than Hoosten at recruiting"

Jeesh-why do I even allow myself to care?
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

Swynler Durden

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............[whisper] you're hurting our recruiting with your negative "facts"

idochog

Quote from: MCPeePants on January 25, 2007, 02:27:45 pm

Other than Ziemba and Burns, we didn't want or need any of them anyway....according to Grit Kirk.

We dont want Grit Kirk either.
I love Jesus!

hogsanity

Quote from: JLaHawg on January 25, 2007, 02:27:33 pm

So if we beat Tulsa for a recruit are we gonna hear, " well his only other offer was Tulsa."?  Who else was on this guy?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The Lemming

All ten were overhyped. Haven't you seen there stars fall?

idochog

I guess that High school coach Mah-al-zahn called that recruit brotha
I love Jesus!

Tony the Greek

Typical. I'll never forget, there was this kid from Blanchard Caverns we lost in a similar fashion around 3,110 B.C. Good defense back and special teams player. Could jump from rock to rock at the drop of a dime. Waited around too long, he transferred to Yellowstone his senior year. Never even got his name signed to the stone tablet.

dirtydoghog

Who is AJ Whitmore?  By the way.............he is going to Tulsa, I doubt this is a big loss.........

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 25, 2007, 02:28:00 pm

I have a feeling that Tulsa might clean our clock in recruiting Arkansas players.

I'm pretty sure Gus will be on some of the kids that he had notes on for Arkansas.  He WILL make a splash recruiting Arkansas for Tulsa. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

idochog

Someone needs to call Rick S and tell him this or better yet call marble mouth grit.
I love Jesus!

hogsanity

Quote from: dirtydoghog on January 25, 2007, 02:29:52 pm
Who is AJ Whitmore?  By the way.............he is going to Tulsa, I doubt this is a big loss.........

Wonder what other schools had offered him?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

SpaHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 25, 2007, 02:28:52 pm
Quote from: JLaHawg on January 25, 2007, 02:27:33 pm

So if we beat Tulsa for a recruit are we gonna hear, " well his only other offer was Tulsa."?  Who else was on this guy?

Exactly!  I would like to see the link where we wanted to offer him.

WILL CLINTON

Just because they are recruited by Tulsa, does not mean they don't have other offers, or other big name programs are showing interest.  Gus isn't afraid of going up against the big boys like Nutt. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

SpaHog

Guys, Gus is a good coach no doubt, but he is more likely to get guys this year than in future years, because he has been talking to these kids all year as a representative of the University of Arkansas.  I think it will be harder to get those same kids ears next year when he is representing TU.

Don't let the hate blind you.  Let's try to be rational.

HogFaninGA

Good enough for the Hogs to want to talk to him this late in the recruting process.  Speaks volumes.

SpaHog

Quote from: HogFaninGA on January 25, 2007, 02:35:04 pm

Good enough for the Hogs to want to talk to him this late in the recruting process.  Speaks volumes.

Link?  or are you just basing your info off "moondog"

POPS

Quote from: MCPeePants on January 25, 2007, 02:27:45 pm

Yeah. We don't want anyone that is good in state to play for Arkansas. We only want the ones that don't get accepted anywhere else.

hogsanity

And good enough for what BCS schools to have offered?  This is the type of recruit, that if he were from TX or LA, and we beat out Tulsa for him, HDN would be bashed for signing a kid that was not being recruited by the big boys.

I hope he has a great career at Tulsa.

HogHillbilly

It's because Arkansas doesn't spend enough money on recruiting....................

Yeah that's it
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

SpaHog

The kid is 5'9 where would he play? 

TOM "tbw1"

Landers award winner like Dmac and Hillis.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

SWAhog

QuoteWonder what other schools had offered him?

Kansas State. He was committed to them before Gus called.
You know you're getting older when your idea of lettin it loose is taking a laxative.

Hawgballz

This clearly points out just how gulible hogville is, when this kind of story gets instant credibility because it is negative toward the program.  This guy has all of 2 posts and quite frankly Arkansas has 23 commits and is slow-playing some recruits in order to ensure that we do not miss the ones we want.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

pig_sooie

The top 10 players? Which list are you looking at? Oxner, Freeman, Williams, Cook, Tuck, Tejada, and Franklin are all Hogs. The only 2 players we actively recruited and lost were Burns and Ziemba.

WooieSooie

It doesn't matter if we didn't want him, it looks bad that we tried to set up an in-home AFTER he was offered and accepted by Gus and he won the Landers award.
It's all fun and games until someone gets shot in the leg selling drugs trying to make money to buy RAZORBACK tickets!

PAHog

Quote from: SpaHog on January 25, 2007, 02:34:35 pm
Guys, Gus is a good coach no doubt, but he is more likely to get guys this year than in future years, because he has been talking to these kids all year as a representative of the University of Arkansas.  I think it will be harder to get those same kids ears next year when he is representing TU.

He'll probably do pretty well for the next few years in Arkansas.  His name was on the lips of every single person in the state that follows the Razorbacks for the last 12-18 months.  And no one is going to forget the season he had at Springdale last year.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

3kgthog

Let's examine a scenario. Is it out of the realm of possibility to believe that Tulsa could possibly steal several of the good players from Arkansas? Assume:

1. Tulsa's offense is truly as exciting as it appears to be shaping up to be
2. Tulsa wins the WAC a few times in the next 3-4 years

Sure their facilities and fan support are crap compared to ours, but Tulsa has the coaches and the enthusiasm to take many of these diamonds in the rough that we seek to sign every year. They might even be able to snag some of the Arkansas top 10 at some point if they perform up to the potential of their coaches.

I know many of you will laugh at this, but Tulsa will have a fun offense to play in and that's what stud players want. You can get to the NFL from just about anywhere because scouts will find you. Malzahn might be our new Bo Hembree just without the under the table contributions from UT to keep the pipeline flowing.

SpaHog

Quote from: HawgBall06 on January 25, 2007, 02:39:52 pm

This clearly points out just how gulible hogville is, when this kind of story gets instant credibility because it is negative toward the program.  This guy has all of 2 posts and quite frankly Arkansas has 23 commits and is slow-playing some recruits in order to ensure that we do not miss the ones we want.

Could not agree more HawgBall. 

Negative info - Common sense and rational thinking out the window

RAZORBART

Quote from: SuperHog on January 25, 2007, 02:28:14 pm
good for him.

Par for the course.

but according to our eternal AD, "Nobody woks hawdur than Hoosten at recruiting"

Jeesh-why do I even allow myself to care?

So, we don't call B. Green til AFTER USC does...and now we don't call Whitmore until AFTER he wins the lander's award & commits to Gus?

probably no one works harder to read music than ( God forgive me) Stevie Wonder and Ronnie Milsap too, but sometimes no matter how hard you try you end up accepting your limitations. JFB and HDN ain't never going to admit that one has lost it and the other never had it.

SpaHog

Quote from: WooieSooie on January 25, 2007, 02:41:23 pm
It doesn't matter if we didn't want him, it looks bad that we tried to set up an in-home AFTER he was offered and accepted by Gus and he won the Landers award.

Once again, is this true?  I have not heard this anywhere.  It could be for all I know, I just simply want to know where your infor is coming from.

Wrigley_crush

I sincerely hope we are not recruiting the same caliber of players that Tulsa is. 
"You should probably take just about everything i say to you as an insult!"

bighog77

Quote from: SpaHog on January 25, 2007, 02:38:35 pm

We got reggie fish.

SpaHog

Quote from: PAHog on January 25, 2007, 02:41:28 pm
Quote from: SpaHog on January 25, 2007, 02:34:35 pm

He'll probably do pretty well for the next few years in Arkansas.  His name was on the lips of every single person in the state that follows the Razorbacks for the last 12-18 months.  And no one is going to forget the season he had at Springdale last year.

People loved Keith Burns when he left here too.  I don't remember losing anyone to him.

SpaHog

Quote from: bighog77 on January 25, 2007, 02:46:14 pm

We got reggie fish.

Thank you!

waphill

They will definitely come in and get some. After all, Gus has a much better relationship with AR high school coaches than HDN. Plus he has a key to the gate in the fence!

LA HAWG

Quote from: SpaHog on January 25, 2007, 02:46:52 pm
Quote from: bighog77 on January 25, 2007, 02:46:14 pm

We got reggie fish.

Thank you!

Yeah but his Daddy is friends with HDN. 

BTW, AJ Whitmore is from Nashville and is one heck of a football player.  I have seen him in person and he would be an asset to ANY team.

SpaHog

Quote from: waphill on January 25, 2007, 02:47:51 pm

They will definitely come in and get some. After all, Gus has a much better relationship with AR high school coaches than HDN. Plus he has a key to the gate in the fence!

Yes they will get some Arkansas kids.  However, that is not the point.  The point is the kids they get won't be kids that we are making a big push for.  We might be looking at them, but they won't be at the top of the list.

It's as simple as this.  If it's all about Gus, then why haven't any of his recuits gone with him.  It's simple its because he is at Tulsa.

CPL HOG

Quote from: Tony the Greek on January 25, 2007, 02:29:36 pm
Typical. I'll never forget, there was this kid from Blanchard Caverns we lost in a similar fashion around 3,110 B.C. Good defense back and special teams player. Could jump from rock to rock at the drop of a dime. Waited around too long, he transferred to Yellowstone his senior year. Never even got his name signed to the stone tablet.

you had dimes back then

SteelShot

That is not true.  Why are you posting a lie.  That is the problem with this message board.  Arkansas did not offer Whitmore and this call never took place.  Arkansas didnt need any kids from Arkansas, not even Burns or Big Z, b/c they didnt have SEC speed.  How dare you call into question Coach Nutt and his staff's recruiting of in state players.  I bet you would say this to my face. Go Elkins!

Very truly yours,

Otis Kirk
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

TheHogFan

Quote from: hogsanity on January 25, 2007, 02:30:35 pm

Wonder what other schools had offered him?
No one. This is just an excuse for people to get mad at HDN. IF we had offered him people would be mad for offering a 5-7 corner with 4.65 speed. They just want to be angry, so this is their latest issue.

jmchog

This story has to be false.
After Jared Mcbride, Arkansas vowed
never to take another Scrapper!

Pork Salad Annie

We pay Nutt a Million and a Half dollars for this?

pigslop

Quote from: waphill on January 25, 2007, 02:47:51 pm

Tooo Funny!
:razorback:

TheHogFan

Quote from: jmchog on January 25, 2007, 02:57:10 pm
This story has to be false.
After Jared Mcbride, Arkansas vowed
never to take another Scrapper!

You Guys who are angry please pick two of the following because we are quickly running out of room. Whitmore is going to be a corner, so please pick two:
-William Cole
-Terry Carter
-Wade Bonner
-AJ Whitmore

Thats what I thought, complaining just to complain.

blue

Quote from: Wrigley_crush on January 25, 2007, 02:45:40 pm
I sincerely hope we are not recruiting the same caliber of players that Tulsa is. 
You better sincerely hope Tulsa is not GETTING the same caliber players that Arkansas has.