Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

VANDY beats KENTUCKY @ RUPP (edit)

Started by allyoucaneatbuffet, January 20, 2007, 03:41:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

allyoucaneatbuffet

January 20, 2007, 03:41:56 pm Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 04:05:09 pm by allyoucaneatbuffet
check if out if you have the LFS coverage

jbcarol

Vandy 67 KY 59 43.5 secs.  A win at Rupp would secure Kevin Stallings another year at Vandy.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

Vandy 72    UK 65   at 11.2   (excitement building)   

jbcarol

Dwight_K_Shrute

This has to be Tubby's last year with anything less than a run to the final 4.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jbcarol

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 20, 2007, 04:06:35 pm
This has to be Tubby's last year with anything less than a run to the final 4.

There are a lot folks in KY who wish you could be right.  A gentleman in Tulsa recently made the largest capital gift to the athletic program in the history of the school by far.  This paid off their new basketball practice facility.  He stated there is only one reason UK is getting the money -- the relationship he built with Tubby Smith.

A national scribe had a great category name for a handful of coaches and Tubby was the #1 member on his list.  He called it, "Coaches on the hot seat who cannot/will not be fired".

Ironhawg

The Hog

I watched a little of the game.  Vandy may be better than most folks want to give them credit.  The Cats losing at home for only second time in Vady history.

The dumb place they call a basketball arena in Nashville definitely gives them the home advantage.  It is really tough for visiting teams.
Automatic RUN!

jbcarol

HawgG

Vandy can shoot the basketball and that is a major concern for anybody that plays them.

I believe that is 2 years in a row that Vandy has beaten Kentucky in Rupp.

jbcarol

Quote from: HawgG on January 20, 2007, 08:06:14 pm
Vandy can shoot the basketball and that is a major concern for anybody that plays them.

I believe that is 2 years in a row that Vandy has beaten Kentucky in Rupp.

You are correct sir!

jbcarol

KinkosHog

A lot of Kentucky fans have never liked Tubby and they won't come out and say why.

The real reason is b/c most of their fans are racists.

jbcarol

Quote from: KinkosHog on January 20, 2007, 09:07:01 pm
A lot of Kentucky fans have never liked Tubby and they won't come out and say why.

You are correct sir!  I sure am glad our fans are above that.

KinkosHog

January 20, 2007, 09:15:39 pm #16 Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 09:17:20 pm by KinkosHog
Quote from: jbcarol on January 20, 2007, 09:13:07 pm

I'd like to think that our fans judge a coach based on what he has done on the court.

HawgG

Quote from: KinkosHog on January 20, 2007, 09:15:39 pm

I'd like to think that our fans judge a coach based on what he has done on the court.
Don't be fooled, there are fans in this state that hate Stan Heath because he is BLACK.
Racism exist in our state just like every other one in this nation.It would be nice that everybody could look past one's race and let a person's actions describe his or her makeup, but unfortunately that is not the case with everyone.Times are a lot better then it use to be,but racism has and will always exist.Some people just do not understand and it's a damn shame.

KinkosHog

Quote from: HawgG on January 20, 2007, 09:37:29 pm
Quote from: KinkosHog on January 20, 2007, 09:15:39 pm

Don't be fooled, there are fans in this state that hate Stan Heath because he is BLACK.
Racism exist in our state just like every other one in this nation.It would be nice that everybody could look past one's race and let a person's actions describe his or her makeup, but unfortunately that is not the case with everyone.Times are a lot better then it use to be,but racism has and will always exist.Some people just do not understand and it's a damn shame.

Make no mistake, I'm not fooled by it.

"I'd like to think that" was the operative phrase :)

HawgG

Quote from: KinkosHogMake no mistake, I'm not fooled by it.

"I'd like to think that" was the operative phrase

I got where you were coming from, but I just wanted to get the message out. 8)