Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Go Stan!

Started by RealSmartGuy, January 13, 2007, 05:34:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

I don't think the Gators are THAT great. They maybe the best in the SEC, but I don't think that there are any GREAT teams in the NCAA any more. Its rather mediocre at best. Partially, because of the cheasy a** NBA. Corporate freakin pigs they are. It is watering down the college game. Arkansas can beat anyone in the NCAA, but can they win consistently?

hogninja

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 13, 2007, 06:30:23 pm
You guys are crazy. 

Stay with this.  SH brought us back from something almost as bad as the death penalty.  Keep the faith just a bit longer.  Please.

Ugly, are you getting a mellow side to you?

I agree that we need to be patient.  We have seen what they can do, just have to bottle it for every game.  On the road is always hard and if the ref's blow a couple when you are trying to make a comeback, it is pretty hard to win anywhere on the road.  Just seems to be OM alot of the time. :razorback:

Bomis Hawg

Going to be a weird year in the SEC.  One of those years they "expects" call them down.

I bet 11 wins might win the regular season overall title, if not a divisional race.

HawgG

Consistency is a question that a lot of teams are seeking this time of the year.
Because of the parity you speak of it also makes the game fun and unpredictable.

Even with this bad lost the Razorbacks still have all their goals in front of them to accomplish.
As Heath said it is time for the Razorbacks to MAN-UP.We will see what they are made out of this next week.

chiefsfan

everyone calm down.  This is the halfway point of the race...  13 games still to go...+ tournament

even Nolan had trouble winning @ Ole Miss.  its hard to get players excited about playing in a dump
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

budcampbellfan

yes and everyone was there was against us too.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Hog_Beatz

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 13, 2007, 07:23:20 pm
even Nolan had trouble winning @ Ole Miss.  its hard to get players excited about playing in a dump

That's very true.  I don't konw if I've ever thought of it like that, but you've still got to play your A game no matter what.

Don't forget what this team looked like before Alabama, inconistency is Stan's M-O.  His teams have never shown up day in and day out, and too bad, that they days they don't show up outnumber the days they do, particularly on the road.

HawgG

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 13, 2007, 07:23:20 pm
everyone calm down.  This is the halfway point of the race...  13 games still to go...+ tournament

Hey Ole Miss had a great game.They out fought and out hustled us for 32 minutes.When we decided to fight back that is when the Razorbacks looked like themselves.This once again is another lesson that this team will hopefully learn.
On the road it is your 5 against their 8 and we just couldn't overcome that today.

PiggyBack

January 13, 2007, 08:25:11 pm #58 Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 08:28:07 pm by PiggyBack
I can't help but to think that dissatisfaction with the FB program spills over onto the BB program.  The two must be compartmentalized in order to be fair.  What is true for dale may not be true for Stan at this juncture.  On the other hand, what is true for Stan may not apply to dale.

I can't stand it when I hear that we should be patient with dale.  dale is entering his 10th season as our coach.  dale inherited a talented team.  dale has had plenty of time for to bring along his recruits under his teaching.  And where are we?  Are we a markedly better team than we were in 1998?  2003?  We were weak in the passing game after the Stoerner era and here we are in 2007 still weak in the passing game.  Our recruiting has been "spotty" at best.  I could go on, but you get the point.  Many, myself included, are tired of hearing that we must be patient with the FB program.

Stan inherited a team in complete shambles.  Our talent level was at historic lows.  Stan came in on the heels of one of the ugliest departures of a coach I have ever seen.  What has Stan done?  He has recruited well and has focused on the fundamentals of the game.  His win total has increased each year.  He got us to the the Big Dance last year.  We beat FL at home, TN on the road, and if McCurdy hits his free throws, we beat LSU on the road.  Despite HORRIBLE guard play last year, we managed to make the NCAAT.  This year the team LOOKS like a completely different club.  Our guards are playing like leaders, our bigs are a FORCE in the paint, and, up until tonight, we have played with solid fundamentals.  Stan IS DOING HIS JOB!!!!

Folks, I am excited about our team!  For the first time in a long time I am truly excited about HOG BB!  Please do not apply the dale template to Stan.  Stan is light years beyond dale when it comes to CLASS.  Stan represents our state and our university with a refreshing dose of dignity and integrity.  Stan understands the game and has made major adjustments/improvements to this team during his time here.  I believe the team will begin to pick up some consistency throughout the season and be a FORMIDABLE team in the NCAAT!!

Stan is the man for the job.  Please don't get Stan in your "dale" crosshairs.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

bwbcpa

Quote from: HDale on January 13, 2007, 06:56:02 pm
Quote from: PiggyBack on January 13, 2007, 06:23:19 pm
Folks:

WE GOT SCREWED TODAY!! 

You can't blame Heath for TWO game-changing calls (or "no-calls") that devastated our team late in this game.  We got screwed.  Period.
We put ourselves in position to be screwed.

We shouldn't have played this team so close that one or two "bad" calls decided the outcome. The calls sounded bad and "Sunshine Rick" even said so on the air, but I can't blame the loss on the refs.

bwbcpa

January 13, 2007, 08:49:13 pm #60 Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 08:50:53 pm by bwbcpa
Quote from: PiggyBack on January 13, 2007, 08:25:11 pm
I can't help but to think that dissatisfaction with the FB program spills over onto the BB program.  The two must be compartmentalized in order to be fair.  What is true for dale may not be true for Stan at this juncture.  On the other hand, what is true for Stan may not apply to dale.

I can't stand it when I hear that we should be patient with dale.  dale is entering his 10th season as our coach.  dale inherited a talented team.  dale has had plenty of time for to bring along his recruits under his teaching.  And where are we?  Are we a markedly better team than we were in 1998?  2003?  We were weak in the passing game after the Stoerner era and here we are in 2007 still weak in the passing game.  Our recruiting has been "spotty" at best.  I could go on, but you get the point.  Many, myself included, are tired of hearing that we must be patient with the FB program.

Stan inherited a team in complete shambles.  Our talent level was at historic lows.  Stan came in on the heels of one of the ugliest departures of a coach I have ever seen.  What has Stan done?  He has recruited well and has focused on the fundamentals of the game.  His win total has increased each year.  He got us to the the Big Dance last year.  We beat FL at home, TN on the road, and if McCurdy hits his free throws, we beat LSU on the road.  Despite HORRIBLE guard play last year, we managed to make the NCAAT.  This year the team LOOKS like a completely different club.  Our guards are playing like leaders, our bigs are a FORCE in the paint, and, up until tonight, we have played with solid fundamentals.  Stan IS DOING HIS JOB!!!!

Folks, I am excited about our team!  For the first time in a long time I am truly excited about HOG BB!  Please do not apply the dale template to Stan.  Stan is light years beyond dale when it comes to CLASS.  Stan represents our state and our university with a refreshing dose of dignity and integrity.  Stan understands the game and has made major adjustments/improvements to this team during his time here.  I believe the team will begin to pick up some consistency throughout the season and be a FORMIDABLE team in the NCAAT!!

Stan is the man for the job.  Please don't get Stan in your "dale" crosshairs.

I've been on Stan's side since the day he was hired. Conversely, I've never been on Nutt's side, even when he was a player. I can compartmentalize pretty easily between the two programs, but we are in conference play now and the team has to step up and bring their best game to every game. BTW, I agree - Stan is doing his job. That's why I'm still on his side.

frankwilliams

This was predictable. Fire Stan Heath! Somebody said he should have moved Beverley to PG towards the end. This is the same young man who KNOWS he doesn't handle it well enough to play PG. He said so himself. Calm down. 13 games to go. The sky is not falling. How many turnovers or bad plays did Stan have? The same as you and me. ZERO. Some of us should be less predictable, it would heighten the excitement around here. FIRE JOHN MCDONNELL!!!

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: hogninja on January 13, 2007, 07:18:14 pm
You guys are crazy. 

Stay with this.  SH brought us back from something almost as bad as the death penalty.  Keep the faith just a bit longer.  Please.

I agree that we need to be patient.  We have seen what they can do, just have to bottle it for every game.  On the road is always hard and if the ref's blow a couple when you are trying to make a comeback, it is pretty hard to win anywhere on the road.  Just seems to be OM alot of the time. :razorback:

I'm actually pretty patient.  I gave HDN 6.5 years...and he had much more to work with than did SH.  HDN was set up to succeed.  SH was in a terrible situation.  I supported HDN for those years...I will keep backing SH and hoping for the best for a while longer.
Retired Radio Host

hogninja

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 13, 2007, 10:04:57 pm
You guys are crazy. 

I agree that we need to be patient.  We have seen what they can do, just have to bottle it for every game.  On the road is always hard and if the ref's blow a couple when you are trying to make a comeback, it is pretty hard to win anywhere on the road.  Just seems to be OM alot of the time. :razorback:

I'm actually pretty patient.  I gave HDN 6.5 years...and he had much more to work with than did SH.  HDN was set up to succeed.  SH was in a terrible situation.  I supported HDN for those years...I will keep backing SH and hoping for the best for a while longer.

Riddle me this, if someone tells you that two years are defiantly going to suck and you only give them 1.5 yrs AND they make changes (albeit not completely) to get to 10-4, do you still withold support? HMMM? :razorback:

hview

I would have some patience with Stan. Ervin has got to be more consistent for us to be successful.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: hogninja on January 13, 2007, 11:59:09 pm
You guys are crazy. 

Riddle me this, if someone tells you that two years are defiantly going to suck and you only give them 1.5 yrs AND they make changes (albeit not completely) to get to 10-4, do you still withold support? HMMM? :razorback:

Not for this thread or topic.  But I never gave him two years.  I gave him much more than that.

I'll explain it all to you if you want to start another thread.  But, I will just tell you this:  Because I understand football enough to know more decision making and poor playcalling I dislike HDN.  Because I am personally and professionally trained in leadership, I find HDN leadership unacceptable.  When HDN refused to get help in the areas that he was weak and cost us games all those years it showed his ego and lack of leadership ability.  He has to go.

You guys don't get it it.  It isn't about the games we win...it is about the games that we lost, why we lost them, how we lost them, and the excuses made about them, the treatment of people that I know personally, and the "ME FIRST AND ONLY" attitude that HDN has.

Man, said I wasn't going to get on  to this...but people that are close to the situation are even more ashamed and embarrassed about the behavior and ineptness of our coach.  Shameful the way he has been, and inexcusable that he is still here.
Retired Radio Host

Newhopehog

It's not just Stan....he is 1-4 at ol piss.....Nolan was 0-7 his last seven trips down there....it's a mugging looking for a place to happen ever time we go down there...

HairyHog

It's gonna get worse before it gets better.  Until Stan learns how to win on the road, we're gonna have posts like this.

hogninja

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 14, 2007, 03:02:18 pm
Quote from: hogninja on January 13, 2007, 11:59:09 pm
You guys are crazy. 

Not for this thread or topic.  But I never gave him two years.  I gave him much more than that.

I'll explain it all to you if you want to start another thread.  But, I will just tell you this:  Because I understand football enough to know more decision making and poor playcalling I dislike HDN.  Because I am personally and professionally trained in leadership, I find HDN leadership unacceptable.  When HDN refused to get help in the areas that he was weak and cost us games all those years it showed his ego and lack of leadership ability.  He has to go.

You guys don't get it it.  It isn't about the games we win...it is about the games that we lost, why we lost them, how we lost them, and the excuses made about them, the treatment of people that I know personally, and the "ME FIRST AND ONLY" attitude that HDN has.

Man, said I wasn't going to get on  to this...but people that are close to the situation are even more ashamed and embarrassed about the behavior and ineptness of our coach.  Shameful the way he has been, and inexcusable that he is still here.

Sorry to pick a scab there.  Well said. Nuff said.

NEAHawgfan

Quote from: PiggyBack on January 13, 2007, 06:21:53 pm
Quote from: Topcat on January 13, 2007, 05:51:58 pm
How could the Razorbacks play this bad against a bunch of second level scrubs from Ole Miss? One word describes it. LOSERS

That is uncalled for.
True....but uncalled for.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: Newhopehog on January 14, 2007, 03:30:34 pm
It's not just Stan....he is 1-4 at ol piss.....Nolan was 0-7 his last seven trips down there....it's a mugging looking for a place to happen ever time we go down there...

Wow, some one who actually remembers what it has been like for the Hogs to go into Tad Smith Coliseum.  Stan is in his fifth season, yet everyone wants to blame him almost completely for a 1-11 record in the place.

Maybe my memory is failing me, but the last 5-6 years of his stay at the UA, Nolan only won a couple of times TOTAL against Ole Miss, including both home and away games.  When Keith Carter played there, Nolan lost 7 out of 8 games against them.  Like you said, that place is a mugging looking for a place to happen.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd