Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Thread: Ole Miss Rebels (11-5, 0-2) vs. Arkansas Razorbacks (12-4, 1-1)

Started by Bomis Hawg, January 13, 2007, 03:43:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

missippihog

Ervin made a big mistake not giving it to our big guys at the end. They were getting some calls and he was getting none.

JustoHogFan

Dam we played like crap for most of the game and still got robbed!!!!!!

The refs really sucked bad, You know its bad when the announcers catch you screwin up calls 3-4 times cause they usually side with the refs

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on January 13, 2007, 06:17:20 pm
Inconsistant officiating.  I wish Heath would've found a way to counteract that zone and our guys not fallen asleep on defense.

A few mental lapses out there.

Still, refs fricked it up at the end, but Gary should realize that we were getting nothing all day.

They sure didnt have a problem in calling the fouls on us at the end though.

Hope we absolutley rape those idiots when they come to the bud

Umkay

Might be the worst officiated game i have ever watched.  The so called charge on Beverly with a few minutes left killed us.  We can gripe about the officiating all day long but the fact of the matter is if we had decided to play earlier than 5 mins left in the game maybe the refs wouldn't have come into play

Bomis Hawg

The second drive was on Gary, imo.  First one was a foul.  At that point, though, I doubt they'd call a foul unless Gary got hammered.

It sickens me to see Beverley get beat up every game and no call.  The "Frick you" look he gave to the ref was great.

Oh, as for Ole Miss, I hope they lose this image they had while Evans was there.  Andy Kennedy is a good coach, and they'll be a good team.  This "Hack-a-Hog" defense they had today was awful.  Hats off to them, I guess.

Plenty of season left.  Hopefully, this will be the last mental lapse and ref fricking for a while for the Hogs.  And, no turning over of the Heath after that piss-poor ref showdown.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Stan Heath never ceases to amaze me.  His ability to clutch defeat from a close game is unparalleled.

CDubyaP

This loss will sting....hope they can keep their heads about them.

If I am Stan, I am filing an official petition against the REFS in this game. If for nothing else, have them come out and say they missed the late call on Ervin.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: missippihog on January 13, 2007, 06:18:59 pm
Ervin made a big mistake not giving it to our big guys at the end. They were getting some calls and he was getting none.

In those situations, you cant read an official's mind.

We played bad, but could have overcome that but got raped.

missippihog

Quote from: abostian on January 13, 2007, 06:20:17 pm
Stan Heath never ceases to amaze me.  His ability to clutch defeat from a close game is unparalleled.

??????????????? Are you kidding? I hope so.

JustoHogFan

Did anyone notice how calm Stan was when Ervin got hammered with a no call?
If that had been any decent coach he woulda gota T...ok maybe not a T but Nolan woulda raised some hell on that Stan just looked at Ervin like he could help it.

MDH

Well we played horribly, nearly came back and Ole Piss got a homer call to win.  'bout sums it up.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

ki285

the refs were awful but they didnt get arkansas beat.  falling behind by 14 and having to play catch up got us beat

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: MDH on January 13, 2007, 06:21:14 pm
Well we played horribly, nearly came back and Ole Piss got a homer call to win.  'bout sums it up.

The officiating was pretty equally bad I think.

WilsonHog

That happens on the road in SEC. Fact of life.

We'll win one at BWA we don't deserve this season because of home cooking. Every team does.   

3kgthog

Boo hoo. The refs, the refs. So what? Did the refs make some Ray Charles-esque calls? Of course. Did Ervin act like a retard in the last minute of the game. Yes! I don't care if he did get fouled on his first Superman attempt. The second one was stupid and we had no business winning this game with stupid plays like that. Not to mention he kicked the ball around like Pele during the entire first half.

I love being in 5th place in the West. Flippin' sweet it is.

Hollywood_HOGan

Stan needs to say something about the officiating and tell those bastards to fine him.

One reason we get raped like that every single year is Stan is too soft on the freakin officials.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: ki285 on January 13, 2007, 06:21:48 pm
the refs were awful but they didnt get arkansas beat.  falling behind by 14 and having to play catch up got us beat

Yep.  And Ervin trying to play hero at the end didn't help either.  I couldn't believe he was so selfish the first time around.  Then I REALLY couldn't believe Stan didn't bench him and allowed him to do the same thing (driving too far under the basket) again to lose the game.

missippihog

weevilhogg

Quote from: JustoHogFan on January 13, 2007, 06:21:06 pm
Did anyone notice how calm Stan was when Ervin got hammered with a no call?
If that had been any decent coach he woulda gota T...ok maybe not a T but Nolan woulda raised some hell on that Stan just looked at Ervin like he could help it.

contrary to what many around here believe, that sort of behavior (making an ass out of yourself) doesn't work.

Stan could have called the refs every name in the book and it wouldn't have changed the refs.  The only thing it might have done was get us a T, thus really putting the screws to the team.

Oh my!

Bomis Hawg

Team Stats: 
Turnovers: Arkansas 21; Ole Miss 14.
Pts off of Turnovers: Arkansas 17; Ole Miss 26.
Assists: Arkansas 18; Ole Miss 14.
Rebounds: Arkansas 35; 34 Ole Miss
Offensive Rebounds: Arkansas 9; Ole Miss 14
Second Chance Points: Arkansas 12; Ole Miss 22
2-pt%: Arkansas 23/44 (52%); Ole Miss 25/55 (45%)
3-pt%: Arkansas 5/11 (46%); Ole Miss 5/14 (36%)
FT%: Arkansas 11/16 (69%); Ole Miss 9/12 (75%)
Bench Scoring: Arkansas 10; Ole Miss 13

ki285

ervin tries to play to much street ball.  he is either good look great or he is gonna suck and get us beat.  there is no in between with him.  he plays to out of control

Bomis Hawg

Arkansas:

Gary Ervin: 8pts; 4 boards; 4 stls; 6 asts; 7 turnovers
Stefan Welsh: 2pts; 1 asts; 1 board
Charles Thomas: 23 pts; 3 asts; 1 boards -- 1 REB is not good
Darian Townes: 8pts; 5 rebounds; 4 turnovers -- not as athletic, but rebounrds.
Sonny Weems: 8 pts; 5 boards; 5 turnovers; 2 blocks
Patrick Beverley: 15 pts; 5 boards; 5 assists; 4 turnovers; 4 fouls -- BS fouls
Steven Hill: 8 pts; 3 missed FT; 6 boards; 3 blocks; 4 fouls

Ole Miss:
Todd Abernathy: 13 pts; 2 boards; 6 assists; 2 turnovers
Clarence Sanders: 13 pts; 3 stls; 4 turnovers
Eniel Polynice: 3 asts
Bam Doyne: 11 pts; 3 boards; 3 stls; 2 asts; 2 turnovers
Jeremy "Sourface" Parnell: 4 pts; 3 fouls
Dwayne Curttis: 20 pts; 12 boards; 3 fouls

HognotinMemphis

Ervin and Heath lost that game. Ervin because he forced 3 possessions in a row and ballhogged and Heath because he allowed Ervin to do it 3 times in a row. When you a 6'1", you don't drive the baseline and shoot over 2 or 3 players who are all at least 6" taller than you. Dumbass.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

sharx4

I said it the entire game...

the refs accounted for at least 15 of ol puke's points, maybe more

if there was a ever a time the UofA admins should complain to the SEC & the NCAA about officiating, it's this game.

unfarkingbelievable

weevilhogg

this entire year, I've claimed that when ervin plays under control AND Hill stays out of foul trouble, we dominate.

Today we really didn't get either. . . definitely didn't get a good ervin.

Oh my!

tobs54

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on January 13, 2007, 06:31:14 pm
Arkansas:

Stefan Welsh: 2pts; 1 asts; 1 board
Charles Thomas: 23 pts; 3 asts; 1 boards -- 1 REB is not good
Darian Townes: 8pts; 5 rebounds; 4 turnovers -- not as athletic, but rebounrds.
Sonny Weems: 8 pts; 5 boards; 5 turnovers; 2 blocks
Patrick Beverley: 15 pts; 5 boards; 5 assists; 4 turnovers; 4 fouls -- BS fouls
Steven Hill: 8 pts; 3 missed FT; 6 boards; 3 blocks; 4 fouls

Ole Miss:
Todd Abernathy: 13 pts; 2 boards; 6 assists; 2 turnovers
Clarence Sanders: 13 pts; 3 stls; 4 turnovers
Eniel Polynice: 3 asts
Bam Doyne: 11 pts; 3 boards; 3 stls; 2 asts; 2 turnovers
Jeremy "Sourface" Parnell: 4 pts; 3 fouls
Dwayne Curttis: 20 pts; 12 boards; 3 fouls

He's back.

Bomis Hawg

Something else that had to do with it until about 8 minutes left when Arkansas got their "wings" back.

Ole Miss had 6 players with 23+ minutes.  Arkansas had 4 (Hill had 22 minutes).

weevilhogg

Quote from: ki285 on January 13, 2007, 06:26:51 pm
ervin tries to play to much street ball.  he is either good look great or he is gonna suck and get us beat.  there is no in between with him.  he plays to out of control

Yeah, that streetball mentality rears its ugly head everyone once in a while and I hate it. 

He has the attitude that he can take over a game.  That's a great attitude to have when you are an A-number-one player. . . . ervin is not that.  He needs to keep the mentality that his job is to run the offense and allow the points to come to him. . . NOT the other way around.

Oh my!

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: tobs54 on January 13, 2007, 06:42:07 pm
Quote from: Bomis Hawg on January 13, 2007, 06:31:14 pm
He's back.

I'd take two away -- one on a shot where the ball slipped and another turnover prior to halftime.  5/6 turnovers is NOT what you want on the road.

lookawayquick

The refs blew but the Hogs lost because they played poor D.  The post D absolutely sucked.  A friend of mine in the MSU athletic dept. told me that Ervin would do just exactly what he did today.  Tries to be the hero down the stretch, plays out of control.  Stan needs to get his defensive whiz coach Cyprien to do a little more teaching.  And, Charles T needs to stop flopping and start moving his feet.

kmoore

Officiating never beats you. It might not help but never beats you, When an official starts missing shots, turning over the ball, throwing the ball in the stands, then I will say the officiating beat us.
GO HOGS!!!!!

blue

Where did all the "moral victory" posters go. That's what so called good losses get you. Just makes the next one not taste so bad.

sharx4

Quote from: lookawayquick on January 13, 2007, 06:45:12 pm
The refs blew but the Hogs lost because they played poor D.  The post D absolutely sucked.  

but consider we lost by 2...

how many would we have lost by playing at home or at a neutral site??

the refs won this game for old pissant, obviously.

the zebras accounted for a dozen of OM's pts at very least.