Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I owe Stan Heath an apology:

Started by HOGCATCH, January 06, 2007, 04:23:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback88

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on January 06, 2007, 11:37:20 pm
If they do, count me back in on the bandwagon. 

You flip-flop more than John Kerry.   :)

razorbackfan4life

I admit he had a good game today,but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: pignatious on January 06, 2007, 11:46:32 pm
It's amazing what having a good point guard can do for your team. That's been missing for years. Ervin had a great game today. When he plays well, we will always have a chance to win. Now that being said, today in no way makes up for 4 years of misery to mediocrity under Heath. Let's see what the rest of season brings. But, that was a great game today. Congrats to Heath and the Hogs.

Pig...Heath did have a mess to clean up...just saying.
Retired Radio Host

Richard_white

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 07, 2007, 02:47:33 am
Quote from: pignatious on January 06, 2007, 11:46:32 pm
It's amazing what having a good point guard can do for your team. That's been missing for years. Ervin had a great game today. When he plays well, we will always have a chance to win. Now that being said, today in no way makes up for 4 years of misery to mediocrity under Heath. Let's see what the rest of season brings. But, that was a great game today. Congrats to Heath and the Hogs.

Pig...Heath did have a mess to clean up...just saying.

I'll give Heath some props.  But I can understand pig frustration. 

BPPig

Coaching is overrated.

These kids play hard and deserve our support. This is college and not the pros. It is the players that matter most in this game. I am very very proud of them. This is a team. It is the first one in awhile that I would use that word instead of a group of players.

And What for Christs sake is that soft stuff about. We have several players playing through injury. Maybe people don't think it hurts but they ought to try it. Watching SH popping his fingers back in place while waiting on the free throw shooter does not give one images of a soft player. Takes a lot of guts I know to type statements like that but not near as much as playing in pain and playing well. Just my 2 cents.

gatecrasher

Quote from: HawgG on January 06, 2007, 04:41:36 pm
Quote from: gatecrasherfan on January 06, 2007, 04:27:50 pm
Quote from: HOGCATCH on January 06, 2007, 04:23:17 pm
for doubting his coaching abilities. Sorry Stan, you are today, "The Man"! Best game the Hogs have put out in the last 10 years! I can't recall us ever having a team that was that much more athletic than the Tide. Even the National Champs weren't more athletic than the Tide. Good day to be a Razorback fan!!
It is a good day to be a Razorback fan, but are you going to change your mind based on ONE game?
Now, if we beat Florida, I will probably say this basketball team is for real.  You beat the defending national champs in their house, and you can say "legit."
If it takes beating Florida on there home floor for you to believe this is a good team, then your standards are to high, and frankly this team doesn't need to prove itself to you if that's what it's going to take. :razorback:
NO...they are NOT too high...maybe you are content with first round losses to Bucknell...I'm not. 
After beating the brakes off Alabama, let's say Florida blows us out by 25 points.  What will you say to that?
I'll be saying "same old song and dance."
IMO...another first round loss in the NCAA tournament and the powers-that-be need to go find us a coach that can get us back where we are supposed to be...competing for and winning the national championship.  If your standards are less than that you need help, dude.
Anything less than a Sweet 16 appearance and this season will go down as "it sucked" in my book.

HognotinMemphis

for doubting his coaching abilities. Sorry Stan, you are today, "The Man"! Best game the Hogs have put out in the last 10 years! I can't recall us ever having a team that was that much more athletic than the Tide. Even the National Champs weren't more athletic than the Tide. Good day to be a Razorback fan!!

I think Satan owes us an apology for the previous 4 years and the 1st round loss last year.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

TRUHOG718

I think Satan owes us an apology for the previous 4 years and the 1st round loss last year.

Heath took the job noone else wanted and turned this program around. Maybe not in your time frame but this program was jacked up when he got here.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on January 08, 2007, 06:33:08 pm

Heath took the job noone else wanted and turned this program around. Maybe not in your time frame but this program was jacked up when he got here.
Why do say no other coach wanted this job? My answer would be: because of Broyles.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.