Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I owe Stan Heath an apology:

Started by HOGCATCH, January 06, 2007, 04:23:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGCATCH

for doubting his coaching abilities. Sorry Stan, you are today, "The Man"! Best game the Hogs have put out in the last 10 years! I can't recall us ever having a team that was that much more athletic than the Tide. Even the National Champs weren't more athletic than the Tide. Good day to be a Razorback fan!!
Winning is a way of life!

Hawg414

gatecrasher

Quote from: HOGCATCH on January 06, 2007, 04:23:17 pm
for doubting his coaching abilities. Sorry Stan, you are today, "The Man"! Best game the Hogs have put out in the last 10 years! I can't recall us ever having a team that was that much more athletic than the Tide. Even the National Champs weren't more athletic than the Tide. Good day to be a Razorback fan!!
It is a good day to be a Razorback fan, but are you going to change your mind based on ONE game?
Now, if we beat Florida, I will probably say this basketball team is for real.  You beat the defending national champs in their house, and you can say "legit."

HOGCATCH

Yeh, we could turn around an lose by 30 at Ole Miss? But I like the way he has them playing!

Lanny

This was the Hogs of old and I hope the Hogs of Today.  Hot Damn that was a great win
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

3kgthog

Alabama didn't punch back today. I think Florida will punch back if we jump on them. I just hope softies Hill and Townes don't get broken in half by Noah and Horford.

T-Bag Hawg

That was just one game.  Remember we beat Florida last year too.
It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

HOGCATCH

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on January 06, 2007, 04:27:50 pm
It is a good day to be a Razorback fan, but are you going to change your mind based on ONE game?
Now, if we beat Florida, I will probably say this basketball team is for real.  You beat the defending national champs in their house, and you can say "legit."
Consistency makes a good coach! This team showed some serious talent today! If they consistently play as they did today, we all can believe in this bunch!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HOGCATCH on January 06, 2007, 04:28:39 pm
Yeh, we could turn around an lose by 30 at Ole Miss? But I like the way he has them playing!

We could turn around and lose by 30 but not to Ole Miss

gopigsgo

The first half defence was like nothing I have ever seen out of these guys. They were in Bama's face till the game was decided.

Ross U (HDHF)

If nothing else, you have to give Stan this: his team played with a killer instinct in the 2nd half today.  I've been waiting for that since he's been here.

HOGCATCH

Bama couldn't get off a decent shot, let alone hit one!

HawgG

If it takes beating Florida on there home floor for you to believe this is a good team, then your standards are to high, and frankly this team doesn't need to prove itself to you if that's what it's going to take. :razorback:

loserhog3-7

Legit maybe. Lucky as hell I would say. A very big task.

Pigonometry

Quote from: hSv on January 06, 2007, 04:29:29 pm
This was the Hogs of old and I hope the Hogs of Today.  Hot Damn that was a great win

All right now.  Who are you and what have you done with the real hSv?  

And here I was looking forward to Monday at the office to hear you tell me that this was not a "quality win"...........   ;D
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

HOGCATCH

This wasn't about shooting lights out and hitting a bunch of 3's at home. We shot a little over 50% overall and 73% from the line. This was about playing solid defense and using the fast break to give us an advantage early! This game was something we can duplicate throughout the season, if they can stay this focused!

GorillaJMonsoon

I can't remember an ass whipping of that intensity and duration since the mid 90's.  My hat is off to Heath and the Hogs. 

hview

I really don't think you owe him an apology. It was a great victory, the players displayed great intensity, and I was greatly encouraged by what I saw today, but they have to bring that intensity every game in the SEC.

For grins look at Alabama's schedule and tell me who they have beaten in the top 20. Looks like we have a higher SOS than either Alabama or Florida.  

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Hawg414 on January 06, 2007, 04:27:17 pm
you dont owe him an apology yet.

AMEN, he better keep it up or [size=40pt]YOUR FIRED[/size]..............

hview

I know we all have our favorite players, but Hill has played with so much intensity the last two games. Just wished his offensive production matched his defensive domination on the inside. I really think his defensive play on the inside set the tempo the first 14 minutes of the game. Alabama had no answer for him.

stronguard

That was the most fun game I have seen at BWA in a long time.  This team seems to play to the level of their opponet.  If STANLEY can get this bunch consistent, then he will go a long way to put detractors like myself to sleep.  I still didn't see a set offense, but I saw a great defense, and a PG who knew how to (gasp) pass first.  Very nicely done Hogs, and you too STANLEY.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

DEVICEHIGH

Stan just needs a little Reggie in him.

Show us those teeth Stan.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: hSv on January 06, 2007, 04:29:29 pm

Yeah baby.

TransAmHawg

My god some of ya'll ain't happy with anything short of a perfect undefeated season. This was the FIRST SEC game and if you find fault in the play or intensity of today's game then your never going to be happy with anything. I feel for ya'll. It must suck to be so negative. They played great and deserve to be congratulated for beating the crap out of Bama. The Florida game, we match up better against them than Bama. We may just be on the start of something we have all been waiting on since Nolan quit recruiting and thought he could just sit on the hill and pick his team from all the talent that would beg to play for him. I for one have been here the whole time hoping that Stan could pull it together before the long knives got him and judging from today's game we are getting there. Hey Hogish and Sir-pig-alot hows that Crow tasting? LOL
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

hview

It was a fun game, the best in a long, long time.

Tejano Jawg

Whether or not we can keep this up...one thing this proves is that we're capable of being very, very good.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: Cooper on January 06, 2007, 06:32:12 pm
Where's that dude who rotates the Heath mug?

Fresh was working today.  I'm sure he's cooking us up a nice post for this evening though.

Archie Gaines

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on January 06, 2007, 04:50:08 pm
I can't remember an ass whipping of that intensity and duration since the mid 90's.  My hat is off to Heath and the Hogs. 

Amen.

I was damn amazed.

Hope they continue to play so tough...    :razorback:

"No man who is corrupt,  no man who condones corruption in others,  can possibly do his duty in the community... "

Teddy Roosevelt  -  May 12, 1900

mword

Owe him an apology when he gets past the first round of the playoffs, and that is if the Hogs make it to the playoffs.

RBLtoHOG

I read on ESPN.com where they said somethin like "Fans were reminded of Nolan Richardson's good years... I was at the game and kept lookin at Stan.... he was rarely sittin down. He was jumpin up and down, yellin at the refs on bad calls, and actually showing some emotion... I asked my friend next to me if Stan got fired and his twin was coaching us
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Swino

One game doesn't make a season.  I'm happy about the win, but my judgement will come when the season is over.

Pignominious

Quote from: Swino on January 06, 2007, 07:03:29 pm
One game doesn't make a season.  I'm happy about the win, but my judgement will come when the season is over.

That's a good call.  I am as happy as anybody about the win today, but hoops evaluations should be made after the season.  The season is just so long and there are so many different aspects.  A team can win a regular season conference crown and then flameout in the conference tourney.  It can also be vice versa.  Remember bball and football are two different animals.  There are many different aspects of a hoops season.  Success can be judged by regular season success, conference tournemant success and most importantly the NCAA tourney.  We could go on to go 13-3 in conference or we could flameout and go NITing.  Don't see that happening at this point but it is a possibility.  I've been tough on Stan and the team so I will give them a break for a while.  They earned one today.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

mountainhog

Quote from: Swino on January 06, 2007, 07:03:29 pm

You have to get sideways after todays game fresh , c'mon!!

Fatty McGee

So you'll only say a team is legit if they beat 2 Top ten teams.  Losing to Florida will mean we're only pretenders?

I guess Ohio State is just pretenders as well?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on January 06, 2007, 07:02:00 pm
That was awesome!  They play like that and I'll be going to Fayetteville again like the old days for Saturday games and eating a bunch of crow on this board.  I've shot my mouth off good about Heath.  Oh well, prove me wrong Stanley!

Time to rotate that avatar at least 45 degrees

Ugly Uncle

There was actually motion to the motion offense today.  The defense was spectacular.

I screamed for McCurdy to play last year.  Dontell couldn't get it done.  I was kind of thinking that about Gary.  However, Gary does not pick up his dribble...will drive to the hole, and can actually shoot.  If he keeps playing like this we will be tough.

The fact is though, Beverley is the difference on this team.  That guy seems to be all over the court.  He rebounds, shoots, great defense.  The team seems to be following C. Thomas and Beverley right now.  That is a good thing.

What surprised me about the game today was that Bama never pressured our guards.  We have struggled with that at times...but man...we just looked so much faster and quicker than those guys.

It was a thing of beauty.

You guys need to take a breath here.  Some of you have been a little hard on Heath.  He really does seem to be making progress as a coach.  I'm not crazy about his style...but he is getting better.
Retired Radio Host

CCCharlie

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 06, 2007, 04:29:37 pm
Alabama didn't punch back today. I think Florida will punch back if we jump on them. I just hope softies Hill and Townes don't get broken in half by Noah and Horford.

I agree those guys are so weak.
You can coach mean streaks.  But I don't think Heath has one either.

silvertip

If you think Hill is a "softie"---then your brain is mush. Know whut I meen?

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on January 06, 2007, 07:02:00 pm
That was awesome!  They play like that and I'll be going to Fayetteville again like the old days for Saturday games and eating a bunch of crow on this board.  I've shot my mouth off good about Heath.  Oh well, prove me wrong Stanley!

Don't order the crow, we are talking about Stan "I'm not the man" Heath.    ;)

Fatty McGee

Hill and Townes aren't weak.  Hill just isn't going to be a scoring threat, nor would it make sense for him to pretend he's Larry Johnson, bodying into people and negating his height.  It's not his style, and it's never going to be.  He plays tough, though.

Townes is emotional, but not weak. 

You guys are mistaking a weakness in a guy's game for a weakness in his heart.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

PMCANALLY

Today was the first game of the season. Would you still owe him an apology if he lost the next 8 games??
TeamTaylor--- u wanna fut wit me?

WPS!

Hogtropolis™

I wouldn't call Hill a softie.  Townes and Hunter I would agree with.  Hill might suck on offense, but he is by no means a softie.

Also, congrats to Stan for having his team prepared to play.  Let's all hope this continues.  GO HOGS!  BEAT FLORIDA! :razorback: WPS! :razorback:

HogbyBirth

Quote from: HOGCATCH on January 06, 2007, 04:31:23 pm
Consistency makes a good coach! This team showed some serious talent today! If they consistently play as they did today, we all can believe in this bunch!

Confidence...it's all about confidence.

NuttinItUp

I concur

TransAmHawg

Those were just Stan's quicker Snails.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

Dugann

I liked my crow today I have to say also  :razorback:
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

pignatious

It's amazing what having a good point guard can do for your team. That's been missing for years. Ervin had a great game today. When he plays well, we will always have a chance to win. Now that being said, today in no way makes up for 4 years of misery to mediocrity under Heath. Let's see what the rest of season brings. But, that was a great game today. Congrats to Heath and the Hogs.
Freedom is never free.

proud2bpork

It sucks that people can't enjoy GOOD things!!!!!  This was a GREAT thing.  I'm a darksider at heart (when it comes to Nutt), but I'm getting sick and tired of people who have absolutely nothing positivie to say.  Please take a break and let some of us feel good for a change without you talking sh@t.  YOU SUCK!!!!  I'm sure you're the first person (people) to scream you bleed HOG blood, but as far as I'm concerned, you're a LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Pick a thread you can share with other dic**eads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PiggyBack

Perhaps the greatest part of the win was that no one tried to make me feel like a slave-owning wife beater during the press conference.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

hawgcountry

Great game today. The thing I love about Beverley is he plays defense just as hard as he plays offense. Also Ervin showed some Corey Beck emotion out there today.