Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Time .............Arkansas vs. Texas Tech

Started by Lanny, December 16, 2006, 01:00:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad In Real Life

Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

idochog

I love Jesus!

pigmania

Quote from: Cobra on December 16, 2006, 02:01:17 pm
Quote from: LeadHog on December 16, 2006, 01:55:32 pm
Can Darren McFadden play Basketball?

Actually, McFadden is a phenomenal basketball player.
The problem is (a good problem) he's running around the country picking up awards.

hogs25

This really is ridicules.  I've giving Heath the benefit of the doubt every year but it's apparent he got lucky at Kent State to get where he got.  He's in over his head.  It's so boring to watch I'd almost rather do anything that to sit here and watch Heath ball.  The empty good seats the other night vs Oakland should be a message it ain't working.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: FarrelHog on December 16, 2006, 02:01:53 pm

So is Marcus Monk

Didn't Monk play on the BB team. Must have chosen the lesser of two evils.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

LeadHog

Chad In Real Life

My suggestion:

Make Reggie Herring the Head Basketball Coach.

I think that would balance out Bobby Knight quite well

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on December 16, 2006, 02:03:17 pm

Yeah actually played pretty decent when he got in.  Two major sports though is difficult to pull off

So is Marcus Monk

Yeah actually played pretty decent when he got in.  Two major sports though is difficult to pull off

Jordan10

Watch our big guys when we come down the court on offense.  They have no idea what to do.  They may make one move and then they just stand there.  We diribble the ball with Gary "slippery spot" Ervin until the shot clock gets down to 2 seconds, then we throw something up and hope that it at least hits the rim.  We have big guys shooting threes that should not even be out there.  

Charles Thomas is not a small forward and should stay down in the post were he is much more effective.  Quit shooting the threes Chuck.  

I would put Heath in the category of not knowing what is going on as well.  Watch him on the sideline and you can see he is waiting for someone to tell him what to say or do.  The assistant coaches obviously haven't helped on the offensive end as well, much less the defensive end.  

I would love to go to a practice just to see what they actually do for 2 hours....

Bomis Hawg

Arkansas has no identity right now.  They are not uptempo like former Arkansas teams.  They don't bang it inside like teams with a powerful big man.  They aren't VMI who shoots a lot of outside shots.

They just play.

Looking at Tech, Knight has his offense working wonders.  You see tons of movement.  What I don't see from Arkansas is good moving without the ball.  I see three people on the same half of the court as the ball.  Not effective.

Arkansas is a team of spurts.  They did well down the stretch.  Patrick Beverly and Sonny Weems can't do it all.  Charles Thomas blew it more than Ervin did in the last minute, which is unfortunate.  I am looking for big things come conference play from 'Manimal.'

But, the disappearing act from Darian Townes gets me.  I get the Sophomore Slump.  What is this now?  If Arkansas doesn't cut it to the 8-point mark somewhere before the clock hits 12 minutes it might be over. 

Yes, Arkansas has a few good stretches in them.  But, right now, the offense is fluttering.  Tech will cool down.  They can't keep this pace for an entire game.  Seems like they've been lights out but haven't scored that much.  Arkansas, despite their pitiful first few minutes, nearly cut into the lead despite two critical errors by Thomas and Ervin.

The first 4 minutes are key.  Don't give up yet.  Yes, on a semi-home court, Arkansas should be there.  Right now, you hope that the halftime adjustments take place.  That did them well in Orlando.  Let's home it does in NLR.

pigmania

So is Marcus Monk

He can only handle playing for one embarrassing coach

LeadHog

Quote from: hogs25 on December 16, 2006, 02:03:06 pm
This really is ridicules.  I've giving Heath the benefit of the doubt every year but it's apparent he got lucky at Kent State to get where he got.  He's in over his head.  It's so boring to watch I'd almost rather do anything that to sit here and watch Heath ball.  The empty good seats the other night vs Oakland should be a message it ain't working.

It's starting to impact the bottom line, JFB will notice now.

DirtBikeHawg

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the end safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out shouting, "holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Bomis Hawg

Interesting stat.  The second fewest points scored in a win by Arkansas came against Texas Tech in 1977 -- 41 points.

Razor8

It ball control offense - didnt you know that time of possesion is all that matters?
Razorbacks

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: pigmania on December 16, 2006, 02:05:16 pm

So is Marcus Monk

He can only handle playing for one embarrassing coach

LOL
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

LeadHog

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on December 16, 2006, 02:06:52 pm
Interesting stat.  The second fewest points scored in a win by Arkansas came against Texas Tech in 1977 -- 41 points.

But we won, didn't we?

idochog

Quote from: LeadHog on December 16, 2006, 02:03:46 pm
Quote from: idochog on December 16, 2006, 02:02:41 pm
Maybe HDN can transfer to the BB team.

HDN was a pretty good basketabll player.

Plus HDN spends more time playing pickup hoops in the Hyper than breaking down film.

Why break down film when you gonna run the same crap over and over.
I love Jesus!

hogfursty

Quote from: LeadHog on December 16, 2006, 02:05:44 pm

Yep. For all the haters out there the bottom line was great in football. So don't expect HDN leaving anytime soon.

ThunderHog

artyhog

Love the back and forth of CHAT.  they got on Nutt so I had to leave.

Why does every topic have to be about Nutt?

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: LeadHog on December 16, 2006, 02:07:36 pm
But we won, didn't we?

Yes.  Just saying that it could happen again.  Doubtful it will be THAT low, but it happened.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on December 16, 2006, 02:06:52 pm

Dang Bomis - you win some bling bling and karma for that one.

Bacon out...

LeadHog

Quote from: hogfursty on December 16, 2006, 02:08:12 pm

Yep. For all the haters out there the bottom line was great in football. So don't expect HDN leaving anytime soon.

It's all about the $$$.  Start to lose, less $$$, get fired.

artyhog

Maybe they will come out fired up in the second half.

pigmania

Ok boys here we go. God please show us some mercy

cityhog

Why is Mike Nail doing the radio broadcast solo?

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

pigmania

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

pigmania

Turn over again by Ervin. God send him back to Starkville.

hogs25

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

HOGBLOODED

pignatious

That's the only thing he cares about. I hope you are right.
Freedom is never free.

LeadHog

Quote from: adidashogs on December 16, 2006, 02:09:51 pm
Ervin is TERRIBLE  

Ervin should be riding the pine.  He is losing the game almost all by himself.

hawgdan

Stan, you need to tear Ervin's arse up.  Stop being a puss and get these players respect

LeadHog

cityhog

pigmania

McCurdy is the man, leave Ervin on the bench for the rest of the season

cityhog

LeadHog

Quote from: pigmania on December 16, 2006, 02:18:08 pm

Can we make him go back to Miss. State?

pigmania

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

hawgdan

Hell, let Hill play point, he would do just a good as what we have.

cityhog

Hoop

It's been 5 years and Stan still hasn't had a solid point gaurd.
Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

HOGBLOODED

Quote from: pigmania on December 16, 2006, 02:18:08 pm

He got all that hair up out his eyes, gah he butchered it, he used to have a mop

hogs25

There was more talent at the Sigma Nu house than what we have out there.