Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe McKnight..

Started by dotnet, December 15, 2006, 11:23:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dotnet

Moved up to the number 1 player in the espn.com recruiting rankings.  That is pretty impressive. 

jmchog

The host of Rivals Radio thinks there is no way he goes to
USC.  Does that make it between us, LSU, and ND?

501Ben

We just need to get him on campus, let Darren and Felix be his player hosts. "Hi I'm Darren, want to hold my doak walker award for me? Thanks!"

HOGKING

Is he expted to take a visit?

ThunderHawg

Quote from: HOGKING on December 18, 2006, 10:16:03 pm
Is he expted to take a visit?

Yes, he is supposed to be setting up his visits this week

Purple Tiger

He just returned from USC.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Purple Tiger on December 19, 2006, 01:57:38 am
He just returned from USC.
purple tiger comes in and dashes our hopes every time we get a dash of good news about JM.

considering he does this on every JM post, i sense a little anxiety. it would suck to lose the best player in your state huh? we know the feeling.

we know we are on the outside looking in PT, but we feel like we have a chance simply because he is a RB. YES, he will probably go to LSU or USC, we know that and we know that you think that; but we do have a chance however small it may be.

Hogtropolis™

I was looking on rivals and we are not even on his list of college choices?  Just wondering what was going on?

Vandimar

rivals is a bit behind the times on this one. GASP!

anyways go look at scout i believe they have updated him in the last year.
I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song.

hogball33

why is ole miss even mentioned with him? 

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Vandimar on December 19, 2006, 04:52:45 pm

Thanks...I guess that GASP! means that rivals is usually behind on their updates?

The_Hill

Quote from: Hogtropolis on December 19, 2006, 07:47:55 pm
Quote from: Vandimar on December 19, 2006, 04:52:45 pm

Thanks...I guess that GASP! means that rivals is usually behind on their updates?
that'd be a good guess... they had us as the only team on Austin Panter list til he commited to Michigan
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

HOGINTENNESSEE

SoTexHog

well, if he wants to run the ball behind a line that's good year after year, then the Hogs would be natural choice.  if he wants to stay close to home so his family can get to games, then LSU would be the choice.

The_Hill

Quote from: SoTexHog on December 20, 2006, 11:56:02 am
well, if he wants to run the ball behind a line that's good year after year, then the Hogs would be natural choice.  if he wants to stay close to home so his family can get to games, then LSU would be the choice.
and if he wants to be close to his gf then he'll go to usc...
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

Razorback_Z71

I think he will go to USC.  I read somewhere that he said.. he would like to go to a program with a strong winning tradition.   

But I hope we can somehow get this guy.

The_Bionic_Pig

He will be taking his visits after the dead period is over in January... "let the speculation begin"  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

imtad16

Why doesn't Rivals have Arkansas as one of the schools McKnight is interested in? When many other sources say he is very interested?

Hawgballz

Quote from: imtad16 on December 24, 2006, 02:27:53 am
Why doesn't Rivals have Arkansas as one of the schools McKnight is interested in? When many other sources say he is very interested?

Rivals sometimes runs quite a bit behind.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Purple Tiger

He visits LSU the last weekend before signing day. He has been to USC and has scheduled visit to Notre Dame.

bustloose

Of course this sounds biased, but why wouldn't a top running back in the country want to go to Arkansas.  We always lead the SEC in rushing, so you know you are going to get touches.  You play in the SEC so if you do rack up nice yardage, you get more respect.  Ask Slate who rushed for 1700 yards and McFadden was voted the best running back in the country with less yards. 

Top running backs should want to come here.

Ugly Uncle

He is going to USC.  Unless something changed on his visit out there...he has every intention of being a Trojan.
Retired Radio Host

mbgrulz

Quote from: Purple Tiger on December 24, 2006, 02:31:21 pm
He visits LSU the last weekend before signing day. He has been to USC and has scheduled visit to Notre Dame.
calm down PT, you'll prolly get him, but quit posting on every JM thread. youre just showing your insecurity.

imtad16

December 24, 2006, 03:44:08 pm #23 Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 03:49:58 pm by imtad16
Heres the deal Ungly uncle if you didn't hear or notice the Host of rivals radio who has a lot of insight and sources says Joe McKnight probably wont go to USC. Just face it you dont know what your talking about. A guy who knows whats up says he isn't going to usc. And you(ungly uncle) for some reason think he is going there. I don't know where he will go, but I do know that USC has 4 phenomenal freshman running backs and already have a commitment from another top ten running back Marc Tyler as well as Broderick Green. By my count that is 6 good running backs, while McKnights other schools don't have near the log jam at his position, the others might have upper classmen at RB, but not 4 sophomores and 2 freshmen. But hey what do I know or what do the qualified experts know who say he is leaning away from USC at this point. Ugly Uncle you know what I can't stand? When people make ridiculously bold predictions with no real factual basis behind them. And I know all you really wanted to do was be negative in some way.

PulledPork

Quote from: imtad16 on December 24, 2006, 03:44:08 pm
Heres the deal Ungly uncle if you didn't hear or notice the Host of rivals radio who has a lot of insight and sources says Joe McKnight probably wont go to USC. Just face it you dont know what your talking about. A guy who knows whats up says he isn't going to usc. And you(ungly uncle) for some reason think he is going there. I don't know where he will go, but I do know that USC has 4 phenomenal freshman running backs and already have a commitment from another top ten running back Marc Tyler as well as Broderick Green. By my count that is 6 good running backs, while McKnights other schools don't have near the log jam at his position, the others might have upper classmen at RB, but not 4 sophomores and 2 freshmen. But hey what do I know or what do the qualified experts know who say he is leaning away from USC at this point. Ugly Uncle you know what I can't stand? When people make rediculously bold predictions with no real factual basis behind them. And I know all you really wanted to do was be negative in some way.
I can't stand people who spell "ridiculously" wrong.....

Pulled out...

imtad16

December 24, 2006, 03:47:34 pm #25 Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 03:50:55 pm by imtad16
nope

Adam Stokes

Quote from: PulledPork on December 24, 2006, 03:45:40 pm

Pulled out...

If you really want to know what I hate, it's a

PulledPork

Quote from: ajs15razorman on December 24, 2006, 04:01:48 pm
Quote from: PulledPork on December 24, 2006, 03:45:40 pm

Pulled out...

If you really want to know what I hate, it's a

and I hate people that can't tell the difference between grammar and spelling....

Pulled out...

The real Hogules

The discussion was where people thought McKnight might end up, and not a spelling Vs. grammar post.
I think McKnight ends up at LSU, but if not the Tigers from Red Stick, then why not Arkansas???
We have nice facilities and a loooooooooooooooooooong history of featuring the TB very prominently in our offense, so again why not the Razorbacks???
LSU is without a doubt the odds on favorite to land Joe McKnight, but if Joe doesn't choose to stay home, then we have as good of a shot at getting J.M. as ANYONE!!!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hogstocking

Quote from: uglyuncle on December 24, 2006, 03:15:06 pm
He is going to USC.  Unless something changed on his visit out there...he has every intention of being a Trojan.

If Arkansas has no shot at McKnight, I really really hope you're right.

I dont not want to face that kid every year.

Purple Tiger

If LSU doesn't get McKnight,they still lead forJ.B. Parker,a hidden gem. I feel good about getting both of them.

PulledPork

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 24, 2006, 08:05:49 pm
The discussion was where people thought McKnight might end up, and not a spelling Vs. grammar post.
I think McKnight ends up at LSU, but if not the Tigers from Red Stick, then why not Arkansas???
We have nice facilities and a loooooooooooooooooooong history of featuring the TB very prominently in our offense, so again why not the Razorbacks???
LSU is without a doubt the odds on favorite to land Joe McKnight, but if Joe doesn't choose to stay home, then we have as good of a shot at getting J.M. as ANYONE!!!
your right, and I couldn't find anything misspelled or in error grammatically from your post.  You are good to go!

;)

Pulled out...

The real Hogules

Quote from: PulledPork on December 25, 2006, 12:48:51 pm
your right, and I couldn't find anything misspelled or in error grammatically from your post.  You are good to go!

;)

Pulled out...

"IF" there were NO misspelled words or grammatical errors in my post that's called "LUCK", not skill.
And BTW, I think if McKnight visits Arkansas that McFadden will probably be one of his many hosts and the kid can't help but be impressed with being shown around by the best TB in college football!!!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

PulledPork

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 25, 2006, 03:18:34 pm
Quote from: PulledPork on December 25, 2006, 12:48:51 pm

;)

Pulled out...

"IF" there were NO misspelled words or grammatical errors in my post that's called "LUCK", not skill.
And BTW, I think if McKnight visits Arkansas that McFadden will probably be one of his many hosts and the kid can't help but be impressed with being shown around by the best TB in college football!!!
as long as he is kept away from our head Nutt, I am happy!  During his visit, that is....

Pulled out...

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: imtad16 on December 24, 2006, 03:44:08 pm
Heres the deal Ungly uncle if you didn't hear or notice the Host of rivals radio who has a lot of insight and sources says Joe McKnight probably wont go to USC. Just face it you dont know what your talking about. A guy who knows whats up says he isn't going to usc. And you(ungly uncle) for some reason think he is going there. I don't know where he will go, but I do know that USC has 4 phenomenal freshman running backs and already have a commitment from another top ten running back Marc Tyler as well as Broderick Green. By my count that is 6 good running backs, while McKnights other schools don't have near the log jam at his position, the others might have upper classmen at RB, but not 4 sophomores and 2 freshmen. But hey what do I know or what do the qualified experts know who say he is leaning away from USC at this point. Ugly Uncle you know what I can't stand? When people make ridiculously bold predictions with no real factual basis behind them. And I know all you really wanted to do was be negative in some way.

Look, I don't know you, and I know you don't know me.  You might not want to talk so much until you know who it is you are talking to.

Unless something has changed in the last few days, he (by he I mean Joe McKnight himself) said that he was going to USC.  I know that is what HE said.  My source isn't as good as YOUR OPINION, but he did personally tell my nephew (a good friend of his) that he was going to USC.  This isn't one of those "told nephew's friends, cousin, Aunts, brother, blah blah blah..."  So, I am just going on what HE personally said just days ago to a buddy of his.

But, you are right, I haven't talked to you personally about it...nor have I talked to the Rivals guys about it.  So, maybe I don't know what I am talking about. 

So, I say again, unless something changed on his trip to USC he has every intention of going to USC.

How in the world you got that I was trying to stir up trouble or be negative is beyond me.  How was anything that I said being negative?

Go back and read my post.  I rarely if ever state anything emphatically.  I don't have just a load of sources...but this one is about as good as it gets.  If he has changed his mind so be it.  It still doesn't change what I said...I'll say it again so you don't misinterpret me..."UNLESS SOMETHING CHANGED ON HIS TRIP OUT THERE, HE HAS EVERY INTENTION OF BEING A TROJAN."

I don't cause trouble on here...I don't call people out on here.  You should maybe try to act the same.
Retired Radio Host

NewYorkerPorker

Quote from: PulledPork on December 25, 2006, 12:48:51 pmyour right, and I couldn't find anything misspelled or in error grammatically from your post.  You are good to go!

;)

Pulled out...

I don't have a dog in this hunt.  I really don't care about anyone's spelling or grammar as long as they can get their point across, but if you're going to correct someone on their spelling and grammar, then you should make sure you use the correct form of your/you're.

Now, let's get back on topic.

imtad16

December 25, 2006, 10:51:47 pm #36 Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 10:55:47 pm by imtad16
It drives me crazy when people make bold predictions with nothing behind them. People throw out predictions and no one marks it down and theres no accountability for it so people keep making stupid predictions... and yes that is there opinion and they can say that stuff, but its annoying when pesimism and hatred of someone or somthing is what is really behind that prediction.

So when I read what you said and another guy who said that right after hearing a guy who is very qualified and in a good position to know whats up, i said what I said.

And hey maybe you do have a strong connection to Joe McKnight. But I'll have to admit that it is pretty random that you have that connection. You could also be just some guy saying you do. But I can't know either for sure. I mean its real bold to say "He has every intention to be a trojan".

Not trying to cause trouble just trying to bring some accountability....Also there are a lot of negative things said on here and I just assummed  your comment might be negative. I mean you do have  "nutt is a horrible coach...frank has to go and I could be wrong... but Im not." all around your posts. So it can come off has hey this guy is negative.

Ugly Uncle

I understand, and I accept your apology. 

I do have that connection and you can ask any other Mod. about my credibility.

Retired Radio Host

imtad16

Im a reasonable guy...i'll take note of it.

PulledPork

Quote from: NewYorkerPorker on December 25, 2006, 09:03:53 pm
Quote from: PulledPork on December 25, 2006, 12:48:51 pmyour right, and I couldn't find anything misspelled or in error grammatically from your post.  You are good to go!

;)

Pulled out...

I don't have a dog in this hunt.  I really don't care about anyone's spelling or grammar as long as they can get their point across, but if you're going to correct someone on their spelling and grammar, then you should make sure you use the correct form of your/you're.

before you take a jab at me, why don't you read the entire thread and realize what I was trying to do....be sarcastic!  I don't give a shiite about anyone's spelling or grammar.  I was picking at someone who was trying to come across heavy handed and that is all.  Don't get so full of yourself.

Pulled out...

Ugly Uncle

I really do hope things have changed.  If it has Im afraid it will be for LSU though.
Retired Radio Host

NewYorkerPorker

Quote from: PulledPork on December 25, 2006, 11:51:33 pm

;)

Pulled out...

before you take a jab at me, why don't you read the entire thread and realize what I was trying to do....be sarcastic!  I don't give a shiite about anyone's spelling or grammar.  I was picking at someone who was trying to come across heavy handed and that is all.  Don't get so full of yourself.

Pulled out...

I don't think anyone reading your post would have taken it as "sarcasm".  Now, let's stop cluttering up the thread.

PulledPork

Quote from: NewYorkerPorker on December 26, 2006, 04:27:57 pm

;)

Pulled out...

Pulled out...

I don't think anyone reading your post would have taken it as "sarcasm".  Now, let's stop cluttering up the thread.
funny......you're the only one that has called me out on it.

Pulled out...

Cresthog

Ole Miss now gets a visit from Joe McKnight...

Strange how Ole Miss is getting such good recruiting classes. I think something fishy is going on over there.

TX HOG

NewYorkerPorker

Quote from: PulledPork on December 26, 2006, 05:02:28 pm

;)

Pulled out...

Pulled out...

Pulled out...

I find it hard to believe you missed ajs15razorman calling you a Grammar Nazi and The real Hogules posts, especially considering you responded to both.

If you have a problem with the content of someone's post call them out on the substance of their post, not spelling or grammar.

PulledPork

Quote from: NewYorkerPorker on December 26, 2006, 05:21:13 pm
Quote from: PulledPork on December 26, 2006, 05:02:28 pm

;)

Pulled out...

Pulled out...

Pulled out...

I find it hard to believe you missed ajs15razorman calling you a Grammar Nazi and The real Hogules posts, especially considering you responded to both.

If you have a problem with the content of someone's post call them out on the substance of their post, not spelling or grammar.
aj was just pointing out that I was being a bit picky.  it was all in jest and nothing more.  I was actually picking at imtad for being so serious.  lo and behold you stick your nose into something that was just in fun.....go figure?

Pulled out...

mbgrulz

Quote from: Cresthog on December 26, 2006, 05:07:22 pm
Ole Miss now gets a visit from Joe McKnight...

Strange how Ole Miss is getting such good recruiting classes. I think something fishy is going on over there.
orgeron learned from the best on how to buy players. pete carroll. the problem is ole piss is a school that the ncaa would have zero problem giving OM probation and forcing orgeron out of the coaching fraternity, but at USC, they want everything swept under the rug B/C they make $$$$ for the NCAA.

so back to the point, do we even have a shot at a visit from JM? there is 4 weekends per month, and 3 of them are booked up it looks like.

OM has been the SEC's doormat for basically ever, and when they are recruiting with (not to mention arkansas) LSU, & USC? gimmie a break.

Purple Tiger

J.B. Parker is visiting Ole Miss.

The_Bionic_Pig

LSU (1 hour from campus)  & USC (girlfriend) will get the final two visit's - he has eliminated Notre Dame and replaced them with Ole Miss I am assuming because of the academic standards. So within the first 2 weekends of January he will visit Arkansas & Ole Miss according to the scout article.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*