Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not a rhetorical question—why did the Monk family move to Bentonville?

Started by Mo_Better_Hogs, March 15, 2017, 01:41:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elkhog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 15, 2017, 02:23:07 pm
He grew up wanting to be a hog.  His family wanted him to be a hog as well except one person in particular.  That person pushed him to Kentucky for his own personal gain.  It will eventually come to light that Marcus has been acting as his agent for a while now.  A lot of people in his own family are pissed at him.

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on March 15, 2017, 01:56:15 pm
His mother was given a job for the Bentonville School District.

Don't know about that, but do know that's not where she is at now.
GO HOGS!!!

elkhog

Quote from: 87017 on March 15, 2017, 02:30:30 pm
Agreed, there wasn't any foul play in Malik moving to Bentonville. A move was inevitable and every option was better than Lepanto.

Take it with a grain of salt, but Ive been told the sentiment within the Arkansas staff is that if Marcus had not been hired as a GA Malik would be a Hog. Might be him pursuing Kentucky players/connections or maybe Marcus thought the program was in poor shape. Hopefully more information will come to light in the future

I know this.  Maliks mind was made up after his visit to Kentucky.  Told you guys weeks before the announcement.
GO HOGS!!!

elkhog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on March 15, 2017, 02:50:16 pm
So sad, really. For someone who donned the Cardinal and White and become a really popular player, then to have also laced it up on the hardwood to just turn his back on his alma mater is sickening. Does he really think he's going to end up being some big shot agent just because his brother played at the NBA factory? Guys are going to go with reputable agents that have been doing it for years! Especially when you look at someone who does that to their own school. How could you trust an agent to have what's best for you? It's a shame. Hogs could have made a deeper run in the tourney, he still would have been a freshman all-American, and would have gone down as a legend here, which would have only helped Marcus. I don't see how he honestly thinks going to UK would benefit him more? People riding family coattails never works out as is a bad look. Just look at the Ball situation going on right now! Dear ole dad calling out MJ and wanting a BILLION dollar shoe deal, along with selling merchandise, all while the kids are still AMATEURS and can't play defense worth a lick! SCREW THE MONKS!!
[/quot
Quote from: MountieDawg on March 15, 2017, 02:53:45 pm
Just to be clear, his mom does not work for Walmart or the Bentonville School district... She actually works in an elderly care facility.  Rumors become facts when 5 people guess what happened.  These are the facts. 
This is correct.
GO HOGS!!!

LoViThog

elkhog

Quote from: majestic on March 15, 2017, 07:41:47 pm
I think calling a 18-19 year old kid a POS is a bit over the top.

It was until he did his "cut throat".
GO HOGS!!!

ricepig

Quote from: supersaint on March 17, 2017, 03:15:33 pm
Har Ber high was in the running too.

Jonesboro put in their bid too, but Swift had coached him in AAU with Marcus, so no deal.

elkhog

GO HOGS!!!

supersaint

Quote from: ricepig on March 17, 2017, 03:36:11 pm
Jonesboro put in their bid too, but Swift had coached him in AAU with Marcus, so no deal.
Yep
His HS coach at EPC told me two months before Monk moved that he would end up Bentonville or Herr Derr. 
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.