Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monk says "He'll learn from the throat slashing incident".

Started by Bogghawg, March 12, 2017, 03:40:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

http://foxsportstexarkana.com/?p=3216

He may learn from it, but it won't be because the SEC refs lifted a finger to teach him anything. I was very angry at Dusty and Moses when all that first went down, but if the refs would've just done their job, i don't think it would've happened like it did. And yes, Coach Zimmerman needs to shut up, too.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Timfromlittlerockhog

HamIAm

Who is the assistant coach that was supposedly talking trash before the game?  I've seen this claim made over and over, but no one ever identifies a person.

The Boar War

When will he learn...during a moment of quiet reflection?  The proper time to learn this lesson is while you're sitting on the bench watching the other team shoot free throws.  I don't care if it makes him a better person; enforce the rules of the game.

Tejano Jawg

Who cares if he "learns" or not? That's not our problem. And his learning is not the referee's concern. What I don't understand is that the throat-slash is been a punishable offense for years and years now. Why was he given an exemption today?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

XavierZane

What he learned- again- is that Kentucky is protected. 

jfred59

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on March 12, 2017, 03:44:52 pm
Who cares if he "learns" or not? That's not our problem. And his learning is not the referee's concern. What I don't understand is that the throat-slash is been a punishable offense for years and years now. Why was he given an exemption today?

KENTUCKY

forrest city joe

There is nothing to learn.Monk is a punk.PERIOD! i don't know he or his brother. but based on what i have seen and heard. i can not stand either one of them. they can go to hell. the people who need to learn are the refs. they let him throat slash the Arkansas bench twice. and did not call a damn thing.that's on those 3 crook punks.

pigture perfect

He won't learn anything from Coach Cal either. He will not miss a single minute of playing time because of it next game. I can't tell you how much respect I've lost on the whole Monk family. Marcus used to be one of my favorites, but I wouldn't stop him from playing in the street anymore.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

LRHawg

Cal won't do crap, he won't learn anything. All this does is show kids you can go to the blue bloods and get away with it. Nothing new, here.

elksnort

I like our team more than ever after this game. I wish Moses would have been a little smarter at the beginning of the game but I can't blame him or Dusty for what happened later on

ALLVOL

I didn't se the throat slash when it happened. But I'm not surprised at all. He ran his mouth at the Hog bench and even fans pretty much all game. Most of the entire KY team was doing their normal mouthing all game. And the refs not only didn't call the throat slash but KY pushed and shoved constantly. I'm really surprised things didn't get out of hand a lot sooner than it did.

Monk showed his ass big time.

WorfHog

He'll have plenty of time to reflect riding the pine in the d league.

forrest city joe

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 12, 2017, 04:13:44 pm
I didn't se the throat slash when it happened. But I'm not surprised at all. He ran his mouth at the Hog bench and even fans pretty much all game. Most of the entire KY team was doing their normal mouthing all game. And the refs not only didn't call the throat slash but KY pushed and shoved constantly. I'm really surprised things didn't get out of hand a lot sooner than it did.

I saw the same things you did. yet the refs kept smiling and laughing with Cal and his players.and kept giving KY all the calls.and none calls when they were throwing bodies on Arkansas with no call.it was a joke and a disgrace.Monk is a punk.can't stand he or his brother.

HogsonHicks

He won't learn a damn thing. The Kentucky model encourages primadonna behavior, starting with the sleezy Calipari, and makes a mockery of college athletics.

No other team in any NCAA sport encourages or allows the NBA D-League model they use.   Whether we won or not, Kentucky basketball is all that's wrong with college athletics.

LZH

Quote from: WorfHog on March 12, 2017, 04:16:17 pm
He'll have plenty of time to reflect riding the pine in the d league.

I wish....but unfortunately he's as good as advertised.  I bet he'll be a prime-time NBA player sooner than later.  Punk.

LRHawg

Quote from: LZH on March 12, 2017, 04:26:38 pm
I wish....but unfortunately he's as good as advertised.  I bet he'll be a prime-time NBA player sooner than later.  Punk.

Everyone else in the NBA is just as talented. If he doesn't grow up he'll be mediocre at best.

IronMountainHog

I can't wait till all the illegal stuff that happened during his recruitment comes to the surface. Starting with showing up at Bentonville and ending with him signing the dotted line with Crapalari. BTW did anyone hear the guy yelling at Coach Cal during the halftime interview? I heard bags of money and money bags, but I couldn't make out the rest. Sounded like someone was calling him out in the background.

5 little pigs

Monk is a no class punk!  Officials should hide in shame at the one sidedness of their calls!  You would think Dick Vitale was married to calipari, he was goo-goo'ing over him worse than musburger over 'Bama QBs girlfriend a couple years ago

BrooklynRoss

If I was an NBA scout right now, I'd be looking hard at Barford. Dude could average 20/5/5 next year. He's going to be a handful and we're going to have a lot of good guards backing him up.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

RagingHawgOn

Monk can smooch my big ole white ass. Screw him. Screw the refs too.

I hope our guys stay pissed going into the tourney!

WPS!!!!!

SamBuckhart

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 12, 2017, 04:13:44 pm

I saw it right after the made 3 that was after clock expired. I could not believe it. Sleazy coach and a team who saw their lead go to 9 and could not handle the fact that we made a run. Time to drain the Kentucky swamp!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

riccoar

I'm not nearly as convinced he will be a prime time player in NBA. He will get drafted but will need a lot of development.

MissippHog

It's possible, no one knows for sure.  What I am sure of is if he does that to a Tony Allen type it will be the last time he does it.

farmhawg

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 12, 2017, 04:05:52 pm
He won't learn anything from Coach Cal either. He will not miss a single minute of playing time because of it next game. I can't tell you how much respect I've lost on the whole Monk family. Marcus used to be one of my favorites, but I wouldn't stop him from playing in the street anymore.
I agree.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

BossHog12

I for one, am happy Moses and Dusty did what they did at the end of the game. Love that fire, screw Kentucky

(notOM)Rebel123

I haven't watched KY much this year but just curious....has Monk always been introduced as being from Lepanto, like he was today?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hogsmo Kramer

He's a bag of turds and won't amount to much in the NBA.

He'll be a backup and get minutes here and there but that's it. He's a standout talent in college, he won't be in the NBA.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

go hogues

Quote from: BossHog12 on March 12, 2017, 05:29:07 pm
I for one, am happy Moses and Dusty did what they did at the end of the game. Love that fire, screw Kentucky
I missed it. What did they do?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PonderinHog

Quote from: go hogues on March 12, 2017, 05:57:32 pm
I missed it. What did they do?
They got T'ed up on a couple of relatively inexpensive shots on Kensucky at the end of the game.

ShadowHawg

He is a great college player, no doubt. I question his slight build and how it can affect his durability.

There are plenty of players with his athleticism in the league as well. His commitment to defense sucks as well. You won't see the court in the NBA if you can't/won't defend.

Hogsmo Kramer

bcdeputy

Quote from: LRHawg on March 12, 2017, 04:27:58 pm
Everyone else in the NBA is just as talented. If he doesn't grow up he'll be mediocre at best.

Carmelo Anthony has been a spoiled athlete primma donna for years and is labeled a star.  Growing up doesn't mean a thing in the NBA

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: bcdeputy on March 12, 2017, 06:14:35 pm
Carmelo Anthony has been a spoiled athlete primma donna for years and is labeled a star.  Growing up doesn't mean a thing in the NBA

Monk IS NOT Carmelo Anthony!  :D