Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't want to hear it. Refs are pro KY

Started by ShadowHawg, March 12, 2017, 12:39:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

March 12, 2017, 12:39:26 pm Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:08:03 pm by ShadowHawg
Refs have absolutely taken this game over.

This post was written while the game was still a back and forth affair. Neither team had asserted it's will over the other at this point.

If you are joining this thread to say that the refs didn't cost us the game,etc, keep moving.

This was an opinion on a moment early in the game in the moment it took place, not a summation or excuse for our loss.

NuttinItUp

As others have found who have played Kentucky, it is hard to win when you are playing 5 on 8.

Timfromlittlerockhog

They pushed Trey down to the ground .. NOTHING. Breathe on Bam and they blow the whistle. Its so obvious that its unreal.

Boardon Hamsay

Foul count is 8 us, 7 them. Sure, it a high count but still even. Problem is, we're not at the same level with them physically.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

WorfHog

It's the no calls that get me.  We should have been in the bonus much sooner, but the whistles dissappear when we're on offense.

Hogs958

Moses has taken this game too. He killed our momentum.

JonClaudeVanHam

Oh, come on. There have been a couple bad calls, but that's to be expected. They wouldn't even matter if we would hit open shots and make wide open lay ups.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

20gauge

Someone start a third thread on how the refs are turning the ball over and out hustling us with their backups

Boardon Hamsay

First thing to do when you're getting beat, blame refs instead of look at how sloppy we've played, how we've turned the ball over, how we've missed shots, how we're outmatched physically, etc. Yep, it's the refs I tell you.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

20gauge

KY 60% shooting Hogs 36%. Darn those refs

Philip Seaton

SEC wants more balance? They need to start with the officiating.

jfred59

Quote from: Philip Seaton on March 12, 2017, 01:14:11 pm
SEC wants more balance? They need to start with the officiating.

And hammer sleeze ball coachs like Cal

Dropkick

Hannahs cold and Moses going brain dead was much more of a factor in first half

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Dropkick on March 12, 2017, 01:17:11 pm
Hannahs cold and Moses going brain dead was much more of a factor in first half

Don't come in here with logic when everybody knows the refs will cost us this game.

code red

These are the type of threads that should go to the trash.  We are being out athleted. It seems as though they're bad calls but they're just better than we are.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

popcornhog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 12, 2017, 12:39:26 pm
Refs have absolutely taken this game over.

Total losers mentality. Embarrassing.
WPS

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on March 12, 2017, 01:04:37 pm
First thing to do when you're getting beat, blame refs instead of look at how sloppy we've played, how we've turned the ball over, how we've missed shots, how we're outmatched physically, etc. Yep, it's the refs I tell you.
Foul count is a small portion of what referees are responsible for.

The technical. If MA doesn't call timeout monk's 3 would have counted.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: popcornhog on March 12, 2017, 01:19:39 pm

I wrote this when we were still ahead, jerk.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: code red on March 12, 2017, 01:19:10 pm
These are the type of threads that should go to the trash.  We are being out athleted. It seems as though they're bad calls but they're just better than we are.

Again, thread started BEFORE we were even behind.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 12, 2017, 01:23:19 pm

So, you knew early we were outmatched and wanted to be the first one to start the blame the refs thread. We got it.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on March 12, 2017, 01:28:10 pm
So, you knew early we were outmatched and wanted to be the first one to start the blame the refs thread. We got it.

No the complexion of this game changed on the bogus jump ball call and technical. That's when I started the thread. Sorry you can't understand the game.

hogsanity

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on March 12, 2017, 01:28:10 pm

they just keep this on  copy/paste and change the opponent name, they blame the refs for EVERY loss. They blamed the refs for the debacle at OSU.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Timfromlittlerockhog

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 12, 2017, 01:23:19 pm

I just put them on ignore. They have an agenda thats its always Mikes fault. They can't see the conferences and the medias love fest for KY. They have a crush on the biggest cheats in the country. If this was an evenly called game it would be a lot closer.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on March 12, 2017, 01:31:25 pm
they just keep this on  copy/paste and change the opponent name, they blame the refs for EVERY loss. They blamed the refs for the debacle at OSU.

You are such a punk. The margin for error is too small for calls like the tech, no call on Macon getting slapped in the face and the possession getting changed to Kentucky after called our way, the bogus charge call on Manny by the ref behind and at half court, Heck if MA didn't call timeout monk's 3 was going to be counted.

The 2 threes just before the half are what opened the lead up for sure, but not admitting that a series of bs calls helped Kentucky take back and maintain a lead until Kentucky actually made some plays.is what opened the game up is proof you don't understand the game.

The current margin is on us though, but the game absolutely turned on a series of sorry calls.

hogsanity

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 12, 2017, 01:41:04 pm
You are such a punk. The margin for error is too small for calls like the tech, no call on Macon getting slapped in the face and the possession getting changed to Kentucky after called our way, the bogus charge call on Manny by the ref behind and at half court, Heck if MA didn't call timeout monk's 3 was going to be counted.

The 2 threes just before the half are what opened the lead up for sure, but not admitting that a series of bs calls helped Kentucky take back and maintain a lead until Kentucky actually made some plays.is what opened the game up.

The current margin is on us though, but the game absolutely turned on a series of sorry calls.

but you guys claim this EVERY time the Hogs lose, and often when they win. Arkansas fell back into bad habits today. Long scoring droughts, poor perimeter D, and not taking care of the ball. Hogs played today like Vandy played yesterday.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hoggish1

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 12, 2017, 12:40:57 pm
As others have found who have played Kentucky, it is hard to win when you are playing 5 on 8.

True, and palming?  Who calls that anymore when every player does it all the time?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: hogsanity on March 12, 2017, 01:45:25 pm
but you guys claim this EVERY time the Hogs lose, and often when they win. Arkansas fell back into bad habits today. Long scoring droughts, poor perimeter D, and not taking care of the ball. Hogs played today like Vandy played yesterday.

Mike Anderson is awsome!
Much more successful than the football program!
SEC officials stink!

JONAS

LZH

Yes it was....good to see Mike call "bull****".

hogsanity

IF anyone wants to start reffing, pm me I'll get you the # of an association near you. The game obviously needs great officials like you guys all think you are since you think all the ones that actually call games are horrible.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: popcornhog on March 12, 2017, 01:19:39 pm

It is not a losers mentality. Charging calls on one end and not another? That call on the 5-second violation. It is obvious.

LZH

Nice takedown! Piss on em. Shutup Dickie.

ShadowHawg

Monk makes slit throat gesture at our bench, no tech.

Bam chest bumps Barford, ref breaks it up, no tech.

hogsanity

Quote from: Philip Seaton on March 12, 2017, 01:55:42 pm
It is not a losers mentality. Charging calls on one end and not another? That call on the 5-second violation. It is obvious.

again, if they didnt make these claims every game it would be different.

LZH

ShadowHawg

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 12, 2017, 02:00:05 pm
Monk makes slit throat gesture at our bench, no tech.

Bam chest bumps Barford, ref breaks it up, no tech.

Monk rhymes with punk which is what he is.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

LZH

maxhog5

moses_007

I saw several charges by Kentucky in the second half, not a one called.  Refs definitely are pro-blue.

Hawg Red

The officials are to blame for this sh-tshow. Screwed us all game, let Monk taunt our bench. Our kids are tired and fed up. They fought the whole time through it. Normally, I would not like what Dusty and Moses did but I get it.

I feel sorry for the team that plays us on Thursday or Friday because they got some damn mad Hogs coming at them. I think they will rally around this.

LR_Matt

Ha, so the refs missed all those shots and made Moses thug it up LMAO

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogsanity on March 12, 2017, 02:00:38 pm

Doesn't matter. This crap was beyond ridiculous and one-sided. Bullsh-it is bullsh-t.

OhioHog

Quote from: 20gauge on March 12, 2017, 01:06:12 pm
KY 60% shooting Hogs 36%. Darn those refs

There might be reason they are shooting that well and we are shooting that poorly!  Ijs

OhioHog

Quote from: LR_Matt on March 12, 2017, 02:10:03 pm
Ha, so the refs missed all those shots and made Moses thug it up LMAO

Yep.  A person can only take so much crap.   Do I condone it, no.  But call it fairly and let the better team win.  And it was hardly a Thugged up play as you called it.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on March 12, 2017, 02:00:38 pm

I don't make these claims.

I say that bad calls are just part of every game.

Your denial that referees are unable to impose upon the game is on the verge of mental illness.

hogwild6700

Absolutely mind blowing how often we Blame the refs. Kentucky straight up outplayed us. With the exception of steals-they beat us on every single category. I thought we played pretty solid considering what we were up against. We made some dumb dumb DUMB plays (those two in-bound passes for example) that you can't make against a team that is superior in physical talent.

I'm proud with how this team has played the past few weeks but don't start this blame the refs crap. It makes us look pathetic.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

BDSCT51

Shocked to hear the spouse chime in with how bad we were getting hammered all over the court and no calls. It darn sure affects how you approach the game and play. Blatant favoritism by the officials today that easily overcame our slim chance for a victory.

And............................... We need some men!
Bleeding Razorback Red