Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Tournament

Started by NuttinItUp, March 04, 2017, 09:47:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Anyone care if LSU or Miss. State wins this first one?

PonderinHog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 08, 2017, 05:54:06 pm
Anyone care if LSU or Miss. State wins this first one?
Besides gohogs1091 ??? 

Letsroll1200

Khalil Garland game is very similar to Skylar Mays of LSU.

NuttinItUp

Well LSU got dominated in the first game.

j-mann

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 04, 2017, 11:24:37 pm
That might be enough to steal a 6 seed. Maybe not but some projections already have us as a 7, IIRC. I think we are probably a solid 8 right now.

Haven't seen much of Gonzaga this year. Does anyone who has think we could knock 'em off?

i wouild love to play the zags if we can play Gonzaga we have a shot whan the zags are a high seed they play tight   most years they lose early  i fear if we win round 1 then we get Kansas   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

Tortfeasor

What hotel are the Hogs staying in?

hawgwash

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 08, 2017, 07:03:03 pm
Besides gohogs1091 ??? 
Which one is coached by Brent Venables?

PonderinHog

This Mizzou - Auburn game could go either way.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 08, 2017, 08:42:23 pm
This Mizzou - Auburn game could go either way.

Mizzou is playing better than I expected them to.

Hoggish1

Vandy will take care of FU again...

ADavisTheGOAT

I don't want to play Mizzou again.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

PORKULATOR

You'd rather play Vandy at their gym over Ole Miss? Do you even? I kid, I kid..... Just not this time
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Bigmac2

Quote from: JayHog on March 04, 2017, 11:31:03 pm
Also, I would love another shot at Kentucky. And for it to be in the SEC Championship Finals...the two most storied basketball teams in the SEC going head to head on that national stage. Ahhh... it would feel like old times again.
But, I'm getting ahead of myself. But a guy and dream, right?

This ^^^^^
Florida's speed is to much for Hogs to try and trap and pressure full court. We cannot match Florida's or Kentucky's speed. Light pressure for whoever brings the ball up to take the time off their possession time so they have less time to have set plays. Time is of the essence.

NuttinItUp

Crazy end to this Mizzou-Auburn game.

lefty08

Lol, how did Auburn blow that lead?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ADavisTheGOAT

Auburn just gave that one away

lynbug

After watching these games tonight I'm thinking there's KY, FL, SC.....the others....then there's Arkansas.  Are we just the best of the "others" or can we seriously be thinking championship game?  I'm apprehensive....I can see us going down Friday night to one of the "others"....and I can see us playing on Sunday.  CRAZY.

hog.goblin

I was listening to the Mizzou game on the radio and turned it off with Auburn up 6 (I think) and with the ball under 45 seconds to play.  WTH happened?

lefty08

Quote from: lynbug on March 08, 2017, 10:43:34 pm
After watching these games tonight I'm thinking there's KY, FL, SC.....the others....then there's Arkansas.  Are we just the best of the "others" or can we seriously be thinking championship game?  I'm apprehensive....I can see us going down Friday night to one of the "others"....and I can see us playing on Sunday.  CRAZY.

Ok
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

ADavisTheGOAT

Mizzou wins at the buzzer. Ole Miss vs Mizzou tomorrow.

FineAsSwine

Puryear at the buzzer for the win. Mizzou advances.

NuttinItUp

Just amazing. Can't believe how that one ended.

rljjr

BENJAMINX

What a finish! Sorry boutcha Bruce.

NuttinItUp

Hogs49ers

March 08, 2017, 11:45:44 pm #75 Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 01:38:41 am by Hogs49ers
Bleh..nm.
SCREW Vandy!

lefty08

Quote from: Hogs49ers on March 08, 2017, 11:45:44 pm
I think it is extremely unfair that the SEC tourney is always played in Nashville - that is huge advantage for Vandy every single year.  I know it is considered the "central" location for SEC teams and fan to travel to, but I would imagine almost everyone going is flying anyway, so why not move it around each year?

It's in St Louis next year........

Biggus Piggus

Very ballsy for the ref to call a charging foul on Auburn with seconds left in regulation.
[CENSORED]!

riccoar

Personally, I'd like to see us get Mizzou and exert some redemption

PonderinHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 09, 2017, 07:54:38 am
Very ballsy for the ref to call a charging foul on Auburn with seconds left in regulation.
Yeah, if refs could see in slow motion, that call might have gone the other way.  But it's Auburn so who cares!

lefty08

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 09, 2017, 08:04:16 am
Yeah, if refs could see in slow motion, that call might have gone the other way.  But it's Auburn so who cares!

Any day Auburn loses is a great day. The most corrupt athletic department in the history of corruption. I don't feel bad for them

GuvHog

Quote from: Hogfan991 on March 08, 2017, 09:43:47 pm
I don't want to play Mizzou again.

I do. If they get past Ole Miss they will have played 2 games in 2 days so they wouldn't be coming into the game fresh legged. I would really like the Hog's chances in that one.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 09, 2017, 07:54:38 am
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: riccoar on March 09, 2017, 07:59:30 am
Personally, I'd like to see us get Mizzou and exert some redemption

This is what I'm thinking.  They will be coming into the game with all the feels.  Awww look Kim was let go and his players are playing their hearts out for him, what a great story, how sweet.  Then we just pound them so bad people are like "Oh yeah that's why they fired him"
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 09, 2017, 09:02:59 am
This is what I'm thinking.  They will be coming into the game with all the feels.  Awww look Kim was let go and his players are playing their hearts out for him, what a great story, how sweet.  Then we just pound them so bad people are like "Oh yeah that's why they fired him"

What was the dude's name from Georgia who saved his job for a season with an improbable run to the finals (beating us along the way, as I recall)?  He saved his job for about a half an additional season.  Horrible coach.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 09, 2017, 09:05:16 am
What was the dude's name from Georgia who saved his job for a season with an improbable run to the finals (beating us along the way, as I recall)?  He saved his job for about a half an additional season.  Horrible coach.
Dennis Felton

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 09, 2017, 09:07:37 am
Dennis Felton

Ah yes.  Impressive looking fellow who couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 09, 2017, 09:15:23 am
Ah yes.  Impressive looking fellow who couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.
That loss should have been our first clue that Pel was in over his head.

DiamondHogFan

I would love to get another shot at Mizzou and beat them soundly.  Not that the committee doesn't already know, but we are a MUCH better team now than what we showed at Mizzou.

I would also love to beat Ole Miss again.  No matter who it is, we need to win that game to do what we are "supposed" to do and keep our momentum going into the big dance.

FraggleHog

My ONLY concern re: Hogs in the SECT is if for some reason Mizzou makes it past Ole Miss and we lay an egg against them, will it hurt our RPI enough to the point where we are looking at a last 4 in (play in game) situation?
Calling the Hogs from DFW

lefty08

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 09, 2017, 10:57:06 am
My ONLY concern re: Hogs in the SECT is if for some reason Mizzou makes it past Ole Miss and we lay an egg against them, will it hurt our RPI enough to the point where we are looking at a last 4 in (play in game) situation?

No and no

NuttinItUp

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 09, 2017, 10:57:06 am
We are in no matter what.

Now, it might hurt our seeding. Currently bracketmatrix.com has us as the highest 9 seed. (borderline 8/9 seed basically)   If we were to lose to Missouri, we might go down to a 10 seed. (..or possibly 11 depending on what others do)

FraggleHog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 09, 2017, 11:00:48 am
We are in no matter what.

Now, it might hurt our seeding. Currently bracketmatrix.com has us as the highest 9 seed. (borderline 8/9 seed basically)   If we were to lose to Missouri, we might go down to a 10 seed. (..or possibly 11 depending on what others do)
Quote from: lefty08 on March 09, 2017, 10:58:09 am
No and no

Appreciate the feedback. That makes me feel better... This doesn't "scare" me anymore
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Jackrabbit Hog

Watching the first 8 minutes of the UT v. Ga game right now.  Ugly, ugly basketball.  Poor shooting, turnovers galore.  Looks like two junior high teams going at it.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 09, 2017, 12:16:18 pm
Watching the first 8 minutes of the UT v. Ga game right now.  Ugly, ugly basketball.  Poor shooting, turnovers galore.  Looks like two junior high teams going at it.

Pretty close game at the moment, but I agree it has been a fairly ugly game.

NuttinItUp

Georgia moving on and keeping their post-season hopes alive...

Dwight_K_Shrute

GA wins.  Rick Barnes in 2 years at TN.  31-35 14-22 in conference.  In his 3 years at TN Cuonzo Martin averaged 21 wins per year, never had a losing conf record and went to the Sweet 16 his last year. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 09, 2017, 02:03:30 pm
GA wins.  Rick Barnes in 2 years at TN.  31-35 14-22 in conference.  In his 3 years at TN Cuonzo Martin averaged 21 wins per year, never had a losing conf record and went to the Sweet 16 his last year.

Barnes will get one more year to show significant progress, then it'll be to the Old Coaches' Assisted Living Home for him.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 09, 2017, 02:03:30 pm

Why did Rick Barnes leave Texas? (Was he fired or did he leave on his own?)

He was doing pretty good there it appears.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Barnes#Head_coaching_record

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 09, 2017, 02:06:06 pm
Barnes will get one more year to show significant progress, then it'll be to the Old Coaches' Assisted Living Home for him.

I doubt he gets it done.  In the 11 years before Barnes got there they reached post season every year but 1, the Donnie Tyndall year.