Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Tournament

Started by NuttinItUp, March 04, 2017, 09:47:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on March 09, 2017, 02:18:29 pm
What lol? They'd have already played 2 games in 2 days prior and we'd be playing with a vengeance. Easy W to the semis.

I like the easy W.

I dislike the hit to the RPI.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 09, 2017, 02:12:21 pm
Why did Rick Barnes leave Texas? (Was he fired or did he leave on his own?)

He was doing pretty good there it appears.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Barnes#Head_coaching_record

He was feeling pressure because the record and recruiting had fallen off, so I think he took the Tennessee job a few steps ahead of the posse.  In other words, they were about ready to fire him so he took the Tenner job.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Dwight_K_Shrute

What lol? They'd have already played 2 games in 2 days prior and we'd be playing with a vengeance. Easy W to the semis.

Any opportunity you get to make someone from Mizzou cry you take it.  RPI be darned you avenge losses and then humiliate them.  They are our hated rival don't you know.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Jackrabbit Hog

That's bold talk for a one eyed fat man.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 09, 2017, 02:21:47 pm
He was feeling pressure because the record and recruiting had fallen off, so I think he took the Tennessee job a few steps ahead of the posse.  In other words, they were about ready to fire him so he took the Tenner job.

Makes sense, I suppose. However, it looks like he took the team to the NCAA tournament every year but one he was there. (over the course of 17 seasons)

I bet they wish they had him back after their debacle this year. (last in Big 12, 4-14 conference, 10-21 regular season record)

navyhog24

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 09, 2017, 02:19:44 pm
I like the easy W.

I dislike the hit to the RPI.

At this point, it doesn't matter, especially if we go 1-1 in the tourney

NuttinItUp

SPAL

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 09, 2017, 02:39:56 pm
At this point, it doesn't matter, especially if we go 1-1 in the tourney

Might be the difference in 7 or 8

rljjr

Vandy and aTm tearing it up offensively! 7:42 left in the first half and it is tied 9-9.

wupigsuey

Quote from: rljjr on March 09, 2017, 06:25:12 pm
Vandy and aTm tearing it up offensively! 7:42 left in the first half and it is tied 9-9.

peewees
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

HamIAm

I'm starting to wonder what the record is for fewest combined points in a half

NuttinItUp

jjdlc

I've seen junior high girls games higher scoring than this.

NuttinItUp

March 09, 2017, 06:47:20 pm #113 Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 07:11:39 pm by NuttinItUp
Aggies letting it slip away..

jst01

I wouldn't wanna play vandy in this tourney

NuttinItUp

Quote from: jst01 on March 09, 2017, 07:14:21 pm
I wouldn't wanna play vandy in this tourney

We may have to, if they beat Florida.

PonderinHog

Jackrabbit Hog

Vandy opened up a can the second half.  Crazy good 3 point shooting.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 09, 2017, 02:22:52 pm
That's bold talk for a one eyed fat man.

Ned Pepper fill your hands.

Jackrabbit Hog

Is anybody else totally creeped out by Little Sweet from the Diet Dr. Pepper commercials? 

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 09, 2017, 08:32:34 pm
Is anybody else totally creeped out by Little Sweet from the Diet Dr. Pepper commercials? 

I have never liked that promotion. Totally weirds me out.

lumphog

This heres private property

NuttinItUp

Mizzou needs to step it up in the 2nd half if they want to have a shot at winning.

BoarnSupremacy

Not creeped out.  I guess I just don't get it.  What they are trying to do with that

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on March 09, 2017, 09:03:27 pm
Not creeped out.  I guess I just don't get it.  What they are trying to do with that

Targeting the 2 ft tall, Prince lookalike, soprano singing demographic, I guess.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 09, 2017, 09:20:06 pm
Targeting the 2 ft tall, Prince lookalike, soprano singing demographic, I guess.

Sometimes I think some parts of modern advertising just try to be so friggin' weird that it causes people to say "huh?" so they remember it and start talking about it.

(e.g. Like we are now.)

Hawg Red

Ole Miss is looking tough. I liked the potential matchup with Bama better as the 4 seed. Dangerous game for the Hogs tomorrow.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 09, 2017, 09:20:06 pm

Midget Captain Jack Sparrow maybe.

HamIAm

Throw the bum out.
He intentionally ran over the Missouri player.

HamIAm

A double foul, are you kidding me.  The Missouri player was backing up the court and neither had the ball. OM had every opportunity to go around him but he lowered his shoulder into him and went straight over him.  What did I miss?

NuttinItUp

This game needs to be put out of its misery.

jfred59

Quote from: HamIAm on March 09, 2017, 09:50:06 pm
Throw the bum out.
He intentionally ran over the Missouri player.

And those great SEC officials didnt know what to do so they call a double foul

HamIAm

HOw can Kennedy walk out onto the court in front of the ref telling his players what to do when the ball is in play on his end of the court.

ronmahony

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on March 09, 2017, 09:03:27 pm

Yup that is one strange commercial, kind of getting tired of that copper brace thing too.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

ronmahony

Quote from: HamIAm on March 09, 2017, 09:54:21 pm
A double foul, are you kidding me.  The Missouri player was backing up the court and neither had the ball. OM had every opportunity to go around him but he lowered his shoulder into him and went straight over him.  What did I miss?

After two technicals called on Missouri they should have called one on the Ol Miss player I thought. First he knocked him down, then almost kicked him in the head.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

NuttinItUp

PonderinHog

I was okay with him until he mounted the horse from the right side. He lost all credibility at that moment.  Then again, that might be a castrato thing...

bphi11ips

Real basketball starts today.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

gmarv

Yeah I am too.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 10, 2017, 08:13:21 am
I was okay with him until he mounted the horse from the right side. He lost all credibility at that moment.  Then again, that might be a castrato thing...

If I have to see him again tonight, I'm gonna unleash Larry Culpepper on him. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 10, 2017, 09:07:05 am
If I have to see him again tonight, I'm gonna unleash Larry Culpepper on him.
I think Larry owns a cattle company, so he's legit.  The knee brace is proof.

Jackrabbit Hog

Georgia is hanging with Kentucky right now.  About a minute before halftime and Ky hasn't scored in 5 minutes after a red hot start.  Go Dawgs!

RzRbAcK18

Alabama over SC. Calling it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: RzRbAcK18 on March 10, 2017, 02:36:22 pm
Alabama over SC. Calling it.
I dont think this 2-0 score will hold up,  but it has been four minutes...

rljjr

Quote from: gmarv on March 10, 2017, 08:58:40 am
Yeah I am too.

Prince didn't die. He just decided to do Dr. Pepper commercials.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 10, 2017, 02:40:49 pm
I dont think this 2-0 score will hold up,  but it has been four minutes...

This game has all the firepower of a Daisy BB gun.

NuttinItUp

Hope Alabama can win this one..

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 10, 2017, 02:56:37 pm
Hope Alabama can win this one..

They are looking like the better team right now.

I'm beginning to think that Frank Martin graduated from the Kevin Sumlin School of Fast Starts and Slow Finishes

Jackrabbit Hog

Bama up, 23-22, at the half. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 10, 2017, 02:58:15 pm
They are looking like the better team right now.

I'm beginning to think that Frank Martin graduated from the Kevin Sumlin School of Fast Starts and Slow Finishes

He's a grinder.  His style might be good at getting guys ready for the season but wears them out physically and/or mentally by the end.  Fear of getting choked out by your coach only goes so far. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.