Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This forum, this year

Started by TuckFexas, May 16, 2015, 09:27:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TuckFexas

I haven't been around nearly as much this season as in seasons past. I do come here regularly, but mostly just read. It took me a while to figure this team out. In my defense, it took this team a while to figure themselves out. Once again, the Hogs have made my spring enjoyable.

That said, I'd like to offer up kudos to everyone who makes this forum what it is. From the mods to the regulars, and even those that are rarely heard from, it's been a pleasure to come here and see helpful insights and info. Maybe I just learned to stay away from threads where the idiots go ;)? Great job to all involved here. Please continue.

-Tuck
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

lefty08

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 16, 2015, 09:27:14 am
I haven't been around nearly as much this season as in seasons past. I do come here regularly, but mostly just read. It took me a while to figure this team out. In my defense, it took this team a while to figure themselves out. Once again, the Hogs have made my spring enjoyable.

That said, I'd like to offer up kudos to everyone who makes this forum what it is. From the mods to the regulars, and even those that are rarely heard from, it's been a pleasure to come here and see helpful insights and info. Maybe I just learned to stay away from threads where the idiots go ;)? Great job to all involved here. Please continue.

-Tuck

This is by far and away the best forum on hogville, and it's not even close. I guess baseball breeds the good guys  ;)
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Kevin

No agenda's here, just wanting the hogs to win
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

pigture perfect

Baseball is just more of a cerebral game. I agree Tuck, this is the best forum.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Southpaw Hawg

HogFansReunited

I agree, I mostly just read here. Most of you know way more about baseball than I will ever know. This is a great forum where most of the posters know what they are talking about and there isn't too much drama.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

BroyledNutts

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 16, 2015, 09:27:14 am

-Tuck

I will agree...there are parts of Hogville that seem unfriendly if you're not in the "clique"...there are parts that make you want to forget the web address to this site...

And then there is EI - where sanity, logic, disagreement, humor, critical thinking, and fidelity are alive and well...and that's due 100% to the people who are here - from the silent, to the boisterous, to the regulars, to the mods, to even Kevin...the best of the best are here...put here by fate and a common love of Razorback Baseball...and there's nowhere else on this site I'd rather spend my time.

Kevin

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 16, 2015, 06:49:10 pm
I will agree...there are parts of Hogville that seem unfriendly if you're not in the "clique"...there are parts that make you want to forget the web address to this site...

And then there is EI - where sanity, logic, disagreement, humor, critical thinking, and fidelity are alive and well...and that's due 100% to the people who are here - from the silent, to the boisterous, to the regulars, to the mods, to even Kevin...the best of the best are here...put here by fate and a common love of Razorback Baseball...and there's nowhere else on this site I'd ratherspend my time.

Even me?  Just messin with you.  Love ei, it is the best
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Kevin on May 16, 2015, 07:09:13 pm

Even me?  Just messin with you.  Love ei, it is the best

Just bustin' your stones a little - Heck, it seems like you've been here since there was a here....

Kevin

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 16, 2015, 07:10:53 pm
Just bustin' your stones a little - Heck, it seems like you've been here since there was a here....

Back at you, like a little chop bustin

Knot2brite

This is the only forum I actually invest more than a passing glance at anymore. The others just seem to be speculation of the most outrageous type and a chance for everyone to be a comedian or smart aleck about your posts. Thought outside the box is discouraged in those places. Here, if you post a outside of the box thought, people will intelligently discuss your thought and then make fun of you in a way that makes you laugh as well. I haven't been around as much lately because we just ended our season and I am primed and ready for a great post season. To all those that work ( and I mean it has to be work to put up lineups and do play by play and post pictures and graffics) to make this place a great place to visit....I salute you
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

oldhawg

I'd like to add my thanks to all the folks on "Extra Innings" who keep it civil, informative, and insightful ---- all the way to the College World Series.  :)

popcornhog

Quote from: lefty08 on May 16, 2015, 10:41:58 am
This is by far and away the best forum on hogville, and it's not even close. I guess baseball breeds the good guys  ;)

The mlb forum is becoming my favorite. Although admittedly it doesn't get as much traffic.

Something about baseball. Fewer idiots and less red neckery.
WPS

JRHoward

I have enjoyed EI this year again as well!  Thanks folks for the work and common interest in Razorback Baseball!
Woooo Pig!

Tusks

I think Lanny should do the Lanny awards every year and give out the best forum, worst forum etc.

That would be fun.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Cinco de Hogo

I'm not a baseball man, played all of one year and coached a little youth league so I only come here to read and not be heard.  However I do spend a considerable amount of time doing that and I enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Thank you!

Ray Piggers

Quote from: tusked on May 17, 2015, 04:13:41 pm
I think Lanny should do the Lanny awards every year and give out the best forum, worst forum etc.

That would be fun.

There would be no parity, EI wins everytime.

That said, a little recognition never hurt.

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Ray Piggers on May 18, 2015, 10:49:55 pm
There would be no parity, EI wins everytime.

That said, a little recognition never hurt.
Lanny gave EI some wonderful recognition last year. He's very much aware of what is going on here. Some of the other top guys did also.

Ray, not saying you didn't know that, just wanted to put that out there.

I agree this is the best forum and that's one of the many reasons I spend so much time here. Baseball, Hogs and EI make a great combination. I feel blessed to be able to be a part of it and hope it stays this way forever. 

SPAL

It has taken a couple of years to weed out the posters who fail to uphold our standards. And I'm not sorry for running them off. I haven't had to moderate often this year, and that is a compliment to those who post here.

I think most realize by now that they won't be allowed to come over here and infest this board.

By the way, it isnt just posters who recognize this board for what it is. Parents of players take note as well and are very complimentary.

So thanks again to everybody who contributes.

WilsonHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 18, 2015, 11:48:35 pm
It has taken a couple of years to weed out the posters who fail to uphold our standards. And I'm not sorry for running them off. I haven't had to moderate often this year, and that is a compliment to those who post here.

I think most realize by now that they won't be allowed to come over here and infest this board.

By the way, it isnt just posters who recognize this board for what it is. Parents of players take note as well and are very complimentary.

I echo this. I done very little moderation in EI this season. We're to the point that the forum almost runs itself, and that's a credit to y'all. Thank you!

onebadrubi

We really need to make you work for those stars by your name! 

Kevin

i think it maybe time to stir it up some, so you have to do your job.

SPAL

Quote from: Kevin on May 19, 2015, 09:02:54 am
i think it maybe time to stir it up some, so you have to do your job.

Alright kevin, yiu are banned.

onebadrubi

Kevin

Don't make me go all John Cohen on you sir pigs

TuckFexas

Quote from: Kevin on May 19, 2015, 03:37:08 pm
Don't make me go all John Cohen on you sir pigs

You gonna make a posting style change mid paragraph?
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

onebadrubi

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 19, 2015, 04:10:43 pm
You gonna make a posting style change mid paragraph?

Thats better than ending every sentence with ..... and no new paragraphs

GatorHog

Just visited Jumpball for a bit.  I know, it wasn't an intelligent move in the off-season. Feel like going down to the altar.  Just need a good friend now.  If the BB game didn't start so late, I wouldn't have done it, Lord! 

BroyledNutts

Quote from: GatorHog on May 20, 2015, 02:08:32 pm
Just visited Jumpball for a bit.  I know, it wasn't an intelligent move in the off-season. Feel like going down to the altar.  Just need a good friend now.  If the BB game didn't start so late, I wouldn't have done it, Lord! 

Oh, Gator.......nooooooooooooooooooooooo

21chill

Best forum hands down.  In depth objective analysis from too many posters to name. 

panhandlepig

I come over here to find out how the Razorbacks are doing this year. I appreciate the information I read. I never post. I will post this, Go Hogs, Beat LSU. My only complaint is these games are so late. I'm going to put on a pot of coffee and try and stay up to watch them play..win or lose. I vote win.